rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

I am the admin of the server US138 we updated are server everything is running fine, but i can say we lost are L85 ( for people that dont know its the gun with red thermal optics and NV optics ) and we also lost are british land rover. We are on Admin IRC trying to find out if some of the british DLC was removed or it is a bug with the update.

Best regards US138 Admin - Gary

• Like 1

Apparently Vipeax confirmed the removal of the L85s in a stream session. Looking for confirmation but assume for now that it was intentional.

Who the f is Vipeax?

Someone who's too lazy to update a changelog accurately apparently. Like that would be of any use to anyone?!?!

look at all these L85 noobs whining when their OP gun is taken out of the game wolololol

GET ON MY LEVEL B****

Apparently Vipeax confirmed the removal of the L85s in a stream session. Looking for confirmation but assume for now that it was intentional.

Who the f is Vipeax?

Someone who's too lazy to update a changelog accurately apparently. Like that would be of any use to anyone?!?!

Changelogs, shmangelogs. WHO NEEDS 'EM?

Once again... is there any way I can revert this back to the previous patch to play just for a bit?

Once again... is there any way I can revert this back to the previous patch to play just for a bit?

Want to know this as well.

Confirmed, after server restart you can join the game.. This time i wasnt invis, but my ghillie was gone...

Ok so I too am stuck at Creating character, or I get "server is running blah blah blah"

Not surprising from what I hear about the hive being hammered.

I think I'll stop contributing to the issue and wait a bit, god knows how many people are actually trying to connect to servers right now.. I'm sure it will be back to normal soon enough. :)

Try deleting the @dayz folder or just reinstall the whole game :p

Security updates are NOT included in update notes.

Missing items relate to an overzealous disabling of config values.

Full reset shoulda been done for this update imo. Can't wait to get on and play again!!

look at all these L85 noobs whining when their OP gun is taken out of the game wolololol

GET ON MY LEVEL B****

I like that you call people who have a rare weapon for noobs, an op weapon everyone can get if they play enough or are lucky enough.

It's simply hillarious that you actually had to respond with that comment.

Out of curiosity, what level do you think you are on?

Just wondering, as this game has no spesific levels.

So it basically comes down to experience and how each individual plays, and it's not ranked by levels.

*eagerly awaiting some flaming*

-Z

I can log in my server and join the game just fine. My character is visible in 1st person' date=' invisible in 3rd person.

[/quote']

Logged out, logged back in. Camo is gone, but now I can see myself in 3rd person.

GET ON MY LEVEL B****

I don't own a L85 and I think it's a pretty OP weapon that should never have been in the game, however -- It was placed in the game, so they shouldn't just remove it.

My problem isn't with the L85 at all though, it's with a dev that doesn't update changelogs, I think I've read a quote from that guy where he said he didn't see the need to or something of that sort. That's the sort of thing an idiot says and I hope Rocket gives him a backhand. Reminds me of the CRPG mod from Warband... If it's just an unintentional bug that's fine, but if that's a genuine policy change then that's worrying.

Comforting... I think... :)

GET ON MY LEVEL B****

I understand you must be a complete retard, so i'll help you out. Not only was the L85A2 removed it wasnt replaced. So when you say "get on my level" did you mean you run around dayz unarmed? Especially when the majority of players with the L85A2 are up north. So now those players are up north and without a gun (except pistol). So basically its going to be a scramble to get a gun to protect yourself from other players.

What about logging in to be spawned in the middle of the ocean when ur like at nw airfield?

I have been able to join one server so far today without getting stuck on loading or waiting to create character. On that server I noticed a consistent performance drop, around 10-15 FPS. It did not change regardless of my location on the map.

-my character "had" ghillies.

-after update, spawned in and was wearing some form of digital camo.

-couldnt see myself in 3rd P. neither could another friend. and we couldnt see each other infront of each other.

-restarted the server, and relogged. was wearing basic survivor clothing. but 3rdP was working.

GET ON MY LEVEL B****

I like that you call people who have a rare weapon for noobs' date=' an op weapon everyone can get if they play enough or are lucky enough.

It's simply hillarious that you actually had to respond with that comment.

Out of curiosity, what level do you think you are on?

Just wondering, as this game has no spesific levels.

So it basically comes down to experience and how each individual plays, and it's not ranked by levels.

*eagerly awaiting some flaming*

-Z

[/quote']

well saying that it is a BS set up on it then it should be removed. The SA80A2 (L85) comes with either a SUSAT or CWS. The latter only having Night Vision and NOT thermal crap.

lol all I did was to put this new update in the dayz folder as I always do, and now the whole arma 2 game won't work, I can't even play SP campaigns or missions since I get a lot of errors. I really don't know if this is related but I haven't deleted or modified any file in the arma folder nor i did any update apart from 1.7.2

Comforting... I think... :)

yeah wookie, we are gonna find ourself some noobs gun now and go look for more noobs who don't have the gun in cherno and elektro, killing for them beans brother.. If y'know what i mean?!

/idiociy off

Well, good to know it's not gone, it made beeing stationary in a position abit more tense, and less of a bore with nobody arround :D