Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

perhaps, but it doesn't really have a learning curve, its just a cliff. You either know how to do, or you don't.

In other news, went prone inside a building today. It broke my leg.

Shit like that happens. Was Minecraft perfect in Alpha? Hell no. Part of your problems aren't even in the mod. The Arma 2 engine sometimes screws up and random crap happens.

Oh yea, if you hate this mod so much, tell me this, why do you still play it?

whats this War-Z everyone is talking about?

Oh yeah, it´s the WoW meets DayZ BS that´s coming out right?

Trust me. It will be nothing like DayZ because DayZ is not a fucked up game that shoves all kind of false "great moments" down your throat via kewl Items, Achievements,"Safezones", Itemspirals or other Bullshit which ruined the Game Industry.

And exactly THAT is what made DayZ the reputation. It is outstanding in it´s Idea´s and Gameplay and i doubt anyone will bring out something even close to it because all they see this days is $$ and frustration does not sell.

Besides: I hate where our Society is going and reflects in Games that are been brought on the market. "I need to get every cool stuff as soon as it is out. And of cause without much effort. I bought the new IPOD today. Hey they are releasing a new one tomorrow I NEED IT!!!!1111"

fuck off ....

you...me...we got the same mindset man. Bromance incoming hehe.

wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

Well you know there is this thing called realism

Edited by kollozal22

Alpha has nothing to do with this players problems

This player is simply bad at the game and went into the game entirely uneducated, thinking he could play it like any other game

To -everyone- who keeps saying shit about "Alpha," please, re-read his post. His entire post is about mistakes HE made, and HIS lack of knowledge. Nothing about the game having glitches due to Alpha.

Please. Stop saying "It's Alpha" to someone who is a bad player. Alpha has nothing to do with this players gameplay experience.

Exactly. It's not a game you just hop in and tear shit up in. This is not the empowering, you are A GOD style game. You are mortal, survival is not guaranteed. I had my tough times at the start, even reading up on the mod and watching youtube for a few days before I purchased Arma didn't prepare me for the difficulty and frustration. There are not enough games that actually challenge you anymore, and I'm sick of seeing people piss and moan to try and make it easier. Seriously, quitcherbitchin' and get better. Do some fucking research before jumping in the game facefirst to try and set a world record for eating zombie dicks.

Edited by Sgt Abraham Ford

You've been playing a game that dropped in 2010 for twelve years? That's hardcore man.

Oh the wit!.... the series kid, since the gameplay and mechanics have changed little its the same game, OFP -> Armed Assault -> ArmA 2

running from town to town is not a safe bet. take it slowly, find a deer stand with a weapon (at the very least, an axe or pistol), and then stealthily make your way to your friend. DayZ requires patience and planning, unlike most other FPS games. do not fire the gun unless it is urgent, as the noise attracts zombies.

and most of all, expect to die! this game is about surviving as long as you can, and even pros die often.

also, going prone makes you near-invisible to zombies. use prone in a town, crouch-run elsewhere.

when shooting, aim for the head. axes will 1-hit a zombie, i think it takes 3 hits to kill a player, but melee can KO players

DayZ has a steep learning curve, it's not a run, shoot, run, shoot COD-, Halo- or TF2-ish mod.

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

It's obvious guys, he's just part of the marketing team for War-Z. Yeah yeah, bash the game so everyone will turn to yours, we're on to you...

One way of exiting out is cutting the corners as they said then automatically prone (z) to the ground. Once you get out of their field of view

The fanboy nuthugging on this forum is at a level I may have never seen before lol Lets hope the people investing money on the economic success of this game wont listen to any of you in regards to a new players first experience. I kind of like the harsh start and steep learning curve but I know its not for the majority of gamers, hell I couldnt even get any of my friends to stick with EVE and I have been trying to get them to since 2005!

Edited by Raaad
  • Like 1

I"m not sure what OP expected. Everyone knows this game has a learning curve to it. Just die, learn, and move on.

Like a whole bunch of others, I got the game on the steam sale. I knew it was going to be hard and that I would die a lot, that should not be unexpected or something to bitch and moan about.

My experience:

1st spawn: It's night, can't see shit, wonder why "L" isn't turning on my flashlight and blame the buggy game. Turn gama and all that shit up, see some zed and run away, which catches their attention and they kill me. Decide maybe I should wait till daylight to learn the game.

2nd spawn: right in cherno. Try sneaking around but apparantly crouch running isn't enough. I still attract the zed and get mauled to death.

3rd spawn, BFE, run to town, now I'm extremely cautious about the zed and am learning not to get their attention. Start to get gear that I don't know wtf to do with, except I think the crowbar is awesome. Still not cautious enough about the zed, I'm seriously wounded by the time a bandit puts me down.

4th spawn. Go to town, getting even better at avoiding zed, get an enfield and good supplies. I see a guy climbing down a ladder and shot him. He dies and I'm happy to get my first kill. I go to inspect the body and someone headshots me.

Next half dozen spawns are more of the same. Finding my way through town, getting better and not tipping off the zed, mostly getting killed by other players.

