rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

The range of zeds spawning should be fixed. Look at the airfield/town/elsewhere - there is the zeds? so must be a player near them. it's too easy to spot survivor with zeds help

yep, and I can't resist noticing it. if I see no zeds around, I know no ones there, and vice versa. other things too, like when all the zeds around disappear, it usually means someone just spawned right around there. the zeds that just stand there also seem to have something to do with other players being around

• Like 1

Thanks but i used the six updater now to claim my latest version of the game. I think that works?

Do what he told you to do, you need to update to the latest beta patch manually if it isn't working through sixupdater. Unless of course you don't want to play?

yep, and I can't resist noticing it. if I see no zeds around, I know no ones there, and vice versa. other things too, like when all the zeds around disappear, it usually means someone just spawned right around there. the zeds that just stand there also seem to have something to do with other players being around

Yep. Whose problem that you spawn in the middle of zeds? Right, it's yours. Logout in the wildness and no problem. So this shit with disappearing zeds on spawn should be removed.

So far, have not run into any bear-traps. YAY!

They do exist, honest ;P but they look unusual.

I found 2 in 10+ hours of play, they are fairly rare but no less so than anti tank or fences. Also they look like a pair of large (giant) false teeth (sharks.) fairly boxey looking (imagine a box with an arched top with alternate black & white triangles going up the side over the arch and back down, slightly smaller than a football., thats about as good a description i can give until you see them yourself and think no they look nothing like that :D )

Edited by Turk

Has the zeds ability to knock you over with 1 tickle and "break your legs" been nerfed?

If so it needs doing again.

Also could it be changed to being scratched, slashed, Wounded & Badly Wounded. (or some other 4 tier names.) rather than scratched, slashed, broken arm, broken leg to:-

Scratched = Loss of Blood.

Slashed = Bleeding - requires Bandage.

Wounded = Blood loss & Poor Aim - requires Painkillers.

Badly Wounded = Blood loss & Knocked over, Unable to stand - requires Morphine.

Breaking limbs is immersion eh breaking. As you can still climb ladders with a broke leg & taking morphine allows you to run.

Keep the same mechanics of all 4 "wounds" ie being knocked over & having to crawl etc just change the term & associated icon & noise.

Also Painkiller & (AND) Morphine??

Its 1 & the same thing, would it not be better to change painkillers to benzodiazepine.

Painkillers atm stop the 1st person view shakes from a broke arm, so realy it seems more like nerves that are calmed.

This could open up future uses for benzodiazepines re humanity and any other psychosomatic mechanic with possible addiction (such as Fallout3) same for morphine of course.

Thanks but i used the six updater now to claim my latest version of the game. I think that works?

Six Updater works very well but should you wish to try a different beta patch of ArmA2 it is extremely easy to swap.

1.Download whatever patch version of ArmA2 you want from here -> http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

2.Then locate the "Beta" folder located in the Expansion folder. found in the same directory as the ARMA 2 Combined Operations.exe

Here C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion (or in the Steam Commons folder which would look something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion

3.Zip or rar that Beta folder (incase anything goes wrong.) & delete the folder.

4.Instal the patch.

5. Now nstead of using Six Launcher to start ArmA2 use Six Updater (as Updater requires a manual selection to update unlike Launcher which auto updates everything) so use Six Updater to launch the game from the usual method of right clicking the Green DayZ mod in the left hand list and selecting Launch Game not Update/Launch like you may have done.

6.Njoi.

Just use SixUpdater for DayZ mod control.

Edited by Turk

So far not liking this patch.

Running 1.7.2.3 with Beta 95208.

So far, have had issues working with the inventory sync timer(s).

Changing servers too soon after picking something up or discarding something will result in what seems to be a rollback.

So losing one off items and duplicating others.

Had an instance of losing a whole inventory, mid game.

No looting, just standing in a supermarket looking around, and all of a sudden, every item disappears from inventory, with exception of backpack and toolbelt.

Logged out and back in to same server, items are still there.

