Sign in to follow this  
Tjc222

Starting Weapon!!

Add some kind of starting weapon. I don't care if it's a Wooden Plank or a kitchen knife. I would like to have some kind of fighting chance.

I think guns were taken away because players went pvp the minute they spawned.

Hatchets are easy to find if you go looking for them, i bet you just want a decent rifle with a scope and lots of ammo or am i wrong?

Edited by Enforcer

I think introducing new players to a world of fear and the constant feeling of being prey works best without a starting weapon :P They took them out for a reason.

Yeah, near most spawns on the coast are what can pretty much be called a 'weapons cache'.

Balota, Kamenka and Komarov (Did I spell that last one right?) are all near the Balota airfield, which has a good chance to have firearms. (And snipers and players camping it as well)

Drakon is a little down the coast of Elektro, so you can hit up the town, or the Firehouse near the powerplant north-east of there.

Cherno, Elektro are towns (the undernamed english version, I don't recall the full names) and they are good for firearms, supplies and basic gear.

You should have no problem getting a gun or weapon quickly unless you are unlucky. The reason for spawning without a weapon are two-fold.

1. So you don't spawn and start killing players right away.

2. So you have nothing to fight with. You are now the bottom of the food-chain, work your way up.

A side benefit (in my opinion) is less people are likely to kill you as you start with nothing of real import. Have fun.

• Like 2

Yeah, near most spawns on the coast are what can pretty much be called a 'weapons cache'.

Balota, Kamenka and Komarov (Did I spell that last one right?) are all near the Balota airfield, which has a good chance to have firearms. (And snipers and players camping it as well)

Drakon is a little down the coast of Elektro, so you can hit up the town, or the Firehouse near the powerplant north-east of there.

Cherno, Elektro are towns (the undernamed english version, I don't recall the full names) and they are good for firearms, supplies and basic gear.

You should have no problem getting a gun or weapon quickly unless you are unlucky. The reason for spawning without a weapon are two-fold.

1. So you don't spawn and start killing players right away.

2. So you have nothing to fight with. You are now the bottom of the food-chain, work your way up.

A side benefit (in my opinion) is less people are likely to kill you as you start with nothing of real import. Have fun.

This. So very true.

just bloody find something

im sure they are going to add more melee weapon in the future,

but if the zombie apocalypse started you wouldnt have a weapon in your pocket

but for now, live with it

just bloody find something

im sure they are going to add more melee weapon in the future,

but if the zombie apocalypse started you wouldnt have a weapon in your pocket

but for now, live with it

I can understand why people don't want fresh players to start off with guns but I can assure you that if a zombie apocalypse ever happened the first thing I would have is a gun. I am certified for Firearms and I have both a gun in my car and in my house. If a zombie apocalypse ever did happen I would for sure have a gun over a backpack and a flashlight.

Edited by Tjc222

I can understand why people don't want fresh players to start off with guns but I can assure you that if a zombie apocalypse ever happened the first thing I would have is a gun. I am certified for Firearms and I have both a gun in my car and in my house. If a zombie apocalypse ever did happen I would for sure have a gun over a backpack and a flashlight.

You realize you no longer have food or water to sustain you in your home, so you decide to leave. On your way out, in the pitch black night, you hear footsteps and turn on your flashlight to see the mist hidden dewy pre-morning darkness. The light bounces off a moving shape, which now turns to your direction and begins to scramble across the ground rapidly.

Boom, zombie attack. Your guns are great for fending off the assaulting infected, but soon you find the lead-throwing machines do nothing more than attract more to your position. As you try to flee, you find the empty weapons are nothing more than weights slowing you down and as you try to jump over a fence you find they stop your escape. You throw them at the approaching infected and use the subtle halt of their advance to quickly throw yourself over the fence into the shallow water beyond. You find yourself near the beach and quickly swim your life.

As the sun rises, and you finally hit sand, you find yourself on a beach in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but a flashlight from the night before, and some bandages and painkillers you packed, you move on with your life.

Congrats, I just made you a poorly thought out starting reason for why you have NOTHING OF VIOLENT VALUE.

Or, you moved to Europe and they took your guns. Before you could get a new european background check and license, the zombies invaded. Sucks for you, time to start surviving. Pick your poison.

Edited by Zeromentor
  • Like 2

You realize you no longer have food or water to sustain you in your home, so you decide to leave. On your way out, in the pitch black night, you hear footsteps and turn on your flashlight to see the mist hidden dewy pre-morning darkness. The light bounces off a moving shape, which now turns to your direction and begins to scramble across the ground rapidly.

Boom, zombie attack. Your guns are great for fending off the assaulting infected, but soon you find the lead-throwing machines do nothing more than attract more to your position. As you try to flee, you find the empty weapons are nothing more than weights slowing you down and as you try to jump over a fence you find they stop your escape. You throw them at the approaching infected and use the subtle halt of their advance to quickly throw yourself over the fence into the shallow water beyond. You find yourself near the beach and quickly swim your life.

As the sun rises, and you finally hit sand, you find yourself on a beach in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but a flashlight from the night before, and some bandages and painkillers you packed, you move on with your life.

