Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

Medic in training is online IVO Devils Castle. Enroute South to Stary Sobor if anyone else needs help. I have a possible patient I am heading to first, then I can make it your way if needed. Please let me know your injuries so I can assess the situation and we will hash things out on steam: AlphaStalker

i need some ammo, shot abouth 8clips into a helicopter and now im low, mind bringing me abouth 10 30rnd stanag mags?

Requesting urgent medical attention at the South barracks at NW airfield. A blood transfusion, food and water desperately needed.

Not realizing I have no food in my bag after being afk is not a good feeling. Atleast I finally have a rangefinder, though. Also would be willing to trade that for something else, NvG's or a ghillie maybe?

Steam & Skype = Deanw050

Also, many thanks to Snortan, a trustworthy and reliable medic for the help received the other day.

PM you on steam

i need some ammo, shot abouth 8clips into a helicopter and now im low, mind bringing me abouth 10 30rnd stanag mags?

No. This thread is for medical assistance.

My point stands. Most players who've played for a while learned early on to set the acquisition of matches high on their priorities, and to check farm buildings and industrial for hatchet and hunting knife. Trying to take shortcuts there is actually "cheating" - that is to say: you are cheating yourself of valuable experiences and enjoyable gametime. Of course the game offers you the option to try to quickly acquire a highpowered weapon and turn bandit, and get your survival essentials that way; in case that was the choice you made, and I don't condone or condemn either way. (Ok, morally, I condemn, but roleplaying a medic, that won't stop me from helping you if you need serious help. ;-) )

But this goes to you and everybody out there, me and people I know have been dealing with increasingly large proportions of people who not only could have helped themselves relatively easily, or would benefit from failing, and learning from their mistakes how to get better at the game, and enjoy themselves more!

As an example, earlier today, I helped a patient, then travelled a long distance to supply a fellow medic who had fallen prey to bandits with a little help, and trading for some antibiotics from his friends in return. Had to go to work, after coming back, I found myself without a backpack, and only minimal survival supplies, my food and drink having been in the pack, as well as valuable antibiotics in my main inventory that needed to get to camp. Due to simple misfortune, my old bicycle took a single hit from a zombie, which broke it's frame and front wheel, leaving me stuck in the middle of a fairly sizable northern town. I barely made it to cover, dispatched a large number of zombies, then snuck out and hid in cover, making certain it was safe. When done quickly checking my map, I found myself surrounded by 3 zombies, stuck in the wall behind me, hitting me, having already broken my legs. I crawled out while being savaged until they came out of the bugged wall, dispatched them, and gave myself my last bandage and morphine. Having used up my last painkillers, and being dangerously low on blood, I snuck out of town as best I could, then proceeded to hunt for meat to heal myself up, with really blurry, shaky monochrome impaired vision. I ended up having to headshot a cow from 200m with shaky hands, in the middle of the north-eastern airstrip, then crawl in there, avoiding the marauding hordes, to recover the meat, then sneak a long way back to forest to create a fireplace, heal myself to where I wasn't in quite as much danger of being incapacitated at a single hit, then hunted zombies until I found a dose of painkillers and a new bandage. I have since been travelling about 9km, and still haven't acquired the necessary parts to go back into the dangerous area to fix up my trusty old bike, so I'm in a bit of a hurry right now to do so, and maybe I'll manage, maybe I'll fail. The point is: I am having an absolutely great time in DayZ right now, triumphing over adversity, and I am really, really glad I didn't simply convince others to extract me at the first sign of trouble.

A lot of people here, myself included, derive pleasure from helping others, in part as a reaction against the large numbers of players who feed on grief.

And we're happy to help in most cases! But go read what Dr Wasteland originally posted. (As it stands, the topic still reads "Need Medical Assistance?") Which I'm paraphrasing and adding to, by saying: Check and think whether you couldn't help yourself, and how awesome it could be if you managed! And only if you can't, and have good enough reasons to want to be helped, reasons good enough that you would want to help a complete stranger in a similar position, always at a cost to yourself in time and supplies, weighed up in satisfaction if it's worth it and works out, but potentially outweighed again but everything you can lose if things go wrong. There's a lot going on here that may be worth considering. But even if we only stick to selfishness: A lot of you guys out there might be missing out on some serious fun and satisfaction by too easily making others solve your problems. There's fun to be had! Go get some! :beans:

This is DayZ. This is your story!

And sometimes, in your story, it is time for "And then the nice man came and made it all better. He is a hero!"

