interesting. i was thinking widening it due to population density and having horde size and spawn rates reflect said population density. meaning you'd have the most zombies and densest spawns at the outset and then have it dwindle outward, with zombies wandering in from the outskirts afterwards under the assumption that you'd have made a lot of noise taking out, say 500 zombies. adding your randomization to this would be fantastic too, would make it so you could suddenly have huge hordes coming at you from the woods.

Speaking of the woods, they're a bit too safe....I wouldn't go so far as to put trigger radius spawns in the tree lines but a random spawn generator which could target areas where there were active players and basically throw a percentile chance roll that a few small zombie spawns would be dropped in their map grid would make things interesting. While its nice to have "safe areas" and all that, if you live out in the woods, the only threat really is bandits, and given that server populations only average around 50 players per server, you could spend a whole night at your campsite and never have to deal with any threat at all.

I'd probably use a player based locational trigger that the server does a random grid position look up for all active players and pulls idle times for the agents on the servers, high idle timers would then have have a percentile chance roll of a zed spawn in their grid....given that zed AI as it is, this still doesn't present a huge threat but it does mean that you could end up with a walker in your camp.

Either that or add bears/wolves/wild boars that are semi-aggressive, I've spent a lot of time in the woods in my life and I can assure you that nothings quite as disconcerting as waking up in the middle of the night and realizing your fire went out and there are hoof/paw sounds and snuffling breathing inside your camp.

Just a thought, when it comes to being out in the woods.

They could add events tho......

Like for example some kind of arena... for instance, using Devil's Castle.

It would be something like, ppl who wanted to participate would have to go to Devil's Castle.

There would be a limit of players, like 10 or 15, selected from order of arrival or randomly, i don't know...

Then there would be a perimiter around the castle so that once the players are inside, they can't get out.. or the zombies...

Players would be teleported (if possible) inside the perimiter and then zombies would spawn constantly for a period of time...

Murders wouldn't be allowed, as the event would be supervised by an Admin.

Zombies would have a variety of good loots...

The players who could survive the event and get some good items would then be teleported to a random location to avoid being killed right after the event...

.... Yeah, i think that would be a pretty good event :DD

But endgame would be a little too mainstream :)

Please leave.

• Like 2

Either that or add bears/wolves/wild boars that are semi-aggressive, I've spent a lot of time in the woods in my life and I can assure you that nothings quite as disconcerting as waking up in the middle of the night and realizing your fire went out and there are hoof/paw sounds and snuffling breathing inside your camp.

i agree 100%. the wilderness is pretty much just scenery right now. and to add to your real life wilderness experience, it's also pretty disconcerting to be hiking up the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere in the dark and hearing something bear-sized or greater crashing around nearby. i've thankfully not had your camp invasion experience however, but i can imagine how intense that'd be.

Crafting???

Endgame???

Arena???

I'm still on the forum of what is essentially still an Arma mod, right? Please tell me, i didn't accidentally renew my subscription for WoW?........ :huh:

Edited by Mercator
  • Like 1

Dayz is like Eve Online.. there is no "end", the players decide their own paths and make their own decitions (sandbox).. of course there could be "events" made by the Dayz Dev in special dates or something like that, that will be great really.. but we need wait to have the final release first.

Edited by Übermensch

i think, in this context, "end game" means finished sandbox features. not molten core, blackwing lair, nightmare mode etc.

LF2M Cherno Sewers! Need tank (minimum gearscore of 10000 please!) and DPS (preferably heavy machine gunner)! Know the fights!

In all fairness, crafting or "jury rigging" which is mostly what it would be in the DayZ environment makes complete sense.

Building outwards on a limited UGC (user generated content) mesh system is an obvious expansion for beta and beyond.

I mean seriously if you could build a tree house in DayZ and store your crap in it, you'd think it was the shit.

Defensible constructions are a definite area of expansion the game needs, things that create survival incentive and goals beyond shooting Zeds or other players are important.

Cause as I've pointed out, I got a Coyote Backpack full of medical supplies, water bottles and free range steaks in it, I got a nice M4A1 and plenty of ammunition for it and a Colt 1911 and plenty of ammo for that...and if I die tonight, it really doesn't mean a damn thing to me cause I'll just build all that stuff back up again and...die again in a few more days.

There has to be some kind of incentive to survive, I think constructive crafting is an incentive. Let me build a lean to or a tree house or something and I'll defend it to the death (and still die eventually), but I've an incentive to try to stay alive...so I can defend what I built and what is mine.

Right now in DayZ, you don't OWN anything, you're just borrowing it til someone picks it up off your corpse. Game systems that engender a feeling of ownership and a need to protect ones assets would go a long way towards making DayZ more realistic....or at least as realistic as you can get in a game where you have "perma-death" but you can instantly respawn and try again....thats sort of a hilarious miuse of the term "perma-death" really.

Please leave.

Did you feel uncomfortable with anything i said?

If so... you should be the one to leave my friend ;)

Anyways, giving other ways of acess to weapons, would make this game a lot more active... instead of the conventional PVP hot spots...

There should be raids, like an endgame big ass mega hardcore badassery zombie boss who spawns adds from time to time requiring medics to fill their inventory with bloodbags and bandages. Also the boss is immune to the hatchet.

You just went full retard

Crafting???

Endgame???

Arena???

I'm still on the forum of what is essentially still an Arma mod, right? Please tell me, i didn't accidentally renew my subscription for WoW?........ :huh:

Na people are just getting anxious since well its been a few months or a month for some people and they just want more to do cause they have started comparing it to things like EVE or minecraft...so naturally they want more options and what not like in those games...which may happen but like i said...its only been a few months. With all the attention and the positive and negative that comes with being popular i would say DayZ is taking it well, it is advancing at a steady pace.

i think that if you rob and murder enough to get 10,000 flashlights you should be able to make a gun that shoots flashlights and if a player has a flashlight it does 60k damage and they dont have a flashlight it gives them a flashlight then 5 seconds later does 120k damage because they are foolish to not have a flashlight.

The Nerd rage is strong on this thread

i think that if you rob and murder enough to get 10,000 flashlights you should be able to make a gun that shoots flashlights and if a player has a flashlight it does 60k damage and they dont have a flashlight it gives them a flashlight then 5 seconds later does 120k damage because they are foolish to not have a flashlight.

The best post in this thread so far.

• Like 1

Base building. Land holds. Communication that doesn't involve methods measured in millimeters. Coup d'etats. Sustainability through bartering.

If you haven't figured it out, basically people getting together, setting up their bases, and building. And then, as time goes on, either people outside or inside the group killing those who lead the group, taking the leadership of the group or appointing someone else. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary for fun/power. Factions can eventually splinter off of each other, groups can lose sustainability and completely dissolve. Whatever the players really want to do with their groups to have fun.

Edited by KWilt

Did you feel uncomfortable with anything i said?

If so... you should be the one to leave my friend ;)

Anyways, giving other ways of acess to weapons, would make this game a lot more active... instead of the conventional PVP hot spots...

No. Unlike you, I value the realness and immersion of this game. You are giving suggestions to turn it into World of Warcraft, with arenas and events. You do not understand this game at all.

i think most these suggestions should be kept for DayZ2 or if dayZ becomes a full on seperate game MMO with an even larger map.. because remember its based on Arma2... this sounds more like WOW the way you are heading, would be interesting... but for now we should focus on smaller more achievable thigns

such as the flashlight gun, you can get SD flashlights too (military flashlights), but players will still hear it only zombies wont