rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Zombies popping in and out of existence.

Stability seems to have taken a hit. Alot more lag for myself and friends on servers. Including more disconnects. Far more yellow and red chain icon.

Zombies half in and out of the world (waist up) . Only noticed this in buildings so far.

Keep up the great work devs, cheers!

I apologize if this has already been answered or has been brought up many times, but have they fixed ghillie suits? I've found one a while back and been keeping it in my backpack since because I heard theres a glitch that it makes your items dissappear? Well, is this fixed? I'd like to wear it :D

Well we are still in the same patch 1.7.2 so what do you think? Of course it's not fixed, wait for a new patch.

I think an important thing to take from all the crying is that people love DayZ. I know I'm suffering without my daily DayZ fix.

I've run into the usual issues as everyone else. Desyncs and the such, luckily, I don't have a Gillie suit though...so I'm safe there...for now.

Anyways, cheers for the great work team. Loving the mod and looking forward to more of the same. Keep it up.

Awesome.. now there's going to be a hundred invisible cod kiddies running around duping shit and sniping from the middle of the streets..

Don't you realize that there's a dev bug tracker for stuff like this? Reposting the same exploit over and over really does ruin things for other people. You can tell yourself you're "doing it right" until you're blue in the face, fact is, in order to fix something like this it requires that the coders find the part of code that causes it, fix it and release a hotfix to correct it. You've posted it twice so far.. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware.

Please don't post it anymore. If I was a mod, I would edit the post and warn you for posting exploits.. you're lucky I'm just a "regular" user.

I'm glad you are pretty sure the devs are aware.

Are you really that narrow minded that you think i'm the first one to achieve this? There's countless people doing it and duping items. Keeping it a secret is the exploit ya tool. This is exactly the way to STOP said invisible snipers killing you randomly. Stir the hornets nest in order for a very simple fix. You can use this blue in the face comment, until your blue in the face. I will KEEP posting the exploit until the exploit is acknowledged by someone with a bit of credibility. Why? because there's no Alpha, Testing, Bug finding. When you can't go 40 meters to test stuff without getting plotted by some invisible character.

You people are moaning about missing guns, while there's people not losing anything on death, running around with no chance of zombies noticing them and killing you. And it's been happening since the second patch by the looks of a few videos. I used to just think oh its script kiddies. but, nah, its not. It's easily exploited non-updates. If there wasn't page after page of i've lost *this*. I think the zombies are broken etc etc. Then i wouldn't have to keep posting this.

I'll also spam the shite out of it until it is KNOWN by the devs. You do realize this, right? It's simple. Until Rocket / Anders says "cool story bro!" and i know they've seen it i'll keep posting it. Stop derailing the thread with your tin god comments about how if you were a mod you'd edit the post. And warn me. Get over yourself. You're the exact reason people shut up and screw the hell out of a bug (making it an exploit) and keep it hush hush for as long as possible.

You thought the game was turning into a deathmatch before? Think about it now, when there's literally NO WAY of losing gear, and it's respawning at your selected waypoint with your same kit set up. Welcome to call of duty. with broken bones.

This isn't an exploit, if they deal with it. This isn't a fully fleshed out game, it's a mod. In alpha. We are Alpha testers. This is the feedback page for the 1.7.2 patch. This is said feedback. Contribute, or don't post.

But to be constructive about it. I have two methods to fix the exploit for the devs. who may or may not see this after Cyn edits my post and warns me :P

1) Force a patch server wide. If they're not running the latest version. No one connects to the server.

I've never understood for the life of me why we have servers versions back in 1.7.0 etc when we're so far forward. This is Alpha, surely we have to unify the server files and not have multiple versions running. Which just creates false bug reports because someone is running on a server with slightly different setup files compared to the one they played on 20 minutes ago.

