rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

First off... New forums are sick! love it.

Now about the new patch.

[bUGS]

It is extremely easy to duplicate items in this current patch - Happened to us by mistake. But this is what we've found as a group.

If you do not upgrade, from 1.7.1.5 and play on the 1.7.2 server, you can run around looting, shooting all that nice stuff, without any zombie aggro what so ever. You can also just jump back into a 1.7.1.5 server and have all your gear you had before you died. If a player was to shoot you.

Again, this was discovered by mistake by our group of players, one of the guys didn't update correctly, but was able to play. You can loot, and so long as you jump back onto a 1.7.1.5 server before dying in 1.7.2 it saves all your gear + location. This is obviously extremely easy to exploit rare loot spawns be it by server hopping through the barracks or simply running like a maniac. Then the clincher. once you have found the GPS, L85 etc etc. you go back to your 1.7.1.5 server it saves. you go back to your buddies and then simply respawn. They loot your phat lewts, while you simply abort, go back to any 1.7.1.5 server, you are spawned again with the full kit. rinse and repeat.

We didnt have an L85 etc but we did manage to easily duplicate a boatload of items. I'm seeing a lot of people "xxx was killed" over and over, so i'm assuming that we're not the only group to stumble upon this bug/exploit.

There is also one other HUGE exploit. Ghillie suits. If you stay on version 1.7.1.5, log into a 1.7.2 server and you're wearing the ghillie you have none of the issues we are facing when wearing it on 1.7.2. I.e no random spawns to the sea, no swimming indoors no warping around or respawns. What you do actually get is one HUGE advantage. because people in 1.7.2 can not see you. You are completely invisible They sometime can hear your footsteps, but not 100% of the time. and you can kill them. This has been tried and tested by ourselves to see what we can still actually do whilst not upgrading (after seeing the duplicating thing happen) This to me is almost more game breaking than the duping of the items, because there's nothing stopping some invisible ghillie guy following you back to your ents, vehicles. and raiding you, right while you stand there.

Please fix it, as it's a game killer.

[GOOD THINGS]

The FPS / Performance is fantastic, i never really had FPS issues save a few hacked games with tons of satchels going off ring in front of me. But the game just feels so much more responsive. The zombies probability thingy, is great. Taking us out the comfort zone once again, and it's something you won't ever be able to get used to. great idea, and it's working (so far) very very well.

• Like 3

Cannot connect to any server at all, I've attempted updating my beta patches and everything, I still can't. I get a "error" that tells me wrong CD Key when I apply beta patch 94444, but the update still applies itself properly. I have no been able to connect to any servers, and I'm really bummed because my frequented server is still running 1.7.1.5 instead of 1.7.2, but this has left me without any way to play the game now since yesterday.

I really hope the hotfix is released tonight.

I'll just stay with 1.7.1.5 for now, I'll check 1.7.2 out again in a few days (That's why you always back up your previous patch files, kiddies!). I tried 1.7.2 last night, but I kept getting stuck on the chracter screen on had to be close to ten different servers (But from the sounds of it, it was a server side issue). Plus my crews server is still running 1.7.1.5, just because we need stability for now.

Hopefully 1.7.2 gets it's kinks worked out in the next few days, I've been looking forward to checking out this patch for some time now. As long as zombie aggro isn't off the charts, like it was with 1.7.1, which are what some people are saying ;)

Hi guysWe need a bit of experimental testing done.Please download http://cdn.armafiles...ns_v1.7.2.1.rar , overwrite your current dayz files and come join us on "SE 3" .Be aware this is only an experimental test, your character is not safe and you might respawn as a new character.If you do spawn as a new character your "old" one will work if you downgrade to play on other servers - but no guarantees.

Pass for server: test123// Ander

Edited by Ander

Here are my observations so far after I played it for about 2 hours last night...

* Lag/Desynchs - The worst lag i have seen yet... Friend and I were both getting constant desynchs with the server

* Zombies - Now aggro from what seems to be the other side of Chernarus, while this in itself isn't so bad, when mixed with the next point, it makes it pretty much impossible...

* Zombies - As soon as you kill them, they respawn. Usually in groups of 5 or 6 - never-ending popup targets!

* Loot - Doesn't seem to be respawning very often, if at all

* Lag/Desynchs - Did i mention these before?

