BIOSEMTEX

Bohemia and Dayz Devs fail to protect their community

Greetings fellow survivors, bandits, Bohemia, Rocket and Devs.

It is time to point out to everyone involved with this great Mod, that unless something is done to protect the gaming experience we have all come to love, DayZ will die a horrible death, torn apart by mindless zombies. Even though the game is still in Alpha, and that bugs and exploits are an everyday hinderance to our survival, we have the right to ask for and expect protection against the latest wave of Hack tools available. Every night for the last 3 nights we have been subjected to multiple fun destroying Hacker attacks. Unless something is done, it will get much worse.

Recently, a DayZ wannabe has reared its head, and will most certainly wage 'The War Z' against our favourite game.

To Bohemia:- Arma is a great game but it has always been full of bugs. Rocket is an asset to your company, dont let him be swept away before he has a chance to truly blast off into the stratosphere of Legendary concept designers. For DayZ's sake, and for that of your future income, try not to think of the money you have made from this already, as any form of success, until you have provided him with the resources he needs to make this game truly great, and TOTALLY finished.

To Rocket:- What you have started here is absolutely fantastic! But! Please finish the mission you have embarked upon. If Bohemia wont give you what you need then find someone who will. The state that DayZ is currently in, you will lose your player base to 'The War Z', without a doubt. And I am sure it will never be as good a game as DayZ has already been, before it became this popular, and attracted all these Hacks.

To the people who love DayZ:- Show your support! But also show your anger! Let Bohemia know that if they dont fix these security issues WE WILL NOT BUY ARMA 3 OR ANY DAYZ STAND ALONE YOU HOPE TO CASH IN ON IN THE FUTURE.

This is a warning from someone who loves this game and wants to see a thriving DayZ community.

PROTECT US AND WE WILL BE LOYAL TO YOU.

• Like 27

Maybe you should just nut up or shut up. Nobody says you have to play this mod.

Rocket will deal with the hackers whenever he decides it's a priority. I'm pretty sure he's aware that any attempt to release a finished product with poor cheat protection is foolish. Spoiler alert: It's still an alpha.

• Like 1

I'll buy ARMA 3, just like ARMA 1 and 2.

Haven't bought any because of DayZ, bought them because I enjoy ARMA and the Co-op tactical engagements with friends, on a locked server with no hackers or script kiddies.

Incredible variety of Mods and hardcore upgrades, wide variety of maps and user made missions......

• Like 4

Do some reading dude, the Arma 2 engine wasn`t build to stop cheaters at all. We need a new engine. Rocket already said he is pushing the limit in terms of DayZ anti-cheats stuff he can build in.

This shit needs to stop lol :

Edited by MilkyWay
  • Like 4

Lol, most everyone will buy the standalone DayZ, few will buy Arma 3. Most all of us bought Arma 2 solely to play Day Z. You speak like Rocket has been slacking, he's doing everything he can to push DayZ, it's not a simple project, it takes time. WarZ is going to flop, it is a carbon copy DayZ for carebears.

On the hacking note though, it is getting much worse. Until 4 days ago I'd never seen a hacker in the month I've been playing. Now I've seen 4 hackers and died by 2 of them. This has been a huge set back to me and the friends I had with me. I still love DayZ though and I'm still having fun, I just miss having everything I could ever want :) Our clan likes war against other clans, but we can't until we gear back up. On the up side, it is fun to play this game at any lvl. More annoyed with Losing my zombie/player kills/days alive. Wish we had an an account wide monitor of all that info.

Well, one thing is certain, the hackers are slowly killing off the fanbase. We've lost countless people who said they won't be coming back to the mod unless something is done about hacking. There's really no point to playing if after hours of playing, you and the rest of the server get teleported to one location on the map and end up dying. Even worse when it happens three times in one day.

• Like 1

If you were loyal in the first place you would stand by them regardless.

With them working on all the issues and already pushing the boundaries of what is capable on the engine you should appreciate what they need to do.

This post achieves nothing. I am sure they want to do everything you ask for, but sadly that is all added on to the 'to-do' pile.

Thank you for actively expressing yourself for your first post but in reality please just read what others have written already and see the responses from the team.

Yes, loyalty is one thing, but what is the point of standing by a mod that is basically rendered unplayable due to hackers?

I really appreciate what Rocket is doing for us, free of charge, but the point is that their hands are tied and it sucks playing for hours just to have your progress ruined by a hacker.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

I recently bought arma just to play dayz. I brought in 3 other friends who did the same, and hope to bring in a 4th. DayZ is one of the coolest games I've ever seen, despite all of it's minor bugs, which all in all do not diminish the game experience.

However, the hack situation is completely unacceptable. i.e. unplayable. Sad to see such a masterpiece ruined.

• Like 1

I recently bought arma just to play dayz. I brought in 3 other friends who did the same, and hope to bring in a 4th. DayZ is one of the coolest games I've ever seen, despite all of it's minor bugs, which all in all do not diminish the game experience.

However, the hack situation is completely unacceptable. i.e. unplayable. Sad to see such a masterpiece ruined.

Same, but we still have loads of fun playing together, this won`t stop us from making fun. And to be honest, i like dying and at the moment i don`t even care how :)

• Like 1

The state that DayZ is currently in, you will lose your player base to 'The War Z', without a doubt.

That's funny, because I'm pretty sure that its existence is thus far limited to a press release with some screenshots.

BRB leaving DayZ to play a press release.

• Like 5

I'll buy ARMA 3, just like ARMA 1 and 2.

Haven't bought any because of DayZ, bought them because I enjoy ARMA and the Co-op tactical engagements with friends, on a locked server with no hackers or script kiddies.

Incredible variety of Mods and hardcore upgrades, wide variety of maps and user made missions......

