rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

I'm thinking that I should wait another couple of hours before trying this...

you bought the GAME' date=' not the MOD

[/quote']

Rocket is working for BI now and i guesstimate that about 70% of the playerbase bought arma 2 just for dayz. The "free" argument doesn't work. The alpha argument is fine though.

you paid 25 Euro for THIS mod? You may paid 25 Euro for Arma, but not for this mod. I'm in the BIS forums everyday since 2008 i guess? In there ppl talk about betas, mods and so on. So beta means, beta, this is alpha.

Afaik, when i remember it right, DEan somehow stated that he did not think that anybody would play this mod in alpha state. I think they're working a lot on it. So you have to be patient.

I remember the whole updating process for Arma2 itself, it was a long time till some bugs got fixed, and all the ppl on the forums suggested, tested with dwarden, suma and Co. , and everybody knew, one day there will be good final product.

So i guess you don#t get the whole thing behind arma and you seriously forget, that this is an alpha, for which you DID NOT PAY 25 Euro , cause IT IS FOR FREE.

That's all i can say

EDIT: The free argument does work, arma is like the linux for gaming, it's an engine which allows ppl to modify to hell. But i see that it's not worth discussing this out in this forum, go back to topic, i won't say anything regarding that anymore..

sorry I'm a non-hater and i simply enjoy BIS stuff, and this free mod, cause i did not buy A2, all expansions and DLC#s only because of this..I did it to support that small dev-studio

It doesn't matter why you bought it. The fact is DayZ is free. You may feel like you paid for DayZ but you didn't. It doesn't matter whether you use capslock or say it a million times. You paid for Arma2, not DayZ.

arguing about who paid for what isn't solving any of the current problems

All the people complaining about bugs in an alpha probably haven't even been in a real beta. There's a reason alphas aren't typically open to the public and even most betas...

There is already a game like this coming out soon. I think its called World of Z. Its gona be a first official zombie sandbox mmo. No Mod, no server problems, no crappy controls of Arma, finally a zombie sandbox that works.

But I do like Day Z for sure. Just cant wait to play a full real game, and not a mod.

Rocket is working for BI now and i guesstimate that about 70% of the playerbase bought arma 2 just for dayz. The "free" argument doesn't work. The alpha argument is fine though.

The free argument does work, because noone charges you anything if you download the dayz files. If rocket is working for BI or Microsoft is not relevant in any way here.

You buy Arma II only for DayZ? YOUR risk.

arguing about who paid for what isn't solving any of the current problems

No, it's not. Then again chatting on a forum isn't ever going to solve any problems at all.

Just give it some time to let the updates propagate.

If it's still broken tomorrow at this time then we know there are real problems.

My server, US 50 Seattle (hosted by Swifty), if FULL of players unable to connect. Everybody gets stuck at character create, or loading. Server contols say its running properly but I cannot figure out a way to fix this.

Rocket plz help us poor ARMA X users who now stuck at loading :S

My server' date=' US 50 Seattle (hosted by Swifty), if FULL of players unable to connect. Everybody gets stuck at character create, or loading. Server contols say its running properly but I cannot figure out a way to fix this.

[/quote']

It's because the hive is struggling.

There is already a game like this coming out soon. I think its called World of Z. Its gona be a first official zombie sandbox mmo. No Mod' date=' no server problems, no crappy controls of Arma, finally a zombie sandbox that works.

But I do like Day Z for sure. Just cant wait to play a full real game, and not a mod.

[/quote']

Can we get a link or something? Otherwise I'm just gonna believe google when it tells me thats not even a thing

My server' date=' US 50 Seattle (hosted by Swifty), if FULL of players unable to connect. Everybody gets stuck at character create, or loading. Server contols say its running properly but I cannot figure out a way to fix this.

[/quote']

Everybody gets this issue.

They did some emergency repairs to the database. Servers got better response but still hive issues.

Sorry, i apologize for that, but i simply can't stand ppl who complain about this game, only because they cannot play right now, due to new updates. I really don't like it when ppl bitch about the game itself, cause for me this is by far the best game i've every played..

[/quote']

I'm fairly sure you can't fix it know just wait. It maybe works tomorrow.

Rocket plz help us poor ARMA X users who now stuck at loading :S

it's not just the Arma X users. it seems most people can't play. I've yet to see one confirmation of anyone making it into a game without some sort of shenanigans

And no fix for hunger and thirst reset? Wtf?

did you make it into a game?

[/quote']

If the server is still doing it, the admins should attempt a restart. Some fixes were made on the back end. After restarting I was able to get into our server just fine.

Yes you should go play this I am sure it will be even better than DeadIsland.

That was sarcasm my friend.

I think you are confused with World War Z which is to be a movie I believe based off of book.

The author of "The Zombie Survival Guide"

You sir are already playing the game it is called DayZ :)

There is already a game like this coming out soon. I think its called World of Z. Its gona be a first official zombie sandbox mmo. No Mod' date=' no server problems, no crappy controls of Arma, finally a zombie sandbox that works.

[/quote']

Just to reiterate:

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update, or any serious issues.

Carry on.

I have the Snipersuit problem, when i go to third person i am invisible..... totally. i hope you fix it, i will not play because maybe other survivers cant see me, and people might think i am hacking! i´ll wait till this is fixed.

AsssMonkee, they havent announced it yet. I believe its on the 17th of this month. I have a friend who is a developer on it.

There are a few very early Alpha environment screenshot from January. I think they have been working on this since last year. Its gona be a huge world I was told.

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/GhostTown.jpg

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/GhostTown2.jpg

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/Nighttime.jpg

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/Screen_25042012_160307.jpg

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/Screen_25042012_160429.jpg

http://rms3d.com/images/ProjectX/Screen_25042012_160522.jpg