TractorFiend

L85A2 gone, snipers will reign supreme

I don't see any reason for this weapon to be removed. It's rare as hell, really loud and inaccurate, and is only useful as a spotting scope for rooting out hidden players camping. I kept one in my alice pack, meaning I couldn't carry much food/water/medicine etc around with me.

It was perfectly balanced.

Now snipers will be able to go about their days with no worries at all. Better get my AS50 out and start killing people in cherno.

It wasn't "rare", the thermal is not needed, people are supposed to camp.. it was not balanced

• Like 1

It was rare; however people found and abused a duplication bug.

I think it was good that it went; the thermal was OP.

Hopefully all thermal will be removed, and NVGs after that until a better loot spawn system is made.

I am more worried about losing my 2 ghillie suits, antibiotics, m24, all ammo and food to this new patch. Just fell thru the world after putting on another ghillie after my first one was destroyed

I've never found a ghillie suit, range finder or gps. Although I've found 3 L85A2's, 2 NVG's, sever different types of sniper rifles and I find 3 vehicles per day.

Spawn chances are that, chance. I got lucky with the thermal scoped gun, but that's been shit on now. HF snipers with your range finders. I'm sure I'll get killed by you soon.

Can we all stop pretending that snipers are not the main group of people who use these things.

Who's pretending what now?

I'm saying that this gun was the Anti-sniper weapon of choice. You had the chance to see them before they can get the drop on you. Balance.

How was it OP?

It was used for spotting only, some ppl was teaming up, one sniper one spotter, thats fair, Teamwork should result in rewards.....

But ofc, Having a ghillie suit and a sniper killing ppl in cherno and elektro without ANY chance to find you is not op, Oh i love the irony

How was it OP?

It was used for spotting only' date=' some ppl was teaming up, one sniper one spotter, thats fair, Teamwork should result in rewards.....

But ofc, Having a ghillie suit and a sniper killing ppl in cherno and elektro without ANY chance to find you is not op, Oh i love the irony

[/quote']

Finally, a guy who sees some sense and isn't fucking retarded.

I just found a jeep, with an L85A2 ACOG GL in it... it was parked right next to a deer stand! Is this the new L85A2? Or.... ???

I just found a jeep' date=' with an L85A2 ACOG GL in it... it was parked right next to a deer stand! Is this the new L85A2? Or.... ???

[/quote']

Waitwaitwait.

ACOG. And grenade launcher. Well, I guess that's a compromise... kinda.

(Is that a hacked weapon, though? Maybe. We won't know, since nobody has any info on the new weapons.)

I just found a jeep' date=' with an L85A2 ACOG GL in it... it was parked right next to a deer stand! Is this the new L85A2? Or.... ???

[/quote']

No one knows what weapons were added since the dayz team is very amateur at making patchnotes.

How was it OP?

It was used for spotting only' date=' some ppl was teaming up, one sniper one spotter, thats fair, Teamwork should result in rewards.....

[/quote']

Ghillie suits are gone along with L85's. Don't be fucking lazy.

Stay in tree lines don't run in the open, keep buildings or hills between you and potential camp spots, scout out prime sniper locations with binos before doing anything, utilize smoke, flank, distract, use a sniper rifle yourself to counter snipe, plan your routes carefully.

I think it should be brought back, but more rare. It is the anti-bandit weapon. Though I have never had the weapon in my own hands.

2 things. One has this been actually confirmed other than the fact that everyone with L85s don't have them anymore? And two does this mean I will now have to try and find another primary weapon? I mean I get it its survival, but for the first time since I played this game I actually felt like I had a chance to survive ghillied snipers who just sit for hours on end at one town or the assholes who server hop from place to place looking for guys looting. You can say having thermal is over powered all you want. But I am pretty sure there is another forum for your complaints about weapons being over powered. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489415181502/

