rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

just found a L85 at a crash site, equip it everything was going perfectly fine.

log out and back in, gun is completely gone from my inventory. run back to check the crash site and it wasnt there either.

so it completely vanished from the game :(

You really should encourage newer players to stick to stable patches. I just went from having hundreds of servers to choose from before installing 1.7.2.3, down to maybe two dozen and most of those are unplayable versions. Nearly 90% of the servers, which I could access before, now show up with an incompatible red X. You really should have a better structure and plan in place when rolling out these patches - because right now it seems you lurch from breaking one thing to the next. You could also better explain how the "rolling update" works because I can guarantee there are a lot of confused people on every upgrade.

You really should encourage newer players to stick to stable patches. I just went from having hundreds of servers to choose from before installing 1.7.2.3, down to maybe two dozen and most of those are unplayable versions. Nearly 90% of the servers, which I could access before, now show up with an incompatible red X. You really should have a better structure and plan in place when rolling out these patches - because right now it seems you lurch from breaking one thing to the next. You could also better explain how the "rolling update" works because I can guarantee there are a lot of confused people on every upgrade.

You have to also apply the arma 2 beta patch even if you update dayz or servers will have a red x next to them.

can anyone comfirm if the camo skins are working now as ive seen people saying both yes and no.

Cheers for any info :)

Feedback from quick run:

- Initial problem to load on server with latest beta patch. - solved with roll back 94876

- Inventory bug. 1 Jerry Can became 3 and lost items in the slots that was taken by 2 jerry cans.

- otherwise all seems to work ok. Server performance seems improved but need to check again when full.

My arma crashes after receiving data now... WHAT DO I DO!

can anyone comfirm if the camo skins are working now as ive seen people saying both yes and no.

Cheers for any info :)

if you had camo / ghillie on before this patch its gone now

if you equip ghillie / camo now your debug monitor (zombie kills, murders etc..) resets to 0 and the server will not save your progress.

so no you wont die, you just wont have anything saved (except if you die, then yes ull lose your char anyway)

Edited by Buffjesus

Got popped at NW airfield with a couple of clan mates. 1 started afresh but on respawn, myself and 1 other spawned back at the airfield. My friend dies again but took 2 with him. I spawned back in, looted their stuff and got out.

Animals cant be gutted...

I can gut animals, but it takes some dancing around them and interacting with various menu options before the "loot" icon appears. Also agree with z re-spawn being too fast and immersion breaking. Z aggro seems reasonable.

Mostly fine with this update, minus a few weird occurrences:

If I logout with my sidearm drawn, when I log back in it no longer fires, and I can't look down the sights. I have to switch to primary rifle then back to sidearm for it to work...

A few of the animals I tried to kill for meat vanished the moment I had shot them..

Otherwise, keep up the great work :)

Hello,

I've updated both through the Six Launcher and also manually (94945) just to be sure.

If I try and play through Steam I get stuck on 'Wait for host' indefinitley.

If I play through the Six Launcher it works fine.

Dave.

One of this bigest problem - when you pick some item(weapon/pepsi and etc.) from died man(or from fall gelicopter) - after disconnect - you loose all what you up.

Example - i kill man with DMR and some other items in body(not in backpack),in Allice pack he have MK48 +ammo,i pick full his allicepuck because my was empty and bad,and in this allice pack i pick DMR,after di/c DMR was gone and only MK48 was in...

BAG:you cant pick main weapon and other items witch you can pick up from function "gear" from died body(in my example),but you save all what was in backpack...

p.s. sorry fo my bad english.

I`m using sixupdater aswell. It`s really easy to use and fast, no need to work with the files manually. :)

When i log out im losing my gear.... i will come back online in same spot but without the gear that i have found during the last few hrs is there a fix?

A little more info I used six updater to put me at 1.7.2.3 and i downloaded beta patch 94876 ...where can I tell if this is the beta patch that im running ? And should I redo my install ?

Hello,

I've updated both through the Six Launcher and also manually (94945) just to be sure.

If I try and play through Steam I get stuck on 'Wait for host' indefinitley.

If I play through the Six Launcher it works fine.

Dave.

There is simple fix to be able to play with latest arma2 beta 94945.

Just download Battleye update v1.61.94945+ from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html , put it into your arma 2 operation arrowhead \ expansions \ battleye and then you can join and play !

• Like 1

Didn't see it mentioned in the changelog:

I picked up a crowbar after i had a doublebarreled shotgun and it was equipped over the shotgun, still with the shotgunmodel visible. I could meele with my weapon. After i dropped the crowbar, the shotgun was visibible again in the inventory, before that the crowbar was equipped in that slot.

Don't know if bug or feature, but i like my meele shotgun.

Edited by stunt
  • Like 1

The gameplay is working fine for the most part. I do have a question... Can anyone confirm this? I was playing last night, heard the ghillie's were fixed so I retreived one that I found and stashed. Out of fear I put my weapons in a tent (M240 & M4A1 CCO SD). After I put the ghillie on I couldnt get my weapons out of the tent. So I switched clothing back got my weapons then put the ghillie back on. Then I noticed it!....My M4A1 CCO SD turned into a M4A1 CCO ...no SD :( Is there a reason for this?

Edited by crispyglock

most of the desync is gone ..... works better now but why u delete the Visual ???

All of the servers I played on today/yesterday kept track of ammo.

Odd. Thanks for the reply. My ammo gets resetted on our 2 servers. Maybe it is connected with the issue that we have to use the old mission file until our ticket gets answered. :-(

Oh and another issue. Should have been fixed in 1.7.2. Not working in 1.7.2.3:

What is with this one? Not working for me. Anyone else?

~Codus