rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Wasnt aware of the Paramount trademark, but that is kind of funny, from what i could make out of the WarZ website its barely even at the "concept level" stage yet, there is a distinct lack of details in reference to any kind of gameplay. Although the mention of quests put me off instantly.

Your mod is so incredibly addictive simply because there is no objectives there are no quests, you have taken the "Grind" out of gaming, and should be hailed as some kind of hero for it.

:)

Sounds more like they registered the trademark so they can put legal pressure on the dayz mod to destabilize the development because it has become so popular. I'm started to feel like alot of people from all across the spectrum are putting more time into this game then most games out there simple because its a much better game in terms of game play. Dayz has already changed the way I think about other games that i used to play. I dont have the same enthusiasm to play other games because they dont have the level of realism that dayz has. Im wondering if others feel the same way but that is another thread.

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

How about disable Respawn for the first 15 minutes after spawning?

• Like 3

I kinda want four things mostly to make me stay on one server.....

2) Ability to set a Tent being ur respawn, So if you die, you can respawn at ur tent or option to respawn randomly along the coast.

I agree on every point you stated but that one? get off... pls. that would make the whole "damn i died" completly pointless because you can spawn back at your tent and requip. nothing lost. can you imagine what this would cause in the behavior the people are playing?

• Like 1

Well tbh what needs to happen, and im sure will be in the standalone. The spawn chances really need to be decreased. And on top of that ammo needs to be vastly reduced along with food and water. Maybe increase the hunger and thirst cycle also. I know there are serious limitations on the Arma engine with the whole loot spawning system being a "hack fix" but that's is why the killing on sight is so rampant atm. Players don't need to choose their shots wisely atm as there is too much ammo.

So in conclusion..

- Not enough zombies

- Zombies are not hard enough

- Zombies are not 'smart' enough

- Too many gun spawns and ammo spawns

- REQUEST: Gun durability (Maybe you can find barrel cleaning kits and spring loader kits or something I dunno)

- Too much food and water spawns

- Duping tents bug needs to be fixed

I am aware that this is the testing phase. Yada yada.

Edited by Dez.
  • Like 2

When can we wear ghillie suits / camo??

you already can if you happen to get one. Just drop your backpack before putting it on.

Well tbh what needs to happen, and im sure will be in the standalone. The spawn chances really need to be decreased. And on top of that ammo needs to be vastly reduced along with food and water. Maybe increase the hunger and thirst cycle also. I know there are serious limitations on the Arma engine with the whole loot spawning system being a "hack fix" but that's is why the killing on sight is so rampant atm. Players don't need to choose their shots wisely atm as there is too much ammo.

So in conclusion..

- Not enough zombies

- REQUEST: Gun durability (Maybe you can find barrel cleaning kits and spring loader kits or something I dunno)

I disagree with everything except durability, number of zombies, and duping. Everything else is fine as is. It's not about making the game super-realistic, it's about creating a fun, hardcore experience. Zombies being smart? Doesn't make sense, they're dead, they have no intelligence, only instinct. The guns make DayZ, DayZ. It would be purely a running simulator if you take away the number of guns and going into town would be retardedly difficult. Too much food and water spawns? Absolutely not. The fact that you sometimes have die from food and water is enough. The threat isn't your metabolism, it's the apocalypse.

• Like 2

Here me out past my spelling. Keep the respawn buttin but limmit it uses per X ammount of time. also give you the option of X amunt of places to spawn. keep the chances of spawns the sam just make them for what shows on the list. so its hard to get a northern spawn still.

also i request a log-out timmer so if anything happns you stop the logout prosses. so if your bleeding no log out. you your being chased by Z no log-out so on and so forth.

Thats my take on this bit.

IDK Food isn't exactly easy (for me at least) Until you get a hatchet, matches, and a hunting knife.

I disagree with everything except durability, number of zombies, and duping. Everything else is fine as is. It's not about making the game super-realistic, it's about creating a fun, hardcore experience. Zombies being smart? Doesn't make sense, they're dead, they have no intelligence, only instinct. The guns make DayZ, DayZ. It would be purely a running simulator if you take away the number of guns and going into town would be retardedly difficult. Too much food and water spawns? Absolutely not. The fact that you sometimes have die from food and water is enough. The threat isn't your metabolism, it's the apocalypse.

I forgot to elaborate on my comment about Zombies not being smart enough. What I mean't by that is Zombies don't really hear gun shots, half of them just stand around and do nothing, and the other 60% of them don't even see you walk past them until you are about 50meters away.

Durability is a must.

