rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

I've not had a loading problem in the last 24hours at all. 1.7.2 using 6 updater.

Good things:

-The waiting time to play is now quickly, 2 or 3 min. the 90% of times (before 5-10-20min-never..)

Bad things:

-The W7 freezed sometimes when is in loading black screen and others when playing.

-Desync. with the two melee weapons (I must wait more than 1min to pick it from the ground and rearm and 2min. more to put it on belt)

-I start playing in one of the coast towns, where I end yesterday, but everytime I lost conexion, server restart or W7freezed- that happen every 15-30min of play) I start again in the first location with same items and blood, as if I not played today.

I often hear flies for a dead player but can see no body. I've had this at the coast and at hangers.

yeah that bug was in 1.7.1.5 for me

It's really hard to paly with a friend because of the lag (d-zink) 24/7 and the zombies get aggrod 15 meters away when i was prone. The loot and zombies don't pop up as it shud be and I'm getting stuck more often at the loading screen.

How about you be a good sport and TEST THE GAME like you should be doing. Upgrade and test. Report Bugs. This is a free to play mod, and you are part of a community run operation to make a great game. Be a part of it.

What part of my question didn't you understand? Don't make yourself look foolish, the reason why I asked for a degrade is because I cannot play it. Therefore, I cannot test it without playing it. Don't make me use my spoon.

• Like 2

Loving the new Zed behaviour and the fact there is more of them.

Experiencing quite a bit of de-sync whilst playing with friends though, which i appreciate has been mentioned already.

Here's hoping you guys can get the problems with the camo clothing/ghilie suits sorted out soon, and get 1.7.2.1 out to us all.

Keep up the good work Rocket & co. Some of us do appreciate your efforts!

• Like 2

Zombie agrro is wildly inconsistant and they aggro from way too far out. Like 200m in some cases.

• Like 2

To the people having the "stuck loading" problems. What version of ARMA 2 are you using? Free/Steam/ARMA X/Combined etc etc?

Played the game last night, I had a few connection issues on our server, but once I was in, de-sync was terrible. Investigating myself, I RDP'd to my dedi -where im hosting my server, and noticed that the CPU usage is between 10% and 20% higher than before. With 40 slots full, CPU usage sat happily at 50-60%, now, its sat at about 70-80%. It also tends to spike more, I believe this is causing the de-sync. I will investigate more tonight. Both client and server are 1.7.2.

My main focus in this game is PVP and grouping with my friends, but the latest desync issues have made both impossible.

with 10-30 seconds spikes, its impossible to keep track of each other and pvp will simply be a matter of luck, depending on who got stuck in the worst place.

If anyone gets a drop in FPS. While in game hold down CTRL + LEFT SHIFT + MINUS on the number pad.

Then type FLUSH and it will clear the video memory and should run normally.

Got a chance to play 1.7.2 last night with a mate.

Good.

Performance is great ran very smooth for me and my mate.

Found plenty of Loot good mix compared to last patch

No broken legs

Bad

A lot of de-sync problems

Zombie Spawning

Being spotted from 100's meters away

Keep up the good work guy's

Cheers

Edited by Smiley_ie

I was driving the bus on a country road in a straight line and all of the sudden i got the hourglass and bus stopped and I popped by the side of the bus bleeding and with 3k life, from 12k

Chances of me being shot by a sniper were minimal, it was 3-4 am in the game on a server with about 7 players on it and I was in the middle of nowhere. Used a bandage and ate some steaks and continued on.

The only thing I could think of was the drink icon turning to full red - while i was driving it was a red-green hue.

-

Anyways, i went to the nw airfield but pretty much approached it from north west side, where the two lone hangars are. I must say it was VERY hard, even crouched and walking the visibility was 80-100 meters due to the cement ... on grass near the hangars it was 60ish .... which isn't conforting considering they spawn about 30-50 meters ahead of you.

So I had to go prone and by the side of those hangars to get inside and... didn't find anything in those two barns.

Even so I managed to agro a few zombies at the corner of the hangar... killed them, got out in prone, went back towards the back road, aggroed some more walking in crouched position, decided to just run and as I went through some bushes they lost me. That was a relief I must say...

So yeah... quite challenging... it was a veteran server so maybe that also mattered a bit

Another patch with useless *&%@!

Why not to fix the MAIN PROBLEMS? Like player disconnecting to avoid any battle with zombies or people >_<, this is corrupting whole game. Or the bug with switching servers, some idiots go 1 lootable area (like airfield), switching 20 servers, get all best guns + special items. Forget about other problems like stupid bear traps, do that later.

• Like 3

I think that just means they DC'ed. I've successfully looted players in 1.7.2

I don't think that was the case as I got the kill on my stats/HUD immediately after but I suppose it could have been some weird server glitch or bug.

It hasn't happened since.

-Thanks

It's now more than 50 hours since the hotfix should have been released. The fact that it didn't is what can happen when coding a hotfix. But PLEASE keep us updated on the progress. I can wait, no problem, but at least let the community know how long we should expect said waiting to last.

• Like 1

Bugs:

1. I have seen zeds appear to spawn under deer stands (you see them blinking) only to spawn were they normally would moments later.

This also happened near a chicken coop thats near a well my team used in the same town on two different occasions, since the update (the zed looked like he was going to spawn near a chicken coop but never did).

