rocket

Kicking of Players for Clan members

Zitat

If I'm paying MY OWN MONEY for a server' date=' no one is going to tell me what I can and can not do in it. It's my server. I will kick for my friends, I will kick for myself, I will kick for high ping and I will kick assholes.

I agree with you

[/quote']

Its not your software that your server is running. You dont own it, you didnt pay for it, you did agree to terms of use.

Try your logic with Microsoft software, enjoy your fines and possible jail time.

I bought a car that can travel over 100mph. Before I paid for it I knew the rules that limited me to 65mph. So by your logic' date=' even though I knew the rules and agreed to them I shouldnt have to follow them since I paid money I can drive as fast as I want whenever I want. The absurd thing to me is those that believe that once they agree to terms of use they can ignore them because they want to.

[/quote']

Actually, this is a pretty good example but, the use of the actual legal system is a bit flawed.

A better comparison would be that you have purchased a car, and told a friend that they can use it. That friend will now abuse that car however they want, even if you ask them to follow certain guidelines (admins asking for rights to enforce rules). You have two choices; Allow your friend to use the car or tell the friend that they can't use the car anymore.

Just like in the scenario above, you can demand certain kinds of respect but, when they tell you 'no', the only thing you can do is take away the car (stop hosting).

Quite a heated discussion as I read through a bunch of the posts. The answer is plain and simple, but those who believe it's your right to do as you wish without following rules set when you agreed to them is wrong. I see why you'd be frustrated because you paid for it, but still you got to follow the rules, why because you agreed to them in the first place. Without laws there is chaos and with chaos nothing good will come out.

Like my friend always said, Karma's a b****.

It truly is^ eventually they will get what's coming.

I bought a car that can travel over 100mph. Before I paid for it I knew the rules that limited me to 65mph. So by your logic' date=' even though I knew the rules and agreed to them I shouldnt have to follow them since I paid money I can drive as fast as I want whenever I want. The absurd thing to me is those that believe that once they agree to terms of use they can ignore them because they want to.

[/quote']

I haven't signed any agreements, I don't even host a server, I just think all of you autistic twelve year olds who think it's normal to bend over backwards and take it in the ass are hilarious. As I said, the mod is fucking phenomenal, the restrictions are not. I didn't say we should be able to break the rules, I said the rules should be changed. I'll end this on a high note, although I see plenty of trolls and blind followers the majority of players here are quite loyal to rockets mod and rules. Having a loyal fan base is a great thing rocket, I feel safe saying most developers should envy your work.

Actually, this is a pretty good example but, the use of the actual legal system is a bit flawed.

A better comparison would be that you have purchased a car, and told a friend that they can use it. That friend will now abuse that car however they want, even if you ask them to follow certain guidelines (admins asking for rights to enforce rules). You have two choices; Allow your friend to use the car or tell the friend that they can't use the car anymore.

Just like in the scenario above, you can demand certain kinds of respect but, when they tell you 'no', the only thing you can do is take away the car (stop hosting).

+1, i like your anology better.

"I haven't signed any agreements, I don't even host a server, I just think all of you autistic twelve year olds who think it's normal to bend over backwards and take it in the ass are hilarious. As I said, the mod is fucking phenomenal, the restrictions are not. I didn't say we should be able to break the rules, I said the rules should be changed. I'll end this on a high note, although I see plenty of trolls and blind followers the majority of players here are quite loyal to rockets mod and rules. Having a loyal fan base is a great thing rocket, I feel safe saying most developers should envy your work. "

Two keywords you've stated here. One you didn't sign an agreement and two you don't host a server. So how can you say anything if you don't host a server. Apparently you can't agree if you don't have the requirements to be able to agree. I'm a healthy 14 year old who can debate not an autistic 12 year old lol. I follow the rules for I do not wish for chaos. People believe sometimes that rules are meant to be broken. They are only meant to be broken if it hurts: Life,Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. By the way next time you enter an argument watch your words carefully. And do yourself a favor and never try to insult your competitor in the argument. It's a sign of weakness and that you're struggling to win the argument.

Zitat

If I'm paying MY OWN MONEY for a server' date=' no one is going to tell me what I can and can not do in it. It's my server. I will kick for my friends, I will kick for myself, I will kick for high ping and I will kick assholes.

I agree with you

[/quote']

first off, people like this should just have their servers removed. plain and simple. second off, i dont see how you childish people can continue to QQ as much as u are. there is no middle ground, either stop abusing ur powers as admins, or stop paying for ur server. rules are rules, as rocket stated, money will never change them.

the admins abusing this power are no better than hackers, and should just be removed. its a privilege to host a server, not a right. like i said if ur going to QQ about ITS MY MONEY OMG! then just stop paying and do this community a favor, someone that has a better attitude toward this great project will come along and fill ur spot as a responsible server admin.