Have just recently had an instadeath, courtesy of what seems like a server desync issue.

Yellow link and a desync value of 100000, ran to cover to wait it out, 2 minutes later, instant death screen.

Logged out and back in, no change, on the beach. Unpleasant.

I'll be honest, I regret updating from 1.7.1.5

Stability is worse, inventory system is worse, zombie behaviour is worse.

I hope there's a patch around the corner, having more bugs than gameplay is severely effecting the experience.

Please dont forget to put back ghillie suits / camo suits into the loot tables with the next update rocket

Me and my friends were playing with the new patch and this is our conclusion:

1.Zombie Behaviour Heightened - Zombies aggro more.

2.Easy To Spot Survivors - Like another sir mentioned, if you see Zeds around a city/town/village, there is bound to be a survivor. This should be countered with the ability that if a survivor is x meters away (like 1000-2000) the zeds already spawn, so that snipers cant view a city and see if Zeds have already spawned there, likely having a survivor there.

3.Syncing Fixed.

4.Bear Traps Hard To Find.

5.Ammo Tracking Bugged - Ammo refills if you reconnect.

6.Loot Disappeared - Sometimes when we loot a place, the loot is already gone, even the tin cans and rubble.

7.Players Still ALT+F4.

8.Random Spawn After Connecting - If you sometimes disconnect from a game and reconnect you will spawn in a different location than you logged out.

9.Random Zombie Spawning - Sometimes Zeds spawn randomly next to you or in packs. Example - The Northern Airfield was completely empty. I started to run over the airstrip to loot. As soon as i set my foot on the airstrip, about 8 Zeds spawned and all aggrod on me, luckily i survived, but this is clearly a bug.

I hope this was helpful and informative. The game still ROCKS! Good luck devs :).

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1

What happens if my internet drops out? Which it often does, and I get D/C'd? Will it be able to tell so I don't get smote by lightning from the game thinking I'm escaping? There is no good way to fix the D/C issue. It is a game, games can be turned off, internet can be disconnected. I can run it windowed and just ALT+Tab and hit the close button. There are too many clever ways to D/C without intrusive measures. Perhaps if people die they just simply drop all of their stuff instantly, before any D/C. A little strange, but at least it won't be attached to a dissapearing body. It might also be buggy, but you have a better chance to get loot.

I also agree that there are bigger problems. So what if people do it often? Resource spawns are really high and you can get anything without ever seeing a person. Looting dead bodies is extremely far from necesary. It's not game breaking. The Zombie part of the Zombie Apocalypse Survival is what needs the most attention in my opinion. This isn't Bandit Survival after all.

This.

It's impossible to work on a solution on ALT F4 and server hopping UNLESS it changes the way the save system works OR makes a punishment. But if it DOES make a punishment,people will lose it's gear if the street is having a blackout or the internet goes down.

And i'm sure rocket's solution is door number two.

Also,zombies are EXTREMELY buggy at this version. Yesterday and Today me and my IRL friend looted the entire Cherno (yes,we DID find players and managed to survive) and almost all the zombies were standing still,screaming. And the ones who were not,they would aggro but then disaggro within a few seconds. So basically,it's not a zombie simulator anymore.

Edited by vanden1989
  • Like 1

I was at my first helicopter crash all alone.

So I killed all the Zeds around it, which was a though fight, but it got even harder when all of them respawned while I looted the heli. They spawned like 3 mins after their death. The problem was that I was right in the middle of them. They spawned 2m away from me! Please fix this. I'm glad that I was able to survive that O_O

yep, that happened to me. then when I was walking away, looking back, I saw like 8 more pour out of it. then after getting far away, I realized I forgot to pick up some FAL rounds I saw. I went back and no zeds were there and no more respawned. weird...

My observations on latest patch.

Server Issues:

1. Tents are still unreliable. We have tried and cannot figure out when they actually save their inventories.

2. Zombies do spawn rather erratically, and sometimes they are broken and stuck in place.

3. Loot spawns are better, but are still often broken. Just ran through Elektro on US 236 (all of it) fresh spawn, and not a single useful item in firehouse, grocery store, 2 high yields, church and 3 cottages.

