Sign in to follow this  
mccullxch

Not everyone is a potential enemy.

I wish there were more friendlies. But as much as I want to be an ally, it's far too risky as you could lose some really hard-earned gear.

Its funny you know, even Bandits can be friendly and help each other out.

I was tooling around in Cherno killing Zombies and trying my hardest to bring attention to myself so I could attract some PvP action and have a bit of fun.

A bandit spawned right above me, I was in cover below him and he in cover above me. He had heard my M14 shots and had a quick sense of my heartbeat and knew I was dangerous, but offered the olive branch anyway with a quick statement that went something like this 'I know you are a bandit, but so am I, and I don't want to die to you so lets just be friendly'

Could I trust this guy? probably not! but I thought what the hell, so I replied ' Sure you come out first, I promise I wont shoot' to my surprise, he came out, offered me two M107 clips (which I desperately needed) and we nervously chatted for a bit and then settled in and hunted players for about an hour in range and sight of each other the whole time. It was amazing.

I truly considered killing him, several times, it would have been the ultimate betrayal, but I just couldn't. I found myself in a moral situation where I had interacted with this guy, given my word and just couldn't break it.

Now the thing is, we are both bandits, both with heartbeats going absolutely nuts, yet here we are being friendly... Crazy game this DayZ

edit: we were both fully kitted out and had everything to lose in that interaction. interesting

Edited by Metric

Today I met 2 Survivors One had a night vision but didnt know the name and the 2nd was Dima i think well they were nice but i almost killed them with my Winchester when i heard them in the military Camp

I had ran into two players that were killing a few zombies so I'd helped and said through my mic, "Friendly, friendly!" He than said, "Okay, it's cool. I'm just showing my friend the ropes." He than asked if I needed blood, and luckily I did pretty badly. So I asked what ammo he might need since I picked up a bunch on my journey and I happened to have a nice mag for his AK. He gave me a blood transfusion and I dropped the clip and we went our separate ways. I will make sure to keep cautious, but they were the first group I encountered, so lets just hope I don't trust others so easily.

I am heading to Cherno, so we will see if my 3 day old character will survive the stay!

Also when I first started playing Arma 3 days ago, and started DayZ. Some zombies had chased me into the ocean where I swam away. I didn't know how to go third person at the time till my brother told me 3 hours later, and I realized I had no backpack! I've had no backpack for the 3 n' a half days I've been playing, and still have not found one...

I recently wanted to try the " Friendly " approach so as I came up to the supermarket in elektro I had saw a guy running from zombies, he ran into the supermarket as I lay prone outside thinking "Should I help or kill" as you think everyone will shoot you.

I then said, I'll try the friendly approach by saying "Do you need help in there" and he replied "Yes, I need blood and bandaged".

I went inside and healed him and bandaged him so he gave me an M1911 with 4 mags as I was needing a weapon.

After that we both went our separate ways, if more people were like this it would feel as if you're doing in-game trading which is what sometimes occurs during a zombie apocalypse.

I know some of you will be sat there like "Who cares" etc but this is to prove not all members want to shoot first.

Hopefully I've encountered someone not hostile like that. But so far, I only encountered bandits tryin to hack me with a hatchet and someone who said "FRIENDLY" then shot me soon after. Since then, I'll shoot or avoid any people I encountered. I hate to say this but people are worse than zombies. :(

I've always been one of those players you guys speak of, the "nice and helpful" ones. I have yet to buy arma and install DayZ, but from what it sounds like I will most likely just find high-class weapons and then get killed and get frustrated.

Sounds like I would much rather enjoy helping out the noobies and people in need. I would probably run around Elektra with some medical supplies and a handgun or two with rounds and extra mags. Honestly I find more joy in helping those in need then causing frustration to those also in need (or not). To anyone who hasn't tried being that "good player" I would suggest it. It feels great knowing you made someone happy and made their journey easier for them, all at a respawnable price.

It's good to know there is still some friendly survivors out there, we're that brief few that seem to want to live through the apocalypse without harming fellow humans.

I respect everyone who wants to be friendly without wanting to shoot the player in the back.

I recently wanted to try the " Friendly " approach so as I came up to the supermarket in elektro I had saw a guy running from zombies, he ran into the supermarket as I lay prone outside thinking "Should I help or kill" as you think everyone will shoot you.

I then said, I'll try the friendly approach by saying "Do you need help in there" and he replied "Yes, I need blood and bandaged".

I went inside and healed him and bandaged him so he gave me an M1911 with 4 mags as I was needing a weapon.

After that we both went our separate ways, if more people were like this it would feel as if you're doing in-game trading which is what sometimes occurs during a zombie apocalypse.

I know some of you will be sat there like "Who cares" etc but this is to prove not all members want to shoot first.

yeah it's great that you found that and all, but this is the exception and not the rule. everyone except your friends and clanmates are potential enemies and you can never be too sure if someone who just helped you a minute ago might turn around and shoot you when it's convenient.

This is honestly all just left up to instinct. The only problem is this game like most others has no real impact to dying. Yeah you lose your gear but you get to come back again, and again (I have still yet to play a game though so this is just from what I have read thus far in the forums.)

That is to also say that those on their own wont survive long. Being a lonewolf is a horrible way to go, you are better off trying to find a group to be a part of and either helping/eliminating others.

oh. i'm sure you'll have a lot of insight to add Edited by Blakorr

I love to help people out. It's just hard to find people that wont shoot you haha, I was in a building in cherno just checking around and when I was done I was going down the stairs and right when I was going down someone came up. First thing I thought was "Oh sweet a person, we can partner up and do shit" Well he started shooting at me with a makorav while I had no choice but to shoot him back with my winchester... :(

But everyone is a potential KILL ;D