rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

For those saying 6updater is a "be-all" installer, no it's not.

If there was a single exe that installed the dayz files, and the current compatible beta, plus all the startup options/backup and replacing of the exe, things would be better.

That way, we would always have the proper beta, and the devs could include the best version with each update.

Basically, you download and install dayzinstaller_1.7.2.3.exe, it includes AO Beta 94876.

If a new beta is released, the DayZ team either uses it for their next build, or releases a rolling update with the fixes they have so far, including the current compatible beta.

That way, we don't need to worry about installing the beta, and the devs know that whatever version we have installed is the same for everyone across the board. It would be way better than 6updater because it would always be paired with the correct beta version.

Please do this. :)

It was for me.....I downloaded it (6 updater). It installed dayZ and has consistantly and successfully installed all mod updates and ARMA beta patches. However with the latest beta patch I did have to manually re-install battle Eye Edited by playZ

However with the latest beta patch I did have to manually re-install battle Eye

And how did you do that exactly?? ^^

Tried doing it manually, but that didn't change a thing when trying to join servers, still "Bad player name"

Edited by Tenderness

And how did you do that exactly?? ^^

In your arma2 operation arrowhead folder there is a BEsetup folder. In there I just ran the Setup exe

I still have the bug where I lose all my items upon logging back in! I'M FUCKING FED UP FIX THIS SHIT

I still have the bug where I lose all my items upon logging back in! I'M FUCKING FED UP FIX THIS SHIT

The project is STILL in alpha state, yes we would like it to progress faster, but it's what it is and people should keep this in mind, alpha equal buggy most of the time, it's far from a final product.

Noticed static zombies last night, they just stood there. They made noises but just ignored anything around them. Not sure what caused them to do this as we stumbled into them - they were despawned after the player that spawned them shot my buddy disconnected - they didn't react to the shots at all.

I've encountered the static zombies a few times myself. I had always guessed they were someone elses zombies, and they had either left the area or were killed, but the zombies did not despawn. Althought just right now I cruised up to the NW AF on my 4 wheeler, took a quick drive by and saw no zombies (no zombies, no players in the direct area I usually assume). I found a crashed heli so I started to loot and load up the atv, I noticed zombies started spawning in the surrounding buildings like normal. But just as I make my final sweep to get out of there I look back and the dozen or so zombies that were spawned had now all stopped in their tracks, I figured something was up so I make a run for the quad but get gunned down by an M107 before I could react in time. So it seems to me these zombies should of disappeared but just stay on screen, that's why they may not react, because I've encounted a server hopper in the past and was tipped off by all the zombies in my immediate area despawning.

Is anyone else having problems with BattleEye giving errors due to "Bad Player Name" when joining servers?

I also get an error about a bad version when trying to join other servers.

I am running Beta Patch 95054 seeing as that is what SixUpdater gave me, but it seems like most servers are running 95057.

Anyone have this problem, and possibly found solutions for it? :)

Bad player name is adressed in latest beta 95099

Edited by Drogur

Dear rocket:

Can we get a fix for the "I'm a sissy and scream or whimper like a girl every time I shoot a gun" sound almost every time you shoot a gun? It's annoying to hear my guy whimpering and sometimes moaning in pain just from shooting a gun. Also today something interesting: was going shopping at the local supermarket and took care of some zeds along the way and apparently one hit me enough to do some slight damage (like 400 worth of blood loss) and my guy kept going every now and again "f**k that hurts" or moaning out in pain etc. and then...some of the zeds started doing the same thing, at first I thought another player was injured in the small town I was in but combed the area and nope, as I was leaving I heard some zeds "speaking" in the field complaining about it hurts and speaking with a British accent.

But yeah please fix the "I'm a sissy" sounds whenever you shoot a gun, it's annoying, distracting and quite frankly makes my character sound like a cry baby every time I shoot a weapon.

Why? Have you played 1.7.2.3 patch at all? Zombies spot yo (radomly i migfht add as this is the current params) from a long distance away, there is NOTHING you can do about it, even prone and still if you are in their sights they WILL make a run for you, these "eagle eyed" zeds are often 100+ meters away when other zeds hardly bother.

This has caused those who cant be bothered to spend 15 mintues stealthing to logically come to the conclusion you will be spotted "randomly" anyway so you just as well run everywhere and then cheese zombies (loose them by running through a building or round and round and round buildings) to then search the destination, rinse and repeat on the next town.

