rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Well, even if we consider that zombies may appear in a realistic context, there is still huge incoherencies:

- Why can we find weapons all around the map and the houses ? In real life you wouldn't find so much stuff

- Why can a zombie break your leg with a hit, and make you bleed to death ? In real life, this wouldn't happen.

- Why zombies keeps spawing even after we kill them ?

At the end, you can't deny that some features are not and will never be realistic to improve the gameplay. The Bandit/survivor morphing was one of them

You know the zombie is probably raking your flesh open with his nails, right? The human hands can be pretty dangerous stuff for someone/something who doesn't care for injuring himself.

Edited by Zoop

so wait, we're discussing realism in a zombie shooter?

No. We're discussing realism in a Zombie apocalypse survival simulator.

Whether you believe such a catastrophic event could happen or not in the real world is irrelevant.

• Like 2

i really don't trust guillie guys so much. but i'm okay with the bandit skin. anyway the majority of players won't be changed in bandit because of lack of kills, even if their behaviour it's stricly bandit

• Like 1

No. We're discussing realism in a Zombie apocalypse survival simulator.

Whether you believe such a catastrophic event could happen or not in the real world is irrelevant.

This is NOT a simulator. It is a videogame with a "fancy" (to call it so) mechanic.. rocket called it "anti-game": fun+trolling.

i think that as you acculmiate more murders your facial expression gradually gets more and more grimaced and nasty, until eventually you look like jean claude van dam taking a shit. Then atleast you wouldnt suspect until you got close enough to look under the cap... then oh snap! *Bandit shoots you in the stomach"

on a serious note though, why not just take out the murder counter... most people just want to get a hard-on over their 'score'

why does it always have to be really close identification with you pussies? how is that a mechanic at all? we need bandit skins back because the survivor can ID you at the same distance as you, the bandit. Bitchy whining by losers (mostly bandits themselves) got this removed in the first place.

Being killed by somebody who is like 1000 meters away from me,and wont even bother to search my stuff is what is bothering me. Those people wont even bother to ask if you are friendly or not ,for some of us the safe refuge is to hit ALT+F4 and it wil be taken away very soon.

I loved this mod at the first day, i played like 5 hrs straight,now i dont even want to make new character knowing some kid hiden in the bushes is going to make hole in my head anyway.

i just wish they wil stick to COD or Battlefield 3, you know the kind a shallow games!

Can we not have bandit morphing as a server option i.e. disabled or enabled? Servers can opt for first and third person (though iirc wasn't first person set to be mandatory at some point?) and crosshairs, both of which aren't realistic if you use them.

LOL at people calling those who don't want the skins in as whiners and easy-mode. Surely knowing more about your attacker is easy-mode? If you know someone is a bandit from their skin, it completely removes the possibility of any form of infiltration from that guy, or even give the guy a chance to decide he actually wants to help out, because you'd just shoot him if he was wearing bandit clothes. In the real world, you wouldn't be so easily categorized as a baddy or indeed a goodie.

make a lone wolf skin please. I will not be a bandit but because of my experience I do not team up with anyone I don't know in real life. So I will not let anyone near me. If you're a survivor that's okay but don't follow me and leave me alone. I will not hurt you. If you're a bandit I'll shoot when i see you.

In the real world, you wouldn't be so easily categorized as a baddy or indeed a goodie.

In the real world your sanity would snap if you repeatedly killed other people without knowing that they'd really pose a threat to you. Unless you're a psychopath to begin with of course. But that's not a character trait you should be able to "chose", as that would be unrealistic.

You're a sad person, really.

You even lack the imagination to imagine why you lack imagination. Truly classic. You don't even get that imagination is the first step in doing, but I can see why you'd have a problem getting past that first step.

Need me to spell it out for you? Obviously you do. Why just kill other players when you can mug, kidnap, force into slavery, threaten..etc etc. So much more fun than just KOS'ing. Or are you saying you dont play this for fun? Careful now. Find another excuse before you contradict yourself.

Use that keyboard and look at some of the youtube vids.

I have no fear of you or your like, it has nothing to do with that. It's got to do with the fact people like you treat this game like any other FPS, when in fact it is unlike any other fps.

Ammo is not that plentiful, despite your (and others') claims to the contrary. The recent gun nerfing and

the fact some of us actually kill zombies (which , duh, uses ammo) instead of being pussies and saving our ammo ONLY for killing other players, and you have a combination for low ammo supplies.

But then you wouldn't get that since you and your pussy friends don't kill zombies instead you run away and avoid them (of course Im not saying you should systematically kill every zombie either) and spend your time killing only other players (and also I'm not saying you shouldn't kill ANY players ever).

Pathetic, and the worst part is you actually think you're tough! You must suck really bad if you can't handle a few zombies. "i can handle them" I hear you say. Yeah, of course you can, until you realise you're out of ammo. ROFL

But again, feel free to continue having a boring, unfulfilling monotonous and repetitive experience by killing other players over and over. It's probably just (as in justice, not simply) that people like you will never truly understand or experience this game as to it's full potential.

