rocket

Server Blacklisted: UK11

cheating is cheating, and it deserves to be blacklisted. if this was let go lightly because of an apology, then what do server hosts have to fear? It should remain blacklisted as a prime example of how NOT to ruin the game for other people.

from what I have been told US 12 and Virginia 25 both have time locks

i believe the texas one did too... reading the one above it seems the reason why zombies wern't spawning was because of time lock.

US12 is just on a different time zone from what I know. Its set to GMT + 11 but its in the US, so don't think that's the same thing, night still falls on the server, just not a peak times.

There was some chatter on the IRC channel about servers using "Perma-day" settings' date=' infact they were discussing the best way to do it.

I told them it was a bannable offence but no one believed me :P

[/quote']

Actually, as far as I can tell, only the method that involves editing scripts that ends up breaking the backend is a bannable offense. The method that some owners (including myself) were using, involving changing the system time, is entirely transparent and has no effect on zombie or loot spawns.

My server is currently set to a static timezone, however, until we can get some clarification on what is and is not allowed with regards to this.

Also, some people might have other preferences, but there are lots out there who find night in this mod nigh-unplayable. My server has been pretty much permanently full, right up until it hit night for the first time tonight. Surely that says something?

It says you're looking at this from the wrong angle.

It's no surprise that people will stop their sessions of DayZ when it starts getting dark. Night's not supposed to be playable - the whole intention is for players to fear it because of how difficult it can be to maneuver through it. The whole point is for players to fear the night, yet have little option but to deal with it when the time comes. Night is just a part of this mod as the day, and it's bizarre to even think of people attempting to disturb that balance!

At the end of the day, the amount of people playing DayZ is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how often your server's full, or how many players criticise and complain about some of the mod's features because that's absolutely not what DayZ is about. There's no need for anyone to work towards sales, ratings or player counts. That's because DayZ is not your typical game - the whole point of this mod was to push the boundaries of typical game design and make it as brutal, unforgiving and cruel to the player as possible, regardless of how successful or 'fun' it may be.

Rocket: "DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations."

Player preference has nothing to do with it. The whole point is that you survive in this post-apocalyptic world, and you tackle everything it has to throw at you - the good, the bad and the damnright ugly. Picking and choosing what kind of obstacles you want to tackle, while leaving the 'non-preferred' challenges out of the selection pool, does nothing but destroy the whole foundations of what DayZ was built upon in the first place. It's only natural then, to expect the DayZ community to protest against it.

i love the night it part oof the mod ,but if the mod dev say that it ok to have your server to the time zone it is in would be cool , i am from the uk but during the day in the uk i join a us server so i get the night it way more fun

i was in virginia 03 (maybe 11, dont recall reallt) and went through whole town, and the airfield in the south without finding any loot or zombi

aand somepeople were talking about beeing in night while others in day.

It says you're looking at this from the wrong angle.

It's no surprise that people will stop their sessions of DayZ when it starts getting dark. Night's not supposed to be playable - the whole intention is for players to fear it because of how difficult it can be to maneuver through it. The whole point is for players to fear the night' date=' yet have little option but to deal with it when the time comes. Night is just a part of this mod as the day, and it's bizarre to even think of people attempting to disturb that balance!

At the end of the day, the amount of people playing DayZ is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how often your server's full, or how many players criticise and complain about some of the mod's features because that's absolutely not what DayZ is about. There's no need for anyone to work towards sales, ratings or player counts. [i']That's because DayZ is not your typical game - the whole point of this mod was to push the boundaries of typical game design and make it as brutal, unforgiving and cruel to the player as possible, regardless of how successful or 'fun' it may be.

Rocket: "DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations."

Player preference has nothing to do with it. The whole point is that you survive in this post-apocalyptic world, and you tackle everything it has to throw at you - the good, the bad and the damnright ugly. Picking and choosing what kind of obstacles you want to tackle, while leaving the 'non-preferred' challenges out of the selection pool, does nothing but destroy the whole foundations of what DayZ was built upon in the first place. It's only natural then, to expect the DayZ community to protest against it.