Ammo.. there is far, far too much. This is meant to be survival. How is the game survival if you have 6 belts of 249. Find a pile of 4 AK mags. It's just silly. Or another way to prevent this would be to make it so mags have a high chance of just having a single round in the mag etc etc. Too much ammo takes away the sence of being fucked. It makes you feel too save and makes the game far too easy.

I have never died of food or water. Actually I always have 2 cans of food and 2 cans of water without fail I normally find im just walking past food and water as there is too much or just dropping it as i have too much.

Also might I add...

The guns are wrong. This is an apocalypse based in Russia.. why the american guns.. what's wrong with RPDs PKPs :(

Also...

Im sorry.. but if you find this game hard now. You're not hardcore enough :/

Edited by Dez.

So in conclusion..

- Not enough zombies

actually this will increase killing due to people needing supplies, i do agree with chefwillis though and everything he says about your post, although less ammo for the rare guns would be good, and the zombies work fine when i play, if i run they come, if i stealth i can get past with them just walking about, unless i get spotted by the super zombie aggro master one

as for you having to much water and food, remmber there are other people in the world that dont have it, that will collect it later

Edited by Lokiz

Any fixes for zeds aggroing when they shouldnt? Its impossible for me to navigate around now withour alerting zombies, even if im being really stealthy.

My point exactly! day-z is a fucking video game people! people try to act like its soooo much more than just an online game and we should strip it of any fun so it can be REALISTIC MOD!!! The biggest problem with the forums is people cant argue against a change without hearing "LOL CAREBEAR GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY" and made to feel like a pussy. The game needs to sacrifice some realistic aspects and just let people have FUN. people need to grow a pair and run? Do you have friends you play with on a regular basis?? Why should people feel like less of players because they don't feel like wasting time running in one direction. Meeting up is easy as SHIT it just involves way too much time the map is gigantic. Why can't I have more time playing with my friends??

The game is already fun, you just are not used to playing a game that makes you work for it.

Get over it and stop trying to compare this game to other games, its not in any way shape or form the same game as most multiplayer games out there. its a realism game and it will always be that way god willing. I myself have countless times gotten pissed off because i died and had to walk all the way back to where I was before, but then I find a hell-copter crash and it makes all worth it. The point of this game is that all that stuff that you find mundane actual drives the fun. you never know whats going to happen because the developers haven't dumbed it down. I dont suggest we dumb something simple because its convenientfor you. man up and meet the game where its at, dont make the game confirm to your expectations. its dayz for christ sake.

What? ETA is next week? :( Nooooooo

For the one who said that he never died for food or drinks. Well, the game is in real time, so you can live perfectly in the real life with a coke and two pasta cans for day without any problem, if we speak about survive.

Edited by Weltenfeind

actually this will increase killing due to people needing supplies, i do agree with chefwillis though and everything he says about your post

There are two sides to this coin...

It could also promote more teamplay. So you're telling me.. when the zombie apocalypse comes, will you be the one sitting there complaining its too hard and tapping out first? I love this mod and rocket's attitude but at the moment its FAR too easy.

Edited by Dez.

i'm not that new i've got over 100 kills on my current life. I have a revolver full of ammo a lee einfeld and a hatchet. I have a map a compas enough food and drinks. I know how to use the flashlight. I even have the military flashlight. But when i equip it and press L nothing happens. I used it once and it worked but for this life it doesn't. And i'm only about 2km away from the NW airfeld. I was usually just scouting elektro and cherno and after a few hours i died. Now i scouted both cities and went north. Not my fault the flashlight doesn't work. I was playing before because the moon was quiet bright but then got lost in a building.

I havent been able to get it to work yet either man. Don't know if im doing something wrong, or its just a bug, so I tend to stick to day servers.

Any fixes for zeds aggroing when they shouldnt? Its impossible for me to navigate around now withour alerting zombies, even if im being really stealthy.

They are actually aggroing less than they should, as of 1.7.2.3 they are not hearing gunshots, and they stop chasing you or don't detect you when you are right in front of them if you are not moving. Right now, they are extremely easy to avoid.

I think you must have missed the changelogs and do not know that they have an increased chance to aggro based on your visibility in their line of sight (which is where their bodies are facing), they can see you easily from 100 - 80 m. if you are crouch-running or standing up, specially with high visibility (roads, low grass fields, daytime). Just be aware when you cross their line of sight.

Right now, zombies are broken, but on the opposite side of what you say, they are brokenly easy to deal with.

