rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

So much hate in these forums.. I can't see any post here that isn't arguing.

• Like 1

I'm just calling a guy out for blatant abuse of an exploit in game which is ruining "my" game experience,

using disc to avoid death should be a permaban punishment (and the disc should be blocked, so the guy die, and he get ban after xD) !

Yesh and kill their cat, key their car and put glass in their food. Reality check anyone?

It is not a bannable "offence" (drama queens), it is an exploit that is being patch fixed.

You maybe need some perspective.

Heres something that you should be moaning about http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34871-banned-from-de95-for-stealing-the-admins-heli/

Edited by Turk
  • Like 2

Once again my spawn bugged this time though i was caught up in server restart. I was on the field next to NW airfield, and when i logged back i was in fking Cherno, Rocket pls oh pretty pls fix bugs before you go out making bear traps and shit like that....

Rocket had to design the bear traps to keep people out of his super secret DevTest Fortress, let the man prioritize his privacy.

• Like 3

The server i play has a message when i log in saying that it restarts every 8 hours. One question, do server restarts make vehicles/tents disappear? Or did i just get robbed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Fenrig

Two days ago I went from Kamenka to Pusta and signed off around Pusta. Logged back in today and I'm back in Bor. Server didn't save the 15-30 minutes it took for me to loot and wander my way over to Pusta.

The server i play has a message when i log in saying that it restarts every 8 hours. One question, do server restarts make vehicles/tents disappear? Or did i just get robbed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I play on a server that restarts on a regular basis (I think every 6 hours).

Tents respawn on their original position. So if you remove a tent and place it on a new position, you're duplicating it.

Wires, steel hedgehogs and sandbags respawn on their original position.

There was something similar with a vehicle, but somehow it's gone for me now.

Items in tents are like roulette. Sometimes they disappear, change etc. I think if you place your items some hours before server restart, than you're fine. It's still pretty random for me.

• Like 1

Vehicles, tents and traps don't respawn on server restart unless they are destroyed (vechicles). But you have to save them when you find/place them so that hive would remember them, even if you drive around in a vechicle and you don't click save it will disappear when server restarts (happened to me). I guess it's same with tents.

I tried it and it didn't for me, i had to hit escape first before alt f4.

Hate it though. We got raided yesterday found the little buggers that did it surrounded their camp while they were home started shooting all but 1 managed to log off before the murders were given.

I keep reading about players saying the latest arma beta's fix red and yellow chains, but me and friends have them at least 4/5 times an hour appearing. Are we frequenting the wrong servers or are people being lucky/expressing wishful thinking ?

I tried it and it didn't for me, i had to hit escape first before alt f4.

Hate it though. We got raided yesterday found the little buggers that did it surrounded their camp while they were home started shooting all but 1 managed to log off before the murders were given.

Well there you go, shows how often i don't altf4 if it dosen't work cos i didn't know that (obviously those who do are more likely to have attempted to use the exploit) - now can people put the pitchforks away, I am not the droid you are looking for. Iknow you want someone to burn at the stake but its not me, please remove me from your anti altf4 witch hunt campaign.

• Like 1

Why does the .45 revolver kill zombies at 1 shot but the 1911 .45 doesnt?? Is this seriously one of the changes?

The revolver has a longer effective range I believe. The 1911 still takes them down in one shot to the body within 50m.

I was at my first helicopter crash all alone.

So I killed all the Zeds around it, which was a though fight, but it got even harder when all of them respawned while I looted the heli. They spawned like 3 mins after their death. The problem was that I was right in the middle of them. They spawned 2m away from me! Please fix this. I'm glad that I was able to survive that O_O

• Like 1

The m1911 still is a one-hit kill, maybe you had a lag issue.

As for the random zombie spawns.. I agree.

It's odd seeing them spawn randomly in fields as I'm running past and occasionally they appear right next to me as if by magic.

Other than that, it's been a great update.

id be so happyif anyone could tell me why i cant join any server. All the servers require a later version of the dayz mod and my game is older then all the required versions..

id be so happyif anyone could tell me why i cant join any server. All the servers require a later version of the dayz mod and my game is older then all the required versions..

install the required arma 2 beta:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Right at the bottom of your serverbrowser stands a version number like: 1.61.95547. 95547 would be the required patch.

The range of zeds spawning should be fixed. Look at the airfield/town/elsewhere - there is the zeds? so must be a player near them. it's too easy to spot survivor with zeds help

Edited by cynic.pro

install the required arma 2 beta:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Right at the bottom of your serverbrowser stands a version number like: 1.61.95547. 95547 would be the required patch.

Thanks but i used the six updater now to claim my latest version of the game. I think that works?