And then there's times when what you really want to see, is for you to become the hero of your story!

This is how i stand 100% mate, i could not have put it better myself, however i still must apologise for getting you in that mess in the first play ;)

• Like 1

My point stands. Most players who've played for a while learned early on to set the acquisition of matches high on their priorities, and to check farm buildings and industrial for hatchet and hunting knife. Trying to take shortcuts there is actually "cheating" - that is to say: you are cheating yourself of valuable experiences and enjoyable gametime. Of course the game offers you the option to try to quickly acquire a highpowered weapon and turn bandit, and get your survival essentials that way; in case that was the choice you made, and I don't condone or condemn either way. (Ok, morally, I condemn, but roleplaying a medic, that won't stop me from helping you if you need serious help. ;-) )

But this goes to you and everybody out there, me and people I know have been dealing with increasingly large proportions of people who not only could have helped themselves relatively easily, or would benefit from failing, and learning from their mistakes how to get better at the game, and enjoy themselves more!

As an example, earlier today, I helped a patient, then travelled a long distance to supply a fellow medic who had fallen prey to bandits with a little help, and trading for some antibiotics from his friends in return. Had to go to work, after coming back, I found myself without a backpack, and only minimal survival supplies, my food and drink having been in the pack, as well as valuable antibiotics in my main inventory that needed to get to camp. Due to simple misfortune, my old bicycle took a single hit from a zombie, which broke it's frame and front wheel, leaving me stuck in the middle of a fairly sizable northern town. I barely made it to cover, dispatched a large number of zombies, then snuck out and hid in cover, making certain it was safe. When done quickly checking my map, I found myself surrounded by 3 zombies, stuck in the wall behind me, hitting me, having already broken my legs. I crawled out while being savaged until they came out of the bugged wall, dispatched them, and gave myself my last bandage and morphine. Having used up my last painkillers, and being dangerously low on blood, I snuck out of town as best I could, then proceeded to hunt for meat to heal myself up, with really blurry, shaky monochrome impaired vision. I ended up having to headshot a cow from 200m with shaky hands, in the middle of the north-eastern airstrip, then crawl in there, avoiding the marauding hordes, to recover the meat, then sneak a long way back to forest to create a fireplace, heal myself to where I wasn't in quite as much danger of being incapacitated at a single hit, then hunted zombies until I found a dose of painkillers and a new bandage. I have since been travelling about 9km, and still haven't acquired the necessary parts to go back into the dangerous area to fix up my trusty old bike, so I'm in a bit of a hurry right now to do so, and maybe I'll manage, maybe I'll fail. The point is: I am having an absolutely great time in DayZ right now, triumphing over adversity, and I am really, really glad I didn't simply convince others to extract me at the first sign of trouble.

A lot of people here, myself included, derive pleasure from helping others, in part as a reaction against the large numbers of players who feed on grief.

And we're happy to help in most cases! But go read what Dr Wasteland originally posted. (As it stands, the topic still reads "Need Medical Assistance?") Which I'm paraphrasing and adding to, by saying: Check and think whether you couldn't help yourself, and how awesome it could be if you managed! And only if you can't, and have good enough reasons to want to be helped, reasons good enough that you would want to help a complete stranger in a similar position, always at a cost to yourself in time and supplies, weighed up in satisfaction if it's worth it and works out, but potentially outweighed again but everything you can lose if things go wrong. There's a lot going on here that may be worth considering. But even if we only stick to selfishness: A lot of you guys out there might be missing out on some serious fun and satisfaction by too easily making others solve your problems. There's fun to be had! Go get some! :beans:

This is DayZ. This is your story!

And sometimes, in your story, it is time for "And then the nice man came and made it all better. He is a hero!"

And then there's times when what you really want to see, is for you to become the hero of your story!

this...is how we sometimes live :P

well...this is awkward cause the last time I checked, we didn't give ammo or firearms to those who clearly capable of murder...

EDIT: Seeing as you have quite a few posts in the Bandit Firecamp section of the forums, I suggest every last sane medic to not accept, not accept and lastly, not accept any form of communication. bad enough you have the tell tale signs of a stone blooded killer, asking for that amount of ammunition should greatly concern someone.

Edited by kalskirata
  • Like 2

Thanks to Fraggle for saving my arse in Elektro!

Much appreciated.

Your welcome. It's been a while since I've been to Electro hospital so I killed two birds with one stone. Have fun and try not to die.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Operator. I was readily supplied with antibiotics for my nasty coughing and even got a can of pasta and matches!!! No more hungry days.

