<GMSradio.net> Green Mountain Survivors - The Radio Station of the Apocalypse.

IRL Information

Name:Curtis

Timezone:Eastern

Do you meet ALL the requirements? If not, which ones are you missing and why?:I do not meet the anti bandit because someone started to shoot at me so i shot back and it was a lethal shot.

Game Information

IGN:?

Steam ID (if applicable):

Desired group role (Medic, sniper, spotter, etc):spotter

Why you would like to join? What interested you about us? (min. 4 sentences):I would like to join cuz i am tired of people going around and being idiots when i play with them,the thing that interested me about you guys were that your well setup, you know where everything is(play like professionals) and you guys just seem chill until someone starts to come and attack. i would also like to join because i need people to play with.

What skills / perks can you offer to [GMS]?:i can offer stealth i can offer a good shot and perfect spotting material

Yeah, instead of locking their server and getting blacklisted they just take it down when "THEY" are not playing on it...

Is this for real? You guys had something going good here, but this is against the rules. I might have to have my group pay these guys a visit some time soon.

Edited by AussieStig

Is this for real? You guys had something going good here, but this is against the rules. I might have to have my group pay these guys a visit some time soon.

You won't be able too. I just tried to search for the server they have listed here and its not up. Can't see it through DayZ Commander, Six Launcher, or the Arma2 Browser.

:I They can't just shut down a server to protect loot.

You can see it through DayZ Commander if you enable "Show unresponsive". Meaning it is currently offline because they have taken it down.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 3

The ToS for dayz has in it that you are not allow to password/lock your server or take it down to stop people from looting your camps.

You won't be able too. I just tried to search for the server they have listed here and its not up. Can't see it through DayZ Commander, Six Launcher, or the Arma2 Browser.

:I They can't just shut down a server to protect loot.

You can see it through DayZ Commander if you enable "Show unresponsive". Meaning it is currently offline because they have taken it down.

Show some support their shutdown then. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50680-us-1038-tx/

I understand how people can be upset at this, but I like what they are trying to do, they are trying to make a safe haven in a world of grief. this "persistent" world is completely against anyone who tries to make it better. You can't keep more than what you can carry completely safe which isn't how the world works. There are hackers bringing in A-10's, teleporting people to "thunder dome", zombies walking through walls, and gear disappearing due to bags. I think we need to get our priorities straight, the Dev team is not able to provide the tools needed to keep this game fair for survivors beyond the simple "if you can carry when you logout It's safe." Rocket has been quoted himself stating "I want people to walk away mad", The only reason most people get mad is because they've been cheated or given a cheap death.

As much as I enjoy what I have created and what GMS is, it has simply gotten much to large for my tastes. Having grown to this size, it has become impossible for me to talk to people and remember who-is-who; some people may like this, but I don't. So i'm bidding GMS adieu, I hope that I can still visit from time to time; but for the most part i'm leaving GMS into the hands of the people who like doing me job anyway.

It's not like i'm needed anymore anyway, have fun doing my job; those who enjoy it.

For the people who don't know, i'm the original founder.

Show some support their shutdown then. http://dayzmod.com/f...680-us-1038-tx/

So they do something wrong in order to make something great and you feel that you have to go run and tell dad? Maybe you should spend your time helping fix bugs or help get better anti hacking software to keep hackers out instead of showing how much a douchebag you really are.

So they do something wrong in order to make something great and you feel that you have to go run and tell dad? Maybe you should spend your time helping fix bugs or help get better anti hacking software to keep hackers out instead of showing how much a douchebag you really are.

I am helping, by reporting a server in violation of TOS.. Hackers and bugs are on that list too.

IRL Information

Name: Tal S.

Timezone: Gmt +3

Do you meet ALL the requirements? If not, which ones are you missing and why?: Yes, I have a microphone, Teamspeak, I hate Bandits, I'm friendly and mature, I play almost every day of the week and I've died so many times that I don't even care ;)

Game Information

IGN: Talisauros

Steam ID (if applicable): STEAM_0:1:18358566 ([RoFL]Tal-Mostly)

Desired group role (Medic, sniper, spotter, etc): General Milita, Spotter, Scout

Why you would like to join? What interested you about us? (min. 4 sentences): I'm quite fed up on waiting for my friends to be online to play ,and having to count on them in battles. Also, Bandits seem to have kill me so many times, no matter how friendly I show I am, and I want to fight back and kill those bastards. I couldn't really experience every single role and item in the game just because it's basically impossible to find a day-time server with low ping on the hours I play (Usually evening at my place) that won't have a lot of players so I can survive for more than 2 hours straight.

I'm looking for a friendly community where I could find good mates to hang with and have fun playing this game, surviving and killing bandits :)

What skills / perks can you offer to [GMS]?: I'm a real good navigator, I can almost always say where I'm at even without having any GPS or map, I remember routes easily and have an easy time getting from place to place.

Name: Dylan

TimeZone: Central TimeZone

IGN: Peter

Steam ID: xEpiCxPenguin

Desired Group/role: Sniper or Medic.

Why I would like to join:

I have been looking for a good/friendly clan to join. I really like the idea of this clan because you get to help other people that are in need of food, ammo, Medical supplies, etc... I really want to be with a group that is friendly and not greedy. And i am tired of asking people for help and getting shot.

Edited by xEpiCxPenguin

I am helping, by reporting a server in violation of TOS.. Hackers and bugs are on that list too.

No, you're just being unnecessarily annoying. Aside from that, you're flat out wrong. Taking down a server occasionally is not against the ToS, locking the server is. They're two completely different things.

