rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

You can change your character skin and name without respawning.

So...all arguments about "realism" are nonsense. There's no such thing as realism when it comes to identifying other players in the game right now.

I do think there could be different ways to give some 'indication' of a players play style/reputation/"trustworthyness" so you can avoid/fear/target/group/follow/talk to or help depending on you own play style/reputation/"trustworthyness".

How bout this....

If your in the area at the time a person is murdered(say within direct chat range), u become a witness and the killer has to kill all witnesses or lose "style/reputation/"trustworthyness"".

I'm a lonewolf and i supose this dosent cater for the group player's, just a thought :D

I agree, there is always going to be untrust in this game, and no game mechanic is every going to get around that.

BUT...

I do think there could be different ways to give some 'indication' of a players play style/reputation/"trustworthyness" so you can avoid/fear/target/group/follow/talk to or help depending on you own play style/reputation/"trustworthyness".

If you see someone with a bad reputation you can avoid them, but if you see someone with a good reputation, you might take the chance that you can help/trade/group with that player. A players reputation wont stop them from backstabbing you, or from being helpful (in the case of a "bandit").

Players with a very high reputation may even be able to put a "Price" on someone head making them a wanted player. If you kill that player you may get loot/reputation/status. This will add a new goal for some players. They can start hunting for other players, and others may need to start defending against this.

I am just thinking of the wild west, and how people could travel as fast or faster than information. So if they were a good bandit they could keep ahead of the negative reputation, but if they let it catch up withn them they would find themselves with a lot of heat coming down on them.

all of this is possible in the game atm

all of this is possible in the game atm

What do you mean? do you mean it in the code, but not implemented. Or do you mean its an option for players already?

- Putting a bounty on someone's head?

- getting a reputation for things (good/bad) that are witnessed?

How bout this....

If your in the area at the time a person is murdered(say within direct chat range), u become a witness and the killer has to kill all witnesses or lose "style/reputation/"trustworthyness"".

I'm a lonewolf and i supose this dosent cater for the group player's, just a thought :D

I like this, players in a short radius are witnesses. A simple group function, adding players to your group would stop your fallow bandits from giving your a negative rep due to their proximity to you, unless you wanted to get a nice negative reputation of course.

I see a positive reputation being easier to gain than a negative one, as a person helping would always have at least one witness, as long as they (and they survived your help)

Whereas the person killing other players would be killing the witnesses, so would not get that negative rep as easily. So you can only imagine how many people 'that' bandit has really killed if they have xyz reputation.

What do you mean? do you mean it in the code, but not implemented. Or do you mean its an option for players already?

- Putting a bounty on someone's head?

- getting a reputation for things (good/bad) that are witnessed?

I like this, players in a short radius are witnesses. A simple group function, adding players to your group would stop your fallow bandits from giving your a negative rep due to their proximity to you, unless you wanted to get a nice negative reputation of course.

I see a positive reputation being easier to gain than a negative one, as a person helping would always have at least one witness, as long as they (and they survived your help)

Whereas the person killing other players would be killing the witnesses, so would not get that negative rep as easily. So you can only imagine how many people 'that' bandit has really killed if they have xyz reputation.

If you have any sort of facts whatsoever, then it wouldn't be realistic at all. I mean that players already put bounties on people, and request kill screenshots. In your daily life you don't have an indicator on your face, advertising whether or not you are a person that has a low tolerance to other people.

can we please stop talking about realism, and instead just talk about what's good for the game?

advantage of no indicators right now is that "risk" factor every time you meet a new person. this risk means that it's extremely to trust anyone that's not in your out-of-game group.

advantage of having indicators would be that it makes "friendly" play a little bit easier, while still maintaining a fair amount of risk in approaching people.

can we please stop talking about realism, and instead just talk about what's good for the game?

advantage of no indicators right now is that "risk" factor every time you meet a new person. this risk means that it's extremely to trust anyone that's not in your out-of-game group.

advantage of having indicators would be that it makes "friendly" play a little bit easier, while still maintaining a fair amount of risk in approaching people.

Still it's your own choice, if you want to be a bandit or not.

If you do not want to be a bandit, you shouldn't kill everyone.

I think you should keep the bandit skin but you could maybe use it for something else. When you randomly spawns you can get the bandit skin, But the bandit skin is for survivors. I think that would be cool.

So old bandit skin and humanity is back?

I must check that.

Any news about side chat or some other communication tools?

Glad to have this back. I can finally get involved in the action without having to wait till I spot someone kill another person and know it wasn't self-defence, which hadn't happened even once in the 3 weeks i've played the game.

So when are you going to remove it again Rocket? How long do we have to suffer Chernarus: TDM?

i think its a good idea i dont see why everyone's crying about it. whats not to enjoy about picking good or evil?

i think its a good idea i dont see why everyone's crying about it. whats not to enjoy about picking good or evil?

Because you don't pick it, the game picks it for you.

• Like 1

Yup it's BAAAAACK! - dramaturgical dyad is BACK! story is BACK & so am I - hey Rocket I hate to say this but, ITOADASO! You are writing MUSIC Rocket, some things you just got RIGHT straight off the bat. Stick with it :)

Edited by dystopeon

Now when this madness is back, could we at least have a server flag for it just like we have for 3DP and CH?

EDIT: If it's just the hood, that's something I can live with. :P

Edited by deetaili

So when are you going to remove it again Rocket? How long do we have to suffer Chernarus: TDM?

Don't be ridiculous. We already have TDM just in the clan vs clan format, bandit skins are not going to make a jot of difference to the over all gameplay - as we all know 95% of people shoot on sight regardless, especially as humanity recharges over such a short period. All the bandit and hero skins really do is add a little more flavour to the game, as a gameplay mechanic they are inert.

Hope they remove the skins again, running around getting shot at, shot and killed 1 of them but then get 10s of "morphing skin" where I can't do anything and by that time the 2nd player has found me and started shooting already.Forced skin changes is a stupid system and should never have been added back in game.

My problem with this is when you get killed and you bounce between skins then you lose your backpack.. It happened to me 3 times in 1 life.. Its absolutely stupid... I had a coyote with an as50 in it and my skin changed and I lost evertyhing.... I then went and picked up an alice and found an ak so i stuck it in the bag only to have my skin changed AGAIN and lost that as well...

Take it out or fix it... I shouldn't loose 2 of the most valuable things in the game because it decides to randomly change my skin...

I don't like how the bandit skin hides your backpack ( = a benefit). I thought players shouldn't be rewarded or punished for their choices in game.

Edited by Ju Ju Bean

its dynamic, be good and the bandit skin goes.

I killed two people BEFORE the update, and after about 6hours of playing I havn't lost the skin.

I believe you hafta go from the -2000 required for the bandit skin, all the way back up to the +5000 for the "Good Guy" skin.

Considering that those 2 kills took me down to -3600 and I've just made it to +2700 I'm making good progress. It's tough though and this mechanic is not really accurate, but still very game-altering.

A shame, it was nice having some incentive to not be a dick, earning a skin that might give people a little motivation to not shoot you on sight and in turn giving you a motive not to blat someone in the head just "because".

That said, I can kinda see why it's being done, so no tears for you.

People making the argument that it's "not realistic that you can tell if someone lacks humanity", need to realise that realism needs to take a backseat to gameplay at times, additionally, people that are psychopaths / completely devoid of empathy, usually show signs of it - these aren't really presentable in dayz, so while it's not realistic to have your clothes displaying it, it's also not realistic for their to be zero signs whatsoever.

Edited by Nag