Thank you.

Posted Today, 01:55 PM

Thank you very much, Operator. I was readily supplied with antibiotics for my nasty coughing and even got a can of pasta and matches!!! No more hungry days.

Thank you.

-Thank you, Tamorim, for saving me from the zombies!

Edited by Operator

this...is how we sometimes live :P

well...this is awkward cause the last time I checked, we didn't give ammo or firearms to those who clearly capable of murder...

EDIT: Seeing as you have quite a few posts in the Bandit Firecamp section of the forums, I suggest every last sane medic to not accept, not accept and lastly, not accept any form of communication. bad enough you have the tell tale signs of a stone blooded killer, asking for that amount of ammunition should greatly concern someone.

i am aware that this sounds sketchy but i'm low on food, water and in need of supply's

i don't trust you nor any medics so if assisted i would request the ammo to be dropped and i will scout the area with my ir scope until it seems clear enough to loot

a couple of painkillers would help but i would decline on the blood transfusion since i don't want any player interactions

is it not the medics code to help someone in need regardless of gender or alliance?

need medical assistance 2.5k blood SW hangers in NW airfield bleeding heavy in need of blood bandages and epinefrin, help would be very much apreciated.

i am aware that this sounds sketchy but i'm low on food, water and in need of supply's

i don't trust you nor any medics so if assisted i would request the ammo to be dropped and i will scout the area with my ir scope until it seems clear enough to loot

a couple of painkillers would help but i would decline on the blood transfusion since i don't want any player interactions

is it not the medics code to help someone in need regardless of gender or alliance?

Yeah if their bleeding out/dying, not if they need ammunition.

Edited by Muncywolverine

Hey guys, im famous! i just watched a Devil Dog gamers video on youtube with a couple thousand hits and guess what their intro is? there in a truck, singing, my signiture i have had since i joined the forums.....

• Like 2

yes, if your in need of medical assistance.

you however, seem fine. Go scout for your supplies. There are supermarkets in most major towns that will more that likely have everything your looking for.

its in our code to help people, with medical supplies yes.

do you ever see doctors in afghanistan handing out AK47 rounds to the local population? do you see them handing out handgrenades to the children there?

• Like 2

Do we look like a fucking delivery service. Call DHL.

Also, stop spamming the thread, it's for people that need urgent medical assistance and your slowing down the process.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

It is our code to help whoever regardless of ALLEGIANCE. Gender and alliances don't really matter. We're all for patching you up. Broken leg? Sure, we'll shoot enough morphine to knock out an elephant into you. Need blood? Let's try this, put more blood that was found in a box into your system. Shaking all over? Here, have a whole box of painkillers. Unconscious? Let my fellow man here stick an Epi-Pen in a place where it shouldn't be stuck into.

It's your playstyle that we are all cautious of. Some of the medics would turn a blind eye. However, I am one who believes in not giving those who do harm the tools to do more harm. You need supplies? I'm up to travel where you are. But, I'm super tired and you've mentioned an IR scope. That is the signature of a L85 AWS. You don't have to scope out the drop point. You'd just have to scope us out then shoot us. And, you sound pretty experienced enough to be able to secure supplies. The fact that you are somehow low on supplies is...more disturbing than anything.

A few of my fellow medics have put in their say. Yes, this might incur the wrath of you and your...compatriots. You are welcomed to take pot shots at us. Just remember we can pick up the pieces much quicker and retain our virtual humanity. Whereas you have to go from basic PvP gear to advance PvP gear, which I heard is easy now but time consuming and develop a slightly more...interesting mindset.

But hey, that's just one medic talking. You've seen what the others have had to say. Still, I do hope you get out of your current situation alive and...well.

• Like 4

Hello.

I'm currently in possession of some antibiotics, if any medics need one, message me on this site.

I appreciate what you guys do for everyone.

In-game name is Noah-PC.

• Like 1

I'm currently Just north of Electro. I'm going to head north on foot (just lost our ambulance :( ) PM me if you need assistance. Medics, that goes for you too.

Im at the NWAF in a shed, knocked out, bleeding out, and broken leg (I think). I need someone to come help me greatly appreciated.

Hey there.

I'm currently up in green mountain (North East-ish side) with about 5500 blood. If one of the medics could head up here that'd be great.

IG Name: =MTG=Darrin6613

Steam ID: Darrin6613

If you need medical help around Novy Sobor, I'm here to help. Don't have antibiotics thou. Please, check my profile for information, before you send me a request. ;)