rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

seening the devs have confirmed this patch has some issues on losing equipment, will there be a roll back or compensation? dare i say "free return on what u lost"?

i prolly know the answers ill be getting but one can hope, right?

What is wrong with this? i can't get into any game what so ever and it pissies me off because i just bought ArmA II a day ago to play Dayz' date=' it worked like a charm but now it doesn't after this update.

[/quote']

It's not really Rocket or the other devs fault that you spend your money unwisely then, is it? Im not saying Arma II is not worth buying just for DayZ, but it's two different things.

No one on this forum should be held accountable for your purchase of Arma II, this is DayZ a mod, not a game as of right now.

I know it's being worked on, but is there a real timetable as to when everyone will be able to play again? Does this typically happen after every update?

I know it's being worked on' date=' but is there a real timetable as to when everyone will be able to play again? Does this typically happen after every update?

[/quote']

It generally happens after most updates, with most pre-beta mods/games.

Trust me, there's no time table to speak of, but the devs have been posting in here from time to time to keep us up to date.

I guarantee you, it's being worked on. :)

Sounds as if I may be one of the lucky ones. Updated to Beta 94444 & DayZ 1.7.2..

That's the kind of posts this thread is meant for, nice feedback! :)

Nice to see some maturity in this thread, as opposed to the previous one.

I've spent the past little while looking for servers where I get stuck at "creating character" and telling people in Group chat that they need to try other servers.. hopefully some have managed to get in.

:)

I think zombies running INSIDE BUILDINGS is fair and realistic, but running uphill where players can't? That isn't right...

Ok I think its brilliant that it IS possible to make zombies run in buildings, however out of curiosity wouldn't it make sense to implement this after their sporadic movement patterns have been sorted? As of now its pretty much impossible to line an accurate shot when zombies run towards you so the only way to accurately dispatch of them is either by getting them as they walk, or when they finally reach you and start hitting you. Now that they can run inside buildings means there is literally no way to kill them whilst avoiding hits, or am I mistaken?

And if some of the item disappearances are resultant of a new anti-cheat system you've implemented' date=' please disable that system. The game was fine before it was implemented, so we can wait a little longer for it to become more stable before re-enabling it. Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

[/quote']

Guess you've never been victim of a server wide kill script or shooting through floors/walls or an automatic explosive shell weapon that shoots through walls....

I've said it once and I'll say it again, go after these hackers with nukes, not bottle rockets. If your good enough, you can re-acquire all the loot you previously had. My crew lost a HUGE and I mean HUGE tent city, capable of arming 10-20 people with strong assault weapons. If that's a price to pay to get rid of hacks, by all god damn means.

Keep it up dev team!

I suppose you don't have a clear understanding of cheating and anti-cheat systems. The incidences you speak of are caused by people running server-side scripts.

The anti-cheat that Rocket and myself are discussing in this thread seems to deal with taking away items if the algorithm has enough confidence to determine that they were hacked in. This aspect of an anti-cheat system has nothing to do with the hacks your talking about.

Using this new anti-cheat, Rocket intends to balance things out, item-wise. He's failing, because his algorithm is classifying legit players as cheaters.

Has the L85A2 AWS been removed with the release of this patch or have I just been unlucky?

seening the devs have confirmed this patch has some issues on losing equipment' date=' will there be a roll back or compensation? dare i say "free return on what u lost"?

i prolly know the answers ill be getting but one can hope, right?

[/quote']

Closest I can find for a answer. Page 59

We're now working on the issue' date=' there will be a SERVER SIDE rollback to a contingency file (a new version of an old version) that will fix the loading issues, and deal to most of the issue associated with invisible characters etc...

[/quote']

Has the L85A2 AWS been removed with the release of this patch or have I just been unlucky?

Its been removed for everyone

FINALLY! I've been so pissed at zombies breaking my legs 100 times over... Now if only there wasn't a 90% chance you bleed on the first zombie hit you ever recieve.

SERVER ADMINS

A file called: @hive_0.4.1_contingency.rar

Is being distributed to you. This is a modification of a previous file, to fix the loading issues. It also fixes some other issues. Any server running 1.7.2 should use this file, until further notice.

CLIENTS

You will need to wait until servers have loaded this contingency file before connecting. However, some servers appear to work without it. Go figure. We believe the new beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient) may stop working properly under server load. We will work on this more

• Like 1

It generally happens after most updates' date=' with most pre-beta mods/games.

Trust me, there's no time table to speak of, but the devs have been posting in here from time to time to keep us up to date.

I guarantee you, it's being worked on. :)[/quote']

Thanks. I didn't want to sound like someone bitching about being unable to play a free mod, I'm just curious as to when I will.

Good to know that it's being addressed currently though. Gives me hope.

By your estimate, do you think it will be playable tonight (within about 4-5 hours)? If not, at least by tomorrow?

Thanks. I didn't want to sound like someone bitching about being unable to play a free mod, I'm just curious as to when I will.

By your estimate, do you think it will be playable tonight (within about 4-5 hours)? If not, at least by tomorrow?

You wouldn't sound like someone bitching, unless you were going around demanding stuff from the developers, while at the exact same time they were working their asses off to fix it for you.. that would make you ungrateful.

The way you sounded was like a new player who was curious about the new update and when it would be working.

It's all in the delivery my friend.