You can go back to trolling now. Have fun in that oh so limited, unimaginative, tunnel visioned brain of yours. Guess it must be cosy though with all your braindead friends who probably do the same as you. You know, you guys are the real zombies...brain dead zombies.

ok i'm going to stand up and apologise for my childish response earlier.

But i do feel you are assuming many things but that could be down to misrepresentation in my posts.

I dont just kill on sight, thzts an assumption you've made. Despite me thinking theres too much ammo (something relative to my playing experience) and thinking zombies are underpowered and under numbered that doesnt change the fact i stilll have to kill zombies to survive and its something i do everytime i play the game.

you also assume..

1 - that i dont kidnap, threaten, mug other players already myself

2 - that i dont kill zombies and that "me and my pussy friends run away"

I can tell you that both of these assumptions are infact wholy wrong but again i cant blame you for making those judgments based on my earlier posts.

That you "lack imagination" rhetoric is pretty benign and theres no point even discussing that.

back on topic, i dont think there should be any bandit identifying characteristics. The term baby faced assasin comes to mind.

Edited by robinhood

it completely removes the possibility of any form of infiltration from that guy, or even give the guy a chance to decide he actually wants to help out, because you'd just shoot him if he was wearing bandit clothes. In the real world, you wouldn't be so easily categorized as a baddy or indeed a goodie.

Like it was pointed out before when bandit skins where in place there never was a lack of backstabbing survivors,also pvp isnt always shooting from a safe spot and kill.

There is so much more you can do like pickpocketing out of the backpack or shoot you buddy in the legs while hunted by the Z-mob(just watched walking dead s2 :D).

IT will be more inteteresting if stuff like this happens and it wont be carebear heaven for sure.

Rocket said yesterday in a Machinima Livestream that there is going to be an update soon, bringing back a way to recognize bandits. They are going to have a different hat than normal, but not only are there going to be bandits, there will be Heros too. They will have a neat scarf or something.

Edited by Latsi
  • Like 2

Mhm, i think this is a good Idea, but when u say we can find clothes around chernarus, maybe we can also find the old bandit skin "ifuknowwhatimean" ?^^

Rocket said yesterday in a Machinima that there is going to be an update soon, bringing back a way to recognize bandits. They are going to have a different hat than normal, but not only are there going to be bandits, there will be Heros too. They will have a neat scarf or something.

So hats and bandannas.

Not bad.

ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY!

If he brings back bandit morphing then he'd better make damn sure that he resets humanity.

There's no way in HELL that i'll be able to get positive humanity again unless it gets resetted.

When he removed bandit morphing, no one trusted eachother. It was a deathmatch war.

I'd like the feature back tho, it's impossible to team up with anyone random atm. The only guys that don't kill you are your IRL friends or friends on Teamspeak.

I think that the way to sort out the skins with the bandit system is for regular servers when someones name pops up if you see them, there name is red for a bandit and say green for survivor as this way you wouldnt have to have a bandit skin allowing new skins to be implemented and still a way to recognise bandits from eachother, and say on a veteran server you have to be alot closer for a name to pop up. i just think its an easy soloution to be able to have the bandit system and new skins implemented without changing anything to major.

I glad he is bringing the bandit skin back, because it may not be realistic in itself but the ability to know who is dangerous or possibly a threat is. Because the way someone moves, holds a weapon, and just watches things around them irl can a lot of the time tell you enough on if they should be avoided or if they are safe to approach.

• Like 1

what's wrong with you guys? of course you can team up. it fails 3/5 times but i met some cool people by not shooting on sight. so it's definitely worth it. there is no reason to shoot on sight except if you care about your gear. there's nothing you can't find again....

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. Previously if you had a bandit skin EVERYONE would shot you on sight without any hesitation. What makes human encounters exciting is the uncertainty of their intentions, not a giant "shot me" skin that you can see from miles away.

Been playing for a few weeks now, and beyond my friends, I don't think I've met a single 'friendly' on the game. Every last one has shot at/killed me soon as they saw me, even when I was fresh spawn in the world. Everyone is a bandit now.

When I started playing this game I made a conscious decision: that I would "try" and play it as If in real life. So a few months later, I still don't have a murder. Some of the people I play with do, hell some of them play just for the PVP. Take a look at the TMW guys, Bandit skin or no their services are still on offer, theirs is a noble choice (albeit a very hard one sometimes ), in the end its a decision we all make and that's the beauty of this game. Its your choice, to trust or to evade, to shoot or to assist, the real power is in your hands. Embrace the challenge :)

• Like 1

I would like to know who has been killing everyone. It doesn't have to be a giant red splotch or eve centric bandit system but maybe a player kill count or something.