rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I don't think people like you understand something. The DayZ team do NOT get any money from Arma 2 sales. Not a dime. This is also an alpha game. Game-breaking bugs that frustrate the piss out of you ARE expected and WILL happen again. Until this game hits Beta, expect to lose all of your loot in a consistent manner. If you dont lose your loot upon each update, consider being lucky.

So many people expect this game to be perfect. It's ALPHA. It's technically not released. The mod by definition is NOT stable.

Another alpha yeller. He clearly gets it, it´s alpha blah blah. We all freaking get it. But he was talking about Arma 3 which will include Arma 3 version of dayZ.

• * [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

Currently the ammo isn't being tracked with 1.7.2.3 and each time someone logs in the magazines are full again.

All of the servers I played on today/yesterday kept track of ammo.

Another alpha yeller. He clearly gets it, it´s alpha blah blah. We all freaking get it. But he was talking about Arma 3 which will include Arma 3 version of dayZ.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware Arma 3 was out yet.

When that happened to me it was because I'd reformatted and needed to load both Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA individually before loading CO and DayZ.

Does anyone know if its possible to roll back from patch 94945 to 94873? (or w/e it was)

Delete the "beta" folder In /Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion and reinstall the patch you want

Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware Arma 3 was out yet.

.______.

are you troll? he´s talking about future...

.______.

What makes you think DayZ will be a purchasable part of Arma 3? Rocket and team want DayZ to be standalone, not another Arma mod.

What makes you think DayZ will be a purchasable part of Arma 3? Rocket and team want DayZ to be standalone, not another Arma mod.

there´s been talk about that Dayz will be part of Arma 3, im not entirely sure if it´s just random rumor, but were that the case or not, he´s talking about pretty much certain future where rocket and team will make tons of money with this.

There was an article from E3 that talked about porting DayZ into Arma 3.

BI developers have been working too hard with beta's, to see this go to a standalone.

There was an article from E3 that talked about porting DayZ into Arma 3.

There was also talk at Rezzed (which is more recent) about going standalone instead of being a mod.

there´s been talk about that Dayz will be part of Arma 3, im not entirely sure if it´s just random rumor, but were that the case or not, he´s talking about pretty much certain future where rocket and team will make tons of money with this.

Regardless, they make absolutely no money right now. Not sure what you're arguing here. When they .do. make money, sure, then you can bitch.

Last time I played was waaay before even 1.7.1.5. So I log in near Stary Sobor, my Ghille suit gone. I decided that I want to try out the new gun-less experience and promptly commit suicide after scaring some guy shitless unloading a few rounds of AK over his head (I was VERY surprised he didn't DC).

So here I am, on a coast near Elektro. No gun, no food, no problems. Perfect. See a guy with a gun, ignore him because why shouldn't I? Run on the outskirts of Elektro collecting TONS of shit, aggroing one zombie (and when I said I run I actually mean run around) whom I promptly lose near the docks. Find a dead body with Lee. 5 mins into the game and I have by backpack full of supplies, I have Lee and M1911, 3 knifes and 2 hatchets.

Go into a town trying to meet up with my friend. Think I see a guy with a gun and decide to shoot him so he won't endanger my gun-less friend. Apparently it was a bugged animation and I killed a new spawn. Feel bad about it. Surprisingly zombies don't agro when I fire my gun and zombies don't aggro when I run past them.

All in all I had like 4 zombies aggro me. In my opinion there IS an aggro problem but in reverse. They just don't aggro due to sound.

Otherwise great patch. Performance is smooth. Colors are vibrant. I love the gun-less spawn.

BI developers have been working too hard with beta's, to see this go to a standalone.

BI devs are not DayZ devs, therefore they really have no say here.

Regardless, they make absolutely no money right now. Not sure what you're arguing here. When they .do. make money, sure, then you can bitch.

Isn't Rocket a Bohemia employee? It would seem that they do get money from the arma 2 sales then? (although I could be mistaken, so don't shoot me)

.______.

And where has Rocket said that Arma 3 will include a version of DayZ?

Pretty sure that has never been said - happy to be proven wrong though.

• Like 1

BI devs are not DayZ devs, therefore they really have no say here.

rocket, however, works for BI. I have heard more talk about dayz being made part of arma 3 than making dayz standalone. Making it standalone means making enitrely new game. Do you realize how big thing that is, considering that dayz devs are not currently, at least directly, making any money with this?

Isn't Rocket a Bohemia employee? It would seem that they do get money from the arma 2 sales then? (although I could be mistaken, so don't shoot me)

He works on the Arma 3 multiplayer and therefore gets paid as a BI employee. He does not get paid to work on Dayz. The 2 are not one in the same.

Guys go back on track and comment recent patch.

Rocket has said several times that things will get bad before getting good so if you can not stand loosing your equipment due to patch, then you are free to leave and go play commercial products like Call of Duty and Battlefield 3 or whatever.

Btw you have paid for arma 2, you did not pay for DayZ.

And yes I realise that many people bought Arma 2 solely for DayZ, but if these people expected flawless experience of this Alpha stage mod, then they are rather naive.

• Like 7

And where has Rocket said that Arma 3 will include a version of DayZ?

Pretty sure that has never been said - happy to be proven wrong though.

my source is roosterteeth´s podcasts, (I think it was gus or burnie) I clearly remember them mentioning that there have been talk about it. Again, I am just telling what I have heard. but yeh, that´s my source. Could be that they are too just telling what they have heard, and this is just random rumor.

However, seeing how big thing dayZ has become, multiplying Arma 2 sells, it´d make sense for BI to want dayZ become part of Arma 3, some kind of thing between mod and standalone, and for team rocket I think making dayZ standalone would be way too huge project, unless they find funding for it.

edit: yeh I´ll shut up with this, its offtopic.

Edited by Eza

CZ01 and CZ02 servers are using 94945 beta patch. I cant connect to those servers, i just get battleye initilization failed message.

I can confirm these servers work with the latest Arma2 Beta patch (94945). Other servers don't work because the server owner has to manually update the BattlEye server client.

If you want to play on CZ01 and CZ01 you have to manually update your BattlEye client as well.

Just grab the latest DLL on the BattlEye Homepage http://www.battleye.com/download.html ( the one where it says v1.61.94945+)

and put the DLL inside C:\Users\*YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME*\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye on Vista and Win7

alternatively you can put it in your \Expansion\BattlEye folder inside your ARMA2 / ARMA2:OA directory.

This worked for me.

Edited by peters

I for one hope they do have the good sense to snap Rocket and his team up, if they have not already and incorporate DayZ into A3. They deserve to profit from their work considering how much fun is being had as a result of it. Well done guys, keep at it. :)

CZ01 and CZ02 servers are using 94945 beta patch. I cant connect to those servers, i just get battleye initilization failed message.

Go here http://www.battleye.com/download.html, download the correct one (v1.61.94945+) and copy and replace it in the correct folder - problem solved

*Implement A Running Attack For Zombies :).

Chase someone and try to hit while running :lol:

Go here http://www.battleye.com/download.html, download the correct one (v1.61.94945+) and copy and replace it in the correct folder - problem solved

I would just like to specify what the correct folder for Steam users is.

Steamapps \ common \ arma 2 operation arrowhead \ expansion \ battleye

Gonna try the latest beta with this manually updated Battleye.