Jahgrid

PvE DayZ servers petition.

Rocket has apparantly said a LOT that this will never happen. I understand that. The solution isn't blatant PvE. The game and attutide of people playing it simply needs to change some. Mainly, the zombies need to become a huge threat. Forcing players to team up if they wish to survive. This would create a 'friendlier' (Yet still dangerous and cautious) environment for cooperation. And would make all the 'bored pros' stop sprinting around shooting everyone on sight.

• Like 6

Yes but some sort of people don't get fun from pvp in this game witch take wrong way. If I want to shoot people on a sight I will play CoD or Battlefield. ( sorry for my bad text but I'm not english and it's not mine main language.

• Like 1

Since PVE and PVP servers would be a separate thing, people shouldn't complain about their existence, simply everyone would play on the type they like to play.

However I think I can see the problem here.

Since the "bandit" wouldn't notice the lack of PVP in a server where he doesn't play he shouldn't be concerned. Unless...............

Unless he is a butthurt that can't really make it in a true FPS so he wants to pick kills on people who can't return fire. In this case they get affected, because if non-aggresive players move to non-PVP servers, they would have less meatbags to shoot at.

There is no reason to be against servers having options upon creation and everyone having the enviroment as they wish. Thus creating a variety of options for all kinds of players. People against options are just admitting to want other people be forced under the rules they like.

• Like 9

Yes but some sort of people don't get fun from pvp in this game witch take wrong way. If I want to shoot people on a sight I will play CoD or Battlefield. ( sorry for my bad text but I'm not english and it's not mine main language.

That's cool but what would people actually do in a PVE server? Farm deerstands? Farm the airports? Then what? Steal each others cars over and over again? Build stuff with barbwire?

I really think you are playing the wrong game mate, pvp IS the game. Yes KOS is rather boring after a while but the only reason it is that way is because there is no incentive to NOT shoot other players (actually it will just involve a lot of risk and 0 reward). Oh and how exactly would this game be fun in a pve environment? Are you going to run around kill zombies all day or what? There is no end game and when you have all the gear there is it would be damn fucking boring if you where not able to kill other players. It would also ruin the whole concept of the hard (well one can always hope it will be harder than today anyway :)) and very deadly game dayz is.

Even if it wouldn't be separated it would be a great option because it will make pvp more balanced. But responding for question what will be do in PvE. I would say cooperate, play togehter shooting zombies for fun and so on.

Since PVE and PVP servers would be a separate thing, people shouldn't complain about their existence, simply everyone would play on the type they like to play.

However I think I can see the problem here.

Since the "bandit" wouldn't notice the lack of PVP in a server where he doesn't play he shouldn't be concerned. Unless...............

Unless he is a butthurt that can't really make it in a true FPS so he wants to pick kills on people who can't return fire. In this case they get affected, because if non-aggresive players move to non-PVP servers, they would have less meatbags to shoot at.

There is no reason to be against servers having options upon creation and everyone having the enviroment as they wish. Thus creating a variety of options for all kinds of players. People against options are just admitting to want other people be forced under the rules they like.

1. Having one pve and one pvp community will not work because either group will push for more content for their specific area just a dumb fucking split.

2. Having pve and pvp servers would require dayz to use 2 different hive's otherwise you could just gear up on a pve server and then join a pvp server with the best loot (exploit the system).

3. There is no real pve content in this game.

4. This game was made with pvp in mind and NOT to restrict ANY player choices, anyone should be able to pick their on path in game not before the game is actually launched.

Basically if you don't like pvp you are playing the wrong game period.

• Like 3

Even if it wouldn't be separated it would be a great option because it will make pvp more balanced. But responding for question what will be do in PvE. I would say cooperate, play togehter shooting zombies for fun and so on.

Cooperate doing what? gathering gear? Well that is a very quick story done very fast without the fear of getting killed by other players. Shooting zombies? Well yeah that would be fun for about a day (they are way to easy already combined with the threat of players). I don't actually think I ever died to a zombie, hum maybe ones when I was tabbed out in loading screen for a new char and I zombie killed me at spawn before I tabbed up into the game again.

Edited by Grodenn

What kind of fun do you see in destroying another player fun. As I said If I want to kill another player I would play another game or you can just play Arma 2 itself you don't need DayZ mod to do this. I just want to have fun from surviving around zombies (e.g like in movies) then it could have 5 times zombies more and this will be great fun for me.

1. Having one pve and one pvp community will not work because either group will push for more content for their specific area just a dumb fucking split.

