rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

We're still in alpha, who says it won't make a coneback?

I doubt it will, I hope it wont, but if it came, I would start killing people to have that suit

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

There is no peace amongst the Zeds, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting devs.

I have a suggestion for you: play it as it is.. a deathmatch.. until you get bored, then leave the game and chose something else.. eventually the devs will understand the mistake then (hopefully), otherwise there's TONS of good games out there. This thread is 54 pages long, they have eyes, if they are ignoring it (i hope not) they are doing it on purpose.. it's not that we need more pages.

In the meantime i'm collecting more and more kills... there's nothing else to do atm.

• Like 1

We're still in alpha, who says it won't make a coneback?

Coneback? Is that some kind of new bong? lol

Well I just don't think it will come back, perhaps banditry will be punished in a different way, but I think the skin idea is just too restrictive and simple....the world is more complicated than that, and so should be the world of DayZ. Just all IMO of course ;)

I have a suggestion for you: play it as it is.. a deathmatch.. until you get bored, then leave the game and chose something else.. eventually the devs will understand the mistake then (hopefully), otherwise there's TONS of good games out there. This thread is 54 pages long, they have eyes, if they are ignoring it (i hope not) they are doing it on purpose.. it's not that we need more pages.

In the meantime i'm collecting more and more kills... there's nothing else to do atm.

There's plenty more to do, but lack of imagination means most do as you are saying, as they (and you) lack the imagination to do other things...

Can't think what else there is to do? Tough shit, I'm not going to give you ideas to make up for your lack of imaginative skills, but you only have to look at some of the more interesting vids on DayZ to know what I am talking about.

• Like 1

Something like having blood on hands from looting a killed player (that you killed) is much less immersion breaking than magically changing clothes when you kill someone.

ITT: People finally realize that in a real apocalypse they couldn't really trust anyone.

Edited by ENSLAVER

I was kinda surprised when I noticed that the heartbeat thing is preserved from character to another. What if I want to play one character as a ruthless bandit and the next one as an all-friendly medic?

Because it's not about the character, it's about your chosen play-style. It allows more co-operative players to have some level of trust that the stranger they meet isn't a PK gearing up.

Removing the mechanic rather than fixing it is probably one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen.

Kills a player

*Poof*

Changes clothes

The funniest part is that it actually makes sense to some people.

Those of you who do not wear bandit clothing are just content with murdering everyone and destroying any type of RPG immersion available.

If you do not have SOME kind of identifying mark of a mass killer/bandit, no one will ever trust anyone ever.

Ive done the whole "Do you need assistance are you friendly" and gotten an axe to the face or a bullet in the head. That just is not fun. If I had NOT done the calling of trust then I would have just murdered him like all the rest.

GG Great game bro, so much fun to run around ignore zombies and shoot other players or new players just trying to get a foot in the door and experience the game.

• Like 1

Kills a player

*Poof*

Changes clothes

It doesn't have to make sense. It is the developers choice. It could be implemented into the game and it could work too. Some bandits would like to be known as Bandits. Customized clothes to show this would be an interesting addition. It should be choice if anything.

Although i really want this Bandit skin , i can understand this. Almost everyone will Farm other Players (camping the coast for example) just to get access to this skin, which wouldnt help the Project "Dayz" at all.

Edited by Wiesn69

It doesn't have to make sense. It is the developers choice. It could be implemented into the game and it could work too. Some bandits would like to be known as Bandits. Customized clothes to show this would be an interesting addition. It should be choice if anything.

Let's all forget the focus of the game is having an authentic experience. Time to add a supporting attack heli after 7 kills.

• Like 1

Those guys who like the killing on sight and call it realistic are very good at cherry-picking those parts from "realism" which they like, while leaving out other realistic stuff because it doesn't fit into the KoS stupidity they like so much. In reality, killing a person out of fear without really knowing if he was a threat, will result in psychic trauma if you're not a total psychopath to begin with. On top of that, add the inability to to talk to other people or any other form of human interaction, which would help dealing with stuff like that.

I'd like to see something as a "sanity meter". And then, for example, if that meter is too high and you got a weapon, your character will just shoot himself. I mean, in a real zombie apocalypse, there would definitely be suicides, right?

• Like 4

WHY is this thread still going? The suit got removed months ago.

I'm willing to be that even if it does come back, people are still going to KoS.

Get over it.