In my opinion you are half right and half wrong, I agree with you that the idea of the mod is to make players experience an apocalyptic world including every situation, the situations that they want to be in and those situations they don't want to experience, in this case night.

If a player can just leave a server at night and play in another sever in a different timezone thus playing in perpetual daytime, something is wrong and the goal we both believe the mod has is not being achieved.

Its not about servers being empty or counting numbers is about those players that prefer night or day not getting the full experience.

Night players wont find servers full of ppl at night or find players that are not comfortable playing at night to prey upon, and the same goes for daylight.

No one is experiencing the mod as i believe its intended, nobody is suffering at night because they really hate nights and they don't know what to do without the light of day, the only one who suffer at night is the player that wants to hunt other players at night because the lack of prey or the only prey they have are other players who like the night and are doing exactly the same thing they are doing.

All those ppl who don't like to play at night and change servers are missing a great part of the mod. Being terrified and not being able to accomplish much at night in my opinion is superb, but even when I enjoy this feeling i don't want to spend 12 hours or my whole session like that.

This is why I believe the current day and night cycle is a mistake (its just my opinion im not complaining) I think all players should experience night and day as different as they are in a single session or at least in one extended game session, so everyone will experience the terror of night and the slightly less horrific days when they play. I believe this will prevent most ppl form changing server and playing always at daytime and prevent most servers from bending the rules.

If it was up to my (which im perfectly aware its not, again im not complaining) I would go even further and sync every servers day and night cycle so there would be no escape for anyone from day or night.

Nights are way too dark. Light them up a bit' date=' and players will stop trying to always play on daytime.

[/quote']

How does this have anything to do with servers or UK11?

Nights are way too dark. Light them up a bit' date=' and players will stop trying to always play on daytime.

[/quote']

Meaby you guys have lost the point:

1- This MOD is completely free, and when you apply to set that on your server, you have to RESPECT the rules asked by the main developer of the mod.

2- Cheating has NO exscuses, someone who forgive a cheater (IMHO) is worst than a hacker.

3- IF YOU don't like to play it, unistall it. Shut the fuck up, and let us play and have fun!

4- If you have some new GOOD IDEA and stop criticize orberà that are making a work that people like you couldn't ever Deserve.

Shut up, apologize, and pray for the "un"black switch. (That i Disagree)

Guys... Chill.

I was talking to Zxrtommo pretty much for the whole day yesterday, and it was a mistake, and an accident, he did not know the repercussions of changing the time. It was asked of a lot of members of the server to keep it daytime, as it was a large community request I can fully understand why he did it.

I understand the reasons for the blacklist, but it was clearly a mistake that has been learned from, and a clear sign not to fuck with the time system :S

Its a mistake that anyone could have made.

I agree with you that a mistake can be forgiven, BUT, I also saw with these eyes that the people that did it was doing it with knowledge of facts, and used This "tip" to avoid normal procedures of This awesome mod. That's because i'm so angry.

This is only more work for someone who could haven't.

Got it?

Oh so that was it.

One time i was bleeding out cause of hunger and i absolutely did not find any loot to get some food.

Also the zombies seemed to have been missing, but i thought it may just have been a coincidence that someone just raided and killed everything in the two settlements i searched.

Can I start by saying that I'm loving the mod, the most exciting game I've played in years. The night and day change is great, however its having a negative effect in that players from different time zones who enjoy the day time playing, most players at a guess, are having to play on servers with big pings which really affects how the game plays.

What would work better would be a less dark night, or a shorter night. Maybe even have different sorts of servers, some with full day night changes, and others with a shorter night.

Whats going to happen in the Winter? Night for most of the time?

edit: cause just read this

You can set it to any time you want

And realised this ban was for perma light, not just a different time set.

"someone who forgive a cheater (IMHO) is worst than a hacker."

Lay off the crack mate.

-Riccardino' pid='42718' dateline='1337598961']

I agree with you that a mistake can be forgiven' date=' BUT, I also saw with these eyes that the people that did it was doing it with knowledge of facts, and used This "tip" to avoid normal procedures of This awesome mod. That's because i'm so angry.

This is only more work for someone who could haven't.

Got it?