This is all in the first 24 hours of playing. My average lifespan was probably 10-20 minutes. But you know what? That is what I expected. That is what being a newb to a game entails, and how one learns to not be a newb.

I still play solo, but I've been alive for days now and I love the tension the game creates. Laying prone while a zed practically trips over my legs, hearing that ATV approach when I'm in the supermarket and deciding whether i'm in the mood to bounce or pounce, hearing gunshots in the distance and remembering that there are other lost souls out there fighting for their lives.

If the shit was easy, none of that would matter. But it isn't easy, Dayz makes you work for it and you can lose it all in a heartbeat if you let your guard down for just a second.

tl;dr Dayz isn't going to hand things to you on a plate. You have to constantly keep your guard up or you will get caught slippin and that is what makes the game great.

Edited by markevens
  • Like 6

I"m not sure what OP expected. Everyone knows this game has a learning curve to it. Just die, learn, and move on.

Like a whole bunch of others, I got the game on the steam sale. I knew it was going to be hard and that I would die a lot, that should not be unexpected or something to bitch and moan about.

My experience:

1st spawn: It's night, can't see shit, wonder why "L" isn't turning on my flashlight and blame the buggy game. Turn gama and all that shit up, see some zed and run away, which catches their attention and they kill me. Decide maybe I should wait till daylight to learn the game.

2nd spawn: right in cherno. Try sneaking around but apparantly crouch running isn't enough. I still attract the zed and get mauled to death.

3rd spawn, BFE, run to town, now I'm extremely cautious about the zed and am learning not to get their attention. Start to get gear that I don't know wtf to do with, except I think the crowbar is awesome. Still not cautious enough about the zed, I'm seriously wounded by the time a bandit puts me down.

4th spawn. Go to town, getting even better at avoiding zed, get an enfield and good supplies. I see a guy climbing down a ladder and shot him. He dies and I'm happy to get my first kill. I go to inspect the body and someone headshots me.

Next half dozen spawns are more of the same. Finding my way through town, getting better and not tipping off the zed, mostly getting killed by other players.

This is all in the first 24 hours of playing. My average lifespan was probably 10-20 minutes. But you know what? That is what I expected. That is what being a newb to a game entails, and how one learns to not be a newb.

I still play solo, but I've been alive for days now and I love the tension the game creates. Laying prone while a zed practically trips over my legs, hearing that ATV approach when I'm in the supermarket and deciding whether i'm in the mood to bounce or pounce, hearing gunshots in the distance and remembering that there are other lost souls out there fighting for their lives.

If the shit was easy, none of that would matter. But it isn't easy, Dayz makes you work for it and you can lose it all in a heartbeat if you let your guard down for just a second.

tl;dr Dayz isn't going to hand things to you on a plate. You have to constantly keep your guard up or you will get caught slippin and that is what makes the game great.

shut up and take my beans! (nice post, you summed it all up quite well.) Edited by El Barto 227

After my two hour crawl through the woods I found zombies didn't notice me so often, next time I tried to scavenge, I did the whole prone and crouch things, sneaky shit. Zombie didn't give a fuck. He charged my snake in the grass ass and wouldn't leave me alone even after I swam out to an island.

Ah well, fan boys like to live in blind ignorance rather than admit flaws.

It's cool though, I didn't expect to get much support on the forums of the game I'm slandering.

This is the new players discussion forum though, so I figured I'd give my first impressions, maybe someone can benefeit from the opinion of your average gamer rather than that of an elitest hardcore.

lol yeah, Day Z is known for its historic "fan boy" audience. Going back.. oh... years.. no.. well, a while!

You don't need to be an "elitist hardcore" to enjoy this game. It's a hard game, it's supposed to be a hard game.

By the way, did you ever figure out that morphine instantly fixes a broken bone? Trick is not to break one before you HAVE morphine and to stop running full speed while standing so every zombie doesn't see you.

Edited by WisdomSnork

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

DO NOT blame this game for your poor ingame choices. honestly from what i just read you suck so like i said dont blame this game because you dont know what to do how to lose zombies etc..

I like when they've built up with anticipation only to be broken down.

OP, on your second life, you decided to give the game 'another chance'. Sorry, but your ridiculous impatience has no place in DayZ anyways. I heard COD black ops 2 is coming out soon. Ciao

LMFAO!! sooooo damn true!

Yeah, every time a game is in pre-pre development and someone is indignant and shocked at its lack of polish, someone else comes along and points out the game is in pre-pre development.

What a crazy world we live in :]

• Like 1

Ammo, this guy didn't ask for help forming a conclusion. He concluded it sucked based on his limited experience.

We're not here to convince people otherwise.

I think that everyone here is nothing but helpful when someone makes a post looking for information, even to the point of re typing the answers to questions that have been asked a million times.

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

This game isn't for you. Better play BF3 or something like that. I don't wanna be rude but your post says this game isn't yours.

There is this thing called alpha.

ide call it more Open-Beta because everyone and anyone can paly it. Minecraft for example was in beta for over ayear but it was only a cover to his broken updates. thats all this mod is aswell, its in 'alpha' because opening it to Open beta or closed beta, and he still cant make a update that doesnt cause MORE issues.its all about protecting his rep.