Those guys who like the killing on sight and call it realistic are very good at cherry-picking those parts from "realism" which they like, while leaving out other realistic stuff because it doesn't fit into the KoS stupidity they like so much. In reality, killing a person out of fear without really knowing if he was a threat, will result in psychic trauma if you're not a total psychopath to begin with. On top of that, add the inability to to talk to other people or any other form of human interaction, which would help dealing with stuff like that.

I'd like to see something as a "sanity meter". And then, for example, if that meter is too high and you got a weapon, your character will just shoot himself. I mean, in a real zombie apocalypse, there would definitely be suicides, right?

Defending the removal of the bandit suit =/= defending KoS

You don't fix unrealistic problems with unrealistic fixes when you are trying to make a realistic game.

Sanity is quite complex. If you are in a group and kill multiple people from a hostile group I don't think you should lose your sanity. You should actually feel a bit good since you just successfully protected those close to you. It could turn out to be an interesting mechanic, but it would have to be implemented very carefully.

• Like 1

i think that as you acculmiate more murders your facial expression gradually gets more and more grimaced and nasty, until eventually you look like jean claude van dam taking a shit. Then atleast you wouldnt suspect until you got close enough to look under the cap... then oh snap! *Bandit shoots you in the stomach"

on a serious note though, why not just take out the murder counter... most people just want to get a hard-on over their 'score'

Edited by robinhood
  • Like 3

I like this idea of sanity. Perhaps it could be something as little as the persons face changing to look nastier. The blood on people for a certain amount of time is also a much better idea than just some skin.

As I see it, there are lots of people who claim they want realism (and many of us truly do) but then you have the others who say similar things, yet shoot everything that moves. That is not realism. There's probably a very small minority who would KOS constantly in real life, were the shit to hit the fan. You'd certainly have many difficult, tense and scary confrontations, but right now most people aren't truly roleplaying it like that. Which in turn means those of us who want to either get killed constantly when trying to be friendly, or we end up KOS'ing too because it's them or us.

Only the truly nastiest and most psychotic among the population would be killing everything that moves. Yes I know its a game, but you can't claim to want realism and complain about this and that not being like it would in the real world and then act like a psycho. Even roleplaying surely not everyone wants to be a psycho either? I have had much more fun co-oping than when I kill other survivors, even in self-defense. Sure it can be fun picking someone off from a distance, but again, there's just so much more you can do.

Anyone else seen vids of people pushing two guys into a deatmatch arena with only hatchets, or getting kidnapped, mugged, made to be someone's bitch or something at least more creative than just bang you're dead? Or even done it themselves? Those who argue that all there is to do is kill to get your murder count up truly lack any imagination and would be better off in something like Battlefield, not DayZ.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Bandit skin, come at us bro. GET BACK IN THE GAME!

Kills a player

*Poof*

Changes clothes

Because zombies make perfect sense.

Edited by Fenrig

my thoughts are that teh survival aspect of the game (PK interactions aside) is just far, far too easy. Too much ammo and infinite sprint is just killing the intensity of zombies and people wonder why everyone is killing eachother. What else are people expected to do when theres shit tons of ammo and nothing of importance to use it other than other players. I dont blame teh community for creating this PK busness, its the game scenario thats created it.

You gave us gamers the tools and means to kill, yet you've given us nothing worth killing but eachother..

Although i really want this Bandit skin , i can understand this. Almost everyone will Farm other Players (camping the coast for example) just to get access to this skin, which wouldnt help the Project "Dayz" at all.

that never happened when the skin was in the game...

WHY is this thread still going? The suit got removed months ago.

I'm willing to be that even if it does come back, people are still going to KoS.

Get over it.

It seems to have become more of a discussion of the system as opposed to a discussion of the removal now.

There's a difference between placing fictional beings in a game, and employing mechanic that is physically impossible.

• Like 1

that never happened when the skin was in the game...

The playerbase was also one tenth of what it is now.

• Like 1

Bandit skin, come at us bro. GET BACK IN THE GAME!

They're not zombies.. they're infected.

Either way, it's a video game, it's not real period. The ghillie suits have rubber boots ffs.. ghillie suits do not have knee high black rubber boots, snipers would individually make them with little tails to go over they bottoms of their feet when laying in prone. Cows don't take 7 bullets and keep on walking, cars don't run over trees, fences, bushes and never need to be fixed, morphine doesn't fix broken legs, small bandages don't fix hemmoraging. Or guns that in RL that would displace so much air the bullets don't even need to hit the person to kill them, may need to hit the person twice. So ultimately, nothing about this game is realistic other than external emotions you interject on it, and those are intense emotions at times, they've created an incredible atmosphere for it.

Edited by Ghoulina
  • Like 3