No longer is it worth sneaking for hours, which was all the fun.

You'd spend 20 mins running through a forest then 45min searching a town, a nice balance. Now its run run run, shoot a little run.(zzzzzzz) sneaking is pointless, yeah it can be done but why bother?

Try it yourself, you'll see the game is kind of broke now. I and many other old & new players feel the same.

We want hours of stealth (as it was, i too also would rarley shoot pre 1.7) with little to no shooting not DayZ - The Benny Hill Saga (cue benny hill theme.)

I play latest update and beta patch and have only encountered the Zed eagle eye problem once and it made sense to me. I crouch walked out of a barn and a large group of Zeds were in the field to my right and a Zed agroed on me from about 60m or more away. That's fair in my eyes as it makes it a bit more "realistic". If I can see them plain as day I don't know why they wouldn't be able to see me.

That was the only Zed I agroed because of sight yesterday the other was because I wanted to see if I could crouch walk past it with one bar of sound (at night).

So in my whole day of playing and looting probably 10 towns/areas I only agroed 2 zombies.

I like it the way it is. If the game were any easier it wouldn't be as fun.

My only complaint is the server not saving my item occasionally. Luckily it was only an entrenching tool that I found again but still.

Edited by Shaun of the Dead

Bad player name is adressed in latest beta 95099

Latest Beta deployed in SIX Launcher and Updater
  • Like 2

Aside of the loading time being TOO LONG as i said before in this post, one other bug is also freaking me out big time.

Got lots of broken bones by walking a little close to my friends in small areas like corridors (it's like we hit each other and BAM, broken bone).

This is something that also needs a fix.

And again, the loading screen!

Also as a suggestion for the future, it would be amazing if when we clicked twice in the backpack, we could actually see the items inside it (seeing the items in a more intuitive way, like when we're watching our weapons in the main inventory window). Right now we can only SEE the backpack items more clearly when we are looting stuff, it would be cool if we could do this anywhere, anytime. It's very helpful so we can keep track of how many free slots we have.

Edited by Fenrig

The newest patch basically changed nothing, it stop any player who has 95099 from ANY server with a lower beta version. I don't want to roll back because I don't know what things I may lose etc.

The newest patch basically changed nothing, it stop any player who has 95099 from ANY server with a lower beta version. I don't want to roll back because I don't know what things I may lose etc.

Then push forward Rouxies! No looking back! Take a breath of relief as you start a new adventure into the twisted world of DayZ. No longer bound by the shackles of your gear and the thought of losing it. Run wild in the streets!

Then push forward Rouxies! No looking back! Take a breath of relief as you start a new adventure into the twisted world of DayZ. No longer bound by the shackles of your gear and the thought of losing it. Run wild in the streets!

But that also includes my tents, and vehicles. Obviously losing loot is something that happens, but it seems vastly uneeded that I either lose my tents or lose all my on-player gear.

Why do we have to accept that its severely flawed, but try to fix it?

Line of Sight!!!

Stay out of it and you will not be seen.

Have you people never played hide and seek before? Did you ever walk in front of the person looking for you? If you did were you surprised when they saw you? Even from 50-100m away?

It is possible to sneak around but you have to be patient and sometimes do a massive arc to get to your target. The old method of being able to crawl past a Zed in broad daylight from 5m away was BS.

There are still issues, sure, but in my opinion it is slowly getting there.

If you want easy street where the Zeds are blind and deaf, play the game at night.

• Like 1

The zombies are horribly broken since 1.7.2.3 :/

The mod is far far too easy now. All the zombies just stand around and do nothing and you actually have to walk up to them for them to hit you. Sometimes they run but that's only the odd zombie and it normally takes you to run somewhere within 5meters of them for them to aggro or you just run right past them get about 40meters away then they come sprinting. The game is now just pure pvp because the zombies simply don't even do anything lol.

Would be nice to fix this again and have the zombies actually scarey again. For example far more of them in Electro and Cherno.. im talking like tonnes more. even 50+ more i would be happy with. The game should be about making one slip up and dying because of it. Then the whole walking in buildings thing would be worth it with 20+ zombies chasing you into a building from both sides. Would be amazing.

I've also noticed when in somewhere like Electro for long periods of time my FPS slowly drops from 70+ to about a solid 10fps. Causing me to have to relog so there is still some sort of serious memory leak. And i play with an i7 and GTX580.

