rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I hope this doesnt get lost in all the replies to this thread and i hope i am not just repeating something someone else already said:

I have had a problem with bear traps. I set one, but didnt like where it was so i picked it up and moved it somewhere else. The problem is when i walked over the original spot i had set it, it broke my leg--even though it wasnt there anymore--. I used some morphine and walked back to the spot to investigate and it happened again.

It reminds me of the tent bug, where you can place one, move it and the original placement respawns as well as the new placement.

Getting annoying stutter now that wasn't present in the last patch. Doubt its hardware related (i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, GTX580, 1080p medium settings). It's not lag (getting over 90fps everywhere), but sort of a microstutter when I'm moving around. Extremely annoying and its not present in single player.

I've seen that, but only on certain servers. have you tried other servers?

Okay so zombies still a little buggy but nothing you cant fix with a few little updates for example being prone and the zombies facing the other way at maybe i dunno 50 - 60 yards while im not moving and getting aggro now and again that way.

Servers still very unstable constant connection problems, i dont know if this is by the patch or what but still getting stuck at loading and creating character on all servers i try and occasionaly getting into one after 5 - 6 minutes waiting

Erm unable to pick up some ammo at stary on several occasions i dont know if this was an area bug or what but it was tried on a few different LU servers and still couldnt pick up some stuff

Also id like to report something else too,

Story as follows: I go to stary after finding a bike notice that there is a few people in the area so i go for the kill ( no problem )

There both in tents either side of each other, so i fire a few revolver rounds to hopefully spook one out of hiding he runs out i put 10 m4a1 bullets into him with semi fire he goes down it registers as a murder ( still no problem )

I then look for the second man in the opposite tent i look through the mesh windows bingo i find him, i put 15 m4a1 bul;lets nto him through the tent mesh i see the blood come out but no murder register ( start of the problem )

So i use my only opening and see he turns around faceing where i was shooting from so i rush the front of the tent put 15 bullets again into him and he drops i hear his leg break so im thinking okay 10 more rounds to the head to make sure ( no problem, NO big problem )

A 3rd friend of his shows up puts me to 5000 blood with a few rounds of a revolver, so im thinking fine the guy in the tent next me me has nearly 2 primary m4a1 mags in him there is no way he is getting back up because he has to be dead, well no he stands back up and puts 2 bullets in me im dead...

Now dying because i missjudge something fine, dying because im being too stupid fine, dying because im running through chern firing a DMR to attract everythiing throwing grenades fine!

But dying because of a bug is not fine i understand its alpha which is why im reporting this but something isnt working correctly.

I made sure my bullets hit POINT BLANK so its not because im a rubbish aim, i hear his leg break after my first 30 shots and him hit the ground, but the death didnt register and he stood back up so bullets are not reging properly or i dont know please take a look.

Thanks for all the effort tho i love the mod cant wait to see it finished, on another note i wouldnt mind seeing more responses from yourself even if there PM's just so we know your listening :)

Getting annoying stutter now that wasn't present in the last patch. Doubt its hardware related (i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, GTX580, 1080p medium settings). It's not lag (getting over 90fps everywhere), but sort of a microstutter when I'm moving around. Extremely annoying and its not present in single player.

Same here. It's happening quite frequently.

I've seen that, but only on certain servers. have you tried other servers?

Yeah its fine on some servers. Not sure what the issue is.

i wouldnt mind seeing more responses from yourself even if there PM's just so we know your listening :)

With 600k + players and rising by 10-20k per day, and with 55,000+ members on this forum alone, I really dont think thats a realistic request..do you?

Rest assured rocket and others have said they do read and take on board what people post as long as its short, constructive, relevant and to the point.

Edited by mjr_havok

Performance seems to be degrading after some time playing the game. I got to a point that it was impossible to play, lagging like crazy, had to disconnect and connect again a few times just to get things running smooth again.

Don't know if this was a problem with the server or something, but the problem was definitely there!

Loading screen lasts for ages, at least on the servers I've played.

Graphic glitches still happening when you look in the direction of already placed wire fences.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 1

Ok another few hours playtime on 1.7.2.3 and 94876

Few odd glitches . more like artifacts than anything else so probably me

Not found any oddities with putting stuff up or down

Its mostly working

Found clicking too quick re drinks the same can of pepsi even though its not there.

Usual acp-1911 swapout still works when it shouldn't.

Zombie single hits can still cause broken bone with bleeding but its not all the time.

Zombie detection is borked you can be sneaking away and one a hundred yards away comes galloping in yet the ones nearby ignore you.

Gunfire doesn't seem to bring them running like it used to. I fired an AKM in the flats and i got 2 infected ??.

Walking upstairs in the apartments still brings them running for some strange reason

My friend was upstairs and he moved about three feet in crouch walk on the third floor and three came in the door as the responce

They just seem a bit tame when your out and about atm needing upping a touch maybe

Performance degraded for my friend after a couple hrs play he had to reload to get his fps back up again

That's about it for now ill report more later

Edited by Chimaera
  • Like 1

[...]

I then look for the second man in the opposite tent i look through the mesh windows bingo i find him, i put 15 m4a1 bul;lets nto him through the tent mesh i see the blood come out but no murder register ( start of the problem )

So i use my only opening and see he turns around faceing where i was shooting from so i rush the front of the tent put 15 bullets again into him and he drops i hear his leg break so im thinking okay 10 more rounds to the head to make sure ( no problem, NO big problem )

A 3rd friend of his shows up puts me to 5000 blood with a few rounds of a revolver, so im thinking fine the guy in the tent next me me has nearly 2 primary m4a1 mags in him there is no way he is getting back up because he has to be dead, well no he stands back up and puts 2 bullets in me im dead...

