rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

While performance fps wise seems better' date=' I have noticed some desyncing. some cases really bad.

Two survivors in pretty decent gear really got the pointy of the stick during one of them. >.>

Zeds seem more realistic...hard to explain, but they just seem more "zed/infected-like" had one walking around a barn I was in, not aggro'ed on my but just looking about, creepy.

only played for about 1hr-ish, so thats all I can say ftm,.

[/quote']

you seem to be the first who actually "played" with 1.7.2 then?

Not the only one I think. I was on a US sever LA something, hardcore/elite something along that. The sever admin did ask if ppl were in the sever, as he was going to restart, but apparently enough were. few minutes later he said he wouldn't restart it. I also personally saw 3other players in the game as far as how many ppl got past the laoding screen is beyond me

So I guess this is a common problem... The patch is pretty much causing the same issue as when those retarded hackers got mad lol

Hello' date=' did this patch solved problem for ARMA X users that are stuck on "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application." even with game fully updated?

[/quote']

I hope so..

There goes the poor hive server. May he rest in peace :(

Hmm, same issue with the Editor, played around in it last night, unable to use it after DayZ update. No weapons on spawn (not even by adding weapons in the initialization window).

Something is broken :(

so i just loaded into the game and was in the ocean?

You entered the game' date=' you are lucky.

[/quote']

not really lucky when if you try and swim you wont even make it anywhere :D, going to wait abit then try again and hopefully be where im suppose to be

I can confirm for ya that you can swim without dropping gear on Atlanta 21, and US 43. Those are the only servers i know for sure where the server setting is turned off. If anyone knows of others please let me know.

Everytime i launch the new build (and 94444 beta) i get this error massage :

Addon "dayz_anim" requires addon "CA_missions_BAF_2"

Its correctly installed of course. Weird thing is that i cant start BAF (stuck in loading screen) anymore if i launch dayz, without the mod it works, so i suppose something is wrong with this alpha build.

Was finally able to get into the game. However' date=' was invisible while in 3rd person. Made it out to a field, killed a cow. As soon I gutted it I lost connection with the server.

[/quote']

Were you in a ghillie suit or camo before the update?

i personally wouldn't recommend logging in atm, as most people are being spawned in the ocean including myself, there is no where to swim because your like 200km out in the water, the only thing you can do is sink like the titanic.

i personally wouldn't recommend logging in atm' date=' as most people are being spawned in the ocean including myself, there is no where to swim because your like 200km out in the water, the only thing you can do is sink like the titanic.

[/quote']

You still can swim 200km ;)

it´s funny how you tell whiners to shut up while in same comment you say we are testers and should help to make this game better...

I understand that it´s a bit annoying how people are getting upset about losing their stuff and acting like they don´t know this is still in development' date=' but it´s only very human and reasonable to whine a bit, you know they could have had much fun with those sniper rifles, but instead of that they lose it to update...

I´d say reporting what you have lost (seems in this case it´s l85 rifles) with or without whining is better for this mods development than kissing developers asses all the time and just saying it´s better than nothing.

[/quote']

Most normal people have some respect for the people that make this mod happen, if i log in and my stuff has gone ill just start again without the whining.

I don't kiss ass for your reference, i just said thanks for the work they are doing as anyone with manners would do, if all they hear is the whining they might one day just say why the fuck do we bother..

However if he has lost a genuine rifle he should report it properly in the correct place.

I.E. not demanding that they give him back his rifle in here.

experiencing a loading problem after logging onto a server. including one i start myself. loading bar says full but stays there. anyone else with this?

i personally wouldn't recommend logging in atm' date=' as most people are being spawned in the ocean including myself, there is no where to swim because your like 200km out in the water, the only thing you can do is sink like the titanic.

[/quote']

You still can swim 200km ;)

but..... the sharks will eat me :(

awww....all you vets lost all your big bases and now your mad cause theres bear traps?

its frustrating if you found a car for your first time a couple days ago and started to collect all gear inside :P

awww....all you vets lost all your big bases and now your mad cause theres bear traps?

im guessing your more mad because they kept killing you?

