rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Is anyone else having issues with first person/right clicking to get into it? Usually I can press right click twice to go into first person, or press 0 in the numpad to go into First Person, but its not working.

Beta Patch build: 94876

Seem to get stuck at "waiting for host" when using the 94945 arma 2 beta patch, Rolled back to 94876 & all fine again.

Played for 2-3 hours and really the only major problems I encountered were connectivity issues with the server.

There were some strange problems with zombies spawning and dissapearing and zombies spawning over and over again(after being killed).

All-in-all the latest update seems pretty smooth.

I cant join any servers :( most of them are red byt the ones that should work just says "wait for host" Help!

I can not load into any server as I get stuck on "Loading". I get to the games lobby, through character creation, and then it stays on loading.

I am running 1.7.2.3 with 94876 patch. I did the following:

- Re-installed Arma2, Arma2: Op. Arrow.

- Re-installed beta patch (94876, pertinent to most servers at the moment)

- Replaced Arma2.exe with patch exe

- Modified launch paramteres with: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

- Deleted "beta" folder in "expansions" before each reinstallation of the beta (i tried downloading the beta patch several times from different mirrors)

- Verified my versions match servers

- Re-installed Six Launcher and Worrom

- Tried launching with Six Launcher and Worrom and normally through Steam

- Restarted router/modem

- Verified firewalls were down and possible ports

- I have waited at this screen for as long as 40 minutes.

- I have tried 12 different servers and someone else in my house, on the same router and setup, is running perfectly fine (but did not have camo clothing)

The only suspicion I have is that I had camo clothing in my inventory and I understand it is tied to some significant bugs.

Edited by Onus

For those who are not having any issues with Ghillie suits or Camos.... Are your characters saving properly? Were guys wearing them before 1.7.2 / 1.7.2.3? If not, what were you doing when you put it on and did your character stay where they were when you logged out? Also, were you able to pick up items out of tents/vehicles?

Game loads fine for me @ 1.7.2.3. But the strangest thing happened to me just now.

I died yesterday in debug land when somebody shot me there. I respawned at the coast and logged out. Logged in today and suddenly I was in Novy Sobor in the middle of a house that I have never been inside with gear that I had 2-3 days and multiple lifes ago (DMR so I am not complaining). Very weird.

There were some strange problems with zombies spawning and dissapearing and zombies spawning over and over again(after being killed).

Saw the same thing happen a few times on several different servers tonight. Never saw it before now. An example: my buddy was up in a deer stand and a zombie kept spawning in right underneath it in front of our very eyes (which is not cool at all and totally breaks any feeling of immersion and realism).

And yeah, connections are taking appreciably longer tonight than they were the past couple of weeks previous. Lots and lots of waiting to connect and/or loading. And lots of servers that just got hung up on the loading screen. Not good, but I'm sure all will get ironed out soon.

And personally, I feel some zombies are definitely aggroing from quite ridiculous distances at times--though that minor gripe aside, all their other behaviors are now a lot more interesting and feel fairer and more organic...they're finally feeling less super-human as far as their senses go, and that's a really good thing! Feeling more like zombies now and like they're working only with some rudimentary, animalistic instincts. But I'm not a fan of them being able to run up hills now, while we can't. Makes no sense and doesn't seem right.

Finally, the game is definitely running smoother than ever lately! Absolutely awesome work on that front! :)

• Like 1

Game loads fine for me @ 1.7.2.3. But the strangest thing happened to me just now.

I died yesterday in debug land when somebody shot me there. I respawned at the coast and logged out. Logged in today and suddenly I was in Novy Sobor in the middle of a house that I have never been inside with gear that I had 2-3 days and multiple lifes ago (DMR so I am not complaining). Very weird.

I'm having same issue as well. Multiple character desync issues where I have died, or had multiple lives, yet on certain servers my gear and saves are rolled back 2-4 lives with different gear. I know which servers they are and intend to play on only them, so that if this sorts itself out im not stuck on "another life" in a different server with different gear in a different place.

Frequent spawns at beach as well with my gear, once without, once without gear in debug forest. Strange things are afoot.

So I logged into a server and i have no gear and i'm spawned at the beach with starting equipment... Why does this happen anyone know? I had really good gear, AS50 NVG GPS Rangefinder FN Fal.... I just don't get it.

Anyone know if it's posible to get my character back or did he just poof?

*Poof*

Collecting new gear is the most fun, anyway ;)

even if I downgrade to the beta patch before the latest I am still getting stuck at waiting for character to create.

So I logged into a server and i have no gear and i'm spawned at the beach with starting equipment... Why does this happen anyone know? I had really good gear, AS50 NVG GPS Rangefinder FN Fal.... I just don't get it.

Happened to me as well... last time I logged out I was with two friends near the Zub castle.

One of them spawned as normal, but I spawned on the beach at Kamenka with starting gear and had to run back up to meet him... ah well.

We were also unable to get meat off animals.

We could kill and gut them, but no 'take meat' or 'gear' option was available, we circled the carcass a number of times trying to get one to pop up... and after about 30 seconds the animal carcass just sunk into the ground and disappeared.

Edited by Ezkaton

Finally got to play, and I must say.. i am pleased with what i have experienced in the past 3 hours. Frame rate was pretty good and finally got to see lightning! LOL. Keep it up guys, looks like some progress has been made.. :)

Played allot Today after patch 5+ hours reactions.

