rocket

Kicking of Players for Clan members

Admin should be able to have reserve slot for themselves and a couple others, I mean they pay money every month for the server and are currently in a position where they might not be able to even play on the server.

I don't run a Dayz server, but I do run several of other game types, and taking away an admins ability to play at will on the server they pay for will result in there being very few servers to play on (as there are now).

The biggest downfall with this game is not being able to get on for a game, no-one wants to host a server that they might not get to play on, and have no control over. Combine that with the massive cost of the servers and you end up with very few.

Every person I've introduced to this game has now "given up" because they couldn't get onto any servers to actually play.

The overseas servers kick us because we have a high ping (fair enough), and all the local servers are full, all day every day, you have to sit there connecting over and over and over again to get in (and then you get shot by another player) ... j0y . . .

Could the admin not get say 5 reserve slots or something . ..

I'm all against admin abuse etc, but I do know from experience that a lot of players like to make the admin seem like "power crazed" douches, but this isn't the case and usually it's the player has been reprimanded for doing the wrong thing and wants to "get some back" at the admins.

Or you could just give a reserved slot for just the person who pays for the server and the end. That way everyone wins. And hopefully people don't abuse their power.

By the way I'm sorry if I ranted earlier it's sadly a flaw that I have.

Or you could just give a reserved slot for just the person who pays for the server and the end. That way everyone wins. And hopefully people don't abuse their power.

That would be more than a fair compromise as long as they consider that some servers are paid for by more than one person. Some clans take donations for VIP slots on a lot of games, and in the case of my gaming clan, we all pay monthly dues in order to keep ourselves in a good, and up to date server.

Admin should be able to have reserve slot for themselves and a couple others' date=' I mean they pay money every month for the server and are currently in a position where they might not be able to even play on the server.

I don't run a Dayz server, but I do run several of other game types, and taking away an admins ability to play at will on the server they pay for will result in there being very few servers to play on (as there are now).

The biggest downfall with this game is not being able to get on for a game, no-one wants to host a server that they might not get to play on, and have no control over. Combine that with the massive cost of the servers and you end up with very few.

Every person I've introduced to this game has now "given up" because they couldn't get onto any servers to actually play.

[/quote']

I'd be okay with private servers receiving one locked slot for the one who pays for the server. I imagine the implementation of this is more in the hands of the Arma 2 staff rather than dayz specifically.

all the local servers are full, all day every day, you have to sit there connecting over and over and over again to get in (and then you get shot by another player) ... j0y . . .

I'm not sure what your point is here, but I believe that getting shot by another player is a risk no matter what server you are in.

I'm all against admin abuse etc, but I do know from experience that a lot of players like to make the admin seem like "power crazed" douches, but this isn't the case and usually it's the player has been reprimanded for doing the wrong thing and wants to "get some back" at the admins.

The rules that govern admins ability to kick are very strict for a reason. In a sandbox game, players are permitted to play how they want, thus, unless they exhibit behavior that warrants a kick (as set forth by rocket) there can be no "wrong thing" and "getting back" at admins is permitted.

You talk about yourself way too much.

Am I allowed as server admin to ban a player who ran to my camp, took a shot at me but realised he was a crap shooter when I gave him 3 direct hits, then he DC's quickly realising he is no match for me. Then goes to another server to try and come in my camp again from the opposite direction and I then killed the poor bastard?

I think it's just unfair he tries to compensate his crap playstyle by using 2 exploits, namely ALT F4'ing to escape certain death and then try server swapping to get another shot at me from a different direction. I know who he is cos I killed him.

I also rent a server for the reason I was tired of having to look around for a decent server with no lag/good ping and where all my real life friends could join who play DayZ (about 8 of em) but even I who pays it now 32 €a month have difficulty to join my own rented server which is absurd. I am strongly thinking of quiting this game even tho I love to play it.

I read many posts about this 'issue' and many forum moderators go like 'you should feel privileged to contribute to the community and to be able to play' well dear sirs your statement is wrong.

The people who would get kicked from the server for making room or any other reason and get tired of it, if they are willing to contribute to the community like we do they should rent their own server, making the community even bigger and having more servers to choose from. It would also become beneficial to teamplay cos they could consider to join the clan who rents/owns the server. So THAT way would be win-win for all.