[/quote']

Ok, I'm just gunna start of with defending myself as I only did it because I had seen it advertised for other servers (granted I should have asked around) an people wanted it. And also if I knew it would cause any work for anyone but myself I wouldn't have done it.

On another not the only thing I changed the whole time was the server box time I didn't touch anything to do with the files for personal gain as that would just be boring as I get bored when I get good stuff. - If you check the logs you can see I jumped off a roof to kill myself after collecting some half decent stuff.

I also fail to see how having a permaday server is fucking up gameplay for others as people just jump onto US servers when's it dark in Europe.

This isn't a meant to be a horrible post I'm just defending my actions even though they were stupid.

Playing for the hour when it is just getting dark or when the moon has come out is actually a lot of fun. You can see enough to move around and you can vaguely make out zombies. Playing in the pitch dark before the moon comes out is not fun at all for me. Also it gets dark way too early, if I'm playing on a UK server it should be bright up until 10pm in Summer months not 6pm.

I'd also suggest locking the gamma if that's possible so you can't make it ridiculously bright to get an advantage when it's night time.

And realised this ban was for perma light' date=' not just a different time set.

Lay off the crack mate.

[/quote']

For hackers I mean, in this particular situation, someone who changes data files to use them at his personal own. Against community and modders. If i wrote something offensive to "other" kind of hackers i'm really sorry for that.

And i'm sorry If I had a "bad attitude" or If I had been "Too aggressive", i will pay more attention to HOW i explain my opinions. Again, apologizes, but i was so angry to have seen people ruining this awesome game.

-Riccardino' pid='43040' dateline='1337606521']

And realised this ban was for perma light' date=' not just a different time set.

Lay off the crack mate.

[/quote']

For hackers I mean, in this particular situation, someone who changes data files to use them at his personal own. Against community and modders. If i wrote something offensive to "other" kind of hackers i'm really sorry for that.

But luckily, as he explained, he did not modify data files to use them for his own personal gain. He did not modify them at all.

-Riccardino' pid='43040' dateline='1337606521']

Lay off the crack mate.

[/quote']

But luckily, as he explained, he did not modify data files to use them for his own personal gain. He did not modify them at all.

I saw that, i was trying to write it but i was on iPhone, now i'm on pc so i can write a little better

I apologize for that, I attacked him without a right reason.

I had the presumption to know that he was involved in the situation that i saw, but he wasn't. Now i think i should do better shutting up.

Nah dont shut up lol at the end of the day it was my wrong and I shouldn't have done it and for thy I'm sorry I was just trying to point across that it wasn't for personal gain :) I too am on an iPhone so sorry for the grammar

I saw a TX server that had 0 zombies in it' date=' but like 45+ players... that isnt bad?

[/quote']

It'll require a restart most likely.

that seems like an advantage tho, not "cheating" worthy?

It's caused by some bug that stops zombies AND loot from spawning, so not really an advantage. Happens on FI 3 all the time, all it takes to fix it is a server boot like Colonel_Black mentioned.

Too bad that rocket decided to pick a scapegoat instead of giving in to the popular opinion that nights suck and the fact that you have to switch servers to be able to play the game at all.

Simulation as it might be but really? At a later state this might be a cool thing and it might work. The way it is right now? disaster.... luckily its alpha. How long is that excuse going to work?

popular opinion that nights suck

Only if you suck and fail at adapting to a situation.

Also vocal

popular opinion that nights suck

Only if you suck and fail at adapting to a situation.

Also vocal

Yes obviously I would just turn the gamma up IRL

Not saying nights should go away but maybe have a tweak so that its not like logging in with your monitor turned off.

There is a reason why the admin in uk11 did this and if people fail to see that then they are as ignorant as they are stupid

I'm sorry but there's not much that the DayZ dev team can do to "fix" nights. Go and mess around in the editor and see what it's like in normal Arma at night, sure ain't any brighter or easier to see.

Either wait for the moon (which is bright as hell) or switch servers and let people who can handle the dark play.

The very first thing that made me love Arma 2 when it came out was when I first hit N and saw how good of a lighting system they actually have in the game.