You can keep saying "stop QQing" but when there are only 12 servers left you'll be the one bitching at rocket to get it fixed. @Ipod 12 to 14 isn't a huge jump. Maybe when you're living on your own and you actually have to manage your money you'll understand why server hosts get buttmad about stupid rules (the actual adult ones, not kiddies with CCs). I've been holding out on buying a server until A. Things change or B. Someone goes to the effort of posting PS software.

You can keep saying "stop QQing" but when there are only 12 servers left you'll be the one bitching at rocket to get it fixed. @Ipod 12 to 14 isn't a huge jump. Maybe when you're living on your own and you actually have to manage your money you'll understand why server hosts get buttmad about stupid rules (the actual adult ones' date=' not kiddies with CCs). I've been holding out on buying a server until A. Things change or B. Someone goes to the effort of posting PS software.

[/quote']

You just dont get it do you?

Paying for a server doesnt give you the instant right to violate the terms of use for the software. You agree BEFORE you start to host. 99% of the server hosts do an awesome job. Its the 1% douchbags that should be banned. Guess what, if we lose 1% of the servers there are still plenty to go around. Those few who believe they are some how better, somehow more entitled than the rest of the hosts should keep in mind that they asked the dev team to host. The dev team did not come begging them to start a server.

Kudos to ipod732, a 14 yo that can see the difference between manning up and following what you agreed to to and being a crybaby whinning about having spent money AFTER you knew the terms of an agreement.

If that 1% is soooo upset about "stupid rules" then why did they start a server? they didnt have to and they are free to stop hosting and save the precious dollars for other things. They wont be missed and the rest of us will still have plenty of servers to play on.

I agree server owners should be abled to run their rented servers however they see fit.

However if they want to be whitelisted and access the hive, they better come correct.

(Today 07:42 PM)Rask Wrote: "You can keep saying "stop QQing" but when there are only 12 servers left you'll be the one bitching at rocket to get it fixed. @Ipod 12 to 14 isn't a huge jump. Maybe when you're living on your own and you actually have to manage your money you'll understand why server hosts get buttmad about stupid rules (the actual adult ones, not kiddies with CCs). I've been holding out on buying a server until A. Things change or B. Someone goes to the effort of posting PS software."

Age makes no difference here I was merely falsifying your statement. I've probably got more experience in management than you believe. I've played many simulation games where you got to manage different things. I've played tons of stock market simulation games. I'm one heck of a bright 14 year old. Sometimes I find children better than adults and other times I frown upon the newer generations for some of the things they do. Apparently I know the meaning of money. I know how to convert money and I know how to manage money so don't give the "when you live on your own or when your older crap". I've heard it all. Children aren't as dull as you think. I have given stock market advice before and was 100% correct. I've read parts of Aristotle, I know 2 different languages and learning another one. Don't dare try to mock my intellect. Do forgive me for my ranting. When my intellectual being is put to the test I have an instinctive impulse to prove myself to my peers. So forgive me for going off topic.

You can get as mad as you want. Break those rules and prepare to face the consequences.

I can't wait to see you in your prison cell. (=

Zitat

I agree with you

[/quote']

I pay roadtaxes, insurance, MOT (Ministry of Transport test).

In other words I pay a lot of my own money to drive a car therefore I think I am allowed to drive how I like it. Right?

Zitat

I agree with you

[/quote']

I pay roadtaxes, insurance, MOT (Ministry of Transport test).

In other words I pay a lot of my own money to drive a car therefore I think I am allowed to drive how I like it. Right?

Fail example. Everyone pays for those things and so they have to be regulated fairly with laws that everyone votes for via representative. If everyone paid for the server then it might be different but in this case it would be like a few people paying for everything, while the majority reaped the benefits, then told those who actually footed the bill how and where to shove it...oh wait, that is like America. Anyway, still poor example when put to that simple explanation.

omg u hurt my feelin i m so smart n u r big dummi! i do stock and read and no spanish.

I don't think I'll be going to prison for hosting a private Dayz server, I appreciate your concern though.

Rask you'll have to admit though that Ipod732 is shockingly smart for a 14 year old.

Are you really 14 years old?!

I truly am. I don't know Spanish by the way. I know English(apparently my first language), Arabic(I wasn't born in the States, but I never stayed in the country I was born in to fully learn the language. My first birthday was on the plane to the US where my dad was working), and I'm learning Italian(So much better than Spanish and besides I need it so when I need to learn Latin it would be much easier. Plan to be a lawyer-my whole family is made up of lawyers and doctors so you can see why, by the way I'm considered middle class so I'm no one special and get the same education as everyone else- that's why I take the law seriously). By the way I'm sure you know what I meant by I'll see you in your prison cell, not for hosting a server, but for when you plan "who gives a crud for rules" and do something that is truly illegal.

