Sign in to follow this  
mccullxch

Not everyone is a potential enemy.

I recently wanted to try the " Friendly " approach so as I came up to the supermarket in elektro I had saw a guy running from zombies, he ran into the supermarket as I lay prone outside thinking "Should I help or kill" as you think everyone will shoot you.

I then said, I'll try the friendly approach by saying "Do you need help in there" and he replied "Yes, I need blood and bandaged".

I went inside and healed him and bandaged him so he gave me an M1911 with 4 mags as I was needing a weapon.

After that we both went our separate ways, if more people were like this it would feel as if you're doing in-game trading which is what sometimes occurs during a zombie apocalypse.

I know some of you will be sat there like "Who cares" etc but this is to prove not all members want to shoot first.

• Like 6

It would be nice to have more friendly people about so that these kinds of encounters were more common. Today I was approaching the elektro market and saw a player with a pistol at the back entrance. I was unarmed and prone so went in the other direction to avoid the confrontation. He followed which I assumed meant I was about to die. however, we exchanged a "friendly" and he tried to give me an axe (which glitched out). I really appreciated the gesture, he could easily have put a bullet in my head and been on his way. Its nice that there are some people who give up their resources for no other reason than just being friendly.

Edited by OneSixZeroFive

I was in the same boat as you as i was in a supermarket when a man ran in with zombies chasing him. He left, so i thought, and all of a sudden he comes in with an axe one killsme right there as soon as i find a new backpack and food/water.

I did the same thing an it worked for me too, but that was when I I had nothing. When I had an ak on my back, no one is friendly to me even though im constantly saying "im friendly, need any help"?

I did the same thing an it worked for me too, but that was when I I had nothing. When I had an ak on my back, no one is friendly to me even though im constantly saying "im friendly, need any help"?

I'm in the same position. I find that once I get an effective primary weapon I tend to gravitate towards the wilderness and raid barns/small towns to avoid the pressure of those situations.

Generally unless the person is someone you know, or a noob with no weapon and is bleeding out, I trust no one. You will eventually be frustrated with players who kill you just as you spawn (once someone even killed me with a hatchet and I had no weapon xD)

I'm currently walking about with a Lee Enfield, M1911 sidearm and a Makarov in my backpack with extra mags in case I run into friendly people as I like to help them out as they might do the same for me.

More people like that would be nice.

Ran into someone like that once. Was down to ~1100 blood after multiple gunshots, zombies, falling, basically anything that can cause damage. Was waiting on the roof of the Hospital, Rifle ready for that one guy who wanted to finish me. Suddenly I looked behind me...guy with an axe just standing there. Quick words of "friendly" and he agreed to give a blood trans. He coulda killed me, had plenty of time, but instead he helped me, I gave him an unloaded M1911 (had no ammo for it at the time) for his help and we went on our way.

I try to help, but people make it so hard. I use to snipe off zombies as a fresh player got to close to them in Elektro, but someone decided I shouldn't be doing that and axed me. Lately I just avoid going near people. Only ever killed 1 person (maybe 2), but they were justified in my eyes.

OP, do you happen to be Billy?

Someone made a thread that matches your story perfectly.

I had saw that post but sadly no.

That post was the one that put me in the mind-set to help others, My in-game name is "Ryzo" same as the forums.

I was helping a guy named "Ronin".

I have played this mod with the mindset of 'live and let live' due to the fact that we are all in the same boat: we need food, water and weapons to survive the zombie apocalypse. This mentality was chiefly due to fact at how easy it is to die, break legs and/or bleed out from zombies and otherwise and thus lose everything. You would think the vast majority of players would look at it the same way. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case in my experience.

Its rather sad too because its getting to the point where I am so sick of losing the good backpack because of a trigger happy player that I am beginning to feel as though I should shoot anyone I see to simply save myself.

It truly is a breath of fresh air to read about helpful players. I wish my experience was more like that.

I was in the same boat as you as i was in a supermarket when a man ran in with zombies chasing him. He left, so i thought, and all of a sudden he comes in with an axe one killsme right there as soon as i find a new backpack and food/water.

Gas bandit?