Now dying because i missjudge something fine, dying because im being too stupid fine, dying because im running through chern firing a DMR to attract everythiing throwing grenades fine!

But dying because of a bug is not fine i understand its alpha which is why im reporting this but something isnt working correctly.

I made sure my bullets hit POINT BLANK so its not because im a rubbish aim, i hear his leg break after my first 30 shots and him hit the ground, but the death didnt register and he stood back up so bullets are not reging properly or i dont know please take a look.

Thanks for all the effort tho i love the mod cant wait to see it finished, on another note i wouldnt mind seeing more responses from yourself even if there PM's just so we know your listening :)

i had something similar happen, maybe not exactly the same but here it goes:

i am in a building and someone comes down the stairs. when i open fire hes almost exactly in front of me impossible to miss. i fire 12 ak bullets right into him. but he turns around (to face me he has to turn becasue he is coming down the stairs) and he fires a single shot. i fall down and while lying on the floor i see him suddenly falling down too. we both died. must be some sick lag or desync or whatever.

I'm having an hard time avoiding zombies because it seems that there are some infinite respawns with zombies automatically targeting me even if I'm firing SD ammo.

First time playing with tents... Well they feel like lottery. I cam back after probably 2 server restarts and my tent with the medical supplies suddenly had one heatpack and two cherry cans in it. Wtf?

I doubt that anyone looted the tents, because the other tents felt untouched and had far higher value loot in them like weapons etc.

-----

Also one bandit tried to makaroni me from behind. I kill him with my AK. He was kinda hard to see and I thought that he went behind the corner into cover. I come closer and hear the flies. No body. My bandit-killcount went up by one. Wtf? It felt like he disconnected in panic. Very weird.

----

One Zed was crawling right in front of me. He didn't give a shit about me. I thought that the Zeds that stand arround don't attack you in this patch, but there could be many more.

Edited by ToasterDiagramm

I have definitely noticed some issues with the zombie detection, after playing the update more.

As mentioned, some of them will stand around and ignore you, and others that shouldn't have any idea that you're near, will coming randomly running from the hills to whatever cover or building you're using.

There are some other minor things as well, but for the most part, it's been a great update! :)

I have noticed two things that seams to be broken.

DayZ : 1.7.2.3 and Beta: 94876

1. Backpack

When I looted a dead body I took the persons weapon as my main weapon, and put my current one in my backpack ( Note that I did not spaw backpacks) when logging off about 15-20 mins later and logging back in several houers later, I find that Im still using the weapon as I took as my mainhand, and everyting in my inventory is still there, but the items in the backpack was not saved as everything I had in it before looting the player was there. If this was due to lag from hive when saving or something, shouldn't the stuff in my inventory also not have saved ?

2. Zombies

Some Zeds just stand around like they are froozen and don't aggro me at all, seen this both in towns and after killing a player that had zombie aggro . maybe after killing the person that the Zeds are tied to they simply freez up ? (As I understand Zombies spawns for the first person to get within 200 m off the spawn point?)

Charakter Saving is very slow. I got my first Night Vision out of my Tent, to have some night play. Changed Server and my Cjarakter was without NV. Changed Back and NV was missing in Tent to. So i lost it to instant Tent saving and Charakter only saving ones a Hour or so ...

My Alice pack just disappeared from my back during game play. 1.7.2.3. 94876 It has yet to return. Had good stuff in it as well.. ehhh

Incompetence has nothing to do with the state of the build, but the state and progress of the project.

It's no personal slight against me, well from my perspective, that things go wrong that shouldn't. I just hope I and others involved can learn fast enough to not make the same mistake more than once. That is the absolute best we can hope to achieve. I don't think anyone could prepare themselves for this, no matter how much money, people, or experience even. I.e. Blizzard and Diablo 3.

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

Hairpiece?

http://www.hairpieceorherpes.com/

With 600k + players and rising by 10-20k per day, and with 55,000+ members on this forum alone, I really dont think thats a realistic request..do you?

Rest assured rocket and others have said they do read and take on board what people post as long as its short, constructive, relevant and to the point.

Ye and as soon as i post something to the point i get hurled with abuse for not having anything to back up my story so no i do think its a realistic request thanks mate

Loot disappears from backpacks. Through this bug i lost a Dmr, As50, M107, M4A1 CCO SD, NVG and GPS just in the last few hours on 3 different servers. De164, Se3 and i dont remember the other one. Just a few moments ago i lost my m14 Aim which was in my coyote and i wanted to go to sleep and even waited 15 mins after looting it. Logged back in to check but it was gone. FIX THAT!!!

Everything seems decent except two things.

1- The latest patch doesn't work, leaving you stuck on a loading screen.

2- I still believe that zombie's spot you from too far away.

Everything working fine but I would mention two things:

- zombies still see you from very very far

- zombies appear to be deaf, I was literally SPRINTING just behind a zombie when he was walking the other way and he didn't even notice me

I'd suggest to reduce the sight and improve their hearing.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 1

snapback.pngmariush, on 13 July 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam

For those who "lost" their character, we just transferred 41177 characters over to the new ID system. Will load when current character dies

thats work for me too :)

• Like 1

whenever i leave a server and reconnect, all my gear is gone. WTF

- zombies still see you from very very far

Which is good but the way they come at you is that they start running right away. They should start walking towards you first and after they are close enough they would be "sure" that you are uninfected then they should run.

Edited by DannyRed
  • Like 1

Servers are getting bogged down like they were pre 1.7.1.5 (If memory serves). I was on a server last night that was literally about 5fps. Then I joined another that was a full 60, but it was pretty new (US 600 something). So, I'm guessing something is messed up with cleanup again.