rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

After some more playing in different servers I can say this build is very nice. I think the few servers I did jump in prior to my current one were bugged or something as the zeds weren't acting right. Either too slow, too stupid or one hit bleeders. Still wish for some slower hard zeds, but one can always dream.

Absolutely zero desyncs so far. Loading times are fast and the game is running a lot smoother all round compared to previous patches. Top job sir Rocket and Co.

I'm currently having the wait for host problem running 1.7.2.3 along with the newest 94945 beta. Is there a resolution to this problem at all that anybody knows of? When I try rolling back my beta patch it does not work now so I am stuck on this patch and beta for now.

None of the Australian servers or any that I can see down the list (within reason) have the new patch? Is that correct or just my game?

All my buddies say its heaps better. I noticed something today when loading my first server:

I just bought a new router (netgear blows, Asus all the way), and it refreshed my windows firewall stuff. I was stuck on waiting for character to create, then on loading for a very long time. I Control-Alt-Deleted and saw that windows was blocking arma2 so i had to allow it. Did that, jumped back into arma and it was already loaded in. Everyone having this problem needs to look into their firewall settings.

• Like 1

All my buddies say its heaps better. I noticed something today when loading my first server:

I just bought a new router (netgear blows, Asus all the way), and it refreshed my windows firewall stuff. I was stuck on waiting for character to create, then on loading for a very long time. I Control-Alt-Deleted and saw that windows was blocking arma2 so i had to allow it. Did that, jumped back into arma and it was already loaded in. Everyone having this problem needs to look into their firewall settings.

Great catch!

Many times, firewall software will block a program when it's changed.. In effect, putting in the new arma2oa.exe might flag it in your firewall heuristics as a new program and possible threat. Many firewall programs will give programs with same names someone of a pass.. But that's often how malicious code masquerades in your environment, hence the inconsistent behaviour between different players.

@Cyanyde

Sound works great, but be careful. Your throwing arc is a little wonky.

Anyways, been playing since I got of work. Everything is going good so far. FPS, Zombie aggro...etc... Except:

1) Is anyone noticing a surplus in hatchets? Haha, I went into a barn and all of the loot points were hatchets. Maybe I was unlucky. Made me laugh none-the-less.

2)Went to a grocery store, found a nice pack, loaded it with my goodies I have been hoarding for a while (blood bags and morphine mostly). I looked around some more... found a BETTER bag. Dropped the old one and *whoosh* Vanished. Medical supplies are no more... Looks like I am going to go make another hospital run.

Might be known issues. The first one might not be an issue at all. Just though I would share my findings.

Confirming it is very stable. More so than it has been for a while.

Major issue though seeming to sprout from having the most recent ARMA beta patch. Can not loot gutted animals.

Just a quick response to the major questions. Camo seems fine thus far as well. Loot spawn also more consistant.. (which i believed was an issue with desyncing before.)

Patch wiped my server, all tents and vehicles are gone. Worst of all after 5 hours looking no new vehicles have spawned.

@Cyanyde

Sound works great, but be careful. Your throwing arc is a little wonky.

Anyways, been playing since I got of work. Everything is going good so far. FPS, Zombie aggro...etc... Except:

1) Is anyone noticing a surplus in hatchets? Haha, I went into a barn and all of the loot points were hatchets. Maybe I was unlucky. Made me laugh none-the-less.

2)Went to a grocery store, found a nice pack, loaded it with my goodies I have been hoarding for a while (blood bags and morphine mostly). I looked around some more... found a BETTER bag. Dropped the old one and *whoosh* Vanished. Medical supplies are no more... Looks like I am going to go make another hospital run.

Might be known issues. The first one might not be an issue at all. Just though I would share my findings.

In testing 1.7.1, I did a ton of time getting battered about by zombies.

Bleeding is much reduced, about 50 points every 2 seconds as far as I could tell.

Additionally, no broken bones. Over the course of a couple hours, I got all the way down to about 3600 blood. I didn't pass out.... And despite getting all that damage in about ten zombie attacks... No broken bones.

I'm assuming this is going to translate to this latest patch, so it sounds like we might be carrying fewer morphine hypos around or at least worrying less about it.

Is anyone else having similar experiences?