Edited by A Classy Emu

Giving yourself a huge advantage is never wrong.. right?

how does it give them an advantage? They aren't able to go around looting anything while the server is down...anyone that plays on the server and has camps on the server is at the same advantage as the hosts themselves. Locking the server gives the host advantages in the fact that they can go around looting everything without any consequences. Bringing the server down prevents hackers from destroying everyones crap not just the hosts. Don't be a whiny bandit cuz you can't get free loots from one server because they decide to take the server offline. While the server is up bandits constantly raid their camp. Their camp is on high alert or lockdown most of the day while its online because of bandits. They don't rollback the server just because bandits raid their stuff. They don't shut the server down and restart when they get shot at. They shut the server down when server numbers are low and no admins are online. That means that GMS personell that aren't admins could be online when the server gets shut down. No admins means that hackers can come in and teleport everyone to the stupid thunderdome and no one could fix it.

Giving yourself a huge advantage is never wrong.. right?

I'm not going to bother arguing with you in this thread since we eviscerated your argument in your other thread. Keep trying though!

You've Eviscerated nothing. You have no power to determine right from wrong. You are not a judge just an opinion. I however, provided an argument backed by information from DayZ staff and Rocket himself.. go watch some interviews with Rocket. I've done my research and I'll provide more if the argument is denied, I will appeal, and appeal till this violation is either corrected or blacklisted.

RL Information

Name: Jazz

Timezone: CDT UTC -5

Game Information

IGN: Jazz

Steam ID (if applicable:( darth_jazz (Blue Balls)

Desired group role (Medic, sniper, spotter, etc:( Medic or Scout

Why you would like to join? What interested you about us? (min. 4 sentences:( I usually play with my cousin but he has lost interest where I can not seem to stop playing this game when I have time! I love working with people and having a good time. I'm married with two children so my play time can vary but I am online more than three times a week for sure!

What skills / perks can you offer to [GMS]?: Well I've been playing DayZ for about a month so I got a pretty good hang of things. I am prior U.S. military (Army) so I might be able to bring something further to the table.

Yeah, that's what i figured haha! People logging in behind you and just camping. So cheap!!!

Surely they've taken some countermeasures to ghosting, look at how many members they're getting O_o

IRL Information

Name: Sven M.

Timezone: GMT+2

Do you meet ALL the requirements? If not, which ones are you missing and why?: As far as I can tell I fulfill all the requirements. It might be I am slightly hampered due to the fact English is not my first language.

Game Information

IGN: ZuluActual

Steam ID (if applicable): ibnsina@gmx.net

Desired group role (Medic, sniper, spotter, etc): How can I help best?

Why you would like to join? What interested you about us? (min. 4 sentences): I am really into the whole concept that DayZ brought forward and I also quickly came to the realization that being able to survive directly relates to having someone to rely on. I would very much like to roam and explore Chernarus along with you guys. Because in addition to teaming up it would be nice to have some sort of structure or organization to do all those things in an ordered fashion.

What skills / perks can you offer to [GMS]?: Well I would probably fare well as a translator between English and German and vice versa if need be. Apart from that I am very patient and disciplined when it comes to carrying out orders but do know how to think for myself where required. I have a very good understanding of how to use the map, compass and gps in conjunction - some ppl seem to struggle with that... ;) -. Solid understanding of adjusting for bullet-drop, application of the the mil-dot sight on certain sniper-rifles as well the the leaf sight of the M16A2 M203. Obviously the DayZ game mechanics are no secret to me either.

I am sure there is more but I can't think of anything else at this point.

Thanks for considering my application.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon!

Shutting down a server is not against the ToS.

There is no rule that states there is a minimum up time required so your argument is invalid and since "locking" and "shutting down" are two completely different things I am sure admins will agree with me.

Edited by Kyrator

You've Eviscerated nothing. You have no power to determine right from wrong. You are not a judge just an opinion. I however, provided an argument backed by information from DayZ staff and Rocket himself.. go watch some interviews with Rocket. I've done my research and I'll provide more if the argument is denied, I will appeal, and appeal till this violation is either corrected or blacklisted.

Now your tactic is denial? I'm a judge in the sense that I've read the ToS and know what's allowed and what's illegal. And I can tell you the the terms of service do not mention shutting servers down whatsoever. Your just claiming it does which ironically means you're doing exactly what you are saying I'm not allowed to. Clearly you haven't done enough research as nothing you say has any basis in reality. That being said I feel sorry for you. I couldn't imagine being able to be so stressed out over a menial thing such as a single server in a video game. Most people would move on to a different one if they found it not to their taste, but you on the other hand have a misplaced sense of vengeance. My advice: Chill out and move on. Getting so worked up over things like this will beget you a heart attack before your 50.

We lock down the server not to protect our loot. Most members are perfectly willing to stay on and protect the camp. The problem is that the admins of the server usually get off and go to bed at the same time. If we leave the server on while they're gone and hackers come in than the server is fucked. I've been here for a short while but we've already gotten a few hacker attempts and they were stopped because admins were on to shut the server down. If it's left on in the night and hackers come in and terrorize it than there is not much that can be done.

We don't lock to protect our loot. Hell, we enjoy legitimate raids on our camp. If we were that die hard to protect our loot than we would just insta-kill bandits. Which we don't.

• Like 2

So you are saying everyone else who has a server can turn it off because of hackers and there is no admins around to deal with them??

You do know shutting down a server is just the same as locking it. yes hackers are annoying but there is not much you can do about it when a admin is not online.

Stop being care bears and worrying about someone fucking up your stuff. it is part of dayz to have someone come on your server when your not around and steal your gear.

• Like 2