By the way at least I'm capable of writing in full sentences without abbreviations and slang text terms that people use. I prefer to write in full within an argument. And that quote I understand was a way to get your anger out for losing your argument. Go take it out on a punching bag(A real one not a human being) or on COD(I actually prefer Godfather -my favorite movie- on the Wii to take my frustration out on. So much more better when your actually hitting the AI people with your fists. And COD is actually a good way to rid of frustrations lol).

And again yes the only thing I take pride and joy in is within my vast intellect(never been an athlete....The only sport I still try to play, but utterly fail in is Football(Not the American cruddy version. The actual original version that's played worldwide). I get tired to easily, but thank god I'm not obese lol).

The rules won't change unless there is a proper oversight.

This could be done as such.

First, a server could have a way to reserve slots for a set number percentage of people depending on the max payload of the server. Ex: 10 for every 50 players per sever. Server locking would not be allowed. Also server resets would have to run on timed intervals or have a clear problem to do so before said time.

Secondly, to address server admins being dickish. Which seems to be the primary concern of Rocket. In order to properly prove a TOS violation you would have to allow for a rating system of sorts. When a player is disconnected from a server, they can properly rate the experience on very basic criteria. Also this would allow for a time stamp of a DC for times when there are kicks rendered. Rating system may be the wrong term, how about a feedback system during times of a removal from server. So, if a person is removed from a server after making a kill on another player, who we will say is an admin. Then gets kicked for it or what have you, there is a clear way to see a violation. The kicked player simple replies to the feedback popup and lists the grievance. If a certain number of these complaints arrive then the server can be barred from the server hub or have a warning/suspension.

Now the problem with my solution is that there would have to be a person or people dedicated to the investigation of these feedback reports from kicked players in these circumstances. I don't know the way the DayZ team is set up or who they would need to do moderation on this level. Maybe get some good volunteers who agree to certain things (such as never owning a server themselves, etc) to be impartial and provide proper oversight to the system.

I simply am offering a compromise. Feel free to add or what have you to this idea. I think it is in the best interest to compromise on the issue. It would make our community that much stronger while fostering a more varied and flourished server community. Proper quality controls and fair server rights. kind of like a fast food franchise :)

We have been very very clear about this. If you said yes then pulled the fast one on us' date=' and lock/password, I will take a giant shit on your server.

[b']That's not lack of respect, that's me doing what I have always said we would do, and keeping true to the spirit of the project and not changing my mind because internet got all excited about it for a day.

P.S. send tears.

Rocket, you're my favorite and I love you.

The rules won't change unless there is a proper oversight.

This could be done as such.

"First, a server could have a way to reserve slots for a set number percentage of people depending on the max payload of the server. Ex: 10 for every 50 players per sever. Server locking would not be allowed. Also server resets would have to run on timed intervals or have a clear problem to do so before said time.

Secondly, to address server admins being dickish. Which seems to be the primary concern of Rocket. In order to properly prove a TOS violation you would have to allow for a rating system of sorts. When a player is disconnected from a server, they can properly rate the experience on very basic criteria. Also this would allow for a time stamp of a DC for times when there are kicks rendered. Rating system may be the wrong term, how about a feedback system during times of a removal from server. So, if a person is removed from a server after making a kill on another player, who we will say is an admin. Then gets kicked for it or what have you, there is a clear way to see a violation. The kicked player simple replies to the feedback popup and lists the grievance. If a certain number of these complaints arrive then the server can be barred from the server hub or have a warning/suspension.

Now the problem with my solution is that there would have to be a person or people dedicated to the investigation of these feedback reports from kicked players in these circumstances. I don't know the way the DayZ team is set up or who they would need to do moderation on this level. Maybe get some good volunteers who agree to certain things (such as never owning a server themselves, etc) to be impartial and provide proper oversight to the system.

I simply am offering a compromise. Feel free to add or what have you to this idea. I think it is in the best interest to compromise on the issue. It would make our community that much stronger while fostering a more varied and flourished server community. Proper quality controls and fair server rights. kind of like a fast food franchise"

Instead of arguing we must find a way of compromising and I believe this the first person who has actually posted a compromise instead of starting more arguments. Good going. The world needs more people like you. (=

Well thanks.

I just think it would be better to come up with solutions to a problem than argue back and forth on who is right. There is room for a way to do this correctly, so that everyone feels like they get the fair shake.

There is probably room for improvement on the idea. But it seems like a good platform to start.