2. Once going to a barn, zeds continued to spawn in the same spot near the doorway. I killed 3 or 4 and had to leave.

3. When you play and lose connection either through disconnect or server restart your previous session will be reset regardless of how long you just played. My squad and I have discovered a work around for this by aborting after we do an important task or find big loot. Aborting out of game causes our progress to save. We re join and continue.

4. When Taking a back pack now your current pack will sometimes disappear. Any items that were not removed are gone since the back is gone. This has happened to us a few times. We have to empty our pack first before taking a new pack. On one occasion we could see the transferred pack but the previous owner could not.

5. The have been three occasions were I ran up to game only to have them disappear.

6. Sometimes the iron side view does not work on some weapons after some uses (Seen happen on Remington and Lee) . We were able to fix this once when I suggested trading lees with a teammate, the problem was corrected ( I will have them drop and pick it up next time to see if it will correct problem)

7. The temperature system actually worked for us yesterday. It was in the morning on the server and we had intermittent rain. My five man team all saw decrease in temps (one as low as 33 ). We used heat packs and fire to bring it back up to 42. I was surprised to see this working. *This may not be a bug and could have been due to time of day, 05:00.

How about fixing some long standing issues before adding/changing whatever, testing is becoming a frustrating pain in the ass.

Using 1.7.2

- Hatchet still requires reloading (did not test crowbar)

- Half-empty magazines gets refilled when reconnecting

- Zombie aggro/audibility feels the same, including walking on the 2nd floor of a building and aggroing a zombie outside

- Had some FPS issues when alt+tabbing that I did not have on 1.7.5.1

- Some places had loot, especially food, and I could not get it. It was not lag, I tried to get it just wouldn't go. Then I moved to another loot area and it worked perfectly. (Not sure if this was an issue with the server)

All and all, it seems nothing changed from the previous version (besides the "setup complete" or whatever is the message when connecting).

WISH: please remove wirefances and tank traps, they do not work for protecting anything, just to grief high valuable loot areas, which is annoying as hell.

Edited by sergio

Player gear is synchronized more or less OK. But player coordinates is not saved when disconnecting. This happened to me numerous times.

Played for 3 hours on server 1. Looted stuff.

Disconnected.

Connected to server 2.

All the looted stuff is WITH me. But i spawned in a spot where i was 2 hours before disconnecting.

Edited by ModeZt

I don't usually post on the forums, only view them time to time, but now i have the feeling that i should because AT THE MOMENT the game is totally UNPLAYABLE and BROKEN.

Pros:

*Zombie Aggro - Zombies aggro more often, making the game harder.

Cons:

*DESYNC - Desyncing makes the game totally unplayable for me and my friends. We just didn't want to play because once you run with your friend, 5 second later you see him running into a random direction which completely destroys team work. Makes the game BROKEN.

*Loading - Connecting to a server takes longer.

*Page 46 - The hacking has gone out of control. Me and my friends found a tent with 5 of the same type weapon plus a thermal weapon. Only solution is to wipe all THERMAL WEAPONS, because it is OVERPOWERED and people will easily snipe you which makes the game BROKEN again.

*Clothing - If you have any Ghillie or Camo suits, store them. If you equip them you will lose all of your inventory + secondary weapon, however you wont lose your backpack and your slot items (you will lose binoculars).

*Ammo Tracking - It is still broken. Want to save ammo? Shoot 49% of your clip and then reload, if you reconnect, you will have full magazines :/.

Some of you are saying that the FPS has gone better. IDK i havn't had any FPS problems before so i can't tell much about it.

Rocket keep up the good work, really like the mod, but i can't play at the moment because of the bugs :(.

Edited by MrM

It's really hard to paly with a friend because of the lag (d-zink) 24/7 and the zombies get aggrod 15 meters away when i was prone. The loot and zombies don't pop up as it shud be and I'm getting stuck more often at the loading screen.

gotta fix your spelling man...

either way, I don't have this problem.

Edited by Powell

gotta fix your spelling man...

either way, I don't have this problem.

Gotta is not a word .......ignorant douche bag

Findings for 1.7.2

First, excellent mod, patch overall makes it very challenging as a new spawn. Died more times with this patch to players/zombie dodging then before. The challenge is definitely there.

A few bugs or behaviors we ran into.

On killing players: twice I've been in true fire fights with other players. Last night outside of Berezino i got the jump on a player who was trying to get into a deerstand. They were being rather loud and that should have been my clue they were not alone. However, I hit the player twice with the lee enfield (hey, it's all i had). i saw two animations happen at once. the body falling down dead, and a second body splitting from the dead body and running away. not sure what happened there. i didn't get to investigate as the two others came and got me.

Earlier today, I ran into a player in vybor, and after a small battle, i managed to live and they didn't. On the killing shot, saw the same thing again. killed the player (see the message from server of friendly fire) and still saw a doppleganger go running away. about 3 minutes later, as my friend and i were scavenging the poor man, he literally appeared standing in front of us and then fell over passed out. we dispatched the player not realizing it was the same guy until we started scavenging him. basically we got double the loot. (Server: US 467 - I am in EST)

So not sure what is happening, but there is a sort of dysynch during pvp that at death, splits the player as i have seen it.

One very nice feature I noticed and thought was awsome, was at low blood count, your hearing goes to crap. I was around 5500 health and basically was deaf to my surroundings. when my friend gave me atransfusion, i could hear again. makes it interesting at lower than normal health.

Aggro for me was about on par. definitely gained aggro from much further than anticipated, but running throuhg fields at full speed, it can be expected.

Edited by beerjedi