rocket

Kicking of Players for Clan members

in my opinion you all are missing the point

dayz mod needs private people with servers

and private people paying for servers want to run your mod

you depend on each other. y u no making mod, no server at all - no servers at all, u no making mod!

if i am paying for an server, i want to join this server and leave this server at times i want it.

and nobody will tell me when. thats the whole point why peole renting servers, to get own space, to avoid waiting times.

i ve no problem with game mechanics in dayz - if i got killed by an bandit, i got killed end of story,

but i wont pay with friends for a server, without having the possibility to join it.

i wont join servers in usa, with bad pings and a lot of lags.

i want to rent a server in my country with a good connection.

you are able to tell the people how this mod is played, but in the end its a mod wich depends on servers rented by private people.

find some rules for ingame mechanics, but dont tell people who is allowed to play on his own rented server.

that misses absolutely the point.

i was going to rent a server, to avoid lags and waiting times, to get some slots for friends, to have the chance to play together and have fun,

but after reading this post i am honestly afraid of renting one.

While you can do whatever you want with your own server, if you want access to the main DayZ character server to be able to play the mod, you must accept the rules.

If you can't, don't rent.

in my opinion you all are missing the point

dayz mod needs private people with servers

and private people paying for servers want to run your mod

you depend on each other. y u no making mod' date=' no server at all - no servers at all, u no making mod!

if i am paying for an server, i want to join this server and leave this server at times i want it.

and nobody will tell me when. thats the whole point why peole renting servers, to get own space, to avoid waiting times.

i ve no problem with game mechanics in dayz - if i got killed by an bandit, i got killed end of story,

but i wont pay with friends for a server, without having the possibility to join it.

i wont join servers in usa, with bad pings and a lot of lags.

i want to rent a server in my country with a good connection.

you are able to tell the people how this mod is played, but in the end its a mod wich depends on servers rented by private people.

find some rules for ingame mechanics, but dont tell people who is allowed to play on his own rented server.

that misses absolutely the point.

i was going to rent a server, to avoid lags and waiting times, to get some slots for friends, to have the chance to play together and have fun,

[/quote']

The rules with renting a server is fair. As Dallas just said, if you can't accept the rules, don't get a server.

Or get a server with 50 slots and usually a person leaves every 5 minutes.

With owning your own server, you get to have it in the location you want, the difficulty you want and possibly be able to advertise your community to 50 players.

Not everyone rents a server to gain benefit.... I don't. I have no community, yet I share host with Oxtox because we simply enjoy it.. Nothing more.

Enough moaning guys about the server rules

I have nothing against the rules set up before but what Rocket keeps saying is that most of these thing could get better a lot faster with more resources and that he only works on this on his free time. That is weird since this mod has bumped up ArmA 2: CO to second (2) place on top sellers on Steam, beat only by a -75% on civilization weekend.

Common Bohemia Interactive, if you wont get Rocket any help while he is making you tons of cash, at the very LEAST let Rocket work on the mod during business hours and lend him a server so he doesnt have to put his own money into it. If you wont I really hope Rocket will outgrow you as a company and leave.

Just sayin', seems like most of these problems are temporary due to main server power and resources.

I have nothing against the rules set up before but what Rocket keeps saying is that most of these thing could get better a lot faster with more resources and that he only works on this on his free time. That is weird since this mod has bumped up ArmA 2: CO to second (2) place on top sellers on Steam' date=' beat only by a -75% on civilization weekend.

Common Bohemia Interactive, if you wont get Rocket any help while he is making you tons of cash, at the very LEAST let Rocket work on the mod during business hours and lend him a server so he doesnt have to put his own money into it. If you wont I really hope Rocket will outgrow you as a company and leave.

Just sayin', seems like most of these problems are temporary due to main server power and resources.

[/quote']

The problems are due to server admins that think it's their right to tweak their server any way they see fit, when this server is connected to a central database that they have been graciously allowed to use.

I have nothing against the rules set up before but what Rocket keeps saying is that most of these thing could get better a lot faster with more resources and that he only works on this on his free time. That is weird since this mod has bumped up ArmA 2: CO to second (2) place on top sellers on Steam' date=' beat only by a -75% on civilization weekend.

[/quote']

The problems are due to server admins that think it's their right to tweak their server any way they see fit, when this server is connected to a central database that they have been graciously allowed to use.

Well if there were more servers then all of the servers wouldnt be full to bursting all the time. I'm not saying that those admins would be less jerks but it would give them less need to kick people to let others in as the OP is talking about.

well, after reading all posts and threads about this server rules, i decided not to rent a server, cant live with that kind of rules, so i wont rent -

being a selfish dick is cool even in this game,

i spare money, and there are enough people which are renting servers.

thx. your rules made my decision, not to rent - very easy.

now i am on my way to kill some survivors from behind, hehehe :D

thx to all other admins paying for my free guaranteed slot.:heart::heart:

"free guaranteed slot"? Even with all the servers for this mod, you are not guaranteed a slot. I host 2 servers, even I am not guaranteed a slot.

Do I pay for the server? Yes I do. Am I bothered if I get to play on my own servers? No I am not.

I will gladly go and play elsewhere if my servers are full. All the people moaning about how they want a guaranteed slot on their own server need to realise that this mod is currently in a major phase of testing.

The decent hosts have donated their servers to assist with the testing and development of this mod, and also allowing people to enter our servers for the purpose of testing. People need to realise what an alpha test is, and stop demanding so much in such an early phase.

