rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

This system is probably must more simple. Your "simple" suggestion would require much more coding than logging of alt f4

He said there will be a 5 seconds timer already (here). Setting this timer to 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds wouldn't require much coding... and it would solve entirely the problem (can't logout to avoid death anymore!)

Edited by Kiro
  • Like 2

Should force people to sit down for 5 seconds before they can log out.

• Like 1

Now we just need to get some fixes from hackers and then we will be heading in the right direction. Alt+f4'ers aren't an issue when I am being killed for no reason.

• Like 1

@Rocket, I'll keep this short

Some people "alt f4" defensively to combat hackers who use teleport scripts. So hopefully your algorithm doesn't db ban the non hackers more than the hackers.

I do see some merit to living 10 seconds after disconnect however, though hackers would succeed in killing you, people who disconnect when their buddy gets sniped in the head

will realize how much of a mistake they are making. I don't see any reason to ban people for this however, a long ingame time after DC should be good enough.

Also hackers don't give a flying **** about other hackers getting banned, they do it because they like the risk and like killing people who have no way of defending themselves, fulfilling some

internal desire for being a supreme douche. I am friends with the admin of a server and I have died to hackers 5+ times within the past 4 days, each time the admin claimed that there was

absolutely no way he could figure out who did it because there was no PLAYER A was killed by PLAYER B, there was no evidence besides 17 people with golden AK's. THIS MUST be fixed

above everything else or hackers will destroy the game before it even makes beta.

Edited by Tricky-
  • Like 2

Good patch, but sad to see that tents aren't fixed. Which means tents won't save items, just lost all our stuff and tents after server restart... I also like to see autosave and tents/vehicles.

They are gonna fix that, I can't wait

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

Lol. What advantage? That you will not be bored to tears playing by yourself because you can hook up with some friends? Not all of us are loners who can play 5 hours a day.

Surviving long enough to meet up with you friends is part of the challenge created by the core game mechanics. You are trying to circumvent it by re-spawn spamming and in the process generating load on the server/hive. This is not the kind of casual game you jump in to have quick fun with you buddies, it's a brutal survival simulator. There are other games for ppl like you, infact most are like these with "awesome" time-saving feature like teleport spells, and NPCs giving directions and magic quest markers always pointing to the direction you must go, all so you do not lose your precious time doing "boring" stuff, like you know fighting the environment and hostile players so you can meet you friend and increase your survival chance. You have all these games, why trying to ruing one game for the rest of us?

this a joke?

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Did you really need to remove the respawn button? What if i get stuck HUH? good job A+ rocket.

YEAH ROCKET, why you being a n00b huh? More like C- bro!

Now I'm going to stop playing this free game and go do something else, HOW DO LIKE THEM APPLES?

Oh wait.. zzz.

I like the 5 second timer, would prefer at least 10 seconds though.

Disabling the respawn button is cool too. And I would not implement any group spawn at all. When you risk your live and die you are dead and start new. Doesn't matter who you knew "in your previous life". Fresh at the coast - deal with it!

As for a standalone version I would love to see a custom map with a big city that covers about 10% of the world. With (fully enterable) skyscrapers and sewer system and all that.

who cares about the respawn ...... your argument is invalid the mass majority of us know how to navigate ..those that do not will learn ..you attack Rocket comparing him to the second coming and you expect not to be flamed ....we got Rockets back you're just going to have to deal with that .....bros before forum hoes

I don't care whether or not we get to choose our spawn location. To me, it is utterly irrelevant.

What I do care about is people like you who fail to realize that this is an experiment and attack the change without even playing it. If you had just been more objective with your voice I wouldn't have had a problem. However, you instead look at the situation with little perspective and care only about your own selfish desires.

I did not comment on your level of skill, but on the first part of your message. I fail to see the problem, I did exactly what I told ?

Anyway, people don't laugh at you because they think you suck at navigating. People laugh at you because it's obvious you don't realise (yet) where and why DayZ is such an amazing game. And you don't realise too that what you want is the exact oposite of why this game is so unique (and rare, and fragile).