* Zombies - Spawning right on top of players and insta-aggro'ing

Also, a friend and I were in the barracks at the NWAF, when another player came in... my friend unloaded a full clip of M16A2 into this guy on burst at point blank... the other guy didn't seem to notice and just ran away and disappeared... and the kicker is that I didn't even hear my friend shoot (I was standing literally 5m from him) the desynch was so bad...

• Like 1

Ok, glad it worked for you, but I logged in, server says I died instantly (no death screen), I spawned in debug losing everything, I lost my Ghilliei suit earlier today by logging in (not a huge deal, but disappointing). No matter what I do I lost everything. I could have ran back to town, but that doesn't do much to help the fact I lost all of my stuff. Please take your ignorant assumptions elsewhere.

Sorry you lost your stuff.. My point was that once the loading/spawning hiccups passed, I was able to play normally. I'm sorry you lost your gear but I never assumed anything about anyone else, so your hostility is unwarranted.

If you paid attention, you'd know that the servers were being smashed with all the people trying to play the update.. I was simply trying to point out that once you actually get into a server, things are actually quite good. No need to be a douche about it. ;)

Edited by Cyanyde

played for a couple hours, noticed a LOT more high end loot, and i had more beans and coke than i could count. also zombie aggro range seems much larger. running inside a building they stop in their tracks, but i rode a bicycle a couple miles into a forest, away from a zombie that was chasing me. 5 minutes later, there he is chasing me again, like i was 2 feet away the whole time. Also, I just lost connection to a server, came back in and it spawned me on the beach with no loot, i assume this has something to do with the 10 million people trying to connect right now.

Hi guys

We need a bit of experimental testing done.

Please download http://cdn.armafiles...ns_v1.7.2.1.rar , overwrite your current dayz files and come join us on CZ 01 .

Be aware this is only an experimental test, your character is not safe and you might respawn as a new character.

If you do spawn as a new character your "old" one will work if you downgrade to play on other servers - but no guarantees.

// Ander

Whats the password?

Hi guys

Please download http://cdn.armafiles...ns_v1.7.2.1.rar , overwrite your current dayz files and come join us on SE 3 .

Be aware this is only an experimental test, your character is not safe and you might respawn as a new character.

If you do spawn as a new character your "old" one will work if you downgrade to play on other servers - but no guarantees.

// Ander

I'll try another server, cuz this one has password = P

Edited by Ander

Ander,

Is it possible to work in a way to close off the exploits i mentioned on this page just above your post (Page 46) in to the next hotfix?

Not sure if you can just kick people running the wrong version after x-seconds or something. But at the minute, you're able to wreak havoc on a server with an outdated version.

Hi guys

Please download http://cdn.armafiles...ns_v1.7.2.1.rar , overwrite your current dayz files and come join us on CZ 01 .

// Ander

dld the patch you say to dl then applied it come to test and you locked the server with a password that you dont tell anyone = genius !

I've seen people complain about zombie aggro a lot and others said they love it. Supposedly it is based on line of sight? Yeah that's a load of bs. I was peacefully strolling around a completely inhabited area with a rather tall hill separating me from a road about 100 meters away and a house. I knew the house was there and I couldn't see it from behind the tall hill. The sound I was making was near to nothing because it was high grass so barely 2 bars. Suddenly 7 zombies come sprinting at me from across the hill. Line of sight? There was no possible way they could see me from behind that hill! I couldn't see them at all! I expected some to spawn and stroll around, yes but never to come running at me from over a 100 meter distance behind a hill.

Whoever says the new zombie aggro is challenging, interesting and overally a nice addition, in my opinion is a complete retard. I see how it is ease to deal with zombies once you have enough equipment to go about but then I thought to myself "how am I ever going to get a weapon from anywhere if I can't even prone to it?" I'd like that question asked because it is unnatural for zombies to have x-ray vision that can also identify if the target is still human and not just another zombies. They shouldn't be able to identify a human from 50 meters away. I understand if you go sprinting it's noticeable but even if you walk slowly or prone they just go apeshit and what is worse it seems as if once one notices you they all follow him.

My friend found a ghillie suit in Elektro and upon putting it on he warped underground into invisible water that made him swim and lose all of his gear. I have also noticed great inconsistency in loot drops. It seems that there is a lot less of it and the rare items drop incredibly often for whatever reason.