Yeah, I'll buy ARMA 3 regardless whether it's the platform for DayZ in the future, because I have loved ARMA in the past, warts and all.

However, I do think that the OP has a point - If the ARMA engine is so susceptible to these hackers, maybe it's not the right platform for a persistant world setup. I was pretty deflated a couple of days ago when the server I was on with a friend was dropped - all 25 players just died instantly. I kind of sighed and prepared to start over, but it was really disappointing, and wasn't the first time I'd lost a character to someone who gets their laughs out of griefing others.

Hacks for ARMA have been around for years - have been nuked, run into invulnerable players yadda yadda, but I was on a server where they policed the players pretty well, and when a hacker managed to do this, he was usually IP blocked. That's not happening with DayZ.

I try not to get oo attached to my stuff - but if you are building a persistent environment there has to be better protection for the player avatars.

• Like 1

It is incredibly sad that people come here on the DayZ forums to make these threads in regards to cheaters, it is even more sad that they are made to address Bohemia and Rocket/DayZ. When none of these are in charge of actually preventing cheating(which can never be prevented) furthermore, it is even more saddening to see the OP use WarZ as an example of what DayZ will lose players to, when all War Z is at this current point in time, is a press release and 4 screenshots.

This forum section is to post sufficient proof of cheating so they can recieve a Day Z database level ban, NOT A BATTLEYE BAN. This is much like PB streaming is. Its a 3rd party "assistence" system.

Take this thread, whip it up a little, and go to Battleye which are the company contracted to support anti-cheat software to ArmA. You are wasting your time here.

• Like 2

becase its true whats gong on with cheaters... its only gotten way way worse it hasint gotten any better at all and at this point of where its at its unplayable. pretty soon ull be playing in any server i mean any us server and all it take is a couple hours not even of clean gameplay to run into a server nuke or mass teleportation or mass breakage of legs and deleting gear. its completely unplayable at this point. at least unplayable for legit players.

Edited by eternalFive
  • Like 1

well ull be lucky if u even get a couple hours in with no hacker confrontations....

Wow OP, you couldn't get more ignorant could you.

Bohemia Interactive have never cared about money, they made a military simulator for a very niche audience.

Everyone is going to buy Arma 3, everyone is going to continue playing Day Z.

Stop blaming BI for something that they never would of anticipated. Do you really think they thought they'd have enough people that play Day Z now, playing Arma 2 when it came out, no.

How are they cashing in? Sigh.

In closing, shut the fuck up about issues that you clearly have no understanding over.

• Like 2

I appreciate the seniment of the message, and the passion behind it wanting a good game to come out of this.

That said, walk a mile in a man's shoes before you condem him.

Think for a minute, get some perspective. Three months ago... nothing here existed at all. Nothing. Not for BIS, and not for DayZ. Literally every part of the project has grown up in three months. ARMA2 is being used in ways not at all intended, and issues are being faced that could never have even been conceived.

Think of the project as an "accidental" MMO of sorts.

It is going to take time to fix these issues, and security issues in particular are not transparent. DayZ, BIS, and BattlEye do not comment on the security issues for reasons which I really hope are bloody obvious. That means things often happen completely unannounced, and work is done all the time, there will be no big fanfare for dealing with the security issues just constant work and change.

• Like 30

I'm pretty sure that cheating wasn't the highest priority of Bohemia when making ARMA 2, so I would expect exploits and hacking to occur, and I applaud Rocket for using such an engine for this amazing mod and accomplishing so much in so little time with an amazing, yet tempermental gaming engine. I have faith in him and I will continue goofing off on servers, hackers or no.

Also, I wonder if Bohemia would be willing to beta test their engine for ARMA 3 with DayZ. Pretty sure they are buckling down on that piece of tech with the increased popularity.

"We need a new engine"

etc

all of you entitled spunknuts shut the fuck up and gtfo

you cant make another engine like arma, what it is is what it is and threads like this are so full of shit

ok cheaters ruining games wow. shut the fuck up already, nobody is going to serve you a better engine than arma which is cheat proof for breakfast

• Like 1

The op makes a good point, it is an alpha but the hacks need to be fixed none the less, there's nothing wrong with voicing concerns about the issue and making sure it's brought up since it is an issue, and should as far as issues go the hacking should be a top priority

• Like 2

"We need a new engine"

etc

all of you entitled spunknuts shut the fuck up and gtfo

you cant make another engine like arma, what it is is what it is and threads like this are so full of shit

ok cheaters ruining games wow. shut the fuck up already, nobody is going to serve you a better engine than arma which is cheat proof for breakfast

Some people can only see what is put right in front of their faces. People don't appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes.

I appreciate the seniment of the message, and the passion behind it wanting a good game to come out of this.

That said, walk a mile in a man's shoes before you condem him.

Think for a minute, get some perspective. Three months ago... nothing here existed at all. Nothing. Not for BIS, and not for DayZ. Literally every part of the project has grown up in three months. ARMA2 is being used in ways not at all intended, and issues are being faced that could never have even been conceived.

Think of the project as an "accidental" MMO of sorts.

It is going to take time to fix these issues, and security issues in particular are not transparent. DayZ, BIS, and BattlEye do not comment on the security issues for reasons which I really hope are bloody obvious. That means things often happen completely unannounced, and work is done all the time, there will be no big fanfare for dealing with the security issues just constant work and change.

its going to take time to fix the issues yes, but its an issue that needs to be fixed asap and to show at least some work is in progress when u cant play for an hour straight and if u do u consider yourself lucky without getting mass teleported or mass killed. plain and simple, i think the dev team beats around the bush too much and fails to notice the reality of the situation as im stating. it seems little is being done here.

Edited by eternalFive
  • Like 1