Heh, made it into a server. It said I had incorrect version, im pretty sure that issue is the server admins messing up the update, dont get mad at me if im wrong though. Also, my sidearm (1911) had become a flashlight. Only it just LOOKED like a flashlight, still showed as a 1911 in my inventory. And it fired. I tried to start fraps up and the server died before i could tab back in and get some evidence. Looked pretty awesome though.

You know you'd be mad as hell if a survivor approached you on the beach and shot you dead with his flashlight.

Heh' date=' made it into a server. It said I had incorrect version, im pretty sure that issue is the server admins messing up the update, dont get mad at me if im wrong though. Also, my sidearm (1911) had become a flashlight. Only it just LOOKED like a flashlight, still showed as a 1911 in my inventory. And it fired. I tried to start fraps up and the server died before i could tab back in and get some evidence. Looked pretty awesome though.

You know you'd be mad as hell if a survivor approached you on the beach and shot you dead with his flashlight.

[/quote']

he might beat you to death with that flashlight!

server loading times seem to be very long. im trying out a 30 minute wait this time. it gets stuck on waiting for character to create. i assume it has something to do with the int to str thing so its trying to make a new character for me.

ill update if i get in.

Heh' date=' made it into a server. It said I had incorrect version, im pretty sure that issue is the server admins messing up the update, dont get mad at me if im wrong though. Also, my sidearm (1911) had become a flashlight. Only it just LOOKED like a flashlight, still showed as a 1911 in my inventory. And it fired. I tried to start fraps up and the server died before i could tab back in and get some evidence. Looked pretty awesome though.

[/quote']

he might beat you to death with that flashlight!

No read my post again lol. I had A FLASHLIGHT THAT SHOT BULLETS. It was probably on clientside lol

Are we all spawning back at the coast after rejoining everytime!! Dced in cherno, respawn in coast, dc at Balota respawn at the coast!

Seems something has happened with the Editor aswell. I updated to newest beta patch at the same time as I updated DayZ. When I place a player unit I have no weapon' date=' when I place an air unit (player) I spawn on the ground not able to move. Related to the bugs? Has never happened before and I've been playing Arma2 for years.

[/quote']

same here, but i played with the editor just few hours ago, worked fine then. so it seems to be dayz related.

Really strange, I got a baaaad feelin bout' this!

arma II editor works fine, operation arrowhead/combined op doesn't (as it starts dayz)

it´s funny how you tell whiners to shut up while in same comment you say we are testers and should help to make this game better...

I understand that it´s a bit annoying how people are getting upset about losing their stuff and acting like they don´t know this is still in development' date=' but it´s only very human and reasonable to whine a bit, you know they could have had much fun with those sniper rifles, but instead of that they lose it to update...

I´d say reporting what you have lost (seems in this case it´s l85 rifles) with or without whining is better for this mods development than kissing developers asses all the time and just saying it´s better than nothing.

[/quote']

Most normal people have some respect for the people that make this mod happen, if i log in and my stuff has gone ill just start again without the whining.

I don't kiss ass for your reference, i just said thanks for the work they are doing as anyone with manners would do, if all they hear is the whining they might one day just say why the fuck do we bother..

However if he has lost a genuine rifle he should report it properly in the correct place.

I.E. not demanding that they give him back his rifle in here.

People will whine, its how they are, but it doesnt mean they are not respecting what developers are doing... and say fuck it? rocket? after success this dayz is turning out to be? because some people are whining? hah, he´s a game developer, if he´d get butthurt over that he wouldn´t be game developer in first place.

and dayz is slowly turning out to be success like CS or TF or L4D was, they too started out as mods, rocket is going to cash in with this, or at least ensure his future employment in game industry. I think he´ll be fine, he´ll get enough compliments, from fans and bohemia for tripling arma2 sales with his mod.