rjack85

Your new Huey?

Looks like choppers will be returning in the next patch. That's awesome. What will you be doing with yours? I just know everyone wants one and has plans to acquire one. Only 3 or so per server? hmmm... someone will get left out lol.

For someone who plays alone it doesn't make a lot of sense to even have one. What could you actually do with it? IF you managed to acquire a Huey how would you hang on to it for more than a few hours? I believe there are cheats that will allow people to snatch all the vehicles on the map so whats the point of getting one?

So what's your plan for your shiny new bird?

1) Acquire Huey.

2) Repair Huey.

3) Fly Huey to Cherno to show off.

4) Crash less than 100m after takeoff.

5) Post video here.

6) ???

7) Profit.

Edited by thefonz

1. Acquire helicopter.

2. Land on unenterable building in plain view.

3. Watch noobs try to get to it.

1. Acquire helicopter.

2. Land on unenterable building in plain view.

3. Watch noobs try to get to it.

4. Witness AS50 shot.

5. Laugh at ensuing fireball.

Edited by bogroll

6. Find another helicopter

7. Get shot down by hacked in weapons

8. Spawn at coast

9. Spend 30 mins running to your camp

10. Instantly die along with everyone else in the server

Edited by Jimmy James
  • Like 1

Come on you guys gotta have more fun with em than that, why not practice some barrel rolls over Cherno?

Looks like choppers will be returning in the next patch. That's awesome. What will you be doing with yours? I just know everyone wants one and has plans to acquire one. Only 3 or so per server? hmmm... someone will get left out lol.

For someone who plays alone it doesn't make a lot of sense to even have one. What could you actually do with it? IF you managed to acquire a Huey how would you hang on to it for more than a few hours? I believe there are cheats that will allow people to snatch all the vehicles on the map so whats the point of getting one?

So what's your plan for your shiny new bird?

Hord all 3 of them, do night time insertions with a 20+ group, take over the world!

We ready!

Maybe it's my problem, but my helicopters are severely underpowered. For instance, the huey has a ceiling of about 1400m, instead of ~6km.

Land it in an open field near stary, make sure everyone can see it, leave to tree line, kill everyone who trys to take the heli... or just kill the heli while they are taking off. Rinse and repeat haha it will be a personal heli crash site, without zombies! B)

Really what im gonna do is just have it as a transport, for gear. Drop friends off 500-900m away somewhere and so on. question is where to hide it.

Really what im gonna do is just have it as a transport, for gear. Drop friends off 500-900m away somewhere and so on. question is where to hide it.

stalinsky isle, fly around with it looking for all the boats, drop friends off to pick up each boat bring them all to stalinsky keep chopper at the isle

Edited by Chaossound

stalinsky isle, fly around with it looking for all the boats, drop friends off to pick up each boat bring them all to stalinsky keep chopper at the isle

good idea will try that indefintely

Maybe it's my problem, but my helicopters are severely underpowered. For instance, the huey has a ceiling of about 1400m, instead of ~6km.

You're assuming that the game could handle you flying to 6km (maybe it can, probably not well in MP). Are you trying to melt a server?

Probably nothing since they will be gone within 5 minutes and probably never seen again, if there are only 3 helicopters.

There are plenty of vehicles and i havent seen any of those in the last month either.

Prepare a 50 cal to 1-shot them all and laugh about it.

Well if they stop things being taken off the map then I see this being totally awesome.

My group is constantly having shoot ups and raids with another group on our server, constantly stealing each others vehicles etc.

It's pretty awesome, a chopper would make it even awesomer.

The birds should be in-game very soon. Please let us know how your "acquisition" went! We all like a good adventure story :)

1) Stash gear in tents

2) Take 4 guys, we all carry parts for a helo. No valuables.

3) Speedloot NE and NW airfields

4) Assuming we find a helo, we fix it up and fuel it up

5) Fly it around, and then go on strafe runs at Cherno/Elektro

6) Finish the day with a bang...Smack dab in the middle of Cherno.

why do you tell this to these noobs?

Say one spawn today right in Cherno. I made it to about 200m away before it powered up and flew away. :(