Zombie vision is allot better now (really like addition of vision overal). Still see you if your not prone when near but allot less aggro from no where near anything. Think this is a mixture of 20% vision nerf with the bug fixes.

Still did not find a bear trap although this could be because went through limited farm buildings (not sure where they would spawn asuming farm).

Compared to last set of patches more zombies which makes things better

Still seem to find allot of guns spawn without ammo (not sure if this is intentional)

Ghillie suit can be put on did lose pack on one test ( put on an off like 5 times to test). Alice pack with gear disapeared then had a patrol pack with 8 of the items from alice pack. Much improved but still a bit buggy with them. Heard issues of lossed items after logged my friend tested logging with the ghille like 5 times no issues so far.

Overall still very happy to play with the patch and think it was a great improvement with just a few minor bugs.

my Server still has lots of Desync issues, with this patch.

It seems that I can eventually load into the rare server. However, if I disconnect and reconnect, my location is saved, but not my inventory. For example, I would log in and move to a pine tree and move some of my cokes into my bag. But, when I log back in, I am still at the pine tree but my inventory acts as though I did not move anything (my cokes are still in my immediate inventory). Also, my debug stats remain intact.

Here is what I previously posted:

I can not load into any server as I get stuck on "Loading". I get to the games lobby, through character creation, and then it stays on loading.

I am running 1.7.2.3 with 94876 patch. I did the following:

• Re-installed Arma2, Arma2: Op. Arrow.
  • Re-installed beta patch (94876, pertinent to most servers at the moment)
  • Replaced Arma2.exe with patch exe
  • Modified launch paramteres with: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz
  • Deleted "beta" folder in "expansions" before each reinstallation of the beta (i tried downloading the beta patch several times from different mirrors)
  • Verified my versions match servers
  • Re-installed Six Launcher and Worrom
  • Tried launching with Six Launcher and Worrom and normally through Steam
  • Restarted router/modem
  • Verified firewalls were down and possible ports
  • I have tried 12 servers and got the same issue. Also, someone else in my house on the same router and setup is running perfectly fine.
  • I have waited at this screen for as long as 40 minutes

The only suspicion I have is that I had camo clothing in my inventory and I understand it is tied to some significant bugs.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Edited by Onus

So I don't know if it was an act of god or just stupid luck but I played for like over an hour with my new character, gathered up tons of newbie gear (Lee Enfield, Revolver, map, knife, etc etc) and was playing a bit recklessly since I lost my AS50, NVG, GPS... after an hour or so of playing in Cherno I got popped in the head.

Lo and behold when I came back into a different server I had all my gear again at the same spot I was at last time! I have the AS50 and all previous gear at the same point I logged out originally...

Anyone have similar nightmarish experience? I wonder if I log out again if i''ll lose everything again...

Anyone have similar nightmarish experience? I wonder if I log out again if i''ll lose everything again...
I have a similar thing (got gear back that I had a few days ago) and I feel inclined to just head into the middle Elektro or Cherno to enjoy the gear before it disappears again.

my Server still has lots of Desync issues, with this patch.

i can confirm the heavy desync issues with 1.7.2.3. we (a group of 4) played on two different "lu" servers yesterday. some of us had to reconnect during our session because of minor lags. those who reconnected started to experience different day-times from those who were on the server all the time. while those who did not reconnect had deep night on the server, the others who reconnected still had sunny daytime. i was in deep night myself, then i reconnected too and it was instantly daytime after that.

these desyncs also caused some weird issues when driving with a car. it sometimes happened that one of our group mempers (who had deep night while others had daytime) was "teleported" out of the car to a location where we were driving trough maybe half a minuite before. so the player with different time on the server was "set-back" somehow to a previous location. we picked him up again and after a few minutes he was again set back to a location we were driving through a few seconds ago. then he reconnected, he switched from deep night to daytime too and then he wasnt teleported out of the car again...

Stuck at loading with 1.7.2.3 again. Worked fine wih 1.7.2.1, ArmaX user.

edit: I got into a server after quite a while at loading screen.

- Zombies spawn very late or not at all

- dead cow not lootable

- debug monitor doesn't show "visual" any more

- graphic bugs caused by barbed wire (have last been there at version prior to 1.7)

Edited by Jonson

So I don't know if it was an act of god or just stupid luck but I played for like over an hour with my new character, gathered up tons of newbie gear (Lee Enfield, Revolver, map, knife, etc etc) and was playing a bit recklessly since I lost my AS50, NVG, GPS... after an hour or so of playing in Cherno I got popped in the head.

Lo and behold when I came back into a different server I had all my gear again at the same spot I was at last time! I have the AS50 and all previous gear at the same point I logged out originally...

Maybe i should kill myself and eventually get my 1.7.1.5 gear back....

Stuck at loading with 1.7.2.3 again. Worked fine wih 1.7.2.1, ArmaX user.

Im not stuck on loading but it takes at least 3-5 mins to get ingame. Tried on differnt servers and after connecting first time to a server and the reconnect it also take so long. 1.7.1.5 just took me a few secs to connect

Does anyone else find that when you head towards a town or a barn, all the zombies in that town/barn area head towards you? I was on the outskirts of Zelen and there were 20+ zombies heading my way out on the field...