Congrats, I just made you a poorly thought out starting reason for why you have NOTHING OF VIOLENT VALUE.

Or, you moved to Europe and they took your guns. Before you could get a new european background check and license, the zombies invaded. Sucks for you, time to start surviving. Pick your poison.

Cool Story Bro. Anyways, I still think you should start off with something I don't care if it's a kitchen knife or a baseball bat. At the very least let us use our fists.

Yes, let's all punch Zeds. Then they add in where there is a chance your hand goes through the Zed and gets stuck for a few seconds. Then they add where the zombies can bite your arm off. This sounds fun. :D

Yes, let's all punch Zeds. Then they add in where there is a chance your hand goes through the Zed and gets stuck for a few seconds. Then they add where the zombies can bite your arm off. This sounds fun. :D

These zombies are not rotten, they are LIVING infected humans.

So, they'd beat your ass down. Fightclub the wrong way.

I totally see why they took out a starting weapon this game/mod is built on being pretty "hardcore" how ever I do think that the lack of starting weapon would turn many a new player off to the game when first starting out. Perhaps with all the servers having diffrent difficulty settings like Vet, Regular you could set it to different starting gear.

Example

Recruit: 2 bandages, 1 soda, flashlight, kitchen knife, painkillers

Regular: 1 Bandage, flashlight, kitchen knife (limited to say 50 strikes/ammo)

Vet: 1 Bandage, Flashlight

Hardcore: Flashlight

I totally see why they took out a starting weapon this game/mod is built on being pretty "hardcore" how ever I do think that the lack of starting weapon would turn many a new player off to the game when first starting out. Perhaps with all the servers having diffrent difficulty settings like Vet, Regular you could set it to different starting gear.

Example

Recruit: 2 bandages, 1 soda, flashlight, kitchen knife, painkillers

Regular: 1 Bandage, flashlight, kitchen knife (limited to say 50 strikes/ammo)

Vet: 1 Bandage, Flashlight

Hardcore: Flashlight

Spawn on Recruit, switch to Hardcore.

Just found a way to exploit. Try harder next time.

I think guns were taken away because players went pvp the minute they spawned.

Hatchets are easy to find if you go looking for them, i bet you just want a decent rifle with a scope and lots of ammo or am i wrong?

they just need to make it posible to punch or something

Spawn on Recruit, switch to Hardcore.

Just found a way to exploit. Try harder next time.

First off no need to be D&$@* people are just talking about ideas. I am not naive enough to belive that my ideas would be implamented into the game. Second I never stated the idea was fool proof, I was just saying there are ways the powers that be could make it a bit new player friendly. Yes there would defiantly would need to be things put in place to prevent exploits and such. I for one really do not care if there is a starting weapon or not I have played long enough to know how to get on and get a weapon and food right off the bat. That said this mod is becoming more and more popular everyday and I know we all want this to be a great community, so why not have some sort of help for new players when first starting out.

The starting weapon is your brain. Use it!

• Like 1

Welcome in Chernarus, supposedly in Czech Republic. Do you travel in Europe with a gun in your backpack? No, you don't. Plus, having no weapong is good for the players:

people with no brain will run around, be beaten to death by zeds, will find it way to hard & will never come back.

People with brain will watch some videos after a few failure, will learn how to avoid the zeds, where to look, will download a map with the loot position & will, after a short period of time, become true survivors,

TL;DR: No, you don't need a gun. Stop being a whining little pussy & learn to suck the dirt. At least with your mouth full of tasty earth you won't complain on the forum.

I imagine myself being shipwrecked due to zombie attack onboard the evacuation ship you're on. The only thing you could do was abandon ship and only take the EXTREME necessities, whereof even the flashlight would be heavy to swim a distance with. once I get to shore, I fall unconscious for a certain amount of time, then I wake up again, rested, and ready to continue the trials of the zombie apocalypse on foot.

Thats the intro story they ought to adapt, would explain why you don't start with a gun and ammo atleast, as trying to swim with it would in the end make you sink like a rock

First off no need to be D&$@* people are just talking about ideas. I am not naive enough to belive that my ideas would be implamented into the game. Second I never stated the idea was fool proof, I was just saying there are ways the powers that be could make it a bit new player friendly. Yes there would defiantly would need to be things put in place to prevent exploits and such. I for one really do not care if there is a starting weapon or not I have played long enough to know how to get on and get a weapon and food right off the bat. That said this mod is becoming more and more popular everyday and I know we all want this to be a great community, so why not have some sort of help for new players when first starting out.

A bad idea is a bad idea. Worse when someone comes up with it and doesn't even have the dignity to try to make it sound good before trying to feed it to the community. I said to try again. Instead of trying again, I get insulted. So either you can't come up with a GOOD idea, or lack the bare basic brain power to dress up a bad idea. Either way, TRY AGAIN.

And no, everyone gets the same treatment. No entitlement here.

Cool Story Bro. Anyways, I still think you should start off with something I don't care if it's a kitchen knife or a baseball bat. At the very least let us use our fists.

Suppose to be a war simulation, can't use your fist, dont sound real to me...except for everything els in the game.

(Falls to knees, arms outstretched, gazing skyward)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!