The feedback is useless when they're running outdated versions. Most of them do it for personal gain as it's either easier because zombies haven't been tweaked, the loot spawns are more consistent, It's quieter so they can server hop and yum the loot up themselves. Only to then jump in the up to date version and be jackasses. There is NO legit reason for having an out dated version running on your server. Face it. It's an alpha mod that we are supposed to test at its current build. Who gives a rats arse if it's stable? It shouldn't be! If Dayz has such a huge player base all on one version, it moves forward a lot quicker. Vital bugs, ideas that are clearly not working are spotted so much faster and dealt with. (before someone mentions armax users - the ones that could fix it. the fix was in the form of a ARMA BETA patch. The others. were just SOL. It happens)

Or

2) Force clients to be running the same files for the server. (This seems to be a fairly easy task. You show us when we're out of date with the watermarked you are running version 1.7.x, server is running 1.7.X)

If you MUST keep the spectrum of versions across servers. Force people to pick.

Seems to me like the code is already in place to know if you are running compatible versions or not. The checks are being done. And they're working. There's just no real action stopping you carrying on. I've tried to play on a 1.7.2 server with the experimental 1.7.2.1 files. and it's almost impossible. Due to the very simple fact that the watermark is a solid black screen. which hangs there for 5-10 seconds, leaves for a split second and is back.

This is heading in the right direction and is already doable. It would almost fix everything in the exploit i've mentioned. You simply can not play the mod when trying to run on 1.7.2 with 1.7.2.1 files because of it.

You have the ability, the coding is done. Just incorporate this screen into all incorrect versions. Instead of the watermark. and you've almost fixed the issue.

I'd much rather see some ones character data wiped when they move from one major patch to the other. This stops them owning a 1.6 server with all their fancy gear and then jumping over to a 1.7.2 to kill someone with little fear of losing their other stuff a server across.

This however may be a bigger task. I'm not sure if you can add code for the hive to check last played version. If the version its connected to doesn't correspond they get the male / female char choice and it's "OLA BEACH!"

Course this would result in liquid gold. AKA Tears. But it's a mod in development and forcing a new spawn, on a new patch ensures everyone gets to thoroughly test it. From the start. It would also mean loot wipes, bye tents, vehicles etc. But the + side of it. You wouldn't have people saying "WHENS THE PATCH!?!?!" because they'd want to keep the cars / tents / piles of NVG's for longer. It'd be more like "ROCKET, ADD MORE. GIVE IT A WEEK OR 3. TEST IT MORE!"

• Like 4

was playing a few hours last night, only ran into a few issues;

zombie detection seems a little iffy. I was lying in a field in the middle of nowhere when i got bum rushed by three of them hadn't made a noise and no one seemed to have run them into me. its just seems zombies can see and hear further, at least that is how it seems.

also sometimes zombies would just disappear, usually when running, saw that happen about ten times when i was hiding out near a village, the seem to aggro on something then vanish, some would reappear and just run somewhere after about a minute or so

i also kept having issues with my gun, I would have ammo in my inventory but I could not reload my weapon, ended up just dropping them for new weapons but it happened 2 or 3 times, don't know if that is a pre-existing bug tho?

zombies do seem easier to evade, in fact some would loose interest if I just vaulted over a fence or small wall could look them in the face and they would just wonder off.

anyway nothing game breaking from what i saw, an enjoyable patch. thank you :)

Check out page 46 for the Exploit of duping gear and ruining the game for everyone, easily.

Just to let you know, I'm fully updated but have a friend that is refusing to update and we're testing to see if the exploit is still possible. It is, and it's even easier than before.

So once again, if you haven't checked page 46. Here's the new version:

Step 1:

Do not update to 1.7.2. Stay on 1.7.1.5 Beta 94444. Connect to and play on 1.7.2 servers

Step 2:

Once you acquire 'phat lewts' disconnect. (to the lobby of the server) and reconnect. This will save your location as well as all your gear.

Step 3:

Get close to friends, and hit respawn. They loot all your stuff, and you will be born again, with all the gear in the same location. You can rinse and repeat that indefinitely.

Bonus bug #1: If you just want to be a complete dick. follow step 1 and pop on a ghillie suit. You then become invisible to everyone else, and you can KILL EVERYONE with no chance of them seeing and or/shooting you.

The only problem with the ghillie suit is when you loot anything, and or run around no progress is saved. Besides ruining some ones day.