I had some issues connecting and loading my character. I didn't lose anything. I had to validate game cache in steam on both games which redownloaded 1 file for each game that was 4kb big. Then I ran the game to resolve all the issues. After connecting it said the CD-KEY is wrong. I ran steam as administrator and it was fixed. I connected fine and could play.

TL;DR Zombie aggro is definitely broken, loot is weird now it seems bugged, ghillie suits are completely broken, game seems to be stable now in terms of connecting and loading.

BUGS:

Spawning in the debug area i.e. 22km out of the map.

Zombies can still hit through walls.

Flies can still be heard for bodies that are not there.

Password is "test123" updated original post. Sorry Im tired.

Known issues:

- zombies stop aggroing if player log out.

- zombies dont despawn properly (to stresstest stuff).

Also for any serverhoster thinking of applying this patch, it'll break shit so dont do it. :)

There'll be a complete package later with fixes applied for a bunch of bugs.

Hmm sorry, never got the quota about it being required for them to add something new every update. The performance all around is GREATLY improved (since I dont have a high end pc) the fps is greatly increased. Loading times are significantly faster and there are more zombies. So, they did add something new. More zombies. Now you can't say they didnt add anything anymore.

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

they didn't add anything bro

Known issues:

Also for any serverhoster thinking of applying this patch, it'll break shit so dont do it. :)

Nice!

are you guys looking into the desynch/lag thing?

is there ETA for the full package!? :)

Found a Camo suit. tried to put it on.

i heard water for 1 second, then something interesting happend: first i lost al my gear in my main inventory + the camo suit, the suit didnt changed, but i did not spawn in the ocean. i guess this is fixed 1/4.way.

i used the 2nd latest beta patch 9444 (or something)

some strange rollbacks: got back to the last place after a travel, also with gear. got thirst, drank a canteen, then rejoined a server...still thirst and a empty canteen.

Lost my Ghillie and stuff with the new patch...not for the first time ( ..) What is it with Ghillie suits vanishing for one of the rarest finds in the game it should be high on the agenda right? Choosing to wear civ clothing in the hopes the suit was still there does nothing apart from reset all the kill stats to zero. Also sure I had a better backpack than the 8 slot Coyote one.

First building I sneaked up to a z heard me through the wall and slowly came to investigate - felt harsh but it was slow getting out and I moved away. Went across the town in crouchy sneaky mode and a z ran at me from miles away whilst i was shift crouch walking into a hut...ran with a gang of z's on me turned to take them on...2 hits I was knocked out and taken down to just over 200 blood. Logged before I could be bothered to see the outcome.

I'm out of this until a hotfix lands/its fun to play again.

Will there be a roll back to the PRE 1.9.2 patch? Losing my tents and gear because of my ghillie suit is silly and so many other people lost their items / tents probably also due to the bug and random dying. I'm not crying over my gear (before anyone says it) because I've already got another set anyways that I had in a tent BUT it still sucks to lose all my progress in murders / zombie kills and days alive due to the bug that was well, should of been pretty obvious before it was released. So was there a back up of the DB made BEFORE the patch went live and will we see a roll back? I'm hoping so.

Known issues:

I got the error: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'.

Then i press continue and it stays stuck on Loading Screen.

I'm having a problem downloading the Beta Patch. I keep getting the error saying "ArmA2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.".

I got the error: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'.

Then i press continue and it stays stuck on Loading Screen.

The config.bin error is seperate to the loading screen thing I think...at least for me I get it allot and the game continues on fine.

Will there be a roll back to the PRE 1.9.2 patch? Losing my tents and gear because of my ghillie suit is silly and so many other people lost their items / tents probably also due to the bug and random dying. I'm not crying over my gear (before anyone says it) because I've already got another set anyways that I had in a tent BUT it still sucks to lose all my progress in murders / zombie kills and days alive due to the bug that was well, should of been pretty obvious before it was released. So was there a back up of the DB made BEFORE the patch went live and will we see a roll back? I'm hoping so.

For the love of god bads.

Its Alpha, Learn what that is.

Rollbacks are NEVER going to happen.

Dont like losing your shit? Having to start all over again constantly? DONT PLAY TILL ITS PROPERLY RELEASED.

Edited by StrikeGTX
  • Like 1