You also have to acknoledge that rocket would rather end it all than change DayZ to a more common mainstream coop gameplay.

You can't enjoy DayZ the way it is / will be ?

I bet someone will note this and acheive a "version" of the game you will enjoy soon enough (WarZ, whatever is to come next).

why are you guys crucifying this dude?

he raised a valid point, and was always pretty rational in his arguments, its true navigating and finding people to team up with is fun and part of the game, but for example if I'm going to meet some friends on the coast or whatever and we are all spawning in for some reason it sucks to have to spend an hour to meet up, the problem is when people have jobs and attention seeking girlfriends and shit they can't play for 3 or 4 hours, 3-4 hour sessions can be the most fun because you actually get something done but when you only have an hour its a bit frustrating, especially as the scale of the game means you meet up and and then have no time left to do anything else

i don't think ryeezy was saying RESPAWN IS BEST, he was just putting forward a valid argument that a better system could exist, if you would till like to be hardcore (or whatever) and spawn randomly that option would still exist so whats the problem for you? its less immersion breaking then running along the beach finding 100 corpses with starting gear on them, and yeah people would travel in groups n the z apocalypse so ti seems to make sense

cheers

Shago

• Like 1

Are you going to fix the hacking issue? It's pretty much unplayable at the moment. Get rid of that battleye shit and use something better.

• Like 1

Give it a rest with the QQing involving no respawn. If you only have a few hours to play, make the most of it, and do what you can. You wanting to spawn right next to your BFF is not a valid reason for keeping the respawn system. It is abused constantly...

What would really interest me is the status of the new website features and layout rocket showed at rezzed. Is there some ETA when it will be finished? Looks really cool!

May slip as I can already see some changes I need to make, based on some good feedback here.

This quote is refreshing. I don't agree with some of your systems, but you're well aware of your faults and are open to discussion and changes on the fly. It's also nice that you actually explain what's going to be implemented, even if it's a background data collection.

Keeping your userbase informed and at least listening to what they have to say (not necessarily sheeping along with the opinions of the loudest, but at least taking in different opinions) is pretty wise.

Edited by itputsthelotion

Give it a rest with the QQing involving no respawn. If you only have a few hours to play, make the most of it, and do what you can. You wanting to spawn right next to your BFF is not a valid reason for keeping the respawn system. It is abused constantly...

True, however as long as you are able to walk to the nearest Z and let them beat you to death, then spawn to another place ... Dev's are wasting time and doing yet again some useless tweaks. I'm surprised that they are even considering these really minor things at this point, when there are many major game-breaking issues to solve. -.-

Edited by Gʀʌʏ Fох
  • Like 2

I spent 30 minutes one time trying to load into servers trying to find one that is in veteran mode, no 3rd person, and one that my PC could run stable. with the new authentication. I am going to have a lot of timeouts, especially when trying to find a server for my buddies to join in. I need a better PC :( once zombies hit over 400 my FPS has dropped to 9. Life sucks! : \ and i am broke

• Like 1

Really? Have you even read any of the posts? It is one of the *FIXED* Clothes are coming back in the changelog

I'd love to know of some of the un-confirmed things you're working on that are not in the confirmed notes.

Would be cool to know what's on your immediate agenda and all that. Get an idea of what's under the hood!

Why you don't do this

Alt-F4 = suicide. Problem solved.

or is it harder to make then this ??

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

First step is to record.

Second step is to test those results against algorithms that I have been developing.

Third step is to write new (better) algorithms when I realize the first ones I made are crap.

Login is only recorded when your client broadcasts a "success" message to the central server.

Logout is only recorded when you use the "Abort" menu item.

On a server crash - you will have no "logout" so your login will be ignored.

On ALT-F4 - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation.

On a client crash - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation (over a period of time). You can use RPT files to ask for a manual review.

I am experimenting with adding back the 5 second "alive in world" mechanic that we had before. This should also be there, in addition to the tracking of login/logout.

This is much better option to ban.