So in short let admins kick but keep banned at tight leech like it is now and your 'community' will grow and even consist of people who love the game and want to contribute. Otherwise I give it 3 months and the community is dead.

I also rent a server for the reason I was tired of having to look around for a decent server with no lag/good ping and where all my real life friends could join who play DayZ (about 8 of em) but even I who pays it now 32 €a month have difficulty to join my own rented server which is absurd. I am strongly thinking of quiting this game even tho I love to play it.

I read many posts about this 'issue' and many forum moderators go like 'you should feel privileged to contribute to the community and to be able to play' well dear sirs your statement is wrong.

The people who would get kicked from the server for making room or any other reason and get tired of it' date=' if they are willing to contribute to the community like we do they should rent their own server, making the community even bigger and having more servers to choose from. It would also become beneficial to teamplay cos they could consider to join the clan who rents/owns the server. So THAT way would be win-win for all.

So in short let admins kick but keep banned at tight leech like it is now and your 'community' will grow and even consist of people who love the game and want to contribute. Otherwise I give it 3 months and the community is dead.

[/quote']

I highly doubt it stop hosting your server so we can get another who does feel privileged. Otherwise do what you gotta do, again the rules are set... and when you host you accept them, just like installing many programs, you don't accept the terms you cant use it. end of story, there not gonna change the terms of use for 1 person. :dodgy:

P.s, chances of the community dead in 3 months, its so doubtful its almost funny. :rolleyes:

Can admins somehow corrupt your install as you have a connection to the server?

While plaing last night I ran into a group of 5 players all were extremely well equiped, I layed an ambush for them and managed to kill 4 of the 5. When I respawned I went back to the location to find the last player also murdered and some of the gear looted. I looted the bodies and then those same players began to appear. I murdered 3 of them again and then I got desync, after about 5 minutes I quit out and tried to rejoin I then got a message that I had the incorrect version, I then got this message on several other servers. As 1.7.5 has been up and unchanged I don't see how this would be possible...

I highly doubt it stop hosting your server so we can get another who does feel privileged. Otherwise do what you gotta do' date=' again the rules are set... and when you host you accept them, just like installing many programs, you don't accept the terms you cant use it. end of story, there not gonna change the terms of use for 1 person. :dodgy:

P.s, chances of the community dead in 3 months, its so doubtful its almost funny. :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Clearly someone who has no server and didn't contribute to the community.

Unless trolling is considered a contribution :dodgy:

"(06-25-2012 12:37 PM)Ipod732 Wrote: By the way I'm sorry if I ranted earlier it's sadly a flaw that I have.

You talk about yourself way too much."

First off I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings within our debate. What I meant by ranting is that I do have the tendency of going on and on about one subject. It runs within my family..... I also find it quite amusing how you always write a sentence or two and expect to win the argument.

I also find it quite amusing how you always write a sentence or two and expect to win the argument.

You have to have a valid point for it to be an argument bro.

@LaxeCas if you won't give admin the right to kick then THAT will kill the game! all those hackers and whiners etc! they need to be kicked. Or people who think its ok to just sit in the lobby and come back after they had dinner or went to a movie!

fuck them! KICK I say! besides find better servers! Join DE1, on average I kick 1 person each week!

I know the points of both sides, and I happen to agree with both sides. I own a small server, meant to be a Clan Based server so the peeps I run with can actually learn and coordinate with each other over voice communications. I will admit I wanted to run a private Day Z Server, as I saw [broken] Server kicking anyone who is not in their clan out without warning and also see about twenty password servers. Now to me this is in clear violation to Day Z terms, which after talking to the server owners I pay to host my server.. they are the fortunate few under what I call 'Grandfather Clause'.

Which means they had the servers before the rules/terms were enforced or created. Now I will kick a$$ hats from my server, I watch the logs daily for any hacking and honestly I have not had to kick but one or two people from my server and that was for very high ping (300+). I am a nice guy and I have been working in the gaming community over six years as a server owner, and working for gaming companies such as Riot and EA Games. An being I am paying for my slotment I would wish to reserve to right to kick peeps (with fair warning 5 - 10 minute to get to a safe place for logging) if I had a clan member who wanted to get in. My server is packed almost 24/7, and I do have a warning on the log in saying admins reserve the right to kick to open slots.