4. Our very remote camp had three vehicles before 6PM. Server restarted and 15 min later all vehicles were gone. They were saved multiple times by multiple users.

5. Z glitched out and spawned ON ME while walking through a door. Broke my legs. I saw him suddenly appear directly infront of me for a split second, legs broke, life down to 6k, and then he was gone. Ninja Zed.

6. PVP and sync is much better.

7. Often get ren and yellow chains. May pertain to quality of server.

8. Zeds are deaf. At least they have hawk eyes. I think a good balance would be to turn down the site by 25% and increase the audible range by 25% or so.

9. Less hackers since 208.

10. A few times, on Veteran servers, I was hearing people talking in chat. Last time I heard that they were in Stary, and I spawned in Berezino. I have no idea how or why.

Thats all for now...

• Like 2

On a side note. The way servers are handled is kind of a mess. I'm sure you are aware, but a lot of server hosters are doing some pretty douchy stuff thats not allowed, and no one is really enforcing. Not sure how to fix it. You hosting them is too much on your plate while your developing, but if you look at games like WoW and Diablo 3, they host their own servers because people invest lots of time and even money into building their characters and they don't want to leave the gaming experience in the hands of some random hoster. I get it, right now, neither time nor money could be put into this, but something to consider considering the popularity of the game.

Servers seem to be desyncing a bit more, and there have been some log-out/in issues with gear.

Crowbars are still buggy, as far as I can tell.

Also I've been experiencing a lack of loot respawns in certain areas. I was at some apartments and the place was completely empty save a few backpacks.

Servers seem to be desyncing a bit more, and there have been some log-out/in issues with gear.

Crowbars are still buggy, as far as I can tell.

Also I've been experiencing a lack of loot respawns in certain areas. I was at some apartments and the place was completely empty save a few backpacks.

I;ve noticed that even when there is no loot or only trash loot, backpacks are always there. They don't spawn and despawn the same way other loot does.

8. Zeds are deaf. At least they have hawk eyes. I think a good balance would be to turn down the site by 25% and increase the audible range by 25% or so.

I can assure you they're not. I was crouch walking through Balota itself and a Zed 15-20m away heard me with one bar of sound and agro'd on me instantly despite it being pitch black.

Hmmm..i've had an interesting few days with the recent patch.

There i was with a week old character all geared up and having just successfully raided the NW Airfield. Happy with a successful day i logged off.

The next day upon log on i was greeted with the Do you want to be male or female screen - oops i thought as i respawned on the beach near Cherno. I assumed something had happened and my character was wiped. Not bummed out at all i found a nearby bike and had a whale of a time raiding Cherno and all the fun that brings. After another day i logged off.

The next day and there i am again back in the bushes near the NW airfield - my previous weel old character seemingly untouched.

Do i now have two characters on the go? If i log on again where will i be - near the church at Cherno or on the outskirts of the NW Airfield?

I have noticed a few others have this problem - is there any explanation?

I;ve noticed that even when there is no loot or only trash loot, backpacks are always there. They don't spawn and despawn the same way other loot does.

Huh... that's pretty interesting, and probably worth looking into.

I can assure you they're not. I was crouch walking through Balota itself and a Zed 15-20m away heard me with one bar of sound and agro'd on me instantly despite it being pitch black.

Compared to previus version they are deaf like rock. Now actually you can pretty safe use Enfield in cities. Anyway zombies are so easy to lose in buildings. I really miss the old stubborn zeds.

Hmmm..i've had an interesting few days with the recent patch.

There i was with a week old character all geared up and having just successfully raided the NW Airfield. Happy with a successful day i logged off.

The next day upon log on i was greeted with the Do you want to be male or female screen - oops i thought as i respawned on the beach near Cherno. I assumed something had happened and my character was wiped. Not bummed out at all i found a nearby bike and had a whale of a time raiding Cherno and all the fun that brings. After another day i logged off.