Does this apply to servers with passwords? Ive seen quite a few who turn the password on and off sometimes locking 5 people in them. RU19 for example has 3 out of 40 and is locked.

well' date=' after reading all posts and threads about this server rules, i decided not to rent a server, cant live with that kind of rules, so i wont rent -

being a selfish dick is cool even in this game,

i spare money, and there are enough people which are renting servers.

thx. your rules made my decision, not to rent - very easy.

now i am on my way to kill some survivors from behind, hehehe :D

thx to all other admins paying for my free guaranteed slot.:heart::heart:

[/quote']

Good. Don't let the door hit ya.

Dallas1 seems to like to kick. Had it happen to me and a friend. Seems if you don't have a special tag, you could get the boot.

This has been requested. While we do want to have some "reserved slots" this effectively requires either a lot of scripting or changes to the base game code.

It is something that is being worked on but it is not finished

As has been said before' date=' this game is in alpha stage and there are many features that need to be developed. A reserve system is one of those things, and I'm sure rocket [b']will get one working by beta. Yes, it sucks for people that set up a server so they could play with friends/clanmates or whatever, but it's just something we'll have to live with for now.

If all the servers were de-centralized and had their own stand-alone databases, admins would be free to do whatever they wished. I don't necessarily agree with how the server infrastructure is set up, as it is not really sustainable for any larger of a playerbase and it is placing to much pressure on the dev team. They should be free to spend their time developing the mod, not babysitting servers. But it is set up how rocket envisioned it and we need to respect that.

Just yesterday, I was kicked out of nowhere. You see, when battleeye kicks you for "ping too high", it says so. But when it just says "you were kicked out of the game", it´s because someone on the server with admin powers kicked you.

I haven´t killed anyone (yet), so it wasnt some angry admin taking revenge. But I had a few friends playing with me on the server, and they saw someone from "the server clan" enter right after I got kicked.

DO NOT give more power to them. They are already abbusive as it is. You give them a water drop more, they will screw with it the same. Will they whine and complain? But of course. That´s all they do.

with so many servers and admins, there will always be some bad apples

Hahaha... I lol at the admin who think they'll be getting special favor just because they hosted a server. Thanks God this isn't turning into one of those Call of Duty servers where you have 10,000 different rules for each servers... (No shooting, no using this, no using that, crouch only!)

The game is in Alpha mode, and there's a lot of people who wants to play. If you're not willing to let people play in your server and instead only allowing your clanmate in, then you might as well leave and stay the fuck out.

You owning a server doesn't mean shit, nor does it mean that all of the sudden you're a God and dictate how everyone should play the game, especially considering how one game play from the server can affect the gameplay of another server. The only rules you have is the one Rocket decide for you considering it is "HIS" mod you're playing, and no one owes you anything.

Should be an option to reserve slots. Say you have a 50 slot server but want five clan members to be able to join? Boom, now you have a 45 slot server.

Well, no!

There is a shortage of servers. The demand is greater than the slots available. Reserved Slots mean (in your example) 5 less slots for general players to play on. If the clan is not playing 5 slots are wasted.

There is a long line of server owners waiting to get their servers online for dayz. If somebody is not happy with the current rules the next owner will happily take that spot.

In the future this might get an option, for the time being it is not.

As rocket said "walk a mile in my shoes", I do think a few of the people in the mod need to walk a mile in server owner's shoes, no further comment on this.

I would just like to say that, in my opinion, it would be far more effective to release LOCAL server files. This meaning that anyone can host a server that functions, but the ones with "Local" hives would only be on that machine's database. This way, groups of people can play with each other, the Dev team won't have to worry about main database overload, and players don't have to worry about OP people boosting on private servers, because again it's only ON THAT MACHINE. This way, everyone's happy and we no longer have to carry on a discussion :p

DaMonkey, that'd split the resources of the devs. The devs would now have to code to both support a centralized database and a local database. Any bugs would have to be verified in both code branches, in case the bug report is specific to only one branch etc.

Essentially, you'd give the devs a lot more work for something that gives little benefit, and actually takes away from what they want to do.

No disrespect intended, but if someone wants a local DayZ equivalent, there's nothing stopping them from coding it up themselves. That's the beauty about mods. Everyone can make their own. Don't expect a single dev to code it the way YOU want, when you can do it yourself.

Nothing stopping me except the fact I don't have a clue about how ArmA modding works (Ive made mods for other games before, ArmA seems hard as shit and there a little to no tutorials on getting started). I do see what your saying, and I wasn't saying for making it for Alpha. I was just saying something post release like this would be cool, because I'd like to use one server forever anyways.

Only admin abuse that I personally experienced was having admins kick everyone out and lock the server down when a buddy of mine ran across their little stockpile (about a dozen tents filled w/ shit and a couple of vehicles). He killed one of them when he was spotted and started investigating the tents, soon after we all get the boot. We rejoined the server once they unlocked it and they had moved all the loot. Pussies.

Loving how they have no sportsmanship. If they fight for their camp and lose, they lose their tent loot too. Moral of the story: Don't go on a clan hosted server.

Loving how they have no sportsmanship. If they fight for their camp and lose' date=' they lose their tent loot too. Moral of the story: Don't go on a clan hosted server.

[/quote']

I know that feel BRA 1 has the bad habit of kicking/killing (forcing a spawn in their tents) players that raid their "base". It's pretty ridiculous really.

A friend of mine found an helicopter in BRA 2 (same hosters of bra1) while they were fixing it, they were all kikced and when reconnect something ood happened, all the vehicles in the game were in flames.

Say several people are pooling money to pay for a server, would it be out of line to boot someone for one of them? Only asking because me a a few of my friends are thinking of hosting one.

• Like 1