rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

is there any way to see what server your on, in game?

press "i"

• Like 1

Fuck you and your patronizing alpha shit. WE KNOW IT"S ALPHA

Ooh .. witty retort!

Fabrix, I see a split of forum posters of around 70-30. The former want to have it fixed 'now now now' or they'll hold their breath till mommy gives in. The latter just want to see the mod succeed and test the balance along the way. Perhaps its more 80-20. Which camp are you in sir? ;)

Toodles champ and watch the language, eh? :)

*snip*

Awesome.. now there's going to be a hundred invisible cod kiddies running around duping shit and sniping from the middle of the streets..

Don't you realize that there's a dev bug tracker for stuff like this? Reposting the same exploit over and over really does ruin things for other people. You can tell yourself you're "doing it right" until you're blue in the face, fact is, in order to fix something like this it requires that the coders find the part of code that causes it, fix it and release a hotfix to correct it. You've posted it twice so far.. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware.

Please don't post it anymore. If I was a mod, I would edit the post and warn you for posting exploits.. you're lucky I'm just a "regular" user.

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 3

I have a question to developers: If I set my tent on 1.7.1.5 server, and then this server will update to 1.7.2 - my tent will appear on this server or it lost?

Edited by AnyKey

I would really like to know what the visual value means, is measured in meters or something, or is it just a random value?
I assumed it was a percentage chance to be spotted -- e.g. when lying prone and it says 10, that means that if you're in a zombie's FOV, you'll have a 10% chance of him going aggro.
lost my gun and clothing, thats fucked.
I see you failed to read rule #1?

No problems with the latest patch other than random zombies taking particular interest in me. So much even, that they will go out of their shambling way 500m away, while im laying face first in a bush. They are so eager to investigate me, they make a bee-line to my exact location. This needs fixing. I have no qualms with increased zombie agrro, make it harder i say. But when it happens randomly with zombies 5m or 500m away, it totally defeats the purpose.

Check out page 46 for the Exploit of duping gear and ruining the game for everyone, easily.

Just to let you know, I'm fully updated but have a friend that is refusing to update and we're testing to see if the exploit is still possible. It is, and it's even easier than befwhore

Reaps

Well I learned something new today.. Now all I need are friends on dayz that don't shoot on sight..

Actually I will not do this shit but am sure many will.. Better exposed to all though than harboured and exploited by a merciless elite.

Hi every one,

As 1.7.15 was good, so 1.7.2 is as bad...

*** I am in debug planes, never been here before. And after jumping throught servers, there is a MASS PARTY GOING ON IN DEBUG PLANES. Yesterday i tryed 4 servers, and counted - 23 guys in debug planes... Now im trying to run ou of it. 2h, grid starts to move but i gues still lots to run.

*** I have .2 and 47 beta patch. We cant play in teams as it always in every server desincs... We loose men every 5 min.

*** Every 1-3h we get despawned in starting position. No progres, all used items returned.

*** Very hard to conect to servers. This LOADING screen usually freezes game.

*** These magical zombies - they are gliding, flying, they are morphing thrue walls, they spawn too close too fast and in vast numbera (4 for one killed).

*** This shit .15 gillie shit and item duplication in .2 is masive! We killed guy who had ALL BACKPACK filled wtih NVG's - like 22NVG's!

*** This version takes 4 time slonger to load. .15 was so fast...

If you would be selling game at state of .15, id say - best money spend, but with .2 - i would say - return my money!

And for opinion - 7.15 was best update - no laging, no debug shit, ALWAYS was able to join, normal zombies, no lost items or loot. Had a lots of fun before .2.

Thank you team,

Respectfully

UNO

Edited by Uno
  • Like 1

One of the worst bugs in the game is still around. Why the hell do these guys keep adding new stuff in ptaches, we don't care about bear traps. Just fix the damn game.

1. It does not matter how many sandbags, wire fencing, or tank traps you remove. On server restart they all come back.

2. With this latest amazing and well thought out patch we get to play for hours on end just to find out our progress doesn't get saved.

3. We can still dupe items.

4. We can still disconnect from fights, aggro, and even repair broken bones and refill our water and food.

5. I don't think I need to mention the outfits.

6. I can crash my vehicles, get off of it, get back on it, and everything will be back to green.

7. Can I ask why I need to have a toolbox equipped to remove a sandbag when I can only place one with an entrenching tool?

• Like 4

I assumed it was a percentage chance to be spotted -- e.g. when lying prone and it says 10, that means that if you're in a zombie's FOV, you'll have a 10% chance of him going aggro.

it goes over 100

it seems it may indeed be the distance in meters they can see you, or have a chance of seeing you. honestly it's kinda 'gamey'. if you step from the grass onto one of those 'hard' sections, the number might double. whether it's a percentage, or a distance, it seems kinda excessive the way certain things can make the number jump around

Check out page 46 for the Exploit of duping gear and ruining the game for everyone, easily.

Just to let you know, I'm fully updated but have a friend that is refusing to update and we're testing to see if the exploit is still possible. It is, and it's even easier than before.

So once again, if you haven't checked page 46. Here's the new version:

Step 1:

Do not update to 1.7.2. Stay on 1.7.1.5 Beta 94444. Connect to and play on 1.7.2 servers

Step 2:

Once you acquire 'phat lewts' disconnect. (to the lobby of the server) and reconnect. This will save your location as well as all your gear.

