rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Oh that reminds me, is the "study body" supposed to be broken? All it ever shows is "His name was _____ it appears he died from" and then nothing. Same for people being killed by players, it never shows "____ was killed by _____", it just says "_____ was killed" on any server I go to. (Sorry, I'm a relative newb, been playing a week or so and just signed on to forums now to talk about patch gameplay)

No, it's not designed to tell you who killed you, ala death match style. Silent, anonymous killers.

• Like 1

Weird bug I'm getting with the latest update; I first tried joining one of the steam gamers servers where my group has its camp. I had nice gear in 1.7.1.5 but saw the gender selection screen when loading in with the new version. I pressed male without thinking, then quit the game after spawning in Kamenko.

a bit later I tried joining a 1.7.2 hfbserver with b9444 and I spawned back where I was before the update with all my loot! well great, I survived the patch. The thing is, if I join any steam gamers server I spawn back on the coast where I spawned when I first joined after the update. Any other servers and I'm back where I was before the update with all my gear. I guess I'll get a group member to ferry stuff between me and our camp by server hopping, but this is a bit ridiculous as now I have a separate character on the steam gamers server (haven't really played with that char though).

Hmm, it seems like day/night circle can be reset if you log out and log back in to the server. A nice bug i should say :D. Also this new patch ate my mk48 mod 0 :@

Arma2 CO

First minute in 1.7.2 94444 with 20 players in server. Sunny day.

Spawning in last location when 1.7.1.5: Electro, in the last enterable house before Power Plant. My gear is intact.

Plan: Go outside walking crouched to the Power plant direction close zombies to test his visibility, make them agro and test his velocity inside the building.

Zombies: walking around at 40 meters and aproaching.

Action: Pang! pang! pang!, dying like an idiot because in my plan I forgot the other players.... shit! Why are people so hostile in the alpha, come on guys, wait for the beta!

after updating arma2

New player in 1.7.2 94700 with 50 players, sunny day.

Spwaning in Kamyshovo port.

Plan: look for any loot.

Zombies: everywere

Action: dragging between them and go inside a small porch for loot, them two zombies see me when i stand to enter. Between me and zombies a open wooden fence at one meter. Bit me for some time and no broken legs, and no die. One is boring and leftme and the other is angry but he isn´t walking towards me. Stop bleeding without the use of bandages. I have now 4500 of blood and still having good vision and no stress. Then i dragging again to try the scape to the back side. I did and go inside a enterable house. I found a crowbar, I'm so happy. Then desync start when i try to pick up the crowbar and nothing happens. I try six times and after then the crowbar is in my hands with 4 ammo to reload. Reloaded. I decide go out side and then i must reload again, one step and i need another reload, one step and

last ammo to reload. One step more and fuck, the crowbar is useless.

Then my computer freezes to end my stress.....

Can be the desycn becouse my ping is more than 100 ms more of the time?

(sorry for my english)

Arma2 CO

First minute in 1.7.2 94444 with 20 players in server. Sunny day.

Spawning in last location when 1.7.1.5: Electro, in the last enterable house before Power Plant. My gear is intact.

Plan: Go outside walking crouched to the Power plant direction close zombies to test his visibility, make them agro and test his velocity inside the building.

Zombies: walking around at 40 meters and aproaching.

Action: Pang! pang! pang!, dying like an idiot because in my plan I forgot the other players.... shit! Why are people so hostile in the alpha, come on guys, wait for the beta!

after updating arma2

New player in 1.7.2 94700 with 50 players, sunny day.

Spwaning in Kamyshovo port.

Plan: look for any loot.

Zombies: everywere

Action: dragging between them and go inside a small porch for loot, them two zombies see me when i stand to enter. Between me and zombies a open wooden fence at one meter. Bit me for some time and no broken legs, and no die. One is boring and leftme and the other is angry but he isn´t walking towards me. Stop bleeding without the use of bandages. I have now 4500 of blood and still having good vision and no stress. Then i dragging again to try the scape to the back side. I did and go inside a enterable house. I found a crowbar, I'm so happy. Then desync start when i try to pick up the crowbar and nothing happens. I try six times and after then the crowbar is in my hands with 4 ammo to reload. Reloaded. I decide go out side and then i must reload again, one step and i need another reload, one step and

last ammo to reload. One step more and fuck, the crowbar is useless.

Then my computer freezes to end my stress.....

Can be the desycn becouse my ping is more than 100 ms more of the time?

(sorry for my english)

N

No, I am in Hawaii, so all my ping is 80-140 (usually the higher end). Desync is just happening a lot more with 1.7.2. Log out and in again, should help (or force you to change servers because you get stuck at Waiing for Character to Create).

