rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

Just keep walking your own path Rocket... it got you this far... changing direction will only allow it to slip away. The Popular opinion did not get it where its at now....You can never make everyone happy no matter what as Im sure you know and learn again every day... every change or fix will make 5 people happy and piss off 10... watering it down only takes away unique gameplay. The Flavor of the month crowd will always come and go and never sticks around long they come they consume then they are off to the next great hit/game... your fans and the ones who like it will be the ones who play and continue on and support till the end.

With all due respect' date=' power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

[/quote']

Roger, noted and accepted. Perhaps an unfortunate byproduct of the popularity of the mod. I was *hoping* to retain my happy-go-lucky nature but I suppose this will have to be dropped somewhat.

I will still try to put the odd joke in... somehow!

Please, for the love of god Rocket, stop giving this dope the credit of even a half-assed apology. It was a joke. The vast majority of us got the joke. His foot stomping fit he's throwing about a simple joke is no different from the special interest groups that bully comedians and celebrities into apologies over jokes.

He went out of his way to be offended and if that comment offended him even remotely, he should uninstall the game completely. Better yet, unplug your modem. A light joke about carebears is nothing compared to the scum you'll find on this big, ugly Internet.

Stop taking offense for the sake of taking offense, Virfortis. It ruins everything about interaction between us and the dev, it ruins his candidness and ability to show us any fraction of his personality, and it makes the playerbase look weak and thin skinned. It's ridiculous that pages later you're still carrying on pretending to be offended.

----

On a much more deserving note... could anyone who has successfully downloaded the new files upload them to a filelocker like mediafire or something? Would really help distribute the DLs adn take the weight off of the mirrors.

A game developer took the time out of his busy schedule to reply to you and reassure you that he did not at all mean to insult you' date=' even insults himself, and yet you STILL can't just let it go? And while you may not be the only one who took it as terribly as you did, there are thousands of players that truly don't give a shit- and probably even enjoy it (I laughed hysterically when I saw it).

If you were a carebear gummy, I would eat your fucking head right off and stick another one's ass right there in that spot. And I would laugh, and then eat the rest of you.

[/quote']

I think he was right though, wider audience means more chance things can get taken the wrong way. Everyone has different things they find funny and not.

Anyway, I'm you're typical soldier. I'm finding the left of arc and the right of arc so I know how far I can stray each way :)

Cool. Rocket, Virfortis, and the entire DayZ community -- this is not an official game, it is a mod made by an independent fellow who does not have a PR department telling him what may be offensive or not.

It was a tad insensitive, yes. Rocket has apologized, and we have all learned from the experience, so Virfortis, please let it go. Now that we have this out of the way and put behind us, can we all shut up about it and get back to critiquing and improving the mod like we are supposed to for an alpha?

...Please?

WOW, why are people always moaning and crying? if you dont like a specific thing on a SOAP television program, u just dont watch it, if someone is telling jokes about carebears or what ever, if u dont like it, dont read all of the comment once u realise ure not going to like it. this world is falling apart with people that like to complain about small little things. i rekon ure the people who try and SUE companies for your OWN mistake.

Awsome Mod, funny jokes from rocket and other people, keeping the game HARDCORE, what more could real gamers (or even just down to earth people) want?

Ever since I read that first post by Virfortis, a question has been bugging the shit out of me.

How could anyone be so thoroughly offended by such a small comment?

Honestly, he didn't even say much. It would take SO MUCH MORE effort to make this into a whiny bitchfest than it would to just ignore it.

I'm still baffled by this whole thing. I'm kinda sad to see rocket end it, but I suppose he was being the bigger person.

Could someone explain to me how anyone could be offended by what rocket said? I'm so confused right now.

Ever since I read that first post by Virfortis' date=' a question has been bugging the shit out of me.

Honestly, he didn't even say much. It would take SO MUCH MORE effort to make this into a whiny bitchfest than it would to just ignore it.

I'm still baffled by this whole thing. I'm kinda sad to see rocket end it, but I suppose he was being the bigger person.

Could someone explain to me how anyone could be offended by what rocket said? I'm so confused right now.