Myself and the other admin have not had to enforce this as I know how hard this game can be, get kicked in a swarm of zombies to only log in passed out or worse in another horde of baddies. Now Admins are the back end funding to run servers, and like me, I pay a small amount a month to keep my server up for anyone to enjoy. Now I don't believe that the server admins should have a right to password there server, as to me that just is a waste of money for a server that could be played with the clan isn't on.

But I do wish to have a application to possibly put a password on the server for like four / five hours a week for Clan Night so clans enjoy a night of just working together and moving through the waste land. Granted the counter argument to this is that Clan Members gaining so much strength they prey upon other players or join other servers just to frag others. While this is true because I can see it being abused by PK clans, but clans like mine who enjoy the betterment of RP/RPG the game can come quite more enjoyable when I don't have to worry about some kid killing me cause he doesn't really care what people work hard for.

Now there other opportunity to this is to donate $25 to the producers a month just to have the rights to have a reserved / password server. But I am sure that idea is floating around somewhere.

That's my two cents, and I will be keeping a watchful eye on the development for this mod. :)

Personally I don't agree that server owners should wait in line to get to their own server and I don't think its a "Privilege" to pay out of your own pocket to provide for other people. I'm not a server owner and I thank every one of them who treats their players decently and provides us with the many many places to play.

Anyone who argues that they have the "Privilege" to host servers doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Edit: Typos.

The reason this mod has succeeded and indeed flourished beyond any expectations is that it is persistent, and more importantly, persistently brutal. As soon as you remove the threat of death "anywhere anytime anyway" you lose the essence of this game and will instantly lose its feel. To allow private servers or servers where clans can exercise overwhelming power would undoubtedly ruin the game. If a game is to be persistent, and persistently dangerous, you can't have a situation where groups of players can reduce their exposure through technological exploitation you lose the feeling of universal player base. If players gain an advantage by playing well and acting together thats one thing, to provide you and your friends an advantage messes with the fundamental game dynamic and irreversibly alters the feel of the game. I years ago played runescape, and remember well how the PVP elements of the game were fundamentally changed when the company made some major alterations.

The basis of DayZ as a concept is that you are in a virtual hellhole where death can appear at any moment, the thing that makes it so special is that the AI threat is increased tenfold by the fluctuating dynamic created by a living player base. This can only work when the game world and competitive environment is the same or similar across different servers. If a portion of the base would rather 'safe' and 'hoard' they're missing the point of the game. They can group and work together, but to hae the advantage of biased or significantly safer servers undermines the basis of this mod's success.

All major problems in life have no perfect solution that suits everyone. Improvements can and should be made but we must accept that universal perfection is fundamentally impossible. If you want a threatening, frightening and alien world to struggle through on your own or with friends to enjoy a human driven gaming experience, then support the dev team in their efforts to preserve the fragile essence of this mod. Small changes made quickly or in response to ill-formed opinion can and do cause major irreversible changes to MMORPG games, which this is. This is not a continuous BF3.

This applies to any and every form of server safety, from safe introductions to clan tactics, to places to learn the map. This game must ALWAYS be dangerous, that's its MO.

This is my first post on this site.

" I can see it being abused by PK clans, but clans like mine who enjoy the betterment of RP/RPG the game can come quite more enjoyable when I don't have to worry about some kid killing me cause he doesn't really care what people work hard for."

You're in the wrong game. This is a persistent, dangerous world where players are uncomfortable. This must apply across all servers. If you're here to build up the perfect character and protect your pixels that's fine, but you're going to be killed before you get there. That's the whole premise of this game. If you want safety, you want banks, you want guarantees, play a different game. There are plenty out there. If you dont enjoy the threat, the unpredictability, again, you need a different game. People are coming to this game, enjoying the early game, then creating clans, some of who seem to want the game dynamic to alter their own interests. This is against the free sandbox, human world that is creating such a unique and fun gaming environment.

