rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

09:00 - Refresh browser - no patch

09:05 - Refresh browser - no patch

09:10 - Refresh browser - no patch (God Damn it !!!)

The pattern continues

12:45 - Refresh browser - no patch

12:50 - Refresh browser - no patch

12:55 - Refresh browser - no patch (Jesus f**king christ, where is this god damn patch)

13:00 - Go watch Red arrows fly over Belfast (That was a waste of time, i could have missed the patch, run back to office)

The pattern continues

13:45 - Refresh browser - no patch

13:50 - Refresh browser - no patch

13:55 - Refresh browser - no patch

14:00 - Refresh browser - no patch (Typing this pointless post, then going to make coffee)

I am bored, away to make coffee

Love this MOD guys. Waiting for patch if you don't realize that already

• Like 2

Sweet, so is the update out already or?

Yesterday my buddies and me found 3 vehicles and a helicopter would be epic now :D

i really hope unlimited ammo will be fixed soon, im tired of people spray 'n praying with guns like FN FALs and SD M4s

Sweet, so is the update out already or?

Yesterday my buddies and me found 3 vehicles and a helicopter would be epic now :D

READ READ READ READ THE LAST HOLY CRAP PAGES BEFORE YOU POST >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

WHERE IS MY EPIC SWORD

(:::::::::::::::::::::][=================================>

Edited by snajdan

This thread grew so large, I think there may be more people posting here than playing the game.

• Like 1

Surely you dont want to be killed by a guy just randomly spawning close getting a easy kill and your maybe being very cautiously..(on purpose or not)

to my experience you are the one to get killed when you spawn rather than being killed by spawning people.. I made the mistake to log off in a loot building once. when I logged in another time, when my ingame screen was appearing another player was already hacking me to death! so he must have seen me before I've seen the world. so much for the "advantage" of spawning somewhere near players ;)

well, if this login timer actually works the way that other players allready can see and shoot you while you are not able to do anything yet, that would prevent ghosting an make server hopping way more dangerous, but alt+f4ing would be still the best tactic if under attack by zombies or players

Anyone got any ideas when the patch is being released? I can't wait to get my hands on a ghillie again, but I certainly don't mind waiting for Rocket to tweak it and remove any glitches :D

Tonight

well, if this login timer actually works the way that other players allready can see and shoot you while you are not able to do anything yet, that would prevent ghosting an make server hopping way more dangerous, but alt+f4ing would be still the best tactic if under attack by zombies or players

But still, you can kill a player in 5 seconds can't you?

So, It's now Thursday July 26........ how can this be released on tuesday? Did rocket invent time travel?

Rocket seems to have discovered Valve time.

If the damage values get changed back to where they were, sure.

never actually saw the 5 seconds timer work, also jumping into cover and clicking abort then 5 sec till complete safety is still way too easy if the 5sec timer WOULD work

i always just see people instantly disappearing when they hear a shot next to them, not taking 5 seconds to logg out, if you can prove otherwise, show me

alt+f4ing is one of the most annoying things in the game, along with unlimited ammo and ghosting

• Like 1

When was the glock17

never actually saw the 5 seconds timer work, also jumping into cover and clicking abort then 5 sec till complete safety is still way too easy if the 5sec timer WOULD work

i always just see people instantly disappearing when they hear a shot next to them, not taking 5 seconds to logg out, if you can prove otherwise, show me

alt+f4ing is one of the most annoying things in the game, along with unlimited ammo and ghosting

You wouldn't have seen the 5 second timer work as it hasn't been used yet. So of course people drop out instantly, the 5 second count down mechs are in patch 1.7.2.4, previous version have never had this timer.

No wonder you haven't noticed any difference. :P

Edited by Turk

The patch hasn't been released yet. The 5 sec timer is therefore not implemented yet.

I agree that 5 secs is too short considering that most firefights are fairly long range and behind cover. If someone disconnects behind cover, those 5 secs aren't gonna help me run 100 meters to go kill him.

i highly doubt the patch will be today or during the weekend, since they don't work weekends and if it goes live now and its completely broken then we have to play an entire weekend like it (learning from other patches/hot fixes that have been released over the weekend). so i expect to see it on Monday definitely

The patch hasn't been released yet. The 5 sec timer is therefore not implemented yet.

I agree that 5 secs is too short considering that most firefights are fairly long range and behind cover. If someone disconnects behind cover, those 5 secs aren't gonna help me run 100 meters to go kill him.

But, it may start making the difference a number of times. So many times, it may discourage battle dcing and curb its use to only the truly dedicated dcers.

rocket said that he will release the update on Wednesday, Thursday or Monday.. no update on Friday/weekend (link) nevermind, patch is out

also the 5 seconds timer is for testing.. I'm pretty sure that he will increase the time if the method proves to be working fine

Edited by moriak

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

When was the glock17

You wouldn't have seen the 5 second timer work as it hasn't been used yet. So of course people drop out instantly, the 5 second count down mechs are in patch 1.7.2.4, previous version have never had this timer.

No wonder you haven't noticed any difference. :P

no 5 seconds timer as far as i can see here...

Edited by Zombo

rocket said that he will release the update on Wednesday, Thursday or Monday.. no update on Friday/weekend (link)

also the 5 seconds timer is for testing.. I'm pretty sure that he will increase the time if the method proves to be working fine

Ye well he was trolling us before, im sure is again now xD

Still hoping for patching today

[...]

You realize a big part of this discussion has been about minimizing server hopping right? Sure it can "help" but it would hurt more than it would help, and if server hopping was minimized WITHOUT removing tents this wouldn't be a big problem (if it even is one I personally don't think so).

You really got a point here. I have to admit you may be right here.

Still I think that tents unbalance the game (or have potential to), as they are often used by groups or clans (which overpowered by nature as I said) for the purpose to hide items away from others. This just does not look right to me. On the other hand... the world is not a world of balance and justice. So... if some clans have their tents... I think it should be ok in Dayz.

Is it possible to be apart of the testing on the server SE 3? just like you did with 1.7.2.1(experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch)?

I want my vehicels :(

I feel i should make this clear for everyone who doesnt get it. The whole patch with be out the 24th thing was a joke.... people were complaining and he just did that to be funny.

He has also said the patch will Not come out on a Friday... it was to be wednesday thursday or monday. This will make it so we dont have a shitty weekend of bugs and inventory wipes and ect.

It is in closed testing and the way i see it, if it comes out on Monday then great! less problems to be had