rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

I'm still working on it.

Unfortunately, the lull in peak time never happened. And I had forecast that the usual lull would be started now. That isn't happening. So we will try and figure out a way to roll out the patch but it is complicated.

There are so many people playing (over 6500) that if we auto-update the servers the reconnect load caused by everyone coming back on within the same period could, well, crash everything. We don't know if it is possible to handle such load, and I don't really want to try.

So we're coming up with another plan. But it will be within the next six hours assuming that testing has gone okay.

Great news!

But did you really expect a lull time in pop would be on a Sat afternoon? Sunlight hurts our eyes remember! We stay indoors! course we are on! Just saying is all :) <3

Thanks rocket, good luck with the testing.. can't wait!

Could you do a rolling update and just do like 2-3 servers at a time? or would that still bork it :(

Ban everybody except for me and then release it.

Problem solved.

Excellent, but will 1.5.8 include the skins or is that for later?

Can't wait for you to remove the Bandit labels on Bandits! My love just got me a mic headset, so now I can use voice chat when I get on, but I dunno which channel to use and all that stuff.

Peace!

Good job Rocket,

Take your time, I would rather a complete patch tommorow than a patch next hour that implodes the server destroying all the hard work everyone has put into it.

I'd rather you waited til Monday. Weekends don't need patches.

It's Queen Victoria weekend in the Commonwealth.