2. Having pve and pvp servers would require dayz to use 2 different hive's otherwise you could just gear up on a pve server and then join a pvp server with the best loot (exploit the system).

3. There is no real pve content in this game.

4. This game was made with pvp in mind and NOT to restrict ANY player choices, anyone should be able to pick their on path in game not before the game is actually launched.

Basically if you don't like pvp you are playing the wrong game period.

1.- No need for pushing content of any kind. People that play project zomboid go for it with no real purpose other than merely surviving and roleplaying. You may find it boring but there are people that find it very good. THe only thing needed is a better zombie system that would benefit both "communities".

2.- This is a pretty valid point. Can't argue with that. I don't know how much stress this "hive" causes.

3.-Same as point number one I guess.

4.- Even if it was made with PVP in mind it would be as easy as enabling a friendly fire flag and a disclaimer that you play it as is and that no official support is intended for PVE. This would solve the issue and everyone goes happy to do their thing.

Guess this is an example of healthy discussion, lol.

Edited by necroslord
  • Like 3

Imo online dayz only works PvP, but for a commercial stand-alone version it should be no problem to include an offline Sandbox mode. Make it playable over LAN and you have L4D for grown ups.

How about you just make it so PvE servers aren't connected with PvP servers, seems to me the only reason for as PvE server is to loot the hell out of it and then DC and go to a PVP server? ya I dont think so.

Separate hive or not it would still split the playerbase. If you want to do solely PvE there are plenty of games for this. Why does dayZ HAS to be like every other zombie games out there? Why shouldn't we keep the little originality it has?

Why do we need to make it into a dead island with shitty melee?

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

Shooting zombies? They just respawn and offer no challenge. You guys might as well be playing duck hunt.

What kind of fun do you see in destroying another player fun. As I said If I want to kill another player I would play another game or you can just play Arma 2 itself you don't need DayZ mod to do this. I just want to have fun from surviving around zombies (e.g like in movies) then it could have 5 times zombies more and this will be great fun for me.

I don't have fun doing that. I have fun avoiding that. I just don't see any challenge in purely dealing with zombies, at least in their current form.

It's not as if they're keeping the zombie numbers low just for kicks. I'm sure there's a reason for the limited number.

Oh, and I can think of several ways to grief other players in a PVE environment.

This is a bad idea for one reason, and remember I'm a friendly and try to avoid killing people.

What would stop a bandit from going to a PVE server to haul kick ass equipment before server hopping back to his home PVP server and dominating?

PVE servers would become a gearing up server before people would kick the shit out of each other in PVP. And even though I hate getting sniped 800 meters away; it adds another element of danger and paranoia in Dayz because let's face it... At the moment zombies are no major threat when you have a team of 3 guys protecting you in town while you do the scavenging.

This is a bad idea for one reason, and remember I'm a friendly and try to avoid killing people.

What would stop a bandit from going to a PVE server to haul kick ass equipment before server hopping back to his home PVP server and dominating?

PVE servers would become a gearing up server before people would kick the shit out of each other in PVP. And even though I hate getting sniped 800 meters away; it adds another element of danger and paranoia in Dayz because let's face it... At the moment zombies are no major threat when you have a team of 3 guys protecting you in town while you do the scavenging.

It seems common agreement that if PVE servers come to be, you can't transfer characters from PVE to PVP and viceversa Just like in other games. That should fix that issue.

• Like 3

It seems pretty obvious that since you all whining sissies want pve servers you have clearly missing the point of the game.

It is not going to happen. Deal with it or:

wait for warZ (yay, money in a post-apo game, class system, safe zones & so called pve, plus the giga pussy mod aka easy mod (you die, you keep your gear. Way to go!))

or try other zeds pve shooter (killing floor, left4dead and so on).

But not dayZ. DayZ is not a zombie shooter. It is a survival, paranoia generator, where player interaction take the first place (even if you halfwited sissies think that the only way to play the game is to KoS (poor little sobbing victims))

PS: moar tears for mah canteen

I really think you are playing the wrong game mate, pvp IS the game. Yes KOS is rather boring after a while but the only reason it is that way is because there is no incentive to NOT shoot other players (actually it will just involve a lot of risk and 0 reward). Oh and how exactly would this game be fun in a pve environment? Are you going to run around kill zombies all day or what? There is no end game and when you have all the gear there is it would be damn fucking boring if you where not able to kill other players. It would also ruin the whole concept of the hard (well one can always hope it will be harder than today anyway :)) and very deadly game dayz is.

the point of having pve is to create the option of being able to play the game the way you want to play it. simple as that. if it doesn't affect you why do you care?