rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Never even used a tent, but glad to see they should hopefully be fixed, as I can see them being very useful :)

As for the respawn button for fractures, I doubt it will stop people from respawning to get a better spawn location. As it has been said before, it can be incredibly easy to break your legs by simply jumping off a building / getting stuck in doorways, so I think a timer of 10-15 minutes to use the respawn button after your initial spawn would be more of a deterrent for those who try to get better spawn locations etc.

Once again..This change that will be made will reduce the load on the Hive meaning better loading times and performance for all. How effective it will be we will only know after the patch is released and tested.

And thats okay. Its also okay to run into a town and get killed by zombies. The idea is, it reduces constant respawns drastically which in turn increases performance. You cant ever eliminate respawns, which wasnt really the point either, the point was to reduce it. Its easier to find 2 zombies and wait until you get killed, then it is to find a building thats a story high.

I see your point, it'll reduce it. I think this will be too easy to circumvent that's all. I'd rather see people only being allowed 1 respawn a day. That's just me though.

I see your point, it'll reduce it. I think this will be too easy to circumvent that's all. I'd rather see people only being allowed 1 respawn a day. That's just me though.

So if i die 2 times a day, im not allowed to play for the rest of that day?

What's happening? I cant join any server bad version º_º

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

Man... I love you now!

@Bigoso:

Official Arma 1.62 patch is out.

Edited by ToasterDiagramm

disabling the respawn button is going to make groups harder and is not going to help to join friends anymore if they are far to be togheter. i already have a bunch of people that didnt like that change.

i see your point for doing this rocket, but this is a slap on the face of people that like to play togheter and dont want to waste 20/30m to reach someone

I mean, you can only use the respawn button once a day unless you're at the you are dead screen.

I think the respawn-button is really good now!

If someone want to spawn at another position, he just runs into zombies or jumps somewhere down, but it takes a few minutes, so it doesn´t make fun, and after the third spawn in kamenka, maybe he starts realizing that there is no fast way for him to reach cherno.

What I want to say is: there are always possibilites to restart, but now it takes a lot more time and most of the players won´t try to respawn now because of a "bad" spawning-position, just because it takes more time to restart three (or more) times in a row than just running down the coast to his favorite spawn-positon.

Are we really allowing people to respawn after breaking a leg? What a joke! I have crawled 5km to get morphine mroe than once. Suck it up. Breaking legs, going thirsty/hungry is part of the game. Why allow teleporting? Oh, I know! How about we can use time travel so we never have to lose anything. Crappy to say the least. Not trying to hate, I just like MORE realism and not less.

• Like 1

I think you are misunderstanding "respawn".

In game, hit escape. On the menu there is an option you can select called "Respawn" that instantly kills your character. People use this option repeatedly to find a spawn location they prefer (i.e. "I spawned in Kamenka but I want to spawn at Cherno for loot convenience" or "I spawned at Solnichny but my body is at Elektro and I want to spawn back there to get all my stuff again). This is what is being talked about. Not deaths.

• Like 1

EDIT: Sorry, i haven't noticed a post about hotfix-discussion only.

Edited by bahhh

disabling the respawn button is going to make groups harder and is not going to help to join friends anymore if they are far to be togheter. i already have a bunch of people that didnt like that change.

i see your point for doing this rocket, but this is a slap on the face of people that like to play togheter and dont want to waste 20/30m to reach someone

It's part of the experience that is dayz and imo would be worse if people can just spawn in a group right away

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

if the tents are fixed... i love you! :*

keep the good work my friend!

Are we really allowing people to respawn after breaking a leg? What a joke! I have crawled 5km to get morphine mroe than once. Suck it up. Breaking legs, going thirsty/hungry is part of the game. Why allow teleporting? Oh, I know! How about we can use time travel so we never have to lose anything. Crappy to say the least. Not trying to hate, I just like MORE realism and not less.

You realize that re-spawning means suicide right? So you lose all your items. It has been possible to suicide / re-spawn at any time before, now you can ONLY re-spawn when you have a fracture.

I think you are misunderstanding "respawn".

In game, hit escape. On the menu there is an option you can select called "Respawn" that instantly kills your character. People use this option repeatedly to find a spawn location they prefer (i.e. "I spawned in Kamenka but I want to spawn at Cherno for loot convenience" or "I spawned at Solnichny but my body is at Elektro and I want to spawn back there to get all my stuff again). This is what is being talked about. Not deaths.

I am fully aware, the only reason i said what i said was for the fact that getting a fracture as a new spawn, takes longer then just getting killed by a zombie. Disallowing respawn because you can respawn when you have a fracture, seems senseless to me, when you can just kill yourself instead. Its even quicker.

Indeed. I think this is a case of Rocket falling into the spam of "I want more convenience". Buck up, Rocket.

I absolutely can consider this implementation an alternative to suicide only because of the limits of actually implementing suicide options (though as has been said it really IS NOT that hard to either let infected kill you or jump off a building. Even lost in the wilderness, it is NOT difficult to find a not far location where infected are. Less than 10 minutes, even crawling) Suicide IS an option should you be lost in the wilderness with a broken limb... for those that don't actually want to LIVE.

I just don't like it. Going to take me a bit to get unmiffed about it.

Man... I love you now!

@Bigoso:

Official Arma 1.62 patch is out.

I can't update my six launcher

what da fuq ... whats about the dialog? i missclicked 2 times and died instant case of this retarded button. plz fix this first and stop do things like that. FIX the MAIN PROBLEMS!

Are we really allowing people to respawn after breaking a leg? What a joke! I have crawled 5km to get morphine mroe than once.

Get a life

• Like 3

[NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

This is soooo not hardcore feature! And useless - if you to weak to survive with fracture you always may ask some help from zombies! :-D

P.S. Once i and my frend crept about 5 hours before we find some morphine. That was really great survive experience!

• Like 4

Should be able to respawn as long as you have a gun.

• Like 1

This is soooo not hardcore feature! And useless - if you to weak to survive with fracture you always may ask some help from zombies! :-D

P.S. Once i and my frend crept about 5 hours before we find some morphine. That was really great survive experience!

You can currently respawn while you have a broken leg in 1.7.2.3 so what's the difference, with this change you can still have your 5 hour crawl experiences.

It's just giving you the option to respawn with a broken leg, you don't have to.

• Like 1

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

Thank god for WarZ announcement.

Lol good luck with that, so i guess you`re done with this game eh? GTFO

Should be able to respawn as long as you have a gun.

Rocket did say he might add a suicide option with a firearm. He wanted to check if this could cause problems with ratings etc. before he added it.