Hell I would be willing to work with the system if it were set up. I never intend on owning a server myself, but I tend to be impartial on stuff like this. I really enjoy this game, even when the zombies go full retard and see us from a mile away..lol. I have every desire to see this succeed. So many ideas and possibilities for this mod/game could be seen. I have about a million ideas just myself, in terms of making the meta games within the game itself. Stuff I think would work great to make it even that much more fun for everyone. Sucks to see different sides of the argument tearing each other apart, instead of coming up with solutions.

Everyone has to play a part to finally make a game we can all love for years to come. Players reporting bugs, devs doing that they do so well, moderators keeping things fair. People just need to check the ego at the door.

Rask you'll have to admit though that Ipod732 is shockingly smart for a 14 year old.

Are you really 14 years old?!

Typing 3 paragraphs about how smart you are without giving any objective proof doesn't make you a kid genius. It just means you suck at conveying a point.

"Typing 3 paragraphs about how smart you are without giving any objective proof doesn't make you a kid genius. It just means you suck at conveying a point. "

I love how you try to insult me. Insulting won't help you win a debate. My intellect is all I take pride in that's why I feel the impulse to prove myself. Pride is considered a sin(One of the 7 deadly sins),but sadly I'm merely human and feel such an emotion. Your pride is in winning. You must win to feel proud of yourself. I bet you thought that would make you win the debate, made you feel superior over me didn't it. Well wrong. Don't lie now. You felt like you won did you not? I know why you try to insult me(and you fail miserably) is because you believe it will help you win and make me cry like a toddler. Well sorry I cannot be hurt emotionally(physically sure). So don't bother trying. When one begins to try and insult his competitor in a debate it is his/her's last resort to win the debate, but make themselves look very unprofessional. The point is break the law and feel its consequences it cannot get any clearer than that or surely you're blind, but I'm sure you resist because you want- more like need- the pride of defeating me.

And if you want proof I can recite you a bit of Aristotle's philosophy or my own if you'd like. Or maybe I can give you a few quotes I made up myself. "Thy brother is not thy enemy, thy enemy is thyself." -I enjoy this one- "Justice comes with a price, a price I'm willing to pay even if it means death so that the justice is not for me, but my fellow brethren." - these two I made myself. Has a ring to it doesn't it- .

A bit of advice. Don't waste your time on the Facebook stocks. It has been going down lately. Since the day after it first came out. My father's broker said the exact same thing. Focus on Twitter or newer social networking sites which stocks should be better.

omg u hurt my feelin i m so smart n u r big dummi! i do stock and read and no spanish.

I don't think I'll be going to prison for hosting a private Dayz server' date=' I appreciate your concern though.

[/quote']

Wow, epic fail on editing a quote.

You were intellectually trashed by a 14 year old and have to resort to that. Thank you for proving his point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

"Typing 3 paragraphs about how smart you are without giving any objective proof doesn't make you a kid genius. It just means you suck at conveying a point. "

I love how you try to insult me. Insulting won't help you win a debate. My intellect is all I take pride in that's why I feel the impulse to prove myself. Pride is considered a sin(One of the 7 deadly sins)' date='but sadly I'm merely human and feel such an emotion. Your pride is in winning. You must win to feel proud of yourself. I bet you thought that would make you win the debate, made you feel superior over me didn't it. Well wrong. Don't lie now. You felt like you won did you not? I know why you try to insult me(and you fail miserably) is because you believe it will help you win and make me cry like a toddler. Well sorry I cannot be hurt emotionally(physically sure). So don't bother trying. When one begins to try and insult his competitor in a debate it is his/her's last resort to win the debate, but make themselves look very unprofessional. The point is break the law and feel its consequences it cannot get any clearer than that or surely you're blind, but I'm sure you resist because you want- more like need- the pride of defeating me.

And if you want proof I can recite you a bit of Aristotle's philosophy or my own if you'd like. Or maybe I can give you a few quotes I made up myself. "Thy brother is not thy enemy, thy enemy is thyself." -I enjoy this one- "Justice comes with a price, a price I'm willing to pay even if it means death so that the justice is not for me, but my fellow brethren." - these two I made myself. Has a ring to it doesn't it- .

A bit of advice. Don't waste your time on the Facebook stocks. It has been going down lately. Since the day after it first came out. My father's broker said the exact same thing. Focus on Twitter or newer social networking sites which stocks should be better.

[/quote']

I understand that you're replying to someone who's kind of a jerk, or at least you feel you are, but you're giving off such a ridiculous air of superiority. You should really tone it down, otherwise it just looks like your stroking your ego.

The fuck is going on in this abomination of a thread?

Thank you rocket for making it clear statement and I hope to god that there will be a reserve slot function for servers in the future.