Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

I def did try running across vast open fields a lot. I attempted the forest but then my guy slowed cause he was going uphill, didn't seem to affect the zombies though. I then figured, hey, maybe I could at least swim faster, so I tried that, didn't end well. Also tried to lose them around a bridge or fences to no avail, the one building I found I tried to hide in, they just opened the door again and gave me a bad time.

That was when I decided to rage quit for the third time. Spent three hours today trying to play with my friend, most of it was spent on loading screens after being randomly kicked, didn't know what that was about but figured, hey, alpha, nbd

We always spawned so far away, we didn't have any way to find or play with each other, nor were there grouping options or anything. I can understand that, since, again, Alpha, just sucked is all.

Im not hardcore, elite bullshit player and I found this game to be great.

I just don't think its for you,

I was destroyed the first few times but the game requires those who seek a challenge and don't like to have their hand held for them.

You may ask where is the fun in this?

The fun also comes from brutality and how fucked up the human imagination can be. You have a huge open land, filled with zombies who are only a side note to the other players out there, you have no idea what the other guy might be thinking, do you team up? or adopt a kill or be killed approach.

You spent so long crawling, have you tried re spawning? Also if you read any basic guide on the game you'd know how to lose Zeds really fast.

Like i mentioned, other players are the real thing to get excited about in this game (and fear), and if you are having problems with Zeds then quit right now because your probably going to get your ass handed to you by bandits.

• Like 1

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

this game is a fucking joke, zombies are shit, or that they can hear\see you from miles away even if you're crouch running or that they just try to block your enterance into a city\house\w.e, when I bought this game I thought it would be just like in those videos, lots of friendlies, sidechat, so you wont just go for hours and hours going from place to place trying to find guns, I mean wtf is that shit for, you find the best gun, then what?Its more fun to have gunfights\just hang with friends and raid hot spots(with other players) because this survival is complete bullshit, it doesn't the "feel" of real surviving.. and don't tell me its a free mod, I'm saying this just because I saw it in some other thread "Arma 2 sales has rised of about 300% because of DayZ"

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

now go ahead and say your "cool story bruh" and "ITS AN ALPHA" or "Go play another game"

Well written. I understood most of your jibber-jabber.

Again. Day Z is free. At no point have they asked you for any money. You chose to buy Arma to play DayZ based on popular opinion and probably some articles you read on a gaming site.

This mod is being used as a testing ground for various ideas. It's using the Arma engine which is famously buggy and any articles you read about it would have told you this.

War Z is nothing more than a load of concept art at the moment, and it's probably the first of many games that are going to jump on the bandwagon. There's room in the market for all of them and when the standalone version of DayZ comes out it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. I know which one I'll bet on.

Just in case you still don't get it: The fact that you chose to go and buy Arma to play DayZ rests entirely on your shoulders and if it's not what you were expecting maybe you should have read a bit more about it first.

Maybe find a group of people to play with and to help you with the basics. Reading/watching guides helped me to start enjoying the game.

• Like 1

Protip: When running uphill, run sideways.

Also, a grouping system? In a mod focused on immersion? Really now? Do you have a grouping system in real life? If the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow and you have no means to contact your family, will you be able to simply pop up a menu and 'group up' with your family, instantly knowing where they are without even having any way to talk to them?

I could pull out a cellphone and call em. I mean something like "hey if I join this game, you'll join right next to me" instead of the needless searching for your friend if you guys just want to play a couple hours or so. Right now the vast majority of that time is spent getting oriented and running around mindlessly.

whats this War-Z everyone is talking about?

Oh yeah, it´s the WoW meets DayZ BS that´s coming out right?

Trust me. It will be nothing like DayZ because DayZ is not a fucked up game that shoves all kind of false "great moments" down your throat via kewl Items, Achievements,"Safezones", Itemspirals or other Bullshit which ruined the Game Industry.

And exactly THAT is what made DayZ the reputation. It is outstanding in it´s Idea´s and Gameplay and i doubt anyone will bring out something even close to it because all they see this days is $$ and frustration does not sell.

Besides: I hate where our Society is going and reflects in Games that are been brought on the market. "I need to get every cool stuff as soon as it is out. And of cause without much effort. I bought the new IPOD today. Hey they are releasing a new one tomorrow I NEED IT!!!!1111"

fuck off ....

• Like 2

I could pull out a cellphone and call em. I mean something like "hey if I join this game, you'll join right next to me" instead of the needless searching for your friend if you guys just want to play a couple hours or so. Right now the vast majority of that time is spent getting oriented and running around mindlessly.

oh yeah you could? think again... a real fucking apocalypse in anyway will shut down satellites. thought about who runs them? who maintains them? and so on?

See? THAT is what im talking about.

I like when they've built up with anticipation only to be broken down.

OP, on your second life, you decided to give the game 'another chance'. Sorry, but your ridiculous impatience has no place in DayZ anyways. I heard COD black ops 2 is coming out soon. Ciao

lol this,

This is game is clearly not for you.

