More stuff to build, tank traps wire and the elusive sandbags are nice but more tuff would be sweet deer stands you can build, maybe concrete bunkers, camoflage netting, walls, maybe even small buildings (would take up 12 slots and once set down somewhere would take 100 or so scrap metal to repair fully? Strongboxes locked gun safes etc that need keys to open.

Stuff that draw groups of players together to build up encampments and give other player incentive to go find that and fight for them.

A built up camp could change ownership several times a day and would create new pvp hotspots (in random places to prevent hoppers) for fully geared players/ teams and keep people from just camping cherno and electro for lulz. Maybe make it so built buildings spawn rare high value loot but require regular maintence (ie they slowly take dmg and need to be repaired often to maintain loot spawns)

Did not read the thread because i thought it would be shitty...which is seems like.

there is no endgame in sandboxes...fucking moron.

ever seen a kid play in a sandbox?

he builds a castle or what the fuck ever.

Then stomps it into the ground

and builds another

sandboxes = no endgame

Edited by Hashisx

Did not read the thread because i thought it would be shitty...which is seems like.

there is no endgame in sandboxes...fucking moron.

ever seen a kid play in a sandbox?

he builds a castle or what the fuck ever.

Then stomps it into the ground

and builds another

sandboxes = no endgame

So, at what point does he stomp it to the ground?

Because, by this logic, he can stop it to the ground after having moved one grain, and still accomplish the same as having built the Taj Mahal and then stomped it to the ground.

And if that's the logic we're following, then why even have a 255 km2 map? There's no reason to go any more than ten meters from the coast. No reason to have any weapon other than a Makarov. There's literally nothing more to do after you've played ten minutes, because you'd probably have more fun collecting your equipment again, rather than "kill animal, find lake, survive, lather/rinse/repeat".

(Point being, there is an endgame to every game. Just because you can start anew at any time doesn't mean there can't be thing that are only accomplishable with 10+ hours of work.)

• Like 1

You know, I don't really mind this idea. One day a month or something like that, the servers get changed over to a map where it's extreme zeds or a super small map, forcing survivors together and outsmarting one another.

Or maybe a Hunger Games type thing.

I already got My endgame, joined the Medic unit, i constently have people to treat and involes long distance's plus people encounters etc but also i help new people which makes me feel good :P i prefer helping then shooting

Hey guys just want to know what you guys would like to see as an "endgame" in DayZ.

:beans: :emptycan:

fighter jets, and maybe nukes. if i can only pic one of these two then id have to definitly say nukes. all games need nukes cuz its the american way.

Edited by Ballistixz

Building bases/settlements is the obvious next step. It's very much in line with the progression you would expect in a real collapse of civilization. First you survive, then you form a community, then you defend it against other groups, with the environment/zombies becoming less of a threat.

However, I can't think of a decent way to protect those settlements from other people around the clock. I do not want the free-form world of DayZ to become a rule-driven siege game.

Also, some basic "crafting" would also be welcome. In another thread I mentioned making molotov cocktails from empty bottles and jerry cans. Anything along those lines would add to the atmosphere.

Fucking endgame discussion in an open world sandbox game... nothing to discuss here.

However, I can't think of a decent way to protect those settlements from other people around the clock. I do not want the free-form world of DayZ to become a rule-driven siege game.

This is one of the hitches I've found in bases as well. I'd rather not go the route of NPCs, because it's just nicer to see everything PC driven. But how do you stop people from raiding or just taking over when everyone is living their lives?

• Like 1

There are two 'endgames' to DayZ - you die now, or you die later.

Really, that's how it should be. There are no 'boss battles', no story modes, no scripted sequences for a reason - YOU make the story. It's not an arcade game, it's not going to reward you for looting loads of items any further than *having* those items.

I love that the game doesn't spoon-feed you 'achievements' and bonuses all over the place, its a return to what gaming should be - enjoyment of the game, not of something flashy and and 'ending' to pat you on the back and say "well done".

I think you've misunderstood... You can choose to play the game how it is but IMO.... endgame, achievements, bonuses, etc are "value-added" part of the game. You can choose to ignore it if you like but it will add value to the game.

Constructable player settlements or player-secured zones. That is what the end-game should be.

Not safe zones mind you. But, say I wanted to go to Petrovka... wayyyy up North, clear it out, and start my own settlement. I should be able to do so.

Things like concrete walls, guard towers, enterable tents, underground bunkers like Rocket has alluded to, player-placed wells, should all be available to the player to secure a location.