Bonus bug #2: All of this, is done with absolutely NO zombie aggro. Even with the ghillie suit off, when they and all players can see you.

For people that are going to jump up and yell "REAPS YOU FUCKIN' ASS! YOU RUINED THE GAME!" No, i haven't I'm shedding light on what a select few people are more than likely already doing. And if I somehow am the first one to discover this, then I'm yelling it from the rooftops, because someone else will find it out. and try to keep it to themselves.

These are very easy to fix. I'm sure. And i think a few issues have been fixed in the trial 1.7.2.1. I'm just trying to make the exploit known. So don't shoot the messenger.

Reaps

Well I learned something new today.. Now all I need are friends on dayz that don't shoot on sight..

Actually I will not do this shit but am sure many will.. Better exposed to all though than harboured and exploited by a merciless elite.

• Like 1

group play is dead by desynch, could bearly keep track of our movments on screen and had to rely on comms to know where somone is standing. Infected can hardly detect you at night time, alowing you to sprint on grass in full view less than 10 meters away. didnt seem to be many of them either, and they somtimes spawn in the doorways of the closest building so you can just spray the group on approch (if your that way inclined)

• Like 2

Possible bug, found a helicopter crash site and while looting, bizon SD name pops up, when I tried to pick it up, there was no icon. Not being sure it was a legit item I left it and ran off with a FAL. Is this part of the "cuts too deep" or did I find a bug.

I purpose you do some rollback, peoples which loose powerful weapon such as l85a2 aws will get this back ? :)

People who are crying for their L85... stop it. :)

This is Alph... :)

Hopefully the next hotfix solves the loading and desynch problems! :ff

• Like 1

I purpose you do some rollback, peoples which loose powerful weapon such as l85a2 aws will get this back ? :)

It's not a bug that makes then lose the AWS. It's being removed.

Also, a rollback is unnecessary, and keep in mind that a rollback would make other people lose what they have gotten. Unless they put very much work into just rollbacking a few.

Work that could go to fixing the problems instead.

A bug i keep getting at the moment is ill start playing for about 2 hours and if i lose connection and then rejoin the whole session i played is basically

deleted and i am back to where i started before playing as if the server is logging my data.

I am not moaning just pointing it out for the DayZ team to have a look into hopefully.

just a bit unmotivated when you come to find your last couple of hours play never happened lol

Oh god are we back to radio silence? nice new forum tho gratz devteam

• Like 1

Logged in found out I'm invisible (was wearing camo before) and able to do about anything, like running around Stary, the NWAF and shit, scared the crap outta some dudes, by running in circles around them( guess they could hear but not see me). Decided to hit respawn near Kamyshovo, to get rid of the Camo. New Character still in loading screen - I hear half crazed zombie sounds, when my screen goes from black to "i finally see stuff" theres about 4 Zeds running from all over to my spawn loc and beat the shit out of me - Dead.

I respawn again somewhere else, same shit happened again..was half dead before I was even able to control my Character.

Third respawn near kamyshovo, same thing, only the Zeds knock me out and then lose interest, i finally come to, patch myself up and realize that theres only 4k blood left, but decide to go on anyways, im prone and turn right towards a factory building to check for zeds - they get crazy all over again and start running at me from about 60-100m for no apparent reason - again. Dead.

4th Respawn, same spot, only this time, Zombies not present, i decide to get inside the factory in hopes of finding a hatchet.

I'm "lucky" find a hatchet, equip and reload it (guess its still not fixed). i crouch up the stairs into a room, with a big window , euip a toolbox and see from outside the factory grounds a zombie is running like a Mofo from the train tracks, over the courtyard towards the factory and i think to myself

"there has to be someone else around, he cant possible have been agroed by me, sitting still in crouch in the 2nd or 3rd floor inside a building about 150m away from that guy"

Boy was i wrong.