Sure buddy, the end of the world and you still try to use a fucking phone!?

Enjoy talking to yourself lol.

Edited by MilkyWay

About the long connection times, try joining a server hosted by Vilayer, such as UK 1337, for me and my friends they often are very quick

And with the entire electricity grid being down, how are you going to use a cellphone? Besides that, do you have a cellphone in-game?

Anyway, I also got frustrated with trying to meet up with people at first, but once you get used to the map, which happens rather fast, it's no problem. Even if you spawn on opposite ends of the map, meeting up shouldn't take more than 20 minutes for someone who has a vague idea of the layout of the map.

the only one the whole "its in alpha!" excuse works on is the crippling load times.

I'm pretty sure it is valid for all of this mod. Alpha is the time the developer can experiment with different features, to see what works and what does not work. You should also read and listen to what Rocket is planning for this game. Rocket really likes to experiment with the mod, he is even thinking of making it a stand alone game, which would give him more freedom to do what he wants to do with the game, but until then, he is stuck with the ArmA 2 game itself.

And as for your leg problem, you can't brake your legs unless you're bellow 8k health(blood) when being hit by a zombie. (I've been hit by three zombies at once, without braking my legs, unless I got bellow 8k health(blood)). Falling/jumping 3m down, can in fact brake your legs, since there is no feature for rolling as you land on the ground to divert the force put on your legs, your legs will most likely brake. (Would be a nice to see such a feature put in if possible.) I've walked off a deer stand before, but I have not broken my legs, but I did loose about 2k health(blood) as I landed.

If you have been running inside buildings to avoid zombies, but failed at that. Then you're doing it wrong, it is quite simple really, find a building with two exists, run in, crouch out. keep an aye on the two icons that represents your noise level and visibility level, if you're very visible then don't crouch run close to zombies. although some zombies are bugged and will react either way don't wait until they are close to you before running. use ALT to look around double tap ALT to toggle free look, or hold it down to look around.

Weapons are rather easy to find, you can find weapons in less then five minutes, depending on where you spawn.

Better try again and learn from your mistakes.

PS. I do not have high hopes for The War Z... seems fishy.

I know my English is not very good, so no point mocking me^^

Edited by Woozaboo

Broken bones healing themselves? Have you ever broke a bone?!? Takes about 6 weeks to heal!!!

I broke my collar bone and had surgery on it, I was on a constant stream of morphine into my blood stream.

It didn't make it heal!? what gives ....

I laugh at people like the OP. They are the product of dumbed down console games as well as the spoonfeed rewards type gamers who expect everything to be handed to them with minimal effort. I mean its enough that he loged into the game right for him to be on the fast track to winning?

If in all the time you played you either have not figured out how infected work or have not bothered to look up info on how to play then thats your problem. You strike me as someone used to easy games with respawns, save games, map way points and all that other stuff that has dumbed many games down to the point where they feel so disposible and skill matter little.

Yes I am a bitter elitist PC gaming jerk. Get over it.

• Like 6

I have something to say, it has probably already been said but I can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

OP: This game is meant to be hard, everything it not meant to be handed to you on a plate. You are obviously inexperienced in this game, and it seems unlikely you will learn fast, looking at your attitude. Change your attitude of, it is a game meant to make me happy to, imagine if this was real life, what would you have to do.. when you become experienced, you know how to deal with things like being chased by a zombie while bleeding etc.. and when you learn how to not alert a whole town a zombies.. and when you learn how to navigate quickly even without a map, by seeing your spawn location and memorising the map off by heart... and when you start deciding to run through forest instead of open fields... and when you have a plan of where to go and what to do.. you will then find this 'game' (yes, more like anti game).. fun! It has to come from yourself, this game is like a sandbox.

• Like 2

And as for your leg problem, you can't brake your legs unless you're bellow 8k health(blood) when being hit by a zombie. (I've been hit by three zombies at once, without braking my legs, unless I got bellow 8k health(blood)). Falling/jumping 3m down, can in fact brake your legs, since there is no feature for rolling as you land on the ground to divert the force put on your legs, your legs will most likely brake. (Would be a nice to see such a feature put in if possible.) I've walked off a deer stand before, but I have not broken my legs, but I did loose about 2k health(blood) as I landed.

that´s not quite right. Every hit from a Zombie counts on a value from 0-1 if you hit 1 you have a chance to brake your leg with every single hit you take form then on. since the damage and the probability that a zombie can brake your leg got reduced it´s not that of a issue anymore.

he must have done something stupid or got bugged in a doorway a rock or what else bugs.

