rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

People keep complaining about the alt-f4 problem. How would you or the dev's ever be able to really measure it out completely? Do you want to ban everyone who disconnects from the game, combat situation or not? no! Do you want to ban everybody who looses connection on servers? no! There is no real way of dealing with it i guess, only if there is a way to put a spawn and disconnect timer, e-basta!

Loosing connection can be sorted out/ distinguished from abnormal aborts. I dont propose banning somebody. I propose disabling ALT-F4 and even better leaving the char of an abnormal aborted player ingame for a minute. Yes there will be some as stated above, that will have more unconveniances with unstable power supply or sth. like that but those cases should be really really really rare. I don't see why the game should cater those players that have local problems with their PC or their current supply or whatever for the sacrifce that the majority of players suffer from dc oponents.
  • Like 1

lets get to page 100 before update rolls out.

go go go!

Question: I apologize if this has already been addressed but, there are often problems with people being stuck at loading screens and on character creation, waiting for host and so forth. If one has to manually exit the DayZ mod while they are stuck on this screen ( so for example, ending the programme via task manager) will this be counted towards that individuals "hive reputation" and contribute, somewhat as an "alt+f4" if you will?

Cheers.

The respawn button is not used as intended if you respawn

• because you don't like the location
  • to get closer to your team, your tent(s) or anything else

In both cases: Be a man, deal with it. Run to the location desired and if that takes you an hour to get there... it is part of the game and it is not realistic to teleport from one respawn point to the other.

Yeah, man. Fuck the idea of actually having a fun zombie simulator! Let's make it incredibly unpractical to play this mod just so more and more people will quit playing! Fucking incredible idea, man!

• Like 2

Currently testing:

5 second "idle" time upon disconnect, player will sit down during this.

• Like 25

And this can be done as well or additionally to disabling ALT-F4.

if you die, you die clientside. keeping the player modell ingame after pulling the cable won't do much because the server won't receive the kill message.

if it wasn't for that, DCing would have been fixed long ago.

Edited by Azrail

Currently testing:

Not enough. Make it 10 seconds at least.

• Like 1

Jea make it 10 seconds and drop the update. We will do the testing :)

Currently testing:

@rocket Sounds cool, I guess the patch is today or Monday then?

Edited by Booker

Keep plugging away Rocket, good work on building the mod so far. Stick to where you're going with this mate. I'd put this up there with how much enjoyment I've gotten out of mission building using ACE mod, and the first time I tried the CWC demo YEARS ago, lol.

Figured this topic could do with a bit more + too.

@booker.. most likely today / friday as the target date was yesterday.. so he will probably work his way around that date.

Edited by pietjan12

Or 10 seconds standing, screaming, waving hands around like a madman and dancing a fucking Russian polka.

Come on, 5 seconds is great and I'm sure it's going to help immenselly. After that it can always be tweaked.

• Like 1

Sorry if i'm asking the same question asked a hundred times before, but is there a new targeted date for the patch coming? I coulnd't find any informations on any of the Devs Channels on fb or twitter. Would be great if you post short infos on them.

Five seconds is plenty. When you see somebody sitting down after just being shot you immediately know on the spot that they're disconnecting. If you can't kill them in 5 seconds of them purely being 100% defenseless, you probably wouldn't of killed them if they were moving and running away.

I believe the main reason for the 5 second timer is because any longer than that and it creates performance issues.

Edited by Booker

Yeah, man. Fuck the idea of actually having a fun zombie simulator! Let's make it incredibly unpractical to play this mod just so more and more people will quit playing! Fucking incredible idea, man!

It is a military simulation with scope on survival. Zombies are in as well. It is not a fun zombie simulator. I like it the hard way, if you dont... perhaps you will like War Z, which really is intended to be some kind of "fun zombie simulator".
  • Like 3

Sorry if i'm asking the same question asked a hundred times before, but is there a new targeted date for the patch coming? I coulnd't find any informations on any of the Devs Channels on fb or twitter. Would be great if you post short infos on them.

Lol first post clearly says it was supposed to be 25th. Expect it in a couple of days.

Currently testing:

Great, but more would be better. Is this done with every disconnect, also if player hits ALT-F4 (or plane crashing into PC or whatever)? Would be REALLY great, if so!

Well, Rocket is being terrible with communication, so i doubt it will be soon, expect it on Monday minimum most likely at this rate as he won't release on friday (who wants to use a weekend fixes bugs after all?)

• Like 1

just got killed by a hacker after my 10 hour journey to NW airfield. Great. I went there and said friendly and he wasn't aiming at me. Then he turned around and stood still for a few seconds and suddenly i died. No shots were fired or anything. We were in a building so no one else could have done it.

It is a military simulation with scope on survival. Zombies are in as well. It is not a fun zombie simulator. I like it the hard way, if you dont... perhaps you will like War Z, which really is intended to be some kind of "fun zombie simulator".

Realism is great, but only in moderation.