Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

How populated is Green Mountain?

Greeeeeeeen mountain is the place - to die!

Daaaaay Z massacre you'll lose - your eye!

Ruuuuuun fast enough to geeet awaaaay....

Or probably not - you're gonna die today!

Ba dum ba dum bum.... BUM BUM!

I've been there several times and never seen or heard anything strange. But there is some truth to the rumors.

I tried to make my camp there once, since it only has one entrance and a tower with plenty of sight. I had my tractor, night vision, everything you could want to make a base. I set up my tent (with excruciating difficulty) within the compound's walls and parked my tractor just inside, with the gate shut. I then took up residence within the tower to begin my vigil while my friends gathered up their camps and made their way to our new base. I chuckled to myself at all of the silly stories about the place and just waited. Aside from a handful of the dead walking around below, everything was quiet and still. I first thought it was peaceful, but something just felt off, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

After awhile, I started to get impatient. My friends were taking quite some time gettiing here, and I was growing restless. It truly is quiet up there. Not totally silent like the myths say, but it's unsettling. I don't know what's up with that place, but it just felt wrong. Seriously. My nearest friend had been coming in from the northwest, and he should have been there by now. I found out a little later that somehow he had completely missed the huge tower after entering the forest and ended up on the opposite edge, where he was killed by zombies when he fell off the ladder to the deerstand he found there. Shortly after that, the place just got to me. I don't know if it was just the silly rumors on the forum that got to me or if there is something truly wrong there. But I got on my tractor and left. I drove out of there as fast as I could, leaving the tent with a few supplies in it far behind. My other friend would later arrive to tell me that the tent wasn't there.

I don't know if someone came and destroyed it. I don't know if the mountain took it. I don't know if it was ever even there at this point. That place gets to you if you stay there. I've been back a few times, but I never enter the compound anymore. I glance inside and around in hopes of spotting a vehicle, and then I run like hell. Yeah, most of this stuff you see about green mountain is just hype. But there is something wrong there. I know it, and they know it. Feel free to muster your courage and brave the mountain, but don't stay. Don't stay.

Edited by Askar
  • Like 1

If anyone actually doubts the rumors then they should ask Rocket about Samwell62 from the first ever dayz server. I bet he dodges the question or pretends to have never heard of him.

A disturbing place. Many will joke, some will go to test their fate and may find nothing. Others will not be so lucky, however, as Green Mountain is a fickle monster.

I've seen a tower like that before. Are there more towers like that or only one at greenmountain?

Once you see the one, they are everywhere..... enough said!

Omg stop it! stop talking about "that" place, omg stop now we're all going to die, god save ussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Please stay the F*** away from that place. Even if you survive, it changes you... and you can die hours or days later under the strangest of circumstances.

Yeah except you could die randomly anyway because the game is in beta and it's hella glitchy

I went to green mountain once with a group and im just fine. probably because i ran faster then them.

• Like 1

I went there once with all my friends now I have none. The "Void" will get you and all of your friends!!! You ask whats the "Void" my answer is "Oh you will know when you see the "Void".....

I went there once with all my friends now I have none. The "Void" will get you and all of your friends!!! You ask whats the "Void" my answer is "Oh you will know when you see the "Void".....

is it the graphical artifacts? because then that makes perfect sense; i can see how you can lose your friends in that

You guys are full of shit! I went there once, it was not bad. Go there, maybe you'll find something. Only... it kinda sucks waking up on a beach again :|

• Like 1

You guys are full of shit! I went there once, it was not bad. Go there, maybe you'll find something. Only... it kinda sucks waking up on a beach again :|

you're suppressing the memories of what you really saw there, but it's okay just another way of coping.

• Like 1

is it the graphical artifacts? because then that makes perfect sense; i can see how you can lose your friends in that

LOL tis true, I've lost my friend due to graphical artifacts. It's scary, even more so than all these lovely made up stories about green mountain that people want Rocket to put in game so bad.