The next day and there i am again back in the bushes near the NW airfield - my previous weel old character seemingly untouched.

Do i now have two characters on the go? If i log on again where will i be - near the church at Cherno or on the outskirts of the NW Airfield?

I have noticed a few others have this problem - is there any explanation?

You probably join one of server not connect to the hive ->so your progress isnt save in main hive -> yeah it is like second local character.

Edited by Sarissofoi

So im back from a vacation and see that there are plenty of new hotfixes since 1.7.2. Everything seems fine, besides the Zeds...they act a little strange. But last night something weird happend to me. As i was walking in the outskirts of elektro, i got the " No message received in 10 sec" and everything stopped. Shortly after that it got back to normal. I continue to walk for like 2 - 3 meters and suddenly felt over and died.

I did not hear any gunshot OR any hit sound for that matter. I felt pretty safe from snipers, as i had buildings surrounding me for 360 degrees. I have played this game for 2 month now and that has never happend to me. It just felt weird.

Anybody have similar experience with this?

I have a weird one. I killed a guy, took his backpack with m107, than it dissapeared after logout, no big deal, yesterday me and my group killed 2 guys at NWAF, from first body i took fn fal, it dissapeared after logout-break in woods, then we killed another guy, he had m24 which i also took to my backpack, when i logged out and logged back in near devil's castle it dissapeared again, no biggie too, because we spotted heli-crash. Again, i came over there and took DMR, after next logout and log-in it also dissapeared, weapon always dissapear from my backpack but ammo for it stays there, thats so frustrating since i always need to drop some meat or something else from my backpack to pick gun, and then after 30mins of game when we take a break and log out, when i come back in i have no weapon and no dropped stuff -_-

I have a weird one. I killed a guy, took his backpack with m107, than it dissapeared after logout, no big deal, yesterday me and my group killed 2 guys at NWAF, from first body i took fn fal, it dissapeared after logout-break in woods, then we killed another guy, he had m24 which i also took to my backpack, when i logged out and logged back in near devil's castle it dissapeared again, no biggie too, because we spotted heli-crash. Again, i came over there and took DMR, after next logout and log-in it also dissapeared, weapon always dissapear from my backpack but ammo for it stays there, thats so frustrating since i always need to drop some meat or something else from my backpack to pick gun, and then after 30mins of game when we take a break and log out, when i come back in i have no weapon and no dropped stuff -_-

I can definetly confirm this. Few days ago I found M16A2 from power plant firestation. Since I had been using M16A4 ACOG as my primary weapon for the past few days, I decided that the A2 would be a great addition to my arsenal as a short range weapon because it is awfully tricky to aim at anything with 4x scope when you and your target are inside the same building. Anyway, I had it in my backpack until we kept a short break and logged off for about 10-15 minutes. When I logged back in the M16A2 was gone. I can't say about any of the other items since I didn't really memorize what stuff I used to have in my backpack when I logged off.

Today the same bug was repeated. I killed a guy, went in and looted him. He had M16A2 in his ALICE and I decided to grab it for the same reason as few days ago. So I dropped about 4 magazines of M16 ammo, painkillers and a can of food to make room for the weapon. Then I put the A2 into my coyote backpack (no not the patrol pack, the actual 24 slot backpack) and switched between it and my A4 few times to see if that some how had caused it to dissappear last time instead of the logging off, you know just testing 'couse isn't that why we are here, right?. I kept on playing about 20-30 minutes and then I decided to see if the weapon would disappear from my backpack. I disconnected to lobby and joined right back in. On my belt everything was just as it used to be, but in my backpack the A2 had gone and but the food and painkillers were back.

In my oppinion the weapons disappearing from backpack isn't that of a major problem at the moment since you can easily avoid it by simply not carrying extra weapons in your backpack and I have already lost so many weapons because of bugs and gliches that I don't simply care anymore. But like I said, I am here just to confirm this bug.

Are servers supposed to be hacking the time so it is always daylight? its getting really annoying the number of night servers have decreased and Zeds see better in daylight now.