Step 3:

Get close to friends, and hit respawn. They loot all your stuff, and you will be born again, with all the gear in the same location. You can rinse and repeat that indefinitely.

Bonus bug #1: If you just want to be a complete dick. follow step 1 and pop on a ghillie suit. You then become invisible to everyone else, and you can KILL EVERYONE with no chance of them seeing and or/shooting you.

The only problem with the ghillie suit is when you loot anything, and or run around no progress is saved. Besides ruining some ones day.

Bonus bug #2: All of this, is done with absolutely NO zombie aggro. Even with the ghillie suit off, when they and all players can see you.

For people that are going to jump up and yell "REAPS YOU FUCKIN' ASS! YOU RUINED THE GAME!" No, i haven't I'm shedding light on what a select few people are more than likely already doing. And if I somehow am the first one to discover this, then I'm yelling it from the rooftops, because someone else will find it out. and try to keep it to themselves.

These are very easy to fix. I'm sure. And i think a few issues have been fixed in the trial 1.7.2.1. I'm just trying to make the exploit known. So don't shoot the messenger.

Reaps

• Like 1

Got to play some last night with a couple friends. The biggest issue was the desync between us. It was pretty bad and happened on all servers we joined (1.7.2/94700).

• Like 1

Zed detection seems broken in this patch imo... dunno if the detection was increased on purpose or it's a result of the patch breaking it.

nights seem brighter, thats pretty sweet. even with no moon i could see buildings and the grass a little in an open field which i couldnt before. didnt notice much change in view distance with changing weather tho.

Yeah, shocking de-sync for myself and friends as well... run 10 steps, see your friends running on the spot for up to 3-4 minutes, run 15 steps, repeat.

Shoot zombies, see them run off into the distance, teleport back to where they were and die.

Shoot zombies walking about 6 times with a gun that takes 1 shot, they keep walking... then start running, hit you and die.

Pretty fun.

One of the worst bugs in the game is still around. Why the hell do these guys keep adding new stuff in ptaches, we don't care about bear traps. Just fix the damn game.

1. It does not matter how many sandbags, wire fencing, or tank traps you remove. On server restart they all come back.

2. With this latest amazing and well thought out patch we get to play for hours on end just to find out our progress doesn't get saved.

3. We can still dupe items.

4. We can still disconnect from fights, aggro, and even repair broken bones and refill our water and food.

5. I don't think I need to mention the outfits.

6. I can crash my vehicles, get off of it, get back on it, and everything will be back to green.

7. Can I ask why I need to have a toolbox equipped to remove a sandbag when I can only place one with an entrenching tool?

That would have been a good summary of the known issues if you had worded it differently..

Honestly, I'm sorry you wasted your time and all that, but if you stop and think about it, you're actually a pretty good tester. ;p

(notice how I avoided using the word 'alpha'.. oh wait, I just did, didn't I?) D:

Edited by Cyanyde

Hey rocket, first time on forums and know this game(mod) is in alpha, but when are the ghillie suits gonna get fix? like spawing in the debug zones etc...looseing iteams when you put ghillie suit on lol. And the FN FAL will also bug out sometimes; when you log you lose mags (about 2-1) Just asking and lettin you know. If someone already ask you this is (my bad).

I do regret to say though, the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

ALL the weapons out of the game are glitches because I cut too deep with the classname removals.

This will be fixed for future hotfix in the week.

• Like 1

Stop complaining about minor stuff like lil Desync and some Items missing :P

Me and a mate played on a Server so some time (should have been right before the 1.7.2. patch). So we spawn near Devils Castle and run all around, NW AF, Stary....then noticing that the lag wouldnt get better and we stopped, because we just wanted to get to Stary - but didnt want to engange anything with shit latency :P

So what happens after updating to 1.7.2.? Yes. We spawn again near Devils Castle, with everything reset. Best thing was: My friend was invisible now, lol. Well, changing Server fixed atleast the invisibility...but was kinda cool

"Here look, i pick this stuff up from the Deerstand" *Cant see anyone on deerstand but stuff vanishes* "Its magic bro."

• Like 1

Hi,

2 weeks on this game, it rocks !!! no fear to loose my gear or anything else, it's alpha and i here to help.

suggestion: Why don't you put a pool on the top priority bug or feature (for me desync abuse and spawing zombies exagerate) and focus on resolving it with the next patches, than put another features that could break the game ? (im not a dev so excuse me..)

Keep this game hard, this is what i love !!!

Don't hate just what I think should be fix cuz I just log before hackers kill the server. And I don't get really any bad lag, Sometimes here and there but its ok alpha. Xero get@me (that stuff happens once in a while)

Also, thanx daze23

We found that you'll have to be way more careful with the zombies, crawl instead of crouching when close to zombies and you'll be fine. Also they won't come running from far away because of a gunshot, which is really good ( especially in cities :D )

Some de syncing problems and people teleporting, but this problem seem to vary from time to time. ( or server to server ?).

When do you guys expect to see the hotfix, days, weeks or what?

My experiance's yesterday were all positive , everything looked smoother and graphically better imo , loading times reduced significantly , and at 1 poitn was on a server with 1800 Z's , even then it was smooth as a babys ....................................cheek