I'd like to help people I don't know, but it's as risky as running around cherno holding a chemlight.

Doesn't mean I'll go out of my way to make their day any worse, of course, but unless I've already got a buddy covering my back I won't be rushing to help you out.

It's hard, though. Any bandit will claim to be friendly so that they can safely line up a shot. The risk makes it very tricky to find random friends.

Friendlies are awesome. I've encountered a couple, but those quality characters are few and far between. Most seem to prefer the masquerade, as if there's some sort of merit in earning trust only to break it and steal a couple of soda cans.

I'll help a player who is screaming and being eaten alive. But I'll only administer medical help then sneak away quickly, before he has a chance to attack. Killing another player and ruining the hours he's probably just spent building his little pack up, just doesn't work for me.

• Like 2

I want to be friendly but I only had the opportunity a couple of times. I've been killed too many times by bandits so now I just hide when I see a person. I have been alive for 6 days now as a neutral lonewolf, my record and with no murders. mainly by staying more than 300m from buildings so I know if someone is there and living off the land while I search for heli crashes. Starting to miss the excitement of Cherno though.

Bah.. A couple guys let me go without a bullet or two tonight so I let a few go myself. Passing the good will forward and all.

I also saw less bandits and loggers in general. The long login times might have had something to do with it.

I noticed friendly encounters happen when one of the guy you meet doesn't have a weapon or both of you don't have weapons.

I bet if 2 strangers meet armed with the best weapons they will instantly have a gun fight. Just my two cents on the topic.

Man, zombies are not a trouble right now in the game, they are a 1 shot target, extremely slow in buildings and you can perfectly see where they are before they see you so, if players become friendly too what we do, just looting towns?

Edited by HalloweeNGT

This is honestly all just left up to instinct. The only problem is this game like most others has no real impact to dying. Yeah you lose your gear but you get to come back again, and again (I have still yet to play a game though so this is just from what I have read thus far in the forums.)

That is to also say that those on their own wont survive long. Being a lonewolf is a horrible way to go, you are better off trying to find a group to be a part of and either helping/eliminating others.

Same story with me I was in electro in the grocery store, saw a man enter (armed) and saluted him and me back. I tried talking to him and got one or two words answers and finally he talked in the direct chat through voice and I noticed he was French I asked if he needed a gun he said yes and I gave him one, we later found 2 more players and did the same treatment. You dont always have to shoot people you know.

I beg to differ. You know a game is flawed when you have died from zeds 2 times (one of those agroed when someone shot at me) and when the rest are from PKs. Recently died 5 times in one hour after being ass fucked by 4 people ambushing me in the middle of nowhere, but at least I took one of them out with a marty nade. No ones friendly because this game sucks the Canadian right out of everyone, because one person pissed in another persons cheerios.

The topic title is wrong. *Everyone* is a potential enemy. Some may be friends, some may be unknown but ask for/offer help, but they are still all potential enemies.

FWIW im friendly untill i have decent gear, then i trust noone.

if im a fresh start theres nothing to lose by being killed by a kid or bandit

I have played this mod with the mindset of 'live and let live' due to the fact that we are all in the same boat: we need food, water and weapons to survive the zombie apocalypse. This mentality was chiefly due to fact at how easy it is to die, break legs and/or bleed out from zombies and otherwise and thus lose everything. You would think the vast majority of players would look at it the same way. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case in my experience.

Its rather sad too because its getting to the point where I am so sick of losing the good backpack because of a trigger happy player that I am beginning to feel as though I should shoot anyone I see to simply save myself.

It truly is a breath of fresh air to read about helpful players. I wish my experience was more like that.

you actually need to view that mod from 2 ways...

way one.. survivor game against zombies with friends help..

way two... regular shooter against other player at rpg style and zombies

and to be honest.. way two is much more interesting.. trying to get stuff while avoiding people and zombies is what it makes so much fun and intense.

crossing people and not knowing whether there are friendly or murders is thrilling and creates an outstanding athmosphere. way 2 is a real challenge, thats why all are playing this way after the first few days..

it's frustrating at the beginning, sure.. but after a lot deads, some friends, maybe a clan.. you gear up again super fast.