[/quote']

Please move on... Same goes for everyone else. 2 pages or so are filled up with comments in regards to Virfortis :sleepy:.

EDIT: This post is about what Virfortis posted, if you do not wish to see any more talk about it, jump over my post!

With all due respect' date=' power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

[/quote']

Roger, noted and accepted. Perhaps an unfortunate byproduct of the popularity of the mod. I was *hoping* to retain my happy-go-lucky nature but I suppose this will have to be dropped somewhat.

I will still try to put the odd joke in... somehow!

As nicely constructed as Virfrotis' grievance was, I hope you disregard it. Currently, and possibly forevermore, 'casual' (whichever wide definition you give to this word) gamers are going to outnumber the 'hardcore' gamers.

This is a mod and a place (a home for you, as you've stated) where the hardcore can call home as well. Like an atheist (or theist) swimming in a sea of the opposite, this is one of the few places we have left to enjoy what we enjoy; the hardcore experience. Is the term 'carebear' derogatory? Yes. Is it an apt description for what it's being used to describe? Mostly, yes. Casuals (and not in a malicious way, it's fine that they enjoy gaming a different way than I/We do) are destroying the market for hardcore experience. I see (and I hope you as well) see no issue in poking fun of the demographic that is causing many to have to seek refuge in the far corners of the Earth to enjoy something.

You wrote something along the lines of "And your tears will be delicious" next to the Winchester nerf, and personally I'd like to see that same type of written commitment to ensuring this mod is nothing but the most brash anti-game it can be. This team is creating a baby, it's a joy and a passion not only for you to make (I hope), but for us to play as well.

Have fun doing what you love to do, and feel free to be humorous in whatever way you deem funny as well. You guys are devils, damn sadistic devils for making this game, but that's why I assume most of us are here.

And that's why most of us will stay.

That looks like an awesome update. Can't wait to try it - yeah, I won't log now, it is night and I have no freaking wood.

Ever since I read that first post by Virfortis' date=' a question has been bugging the shit out of me.

[/quote']

It was offensive in the sense of emasculation (being made less of a man/having one's masculinity insulted).

Regardless, can we all stop now and get back to the game?

Zombie numbers themselves weren't the problem' date=' it was the ridiculously fast respawn rate. Yesterday me and some buddies cleared out a small ruined fort in the middle of nowhere and had zombies respawn practically right next to us within 5 minutes or so.

[/quote']

Hm. I thought that wasn't supposed to be an issue since the spawner checks whether there are any players in the area before spawning zombies. Then it's supposed to spawn them out of sight and not close to you.

I had 3 zombies spawn within 10 feet of me last week.. while.just.laying on the ground overlooking some houses. Seen them pop up right in front.of me. It suckef

Zombie numbers themselves weren't the problem' date=' it was the ridiculously fast respawn rate. Yesterday me and some buddies cleared out a small ruined fort in the middle of nowhere and had zombies respawn practically right next to us within 5 minutes or so.

[/quote']

Hm. I thought that wasn't supposed to be an issue since the spawner checks whether there are any players in the area before spawning zombies. Then it's supposed to spawn them out of sight and not close to you.

I had 3 zombies spawn within 10 feet of me last week.. while.just.laying on the ground overlooking some houses. Seen them pop up right in front.of me. It suckef

Please dont lose your balls Rocket -.- You being able to speak out freely is like THE one major thing I love about this mod. Dev's these days are whipped so hard by fans it makes me sad.

Good to see that some people (such as Virfortis, the_fencer0, BurstFire, and rocket himself) can have a difference of opinions, take like civilised people, and come to a reasonable compromise.

Really, why do people have to insult other people just because they have a difference of opinion? No one is 100% right or wrong here, even rocket has admitted he isn't. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need everyone trying to protect him from people who disagree with him by insulting them and trying to drive them away - he'll either ignore them, or do as he did, and talk to them.

Sure, the comment was made in jest, but finding it a little offensive is an entirely reasonable view, and it's not like Vir starting spamming or insulting anyone - he posted, clearly and concisely, his objection to a derogatory term used by the creator of the mod towards some people who enjoy his mod. rocket replied, and it's all sorted now.