Likewise, if I just want to plop down in the middle of the Wilderness and make my own fortress, I should be able to.

Player-enforced rules inside the fortress for conduct, stuff like that.

Things like concrete walls, guard towers, enterable tents, underground bunkers like Rocket has alluded to, player-placed wells, should all be available to the player to secure a location.

Likewise, if I just want to plop down in the middle of the Wilderness and make my own fortress, I should be able to.

Player-enforced rules inside the fortress for conduct, stuff like that.

Cool, you do that one night. Then you go to bed, go to work next day, and when you come back, a bunch of people from the other side of the world have taken over your settlement and blown up your tents. We are the same point we are now with tents and barbed wire.

So, what mechanics can we use to avoid that?

Like rocket himself said, he´s testing around with the idea of continueing the map underground with huge undergroundconstructions and constructing your own bases etc.

This probably belongs in the suggestion forum, but oh well. here goes...

I'm currently on day 27. I have NVGs, a DMR (looted AS50 and m107, but can't scope witht he NVGs on so I tossed them), anti-biotics, and basically everything else you can think of. I've repaired vehicles, been too every destination on the map, and killed my fair share of players and infected. As far as end-game content goes, I'd much rather keep it with its current style of "this is your story", i.e. no set quests or objectives. I would, however, like more team play encouraged. I'd like a working system for bandits/survivors (having someone shoot at you and miss, then killing them, shouldn't make you a bandit). I believe this adds a cooperative element to the game, and also makes it more interesting (you couldn't trust everyone just becuase they didn't have a bandit skin). I think there needs to be a reintroduction of a global chat (or a much further range chat) through the use of a somewhat rare radio item. In the future (stand-alone version), the map needs to be larger (i'm talking 500km^2 at least) with waaaay more buildings to explore.

Cool, you do that one night. Then you go to bed, go to work next day, and when you come back, a bunch of people from the other side of the world have taken over your settlement and blown up your tents. We are the same point we are now with tents and barbed wire.

So, what mechanics can we use to avoid that?

Who's saying you want to avoid that? That'd be the nature of leaving your shit unguarded, same as tents now. I just pilfered a ton of shit from a tent, because nobody was there.

It doesn't matter whether you go to sleep or not, we all have that "issue" if you choose to frame it that way. You leave your shit unguarded, there are possible consequences.

Also, assume that you'll need 5+ people to actually hold down an area, and protect it. Cycle through? Take shifts guarding? These are all options available to the player just through organizational means, not direct mechanics.

Maybe encourage people to stick with one server by implementing more rigid character locks? Or timeout timers when switching servers? Or limit the servers to a specific continent somehow? Or respawn resets every time you switch servers? Just spitballing off the top of my head, so please don't nitpick every idea that I've thought two seconds about to satisfy your request.

Do you have any ideas for mechanics? Because that would be lovely!

EDIT - THIS was the OP, "Hey guys just want to know what you guys would like to see as an "endgame" in DayZ". Not, "Hey guys, I need to implement some type of endgame, submit a proposal to me". That is for the suggestion forum now isn't it?

Edited by Katana67

Do you have any ideas for mechanics? Because that would be lovely!

Nope, I don't. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I just can't find anything that's not a copy of EVE's timer system. And that's something every single player hates with all his heart.

EDIT - THIS was the OP, "Hey guys just want to know what you guys would like to see as an "endgame" in DayZ". Not, "Hey guys, I need to implement some type of endgame, submit a proposal to me". That is for the suggestion forum now isn't it?

Sure. But I am allowed to point out holes in suggestions. Aren't I? I mean, that's what a forum is for. :)

Once servers become more stable, I think a spawn reset upon switching would work just fine. You don't lose your gear, but you spawn back at the coast when you switch to another server.

Or rather, make player spawns tied to the individual server.

Switch back to your main server, and your original location is saved.

Seems like a simple enough solution to me, but could be more complicated.

Edited by Katana67

I'd love to see the ability to build fortified bases/camps. Stuff that would require cooperation between survivors to be successful.

This is not a mmo.

Every character has their own end game.

This is no specific goal in the game besides to survive. How you choose to survive is your end game.

This is already confirmed, but remains to be seen in what exact shape it will come. Base building. Gonna be awesome.

Constructable stuff and politics.

Edited by jimmy163

The only thing I would like to see added would be more random event type stuff, like the randomly spawned helicopters, maybe randomly spawned -underground- military bunkers.

Edited by Dog One