rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

This update seems to have borked my original ARMA 2 install, I can't play single-player missions anymore. There's crashes, messages about files missing, and just now the sound cut out.

I first started via the mod, but I still have the issues when launching CO from Steam.

Just thought I would share the worst of the bugs I have been encountering in DayZ.

The first one is random teleporting of my character to an area I was in roughly 20 minutes ago (usually a building).

Has happened 4-5 times over the last 4 days' date=' about 15hrs game time.

Last time this happed I was on my dirtbike and I just randomly spawn in the zeleno supermarket where I was earlier. All my inventory gear is the same, except I am here and my bike is on the ground wherever I was before. I can't even use vehicles now because of this.

[/quote']

This is easy to avoide.. cos you wil see either your sight\sound nodes will stay the same whenever\whatever you do

Or the Debug monitor will be gone

Or you wont see any roadblocks and stuff like that spawn

This happens due lag\desync :) fix is just to relog when you see the Symptoms start happening,

Can someone please tell me how to update? I haven't got the first clue.

While you guys are screaming and complaining about the new patch' date=' I would just like to know how to update it.

[/quote']

You guys are gonna have to put on your big boy pants, look around the forums and find an install guide.

Otherwise, Xbox 360 just asks you to know your way to the store, and how to open the CD drawer.

Big boy pants..that's funny. The problem is, I have been looking for a couple of hours. Thanks for the kind reply though.

Not to be a jerk, but if you've been looking for more than ten minutes with no success...well I'm more confused than you are. Type "update dayz mod arma 2" in your little google window up top, and if you still can't figure it out I am genuinely sorry for you. Least of all regarding not being able to update. Good luck man!

Thanks for the patch guys, I know you worked real hard on it. I'm going to go ahead and roll back until you guys have a chance to get all the problems looked at.. my entire clan lost everything. Night vision goggles, rangefinders an svd camo. all of our ghillies/camo's are gone. vehicles storage was wiped as well.. Shit happens and its no big deal. Good luck Dayz team.

Roger' date=' the loading issues are known and we are working on them now.

[/quote']

you are too kind for this world.

go get some rest :D

these kids have been bad and don't deserve their toys today anyway...

Rocket your doing a great job!

Gotta love patch day though.

All these guys freaking out because of the little bugs they obviously dont know how hard all the dev's are working.

Best of luck mates!

Cheers!

So Rocket, is the zombie running up hill and in buildings a bug fix to them not doing it before or just a bug that that popped up? Wonder if you original intended them to but couldn't get it to work till now with the new sight/sound system their using.

Thanks for the update Rocket

Will check back in a few to see if things are up and running

What about server update ? My server is hosted by Vilayer.com. Still I have to wait till I can update via interface ?

My server is also hosted at vilayer.com and I don't have an option to update to 9444....

DONT UPDATE YOUR SERVERS/CLIENTS RIGHT AWAY.... WAIT A COUPLE DAYS so that Rocket and the rest can fix all these bugs lol...

otherwise.. be prepared to spawn in with 100% nothing on... and if you change clothing (whether to camo, or civilian clothing) losing ALL OF YOUR STUFF... and be teleported to a random city, or in the ocean.. etc... still... losing all your gear lol

after that hotfix about which told rocket, ghillie suit that i was wearing get back ?

after that hotfix about which told rocket' date=' ghillie suit that i was wearing get back ?

[/quote']

No cos in the same post he said he will have a hotfix removing both ghillie and camo

No cos in the same post he said he will have a hotfix removing both ghillie and camo

wait... what?

Did rocket forget to leave us a way out when you spawn with no weapon?Zeds running in buildings and running up hills removes the two only ways to lose them.

Thats odd... because the way I most often lose them is by breaking LoS and then going prone. Even just getting some good distance (100m) and going prone can do it. So all you need to do is weave around obstacles that the pathing AI has trouble with then hit the deck.

The missing items is because of the overzealous new anti-hacking mechanisms.

Not trying to be cruel' date=' but I really aren't too concerned with people loosing their stuff to this at the moment. We have some kind of major loading issue. I would recommend not using the Ghille suits for the moment, or any clothing change. In fact, I will probably release a hotfix disabling that until it is actually supported in engine rather than the hackery method I am currently using.

The new config control to prevent hacking is a good thing, but it's gone too far and too deep. We'll get the balance right, but it needs to be measured and configured and tested. That's what we're doing. A number of servers still run 1.7.1.5, stay on those until this is fixed. Most of the updates will be server side.

We're currently trying to isolate the cause of the loading problems right now. They only appear on full servers under heavy load.

[/quote']

wait... what?

:) read

For those of you talking about rolling back, just be patient.

You are no good to anyone if you do that, how can the dev team work out loading and spawning issues if no one is loading or spawning in the right version?

Just grin and bear it. I know you guys think playing with clans and stuff is the focus, it's not, it's squashing bugs.

What are you going to do when *everyone's* character gets wiped eventually?

Anyway, I've been running East for about 20 minutes now, just started seeing trees..

Incidentally, my fps is better, my loading/spawning process seems quicker and I've seen a few animals walking around looking more animal like than ever.. things seem to be working, now I just have to make it back to the map.. thank god I have lots of food and water. ;)

I'm sorry im not smart enough to understand how this bug tracker at Dev Heaven works.

So i'll post here and sorry if its been mention before.

1.7.2 Bugs :

1/ Group channel works for everybody. It behave like a global chat now.

2/Green diamond that marks squad members are presents.

3/Ghillie suit = being invisible to other players.

33.115 ratio on the torrent, so I think I've done my part. Time to play. Yeeeeaah boy!

After update 1.7.2 i just seen ManBearPig. Was he added to the game?

Excelsior!!! Come on I'm Super cereal

Everyone in our squad who had cammo/ghilli's is now in civi's again :( Sad day!