Oh and if you didn't know... They can move through all of the "furniture" in the markets. I thought the freezer case was solid... No such luck.

*If you have had fps stuttering*

I've been messing around with settings trying to figure out what was causing it if anything, while it wasn't a problem in previous patches apparently it is now. If you have fps stutters every 2-3 seconds, disable vsync and it should take care of the problem.

Played for about 5 hours with a group, considerably more stable than 1.7.2, though one of our group did glitch out at one point and kept getting teleported back, he relogged though and then it was fine.

On the whole performance and stability seem much improved. Also, no inventory loss like with 1.7.2.

Melee needs changed, I just surprised a dude with an M4 in ELectro in the church with a hatchet. He was dumb and had no idea I was there. He shows me his back after he enters not even checking his sides, So i go right behind him Whack(nothing),, Whack(nothing) he turns around.... Whack(nothing).. now he starts to shoot and Im dead. You need to look into the hit box or radius on the hatchet because I was right ontop of him swinging multiple times. I should be rewarded for getting the drop on someone not punished. thanks.

The lack of balls in this thread disturbs me.

Even wocket, zombie agro was fun last patch :(

HEY rOCKET JUST WANNA SAY THANKS.I can say I get in super easy now but still have weird oddities.Like seeing a full loot spot and when I loot the one next to it and then go to loot that spot it disappears.My FPS is super stable at 30 fps and for that I am grateful.

Melee needs changed, I just surprised a dude with an M4 in ELectro in the church with a hatchet. He was dumb and had no idea I was there. He shows me his back after he enters not even checking his sides, So i go right behind him Whack(nothing),, Whack(nothing) he turns around.... Whack(nothing).. now he starts to shoot and Im dead. You need to look into the hit box or radius on the hatchet because I was right ontop of him swinging multiple times. I should be rewarded for getting the drop on someone not punished. thanks.

This has nothing to do with the patch... at all. Like, not even close.

Just got on 1.7.2.3

I never updated to 1.7.2, everything seems to be working well as far as zombies. One saw me from pretty far off but I was crossing a road. I did have Camo on last logout in 1.7.1.5 and when I logged in I was in beginner clothing but I still had all my gear. Loading times didn't seem to be any faster and light dynamics are a little to extreme right now. But all in all I like the update.

Edit:

ok so with some more testing I have found that you can not crouch walk anywhere in town or near dear stands. They will see you from 200M or so. To me thats a little much but thats for rocket to decide.

I have come across some z's that dont move, they just stand in one spot.

Also had an issue with a friend that shot a cow, gutted it and then couldn't take the meat, but I could.

Edited by The Brehmis

I can actually get into the servers with no problem, although when in game there is a white square around me (it makes the ground almost see through and it follows me were ever I go, I have tried many servers yet it still persists, this also happened in 1.7.2

This latest patch is broken for me.

Im stuck in first person view.

I cant start a new character.

Everytime i try to restart my player is stuck with the broken bones icon.

Im being forced to spawn on islands

No zombies are spawning.

Holy crap rocket, just add to the lore of your zombies that the infection increases the view of the zombies. And call it a day

What do i do with the beta patch files?

I know with the 1.7.2.3 files you unrar them into you @dayz/addons folder, but what about the Beta Patch Files?

Where do they go?

Hello every one.

First of all thanks to the devs for this very stable and smooth hotfix.

A few things that i like to mention here, some feedback and some help to the issues people are having.

1. Up on first time log in from patch 1.7.2 to 1.7.2.3 you probably will have your character reset at a new spawn point and empty inventory, this happened to me and my friend playing on my server how ever as rocket stated that if you kill your character and respawn your old character settings and location will return. i can confirm this because as it worked for me and my friend,

2. I can confirm no more issues with any kind of clothing in the game.

3. No issues with gutting or cooking the animal meat what so ever.

4. Loading into the server seems to work normally (based on server ping and location) so no problems there so far.

5. FPS slightly improved it seems but i didn't notice anything wrong with the FPS before anyway.

6. If your having issues with Tents or vehicles not spawning then a server restart should help resync all that and make then appear again.

Overall played for a good 4/5 hours everything was great, zombie aggro range seemed good and you can sneak past them if you do it right.

Thanks again for the quick patch.