rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

This patch still erases skins on login. Haven't logged in since 1.7.1.5, logged in today under 1.7.2.3 and my ghillie was gone. Be wary!

Also, patch is stable, I noticed a few minor bugs in zombie AI and even had a "Ghost Zombie" that quickly spawned/despawned but was still emiting noise.

Edited by FunkyHermitCrab

anypony else getting stuck on waiting for host on all servers?

I am and would really like to know if it's the patch or something I did on my side =/

Logged out a few hours ago at Stary Sobor.

Updated 20 minutes ago.

Managed to log on to a server just now.

Fresh. On the beach. I do not approve. :P

Same here.

I wonder if anyone already knows if cars and tents are still in place?

I don't want to walk all the way if they got wiped anyways...

Um, yes it is? What incompetence are you talking about?

Well, to be fair. I am incompetent when faced with the current issues.

But, there are few people in the world who have had to deal with such a rapid explosion of a mod, that is part MMO and part shooter. Minecraft struggled and their central server only handled authentication. So yes, the team and I are incompetent at this. But we're learning, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But we're breaking new ground. Not even counter-strike or DOTA had to deal with the issues we are. Minecraft hit 500k users in a year, we hit that in under 3 months.

So yeah, its something of a miracle that the mod even works every minute you are playing it.

• Like 29

anyone else getting stuck on waiting for host on all servers?

I was also wondering this same thing. I haven't tried updating yet but I saw many users reporting this problem (in my head it's like 5 out of 10)

Those getting this, what file versions are you using? meaning both DayZ and beta patch.

And what were you using before you upgraded?

I myself had similar problems when 1.7.2 first came out... I was stuck on "Loading" so i reverted back into 1.7.1.5 since then.

Does the Six Launcher update the beta files as well as the mod?

And how long does it take for servers to start updating? I only have 3 or 4 updated servers close to my area and they are all full.

in 6Updater ......click on Mods ... Beta is right at the bottom. Right click and follow Updater Actions to Update or Install mods

works fine for me

Some people happen to find yourself start over from 0, after the update at 1.7.2.3? I have lost all same at die and found myself on the beach with nothing. lost all 15 day playing... -_-

Besides my wiped char, the patch really runs smoothly as hell. Just want to know if there is any way for me to retrieve my char, or if it is just some kind of DB delay on updating my char... If there isn't any hope of getting the items back I should move on, otherwise I won't log in till I get this answer!!!

DayZ 1.7.2.3

Beta .94945

ArmA2 CO + PMC + BAF Steam versions.

Can't connect to any server. Stuck at waiting for host.

Edited by EliJRn

v1.7.2.3 and beta patch 94876 are working fine for me. However, I am getting a lot of 'frozen' zombies, killing zombies is not added to my debug monitor and also I had to reload my hatchet.

Forgive me if these are known issues, I haven't played for a few versions.

Next step I'm looking at is moving back to 94945, didnt work for me before however some people are now seemingly able to play with it and others still are not.

I just find it funny people are asking for rollbacks druing an alpha test.

v1.7.2.3 and beta patch 94876 are working fine. Running both on US85 and seems stable.

Works a charm for me. Quick to load, no problems with joining a server, all my gear is intact and I have better performance than ever.. only problem is with the white flashing on the ground which I get no matter what server I join.

(https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36631)

Just logged in using 1.7.2.3 and 94876. I still have all my gear and I'm exactly where I was when I logged out last night on 1.7.2. I downloaded everything manually, BTW, no Six Updater or anything.

Edited by TheProphecy

Edward,

Did you click on either Male/Female?

I had the same thing on 1.7.2.1 when I should have been safe. Disconnected and connected to a different server and all was safe.

Ah shoot! I had a tiny angel voice saying "doooon't clicccckkkk! yooouuu haaavveee a commmpppaaasss mmaaaaappp & laaarrrrggee paaaaccckkkk" but I ignored the voice. I clicked on male. I'm a dumbie. Thanks for that info, though!

Logged out a few hours ago at Stary Sobor.

Updated 20 minutes ago.

Managed to log on to a server just now.

Fresh. On the beach. I do not approve. :P

feel your pain. Lost revolver, 5 rounds to it, all my food, supplies, 40 slugs to my winchester and alice pack... and I just had got them after two hours of gameplay!

I know it´s alpha, stop saying that, I still can haz my frustration, it´s just that I´d liked to do a bit more stuff with my gear before losing them, and I´d have easily accepted losing them to another player or zombies, but to lose it to another broken update? come on... frustrating is frustrating, you alpha yellers shut up. And no, I have not even touched modern warfare or wow, so yeah, nothing to "go back" to.

if a man is frustrated, he rants. thats it. And after that he wastes another hour or two to get those items.

Where can I download dayz_code_v1.7.2.2? Becouse not all server is updated to 1.7.2.3 and six updater is update my dayz to 1.7.2.3 and I can't play on BE1 server. Can someone upload and give link to dayz_code_v1.7.2.2 please?

Well, to be fair. I am incompetent when faced with the current issues.

But, there are few people in the world who have had to deal with such a rapid explosion of a mod, that is part MMO and part shooter. Minecraft struggled and their central server only handled authentication. So yes, the team and I are incompetent at this. But we're learning, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But we're breaking new ground. Not even counter-strike or DOTA had to deal with the issues we are. Minecraft hit 500k users in a year, we hit that in under 3 months.

So yeah, its something of a miracle that the mod even works every minute you are playing it.

:D ok Rocket all good works, but Unlike others, you started with a solid basis in fact as a Arma 2 - heheheh, but its all good work, apart from that I just lost everything hahahah :D

Those who "lost" your characters.

They weren't lost, they weren't transferred due to the change in PlayerID and PlayerUID. Vipeax is going to run the transfer query for me now... this will move those old characters who weren't listed with a playerUID (string) for those who "lost" their characters.

• Like 1

This is what needs to happen -- it will have to happen as the mod gets closer to standalone, but might as well start doing it now.

Instead of pushing things out haphazardly, use a daily, bi-daily or weekly downtime, like EVE does, to update. Every server will have to update, or shut down until it is updated. Every user will have to update on login, or not play.

I support this. It would be an inconvenience for server admins and players, but the upside is that there is no longer a fractured server and playerbase using outdated versions. Let's face it, the people / servers still running 1.6 are no longer involved in testing the game at all. They are merely along for the ride, offering little or nothing to contribute toward the development of the game.

Those who "lost" your characters.

They weren't lost, they weren't transferred due to the change in PlayerID and PlayerUID. Vipeax is going to run the transfer query for me now... this will move those old characters who weren't listed with a playerUID (string) for those who "lost" their characters.

41177 characters were affected by this and have been transferred.

• Like 1