To answer your question, based on Rocket's post directly above yours, I would definitely expect it to be working in the next few hours, at least to some extent. It's a new patch, so there are bound to be issues, but that's why they call it an Alpha. :)

Just logged in and I am able to see all players on the map, regardless of proximity to me.

Not sure if it's accurate as I went ahead and logged out until this is sorted. Also unsure if this has been reported, so disregard if it's a well known issue.

Thanks

Fix 2 issues and create 10 more bugs so what happens when he fixes more issues ? 10x more bugs... Fix all current bugs for all current content before adding/majorly changing anything... Any dev should know this

Anyway its nice to see you trying to sort out all the problems that have come up after the update. Keep it up!

Arrogance and ignorance combined. Make it yourself if your the expert....

Thats the way i roll :'D

Plus im not saying i can develop a mod like this im just simply saying the way he is going about the updates is not a way i or MANY other devs would do it.

So you consider yourself a developer?

SERVER ADMINS

A file called: @hive_0.4.1_contingency.rar

Is being distributed to you. This is a modification of a previous file' date=' to fix the loading issues. It also fixes some other issues. Any server running 1.7.2 should use this file, until further notice.

[b']CLIENTS

You will need to wait until servers have loaded this contingency file before connecting. However, some servers appear to work without it. Go figure. We believe the new beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient) may stop working properly under server load. We will work on this more

Rocket and Devs being effective and posting results!!

I didn't really think a temporary solution would have been found yet, but thankfully it has. Don't know if my appreciation means much in the long run, but keep up the good work! :D

FINALLY! I've been so pissed at zombies breaking my legs 100 times over... Now if only there wasn't a 90% chance you bleed on the first zombie hit you ever recieve.

Actually this is a HUGE attribute concerning zombies.

If the bleeding was toned down, but damage was buffed, I think I'd enjoy fighting hoards of zombies more.

As of right now, I get hit by one zombie and start bleeding out my ass and I can't wait to fight other zombies, so I gotta run away.

I'd be more than happy to see this addressed in a future update

You just can't tell. Come back later and check. If it isn't working there are millions of other things to do. From what I can see, most spend their time writing forum posts or complaining on other websites.

I suggest canasta.

Fix 2 issues and create 10 more bugs so what happens when he fixes more issues ? 10x more bugs... Fix all current bugs for all current content before adding/majorly changing anything... Any dev should know this

Anyway its nice to see you trying to sort out all the problems that have come up after the update. Keep it up!

Arrogance and ignorance combined. Make it yourself if your the expert....

Thats the way i roll :'D

Plus im not saying i can develop a mod like this im just simply saying the way he is going about the updates is not a way i or MANY other devs would do it.

The game isnt even in beta yet, the bugs are so minute for it being an alpha that its not even a game breaker for the many that play it. If it were beta then its a different story..

not trying to troll you but you sure your a dev?

Keep in mind to call yourself a dev you have to be actually developing software for a living.

Well regardless of that question, to each his own. This method works for rocket and thats what matters.

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

I hear what you're saying' date=' but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

It's a bit shit, but the only way for the experiment to continue is with mistakes. I have to keep being bold. There is a reason the game everyone always thought of was never made, and this is it. Because nobody could deal with the fallout from the insufferable process of trial and error associated with pushing the boundaries to make it happen.

[/quote']

We do not pay to play DayZ. We are currently Alpha Testers. We will have our loot disappear. We will spawn in the debug forest. We will spawn in the debug plains. We will spawn as a crow or a pig(<--my favorite). We will glitch through walls and fall off of ladders. We will log out next to a vehicle and then log back in under the vehicle dying instantly. We will try and run through a door at the same time as one of our friends and die. We will log out at stary and log back in on the coast of cherno. We will die trying to pole vault over barbed wire and sand traps. We will log in after a patch, find a bear trap, set it on the ground then run into it accidentally and Die because you left your bandages in your tent which was wiped with the new patch........We will do all of these things, and we will LOVE IT. If you cant handle it, go cry in a corner, or better yet keep posting on these forums....because we all know Rocket eats sleeps and breathes your tears.

Cheers Dev Team - Keep up the good work. We all look forward to new ways to die in DayZ!

Joined a nearly full server about 20 minutes ago. Performance was significantly improved. Infected seem to be able to smell me now or something, aggro is much harder to avoid intended or not.

Just watched some DayZ streams on twitch and they all spoke about Ghillies and Camos being bugged in 1.7.2. Also it seems like u always spawn "new" in the spawn areas around the cast while still having your actual gear!?

... :-)

I've learned from the last updates. I enjoy every single tear of users complaining because they died/char was corrupted/whatever. All because of the massive flood of players on a tiny amount of updated servers.. pretty predictable after you've seen it once or twice. Yeah, when a new update comes out, I take at least a day rest from DayZ.

Patience is the key.

first of all, great job on this mod. I bought the game just for this. Sadly you won't a receive a dime of the money i spent there, but i must say you deserve it.

Heard some rumor about a stand alone version of DayZ, maybe one day. Could be great, at least im eager to see the mod in the next Arma 3.

I read some comment complaining about bug and problem, but I (and i guess i'm not the only one) am completely on your side. Take your time and do it great. no need haste, but also no need for a perfect update on first time. It is in alpha mode so poeple should know the risk, but also it means it needs testing and that why you need us.

Finally, since the patch i'm stuck at the ''waiting character creation'' message. If someone knows why or how i can get in the game feel free to give an advice.

Keep on the good work