So what if it is over powered. Why can't a game have a realistically over powered weapon... Its not like it shoots heat seeking laser beams. Yeah so having a thermal may be a bit much, but from after playing other mods and modes of this game it is one of the most under powered rifle in its class. I have been playing this mod for a few months now and I've found your nvgs, your gps', all the goodies, but the other day was the first time I've ever seen a L85 so you got killed by it once or twice, let's remove all weapons because of that... I get there is a duping problem there is also a disconnect to avoid death problem, there is a spawning in the debug forest problem, there is a lose all your shit when you where alt clothing problem. Those are problems, let's not get all Battlefield 3 up in here about weapons. One of the main reasons I left the Battlefield series was I was sick and tired of hearing people bitch about weapons and camo and other dumb shit being over powered. That's what this complaint is. Dumb. Also let's not forget this is an alpha and the Dayz mod team supports this better than Dice does Battlefield, plus as I asked above has this even been confirmed? I don't know just my 2 cents.

It was rare; however people found and abused a duplication bug.

I think it was good that it went; the thermal was OP.

This. Face it, your shit was probably from a duper.

Full reset once the dupe bug is gone is mandatory.

How was it OP?

[/quote']

Stay in tree lines don't run in the open, keep buildings or hills between you and potential camp spots, scout out prime sniper locations with binos before doing anything, utilize smoke, flank, distract, use a sniper rifle yourself to counter snipe, plan your routes carefully.

THIS.

To be perfectly honest if your only sniper counter-measures is a thermal scope you really need to up your game. And use your brain.

I'll give you one tip to help you learn to counter snipers without being a lazy fucker.

*TIP*: Snipers are looking for the zeds around you. Use a distraction as most of the bushwookies will hit the floor and start scoping the area they can see the zeds by. So use that time to scope/binoc for them as they will most likely be stationary for this time

Theres a LOT you can do to counter snipers without needing such a crutch. By your logic a single sniper could have won WWI.

Still, need some sort of anti-sniper gear/weapon. I think as an addition to nightvision goggles, thermal/heat vision could also be an option as a counter balance.

Stay in tree lines don't run in the open' date=' keep buildings or hills between you and potential camp spots, scout out prime sniper locations with binos before doing anything, utilize smoke, flank, distract, use a sniper rifle yourself to counter snipe, plan your routes carefully.

[/quote']

Umm how are ghillie suits gone? They're bugged atm but far from gone.

Do you actually know that a ghillie sniper camping in a tree line laying fully prone is practically impossible to see? Your logic is flawed because at the end of the day you still need to expose yourself to loot the tents at Stary, and the hangers at airfields.

Either get rid of ghillie suits or bring L85's back.

Ya if you are going to take mine and other peoples main rifles away in a patch...put something in our hands. Seems like we are being penalized for owning the gun and now have to run and find one.

IMO if you are going to remove the L85 might as well do away with NV as well as it falls under the same "it doesn't fit in with the survival" argument that everybody claims. Better yet melee weapons for all. :)

How was it OP?

[/quote']

THIS.

To be perfectly honest if your only sniper counter-measures is a thermal scope you really need to up your game. And use your brain.

I'll give you one tip to help you learn to counter snipers without being a lazy fucker.

*TIP*: Snipers are looking for the zeds around you. Use a distraction as most of the bushwookies will hit the floor and start scoping the area they can see the zeds by. So use that time to scope/binoc for them as they will most likely be stationary for this time

Theres a LOT you can do to counter snipers without needing such a crutch. By your logic a single sniper could have won WWI.

This isn't WWI, it's a mod in alpha.

Snipers that are prone, hiding, seeing the zombies spawn, if they have RF, they generally don't miss you. So being able to have a look around the area of a town before you enter makes for a bit more balance. Instead now, we're going to have server hopping camping ghillie suited asshole griefer snipers shooting people and not even looting them, with nobody to stop them.

I get the whole thing that if they miss, you can hide away, use smoke grenades, go around cover etc, or log out, jump on another server and carry on. But that's not the point. It wasn't a crutch, it was a tool to spot assholes and avoid them.

You all have to remember this is the Alpha phase of the game. This is where balancing needs to occur.

I think most of the "crying" in game about OP this and OP that comes from a group of players who run around this game like its MW3.

This game is about "survival" period..... whether it be zeds or other players. It's all about being patient, using caution and planning.

Have fun playing the game...............

............"Let's be careful out there...." (Sergeant Phil Esterhaus-Hill Steet Blues)