Not saying I don't enjoy a threat, and I find the game alot more enjoyable with that aspect of the game in place. But there is people out there who are just 'Trolls' which turns the community that is actually trying to play the game with groups to kill anyone who comes close to them. I know I did so last night, felt bad about it but I saw him and fired right when he said friendly. Game has a aspect to it that doesn't allow that second or two pause to find if a target is friendly or not, and being that everyone is in Civ's or isn't marked a bandit I am simply weary of everyone and don't trust anyone that doesn't wear my clan tag. Now you mad good points and I happen to agree, but the game could be so much more on the RPG side of gaming instead of the PvP. I enjoy my server, and I enjoy those who come on the server and play as professionals, just the concept of dealing with kiddies who run into a town, agro every zombie in a 20 m radius.. run straight at me to let the zombies aggro to me... Yah.. if I had a started weapon even a hatchet... I would wack him and then die happy as zombie fodder lol

I have had people come up behind me with loaded AKs and say 'friendly' knowing I had a gun too but hadn't seen them. They've become my long term in game buddies. I've also had people taking shots at me, out of fear, as bandits, - that's the game. To make it easy to display your allegiance risks removing the unpredictability of this environment. To make the game more rpg and less PVP would change it completely and ultimately spoil it. People are as unpleaset in game as they are in real life, often worse. That's how it should be, counter it by playing differently or working with friends but accept that there are people out there who just want to get you. That's the game this is. There are others that are different so people should stop trying to change this to suit their own wishes.

Anyone associated with a clan is forbidden from hosting a server - punish clans who skimp past this and kick people (the 5%) by blacklisting the server. That way they'll learn to behave, and we can all be friends. <3

Seems like a straightforward fix to me. As long as a clan isn't being assholes, they get to have their fun within the available player slots... and so does everyone else.

Anyone associated with a clan is forbidden from hosting a server - punish clans who skimp past this and kick people (the 5%) by blacklisting the server. That way they'll learn to behave' date=' and we can all be friends. <3

Seems like a straightforward fix to me. As long as a clan isn't being assholes, they get to have their fun within the available player slots... and so does everyone else.

[/quote']

So I'll change my name, host a server, and tell my entire clan to remove their tags upon entry. In other words, your idea won't work.

Just because there are irresponsible players, DOES NOT mean you have to take the fun away from players who obey the rules, and have a good time.

Better hope you don't run into us in-game, Care Bear.

Yes I have seen this my self and its not right its been a problem on Seattle 40 as of late. Was teamed up with a friend of mine and I got killed, he killed a player just 1 min or so after I was blasted and reclaimed my lost gear. Not even 20 min later from then on to this day he is booted from the server many times a day and we play on 40 all the time and have been for weeks. We just thought it was an error but it clearly showed (You have been kicked) when he DC's so thanks for the heads up rocket, I guess we will move to another server, its a shame we enjoy Seattle 40.

FYI there is about 9 of us in a Team Speak and he is the only one that gets randomly kicked from Seattle 40 right after that event occurred and has been for the last 2 days now. Leave it to a hot head with admin to ruin the game for everyone.:-/

Anyone associated with a clan is forbidden from hosting a server - punish clans who skimp past this and kick people (the 5%) by blacklisting the server. That way they'll learn to behave' date=' and we can all be friends. <3

[/quote']

So I'll change my name, host a server, and tell my entire clan to remove their tags upon entry. In other words, your idea won't work.

Just because there are irresponsible players, DOES NOT mean you have to take the fun away from players who obey the rules, and have a good time.

Better hope you don't run into us in-game, Care Bear.

If you kick people from a server so your gay lov- er, clanmates can join then you're not obeying the rules, are you?

Oh no, i better not run into you in-game, i might become simply over-run by the sheer amount of indifference i feel towards your hollow attempts at insults and aggression.

I have started a server for another forum i visit. I never give them priority over normal players. And i have never kicked a player at all for killing me i understand the rules perfectly. And im happy to obide by them i want a good enviroment on my server where everyone can enjoy. Just because i started a server for another non arma related forum does that mean i must get the raw end of the server hosting rules? I see it more like our community has donated a server to this game and judging by th OP we are not getting priority or acceptance due to the fact the server is for a group even though they dont get priority on the server.