Edited by Dez.
  • Like 1

The zombies are horribly broken since 1.7.2.3 :/

The mod is far far too easy now. All the zombies just stand around and do nothing and you actually have to walk up to them for them to hit you. Sometimes they run but that's only the odd zombie and it normally takes you to run somewhere within 5meters of them for them to aggro or you just run right past them get about 40meters away then they come sprinting. The game is now just pure pvp because the zombies simply don't even do anything lol.

Would be nice to fix this again and have the zombies actually scarey again. For example far more of them in Electro and Cherno.. im talking like tonnes more. even 50+ more i would be happy with. The game should be about making one slip up and dying because of it. Then the whole walking in buildings thing would be worth it with 20+ zombies chasing you into a building from both sides. Would be amazing.

I've also noticed when in somewhere like Electro for long periods of time my FPS slowly drops from 70+ to about a solid 10fps. Causing me to have to relog so there is still some sort of serious memory leak. And i play with an i7 and GTX580.

So your Zombies just stand around? They don't even move around?

If you want easy street where the Zeds are blind and deaf, play the game at night.

The Zeds are deaf in 1.7.2.3, genius. That's part of the general complaint. Nobody wants easy street, but atm the line of sight feels a bit random, and could use teaking. And there are the Infected that spawn in and stand frozen, not moving, not seeing.

Remember, it's only people that care who bother to even post.

• Like 1

I'm pretty cumptarded (computarded?) and I've been able to figure this out... here is all you have to do EVERY time...

This assumes you have it installed already!

1) Upgrade your Arma2 Beta to the latest... how? Use Arma2 Launcher and it will have a button in "launch options" to get the latest beta. Download and update. Its self explanatory.

You missed a step or two. You can't just choose latest beta. You have to check which one is working. Also don't forget to update your battleeye...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Okay - few bugs

Got M249 and M24 running with M249 - switch to M24 - have 200 rounds in "5 round" M24 magazine......dislike

Went to Lopatino with friends yesterday - 80% Of zombies are standing frozen - now we have nice "zombie friends photos", if u come close, they can hit.

Shoting even from rifles.....almost no agro at all ((((

It's kinda boring and pvp only now ( Almost infinite ammo for sniper rifle kills interest coz u can just lay down, make coffe and shoot shoot shoot and shoot

Weapon spawn on deer stands is good, almost had loot on every one, until one of my mates was silently killed and we didn't see anyone

i think these "eagle eye" zeds are not as badass as some make them sound, yes there might be flaws but they are still easily avoided and if you find its too easy to run through a server and sprint into town and loot then do just that, just try and avoid my crossairs because most likely you will be pegged down by someone if you are running around in the middle of the streets with a crew of zombies following. What i think is maybe add more zombies. That way your stuck shooting everything that followed you and make it more obvious to other players and then if you choose to run like a maniac other players can take you out.

I do think it's important that the game maintain a stealth aspect to it but i also think the game is straying away from its original focus of zombie killing. Also, There should be a bit more incentive to team up with people because at the moment incentive is to kill because there is a 98% chance he will try and kill you as soon as he gets the chance.

Running from nowhere zeds is funny)))) They keep me in good sport condition, or just nice shooting practice ))) And they are as fast as F-117 :-D

still IMHO zeds in 1.7.1.5 were perfect for this game

please, for the love of video makers, bring back all features for the editor. im no longer able to spawn in any type of units into the editor, it pretty much turned useless as of right now. i was in the middle of a huge (i mean huge as in im actually paying money to finish this project huge) project to make a dayz mini series (with voice actors, sound studios, visual effect studios the whole 9). now i cant continue my project because the editor is useless. from what i understand this is a try at stopping people from spawning in unwanted shit? but at what cost? and im sure it will still happen somehow. please please please fix this issue, it brought my entire project to a dead stop.

i dont want to roll back my game just to finish my project and not be able to play the game, i'll have to if it comes down to it, but dont make me do it :(

personal appeal, fix the editor again please :(

Played for some time without problems. Yesterday I logged off on US129. Today I tried to log in to FR34 but didn't work, then tried CZ01, I spawned in debug plains with no stuff with a message "Tigger has died". I killed the game quickly (in fear it would save my position to hive), respawned on another server (Can't check name, "I" doesn't work on it, strange) and I was on the beach in Kamenka with all my stuff.