20 minutes to spawn lol time for a new system and if your new you will die everyone does just go in again stop crying and read forums on how to do stuff like shake zombies just lure em into a building and they slow to a crawl or cut corners.

im a noob to but never had such problems as you this game probably isnt for you

and i lolled as well on my broken leg didnt go away xD you need to heal it -,-

Edited by Fulgrim

it sounds like you played like one hour. didnt know any sort of basic stuff and give up after every fail or situation were using your brain would be just sufficient.

whats the next thing? QQ there is no healthregen. nevermind you did that allready with complaining about the broken bone.

its not a game were your average soccermum can pick up and play. what did you expect on a survival game based on an engine for a war Simulator.

Edited by Bezki

After my two hour crawl through the woods I found zombies didn't notice me so often, next time I tried to scavenge, I did the whole prone and crouch things, sneaky shit. Zombie didn't give a fuck. He charged my snake in the grass ass and wouldn't leave me alone even after I swam out to an island.

Ah well, fan boys like to live in blind ignorance rather than admit flaws.

[...]

I have to laugh a lot at this one. I usually also stay away from this kind of "conversation" but def. this one was too much for letting go.

Think a bit who is in ignorance here. You are used to other games and have no clue whatsoever on how to play this one. Then you call people who learnt it ignorants? Do you even know what ignorance means?

And I'm not even a DayZ fan. I'm a big Arma fan though.

Don't forget, this is not like the other games you played. Your tactics from CoD, Battlefield or cute RPGs won't work. And don't forget, this is an Arma 2 mod. Have you played Arma 2?

If you can't learn how to play DayZ straight away, don't panic. Learn Arma 2 first. Try the campaign. On hard settings.

Considering how much you're interested in learning (instead of moaning) I guess you'll give it up after a couple of days without progressing much. Then you can load Battlefield back and play your ordinary "run'n'shoot" type of game.

You can eventually prove me wrong though, and learn how to do it. Having situation awareness, stealth, going prone and crawling A LOT, engaging and disengaging the foes at the right times and only when circumstances favour you.

With the very basics you can get into a town, loot the hell out of it and leave it without a single zed noticing you. In fact, any of the good DayZ players will complain the zeds do not respond enough as you can crawl from behind them getting as close as being able to pinch their infected asses without them noticing.

Bottom line is: man up and learn the game (yes it can be hard if you're used to soft core games) or go play something else. Whining that DayZ is DayZ and not something else is just... lame.

edit: oh, yeah, and my system is very low end and it takes me 30 seconds at most to spawn or load the game. 20 minutes, wtf?

Edited by Robin Hood
  • Like 2

hehe this is what happens if players enters Arma 2 with the mindset of Battlefield 3. Your every movement and breath counts in this game, its alot more advanced than you think. You need to watch tutorials, its too much to cover in a thread. DayZ is the best game experience youll ever play trust me, its a reason why half a million is playing this suddenly.

Edited by Avean
  • Like 1

i agee alot of fixing should be done.

After dying 10 times u get the hang of it .

zombie should slow down after a while

but first thing when u spwn go to hospital and get 2 morphines at least

• Like 1

That's the problem with todays generation of gamers, everything is spoon fed and they have there hands held on where to go and what to do.... Anyone remember the frist Zelda on NES.. You were thrown in the game and u had no idea where the hell to go or what to do... Those were great games, the ones comming out today are to help the Reality TV Dip Shit generations.....

• Like 3

I have no doubt you played it ala CoD or Battlefield. Like, I have no doubt. Running in the open, thinking you are some ninja mofo. Not going to work mate. I've played for 3 weeks, died only once, and have had one of the best gaming experiences ever. Don't like it? If it means more room on servers, then be our guest and leave.

With each new life I get a little better, I'm by no means an eliteist player or a very good FPS player in general, however now i'm up to day 20 with some sweet kit living off the land as a lone wolf. It's the most tense and brilliant game experience I have had in a long time. Once you learn things like the map and to respawn once you have your legs broken in the wilderness, you'll be right as rain.

Also, sneak everywhere and rarely fire unless you have silenced weaponry or you absolutely have to.

no point to OP, you are just a noob. it was like that for everyone in his first attempts, find someone that teachs you or watch some video tutorial. and the map there is..just find it

• Like 1

1) Find a map online, use it to find friends (if both of you run towards eachother, it would barely take 10 minutes for you to meet up, 15 if you stop in a village for basic supplies first).

2) When near buildings, crawl, because Zeds will spawn close in that area. Even if they spawn "right" behind/in front of you they won't spot you instantly lest you jump up and start sprinting.

3) If you do absolutely fail to sneak past Zed and you have to run, keep in mind that they use sight to lock on to you. They can't follow that which cannot be seen.

4) I do agree with one point, a basic melee attack like a shove would be neat to have. You shouldn't be able to punch a Zed to pulp, but a pushing them over to buy 2-3 seconds of time for you to run away from them would be welcome (lest you sprint full speed through a town). And I'm not talking about a spammable shove like the one in L4D, just one with a slow-ish animation and a few seconds of "cooldown", one that can be used in a situation where you're alone against 1 Zed.

Edited by Applejuice