He ran through (yes inside the building) the ground floor and up the stairs like a frickin homing beacon inside the room im sitting in, and takes my axe to the face. About 5 Minutes later i find a M1911 and a few mags, when i hear it again, Zombies going batshit insane outside and running in, because they

a) heard me through the building walls and the wall surrounding the compound

B) have xray eyes and can see me through walls

I shoot one, thinking "well they just take a bullet and im done with them" but hell no..first Zed takes 3 .45s to the chest then kind of sprints towarss me, hits me and dies immediately after. Second one takes the rest of the clip and about 2-3 from a second clip when all hell breaks loose and i get swarmed by 8-10 zombies.

I run back, deeper inside the factory thinking "I'm dead." when i realize that turning around one corner, instantly makes them all lose interest.

They all leave the factory but once outside they get aggro again and keep running from all over the place to the entrances of the factory..but instead of entering, they stay at the doorsteps.

Well yeah..so far for my 1.7.2 experience

Possible bug, found a helicopter crash site and while looting, bizon SD name pops up, when I tried to pick it up, there was no icon. Not being sure it was a legit item I left it and ran off with a FAL. Is this part of the "cuts too deep" or did I find a bug.

I've picked up a bizon from a heli crash site since 1.7.2, so, erm... Works ok for me...

The only thing I would adjust is dialling down the zombie aggro a little when crouched. Having to crawl at all times through a town isn't really fun...it's just time-consuming. When standing, yeah, zombie aggro is fine. I think moving in the crouched position should be a touch more "invisible" to the zombies. Not like it used to be, but not as useless as it is now either.

Other than that, things are great!

I shoot one, thinking "well they just take a bullet and im done with them" but hell no..first Zed takes 3 .45s to the chest then kind of sprints towarss me, hits me and dies immediately after. Second one takes the rest of the clip and about 2-3 from a second clip when all hell breaks loose and i get swarmed by 8-10 zombies.

confirmed infected taking multiple kill shots, lag or bug? IDK

Most servers continue keeping 1.7.2 without rolling back to 1.7.1.5... so why don't make 1.7.2.1 official?

Goodbye.

I'm a brand new player to the game but I've followed a few people on youtube to this point so I'm familiar with the game/arma2.

Trying to put weapons directly into a backpack without enough spaces means they disappear, I've had the same for car parts (not knowing how much space they'd take up.

I often hear flies for a dead player but can see no body. I've had this at the coast and at hangers.

Regarding zombies in the day, I do find this far beyond hard now. I've had zombies on me within 5secs of spawning, even when crouch walking from huge distances. 20mins of running around ensues, I have been able to loss then when going up a hill, eventually if it's steep enough they lose interest. I'm still left with no weapon, no food or water though and now miles away from anywhere again. Spawning, I have seen right in front and it's also happened right behind me. They seen intent on crossing my path even before they've seen me. Looting an area is now incredibly hard with the respawn rate. As someone else mentioned drawing in long grass for 50mins only to be spotted crouching to enter a building is not very rewarding. The tactic I employ when spewing in is to just run now, when finding a long barn or building with multiply doors go inside and parry there is something good to get, possibly doing a couple of laps after leading the zombies to one end of it. Perhaps not how play was intended.

Interaction with zombies has been good for the most part. They have been downed when shot, although I have experienced the gun go through them at very close range too though. I had another priest zombie near a church attack me for a further 10secs while I hit him with a hatchet. Giving up and turning to run away while bleeding out he died on the spot. Broken legs have been rare and deserved when they've occurred.

Playing at night for the time being seems to be the way to go. At least to build up some equipment initially anyway. Seems the zombie spotting is set about right for this.

De-syncing happens often. I don't play in a group but I sometimes see players sprinting on the spot, or planted when they're not really there.

Hope this goes someway to helping.

Oh god are we back to radio silence? nice new forum tho gratz devteam

Would be nice to know what's going on in these crucial moments, aka mass testing of 1.7.2.

I currently don't know what's implemented and what's not. If we could get some clarification on what's implemented we would know what to start looking out for so we can give you the relative feedback.

Most servers continue keeping 1.7.2 without rolling back to 1.7.1.5... so why don't make 1.7.2.1 official?

I'm completely with you...

Always getting ''Loading'' problems.