I forgot to elaborate on my comment about Zombies not being smart enough. What I mean't by that is Zombies don't really hear gun shots, half of them just stand around and do nothing, and the other 60% of them don't even see you walk past them until you are about 50meters away.

Durability is a must.

Ammo.. there is far, far too much. This is meant to be survival. How is the game survival if you have 6 belts of 249. Find a pile of 4 AK mags. It's just silly. Or another way to prevent this would be to make it so mags have a high chance of just having a single round in the mag etc etc. Too much ammo takes away the sence of being fucked. It makes you feel too save and makes the game far too easy.

I have never died of food or water. Actually I always have 2 cans of food and 2 cans of water without fail I normally find im just walking past food and water as there is too much or just dropping it as i have too much.

Also might I add...

The guns are wrong. This is an apocalypse based in Russia.. why the american guns.. what's wrong with RPDs PKPs :(

Also...

Im sorry.. but if you find this game hard now. You're not hardcore enough :/

I don't agree with everything, but I also expect that loot becomes more scarce and more apocalypse-themed. Magazines with random amount of ammo, spare bullets that you can load into magazines, a mechanic to fiddle with magazines and fill them up and mixing their ammo, rotten food, change to get intoxicated with water from ponds/lakes, desperate measures (eating raw meat, drinking from unclean sources (abandoned wells maybe).

If the survival aspect gets enhanced the mod can't get anything but better, decision making would be more crucial and ammo scarsity (or less ammount, more diversity) would make for tough choices about inventory management.

I think it will head into that direction once the standalone version is released and there is more source control of the engine.

• Like 1

i'm not that new i've got over 100 kills on my current life. I have a revolver full of ammo a lee einfeld and a hatchet. I have a map a compas enough food and drinks. I know how to use the flashlight. I even have the military flashlight. But when i equip it and press L nothing happens. I used it once and it worked but for this life it doesn't. And i'm only about 2km away from the NW airfeld. I was usually just scouting elektro and cherno and after a few hours i died. Now i scouted both cities and went north. Not my fault the flashlight doesn't work. I was playing before because the moon was quiet bright but then got lost in a building.

The flashlight not working is (I think) to do with the priorities of different commands. Aim at the floor and just all-out mash the L key. It hasn't failed me yet.

I cannot avoid them, and i read the change logs, but im telling you, they cant be avoided. Ive talked to several people who have said the same thing, but some people seem to be having a complete opposite experience. I was prone in the tree line last night while my friend ran into a town to get some loot. They turned and bolted right past her to come at me from insanely far away. Crouch, crawl, run, walk, it makes no difference. I agree, theyre pretty easy to deal with, but my point is, we should be rewarded for being stealthy. Before the update, I could navigate through any town with only a small chance of aggro'ing, but now I just cant do it. It feels broken, regardless. Its my only issue with the game right now, i just want to see it fixed.

• Like 1

you already can if you happen to get one. Just drop your backpack before putting it on.

Why do i need to drop my backpack when i put it on? I never had to do it before.

Any word on if they will fix the loot spawn random number generator. More often than not if I go into a multi spawn building there are multiplies of the same item. A few example from last night :

Supermarket - 4 tents, 5 binoculars, 5 watches, plus some random other stuff

Big 30 plus spawn point coast warehouse - 7 hatchets, 3 barb wire kits plus stuff

2nd Supermarket - 3 ALICE backpacks, 3 Makarov (w/ammo), 4 boxes of matches, 2 Maps plus stuff

Barn - 5 wood piles plus stuff

2nd Barn – 3 DB shotgun (w/ammo) and stuff

If this was an exception you could just pass it off as bad (or good) luck but it honestly happens to me almost 100% of the time. I can’t be the only one to have noticed

Edited by Venloe

92 pages and everything after page 8 or so has been all rants and cries! Can a staff member lock this tread. Is making physically me sick...

Edited by Zul

Regarding the removal of the respawn button: The point of using respawn is to find a good location to meet up with friends. So as long as there's a group spawn option in place, I don't care about actually selecting where I spawn...be it solo or as a group. Random is fine, as long as there's a group spawn option.

As for saving character data, you could always not save character data until the person walks x-yards/picks up an item. People respawning for a different location don't actually move their character or pick anything up anyways. Dunno if that's possible...might be some background stuff I'm not aware of.

Edited by JJTopper

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

Does this also fix tents that have been taken down and come back duplicated after a server restart and for some reason do not go away after several days.

Me and my group have botched several camp sites with this issue...

Possible solution would be to make empty, unused and unsaved tents disappear after a server reset?

Edited by DesertRose