rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

lmao @ the update date going back 1 day, I can wait 1 or 2 more weeks if it means the Dev team get to double/triple check on their update fixes/additions if it means we're going to not have to wait for hotfixes!

im glad you guys are working so hard on this mod, im glad i can have something to complain about, too!

best dev team ever

I have a question about the login/logout tracker/timer.

Often when I first start playing I server hop to find a daylight server.

Although many servers put [GMT xxx] in their name I find it usually innaccurate and myself staring at a black screen.

(aka "night time with a full moon and clear sky" but I digress )

If I try and log into a populated server (usually a good indication of daylight) I find they are often already full , or full by the time I try to log onto it.

This leaves me hopping the "semi-full" servers looking for one where I can actually see...

Would this new system also frown upon this type of behaviour ?

[MM]

P.S. Yes , the "best" solution would be for servers to name their game world times correctly - but I'm assuming that's out of your control.

Edited by Mad Martha
  • Like 1

He doesn't mean this month does he? Because it's already a day or two past those release dates.

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

u are so funny ... NOT

He doesn't mean this month does he? Because it's already a day or two past those release dates.

In the year 2525

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that quick Alt+F4 is currently your only saviour from some hackers, like when everyone on the server starts dying or you get teleported somewhere.

If you are left in game for 5 seconds after logging from such an event, you'll probably be killed.

I don't know what to do about it, but I think it is important enough a fact to think about.

The Patch will be released today before 11:59pm GMT. Mark my words.

Edited by hallgraeme

Although many servers put [GMT xxx] in their name I find it usually innaccurate and myself staring at a black screen.

If I try and log into a populated server (usually a good indication of daylight) I find they are often already full , or full by the time I try to log onto it.

This leaves me hopping the "semi-full" servers looking for one where I can actually see...

[MM]

P.S. Yes , the "best" solution would be for servers to name their game world times correctly - but I'm assuming that's out of your control.

Use DayZ commander to launch the game. You can filter by day only servers, and it also shows the current time the server is running.

• Like 1

[MM]

Use DayZ commander to find day time servers. It isn't usually accurate but it works.

I am constantly seeing comments regarding the ALT+F4 problem. The way I see it, there is a simple way to fix it. I'm not sure how other MMO's do this but Eve-Online gets round this with an "Aggression Timer". When you are being aggressed by the NPC's, you can log out but if a player takes a shot at you, you either sit there if scrambled or you get off-grid and sit there for the 15 minute aggression timer giving players time to scan out your location and kill you.

I would suggest DayZ goes along the same principal. If a player fires a weapon in your vicinity and you ALT+F4 or abort, you should either sit in that EXACT same spot for 30 seconds or your character disappears but sits in a Zed-free area for roughly 15 minutes within say 0.5 km from your log-off spot. If the ALT+F4'er logs back in, He goes back to the original place he logged out at making it easy for you to keep a guy there watching while you scout out his log-off location.

• Like 1

and? he is the dev. he have to say something or he will lose the community. i am thinking to stop playing dayz case of this terrible communication. I feel like nothing here. I can report Hackers how much i want and they will not get a ban. He put suits out of the loottable and dont say anything. He dont say "oh we need more time". Its not a problem if he say it but he dont care!

EDIT: and he dont ask like: "oh do u think its a good idea to disable the suicide button?" ... he just do it and dont care. he is not a good dev!

yur face is not a good face.
  • Like 1

Should be able to respawn as long as you have a gun.

Now that's the way to handle it. No new spawns have guns, so new spawns can't respawn. Problem solved, you are a genius.

Is the l85A thermal gun still bugged or is it just my server that i play on?

Everytime i pick it up , when i log out or crash out it disappears back to where i picked it up from.

Target date:

Shit, my time machne is broken, not gonna make it :(

wait...

Edited by ArrThePirate
  • Like 1

Target date:

Can I borrow your Delorean some time?

I like the update. So when the update comes out and a sniper hits me I can go to a safe place to dc because of the 5 sec delay?

Can't wait for this, keep up the good work Mr. Rocket.

Average life expectancy is still rising, this has to be fixed NAO!

It's no longer surprising to me how scared other devs are at changing things/breaking the mould...the amount of whiners that surface when Rocket simply wants to test a new idea is unbelievable.

The latest changes sound good. Being able to respawn with a fracture I guess is ok, still I would have left it full hardcore.....It can always be changed later if it doent work out...Plus how can you know how anything will be if it gets shot down and compromised before it even gets a chance to see daylight....?

You whiners need to listen to some of Rocket's Interviews to get your head straight on how this test for a future game works.

• Like 10

It's no longer surprising to me how scared other devs are at changing things/breaking the mould...the amount of whiners that surface when Rocket simply wants to test a new idea is unbelievable.

The latest changes sound good. Being able to respawn with a fracture I guess is ok, still I would have left it full hardcore.....It can always be changed later if it doent work out...Plus how can you know how anything will be if it gets shot down and compromised before it even gets a chance to see daylight....?

You whiners need to listen to some of Rocket's Interviews to get your head straight on how this test for a future game works.

I fucking support this ^^

Agile Development. Like it. Whens the next standup and can i be the scrum master?

Edited by hallgraeme
  • Like 2