Also @MissNuts, thanks. Wasn't sure because I read a post about reporting people killing others in debug plains, wherein a mod said if you see "Bob killed by billybob" 3 or 4 times rapidly, you should screenshot and report, but I'd never seen a "killed by" so I was confused.

No, it's not designed to tell you who killed you, ala death match style. Silent, anonymous killers.

he's talking about the 'study body' option

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

it's an option on dead players. it tells you their name and I guess it's supposed to say how they died. but it seems to still not be working correctly

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

he's talking about the 'inspect body' option

it's an option on dead players. it tells you their name and I guess it's supposed to say how they died. but it seems to still not be working correctly

Actually I was asking about both, but thank you for answering the other half of the question! :D

SOM!

The answer to ALL your rants, whines and dummy spits is .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Lost your Ghillie suit? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Lost your favoutire weapon? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Spent an hour gathering nuts and berries now lost? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Your Mother doesn't appreciate you? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Grow a pair people! .. THIS IS ALPHA!

EOM!

• Like 1

I currently have 3 different characters depending on which server I join. I imagine it's because of all the desyncing.

Zombie visual aggro needs to be toned down.

Me and my bro have noticed that sometimes, even without gold or yellow chains, our locations on each others screens aren't synced. We are both on 1.7.2 and 94700.

The first time:

Approaching a hunting stand through a field. My bro asks me why i'm crouching in a field, when I was already in the tower.

Second time:

East of Berezino. My bro was crouch walking in place in the field. I was behind the brick wall. When he reached the wall, he teleported on my screen from the field to about 2m infront of me.

Third time:

Firefight in Elektro high yield. When we ran into each other on the 2nd floor, the guy was jumping around my screen, from the stairs to the hallway in 1 frame. I won :)

Not sure if its better or worse, but in all 3 occasions there were no gold or red chains on my screen. In general, game play is smoother though.

Specs:

My speedtest rings out at 18mbps.

Asus p6t deluxe v2

990x @ 4.4ghz

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked

24 GB 1600ghz ram

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Arma 2 Combined Ops STEAM

Edited by DimaKarpa

Did anyone notice you can't place a gun in your backpack anymore? I did this before but my guns disappear with the new patch.

SOM!

The answer to ALL your rants, whines and dummy spits is .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Lost your Ghillie suit? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Lost your favoutire weapon? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Spent an hour gathering nuts and berries now lost? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Your Mother doesn't appreciate you? .. THIS IS ALPHA!

Grow a pair people! .. THIS IS ALPHA!

EOM!

Fuck you and your patronizing alpha shit. WE KNOW IT"S ALPHA

• Like 2

so... what's with the Z's being like super nija's now, got attacked while laying still in a clump of trees... was this the plan or is it a bug?

Did anyone notice you can't place a gun in your backpack anymore? I did this before but my guns disappear with the new patch.

I put a gun in my backpack literally 10 minutes ago, 1.7.2 and the latest beta patch.

Make sure you have room before you put things in your backpack or it deletes them.

Fuck you and your patronizing alpha shit. WE KNOW IT"S ALPHA

Really? C'mon now...

kaOZ has a point. People need to chill the hell out. When you "dedicate" time to playing this game and gathering all of your loot, you HAVE TO understand that this is a FREE MOD that is in its developmental stages, and that your loot is secondary to fixing performance issues, server issues, and pretty much everything else. I had camo, an alice pack, a CCO with 6 Stanags, almost every tool (no GPS), 2 tents, even cars, and they are gone to debug forest land. I don't bitch and moan, I put up a post about the circumstances surrounding the bug to help the dev team figure out how to make this game playable and enjoyable and I start over.

I put a gun in my backpack literally 10 minutes ago, 1.7.2 and the latest beta patch.

Make sure you have room before you put things in your backpack or it deletes them.

yep, I lost an m24 like that :(

It seems the disappearing mags hasn't been fixed... i logged out with half mag and when i relogged after hours one mag was missing, so i used another mag, used a couple of ammo, and when i relogged again i found no mags at all.

Also zeds behaviours are convicing at all (i don't care about how hard it is... i'm talking about how they randomly see/hear you, including when they have no LoS).

Me and my bro have noticed that sometimes, even without gold or yellow chains, our locations on each others screens aren't synced. We are both on 1.7.2 and 94700.

The first time:

Approaching a hunting stand through a field. My bro asks me why i'm crouching in a field, when I was already in the tower.

Second time:

East of Berezino. My bro was crouch walking in place in the field. I was behind the brick wall. When he reached the wall, he teleported on my screen from the field to about 2m infront of me.