How about we all just learn to accept peoples' differences, not let them get to us, and chill? I'm pretty sure the forums would be better without all the insults, flaming, and anger issues.

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

what does this exactly entail? does it mean you have to stop and there is a delay (if so how long?) between you clicking abort and you ACTUALLY disconnecting?

Please revert back the bandage/food/drink system, it was not broken it does not need fixing or changing it was fine how it is. Currently system you cannot right click died of bleeding of 2 day character because of said system and how inefficient it is. So please reconsider rolling back that feature in the next update hotfix because the change was simply uncalled for.

Please revert back the bandage/food/drink system' date=' it was not broken it does not need fixing or changing it was fine how it is. Currently system you cannot right click died of bleeding of 2 day character because of said system and how inefficient it is. So please reconsider rolling back that feature in the next update hotfix because the change was simply uncalled for.

[/quote']

How about you actually update all the required files and follow the instructions before bitching and moaning?

Please revert back the bandage/food/drink system' date=' it was not broken it does not need fixing or changing it was fine how it is. Currently system you cannot right click died of bleeding of 2 day character because of said system and how inefficient it is. So please reconsider rolling back that feature in the next update hotfix because the change was simply uncalled for.

[/quote']

Make sure you are right clicking the PICTURE itself, and make sure you have the missing files a few people missed. Just read over these forums for the file name, or check.. http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4978

[/quote']

I know it's a lot to read, but you are wrong.

The old gear system WAS broken. There has apparently been a HUGE performance increase because of this change. That was said in this very thread.

I think he was right though' date=' wider audience means more chance things can get taken the wrong way. Everyone has different things they find funny and not.

Anyway, I'm you're typical soldier. I'm finding the left of arc and the right of arc so I know how far I can stray each way :)

[/quote']

I admire how you and the entire team dont worry about repeating the same answers over and over, keeping a really cool and not usual attitude the whole time.

This is not your job, no one paid anything for it and you owe nothing to anyone, dont let some foreveralone forumpolice give a value judgment about your persona.

pd> we love u!!!

[/quote']

I know it's a lot to read, but you are wrong.

The old gear system WAS broken. There has apparently been a HUGE performance increase because of this change. That was said in this very thread.

Optimize to reliable degree before you change it entirely period. I was sitting literally 30 seconds right clicking on a bandage seeing my blood 8k to 0 and not taking. If you work optimization make sure it works before you do it.

Where was the performance loss exactly? When using the item? Seriously? I never ever got a performance hit when using a bandage, for example, or going to my gear menu. Or is it just a boosted overall game performance. If so, decent, never knew such a thing could cause a performance hit across the whole game.

Have yet to try out this new system but... The previous system was quite, efficient and easy to use, even though you couldn't really choose whether you wanted to drink coke or your bottled water.

Where was the performance loss exactly? When using the item? Seriously? I never ever got a performance hit when using a bandage' date=' for example, or going to my gear menu. Or is it just a boosted overall game performance. If so, decent, never knew such a thing could cause a performance hit across the whole game.

Have yet to try out this new system but... The previous system was quite, efficient and easy to use, even though you couldn't really choose whether you wanted to drink coke or your bottled water.

[/quote']

From what he said previously, it was a constant performance loss, as the context menu checks things every second, so with the previous system, it was checking if any/all actions were possible every second. Meanwhile, now it only checks things when you go to use them in the gear screen, which causes the performance increase.

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

what does this exactly entail? does it mean you have to stop and there is a delay (if so how long?) between you clicking abort and you ACTUALLY disconnecting?

No, it means that your character's state is actually saved when you disconnect now (regardless of the reason, be it aborting properly, or Alt+F4), as it wasn't doing so previously. This not only means that you don't get reverted back to whenever it was last saved (which could be a few minutes ago) when you come back, and also makes it a lot harder to do the easier duping exploits.

Not liking the new system at all sorry. It really makes things more difficult in an aspect they shouldn't...

Completely unnecessary change.