Third time:

Firefight in Elektro high yield. When we ran into each other on the 2nd floor, the guy was jumping around my screen, from the stairs to the hallway in 1 frame. I won :)

Not sure if its better or worse, but in all 3 occasions there were no gold or red chains on my screen. In general, game play is smoother though.

Specs:

My speedtest rings out at 18mbps.

Asus p6t deluxe v2

990x @ 4.4ghz

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked

24 GB 1600ghz ram

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Arma 2 Combined Ops STEAM

I had some major issues with this with a friend. seemed to happen everytime someone was losing connection. the worst part is, that my friends way of seeing how it worked was to shoot me in the foot where i was on his screen, even though i was in a completely different spot.... BAM broken leg... no gunshot sound... its making teaming really tough.

You definitely still can, as long as there is space, if not they will vanish.

I had empty inventory in my backpack, so that couldnt be it. Or my backpack isnt large enough for one weapon, I doubt it.

I had empty inventory in my backpack, so that couldnt be it. Or my backpack isnt large enough for one weapon, I doubt it.

Weapons take 10 slots so if you had the starter backpack it's not large enough.

this may be alpha but for a patch rocket and crew said they wouldent release early because it was crazy different and needed testing time they sure released the worst danm patch i think any of us have seen. The database and online code of the game is litterally F*CKED. Love the aggro range tho.

In addition, stop catering to the masses, keep making the game harder. Its what you originally wanted. (Not saying just the hardcore players, rocket made it no secret it was his goal to create an unbalanced, realistic anti-game) and yet the more and more players they have the more they dumb it down. With fame and money comes change and its always change to appease the share holders and in most cases its not what the devolper wanted. Keep focused on making the game brutal. You wana know why there is constant PVP? Because the zombies keep going soft cuz of all the winers. If I shoot you and can just DC and come back and dont have to worry about zombies seeing me and shit than Im going to keep doing it. FOCUS ON THE EXPLOITS. DC, SERVER hopping should be 10 times more important than most anything. Zombie behavior, making them harder so PVP is riskier should be next. I feel like the devs have tottally lost focus with fame.

@VictorM, It seriously sounds like you are just spouting out nonsense now. They are trying new things, just because they did something you didnt like doesnt mean they are "losing focus". Rocket is experimenting and he'll keep doing that till he gets what he envisioned.

• Like 2

I apologize if this has already been answered or has been brought up many times, but have they fixed ghillie suits? I've found one a while back and been keeping it in my backpack since because I heard theres a glitch that it makes your items dissappear? Well, is this fixed? I'd like to wear it :D

Check out page 46 for the Exploit of duping gear and ruining the game for everyone, easily.

Just to let you know, I'm fully updated but have a friend that is refusing to update and we're testing to see if the exploit is still possible. It is, and it's even easier than before.

So once again, if you haven't checked page 46. Here's the new version:

Step 1:

Do not update to 1.7.2. Stay on 1.7.1.5 Beta 94444. Connect to and play on 1.7.2 servers

Step 2:

Once you acquire 'phat lewts' disconnect. (to the lobby of the server) and reconnect. This will save your location as well as all your gear.

Step 3:

Get close to friends, and hit respawn. They loot all your stuff, and you will be born again, with all the gear in the same location. You can rinse and repeat that indefinitely.

Bonus bug #1: If you just want to be a complete dick. follow step 1 and pop on a ghillie suit. You then become invisible to everyone else, and you can KILL EVERYONE with no chance of them seeing and or/shooting you.

The only problem with the ghillie suit is when you loot anything, and or run around no progress is saved. Besides ruining some ones day.

Bonus bug #2: All of this, is done with absolutely NO zombie aggro. Even with the ghillie suit off, when they and all players can see you.

For people that are going to jump up and yell "REAPS YOU FUCKIN' ASS! YOU RUINED THE GAME!" No, i haven't I'm shedding light on what a select few people are more than likely already doing. And if I somehow am the first one to discover this, then I'm yelling it from the rooftops, because someone else will find it out. and try to keep it to themselves.

These are very easy to fix. I'm sure. And i think a few issues have been fixed in the trial 1.7.2.1. I'm just trying to make the exploit known. So don't shoot the messenger.

Reaps

• Like 4

@VictorM, It seriously sounds like you are just spouting out nonsense now. They are trying new things, just because they did something you didnt like doesnt mean they are "losing focus". Rocket is experimenting and he'll keep doing that till he gets what he envisioned.

You are actually the one spewing nonsense. As I said, its not something "I didnt like" or anything I only particularly want that he isnt doing. Its something HE, ROCKET, the CREATOR wanted. An antigame with no balancing only realism. They are losing focus.

Edited by VictorM