LieutenantDan

Fairwell, had enough of this

If I saw someone driving around a pot of gold, I'd shoot them.

If I was driving around in my pot of gold and I saw someone walking around dragging a bag of gold nuggets, I'd shoot them.

OP, your mistake was not getting yourself a new vehicle. Stop trusting people. This is actually a life lesson I think some of you should learn. Even your real life friends can't be trusted with the keys to a Ferrari or a briefcase full of money. You may think so... but...

Nope, he was firing grenades at me and missed the first shot. Sure got me the second time though. I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

so because you got shot and lost your gear your going to shoot everyting that moves ........this is one thing that pisses me off with some people instead off adapting to the situation they just decide to Kos just because they got shot and lost there gear

People in this game will act without hesitation or remorse because there are no repercussions to their actions. They know even if they die they just start over. In real life it would be totally different situation. Its a game most people act like ass hats. Just hang in there and find a group to play with. It gets much better.

Edited by Drazn

Seems like Rocket should include a single player version so these guys can play I am Legend.

- Stop talking about real life, this is not real life

- Players are not your friends

Edited by HalloweeNGT

In my opinion the solution for this is to try to get yourself recruited into a Day-Z clan. Search for some forums or something and send in an application if you want your 'Walking Dead' experience. "Being nice" to random people you have just met is NOT going to work in this game, especially if you break line-of-sight with them like you describe in your story. FYI if I saw you running through the middle of a town with a military grade weapon and Alice pack on your back, I would kill you too. Don't be surprised if you join a clan and are instructed to KOS in response to unknown players as part of their rules of engagement.

Alright. I've read through four pages of this thread and would like to address what I beleive to be the core issue of OP's problem with the game. He's mad that there are too many psychos who play fully KoS,and that is ruining his sense of imersion because he doesn't believe that this is how it would go down in the event of a real zombie outbreak. I think he's mainly over estimating the benevolence of human nature. 1 in 10 people are sociopaths. That's in every day non-zombie land. Among business CEO's the rate of sociopathy increases to 1 in 4 because the cut throat personality of a sociopath is ideally suited to the competitive world of business. In a zombie infestation those most likely to survive are those who have no emotions to cloud their reasoning. I can see where OP is coming from, but I also think the rate of insane murder junkies would be through the roof. We can't rebuild society in this game. We're just faced with an endless struggle for survival, and through the eyes of a sociopath any other person is just another mouth eating food that could be theirs. That's my stance on the whole situation.

(How's that for a first post?)

Next time i see your truck im blowing it to hell.

Thats the spirit! So no farewell after all.

Edited by AtomQuark

I totally agree with the OP on the killing on sight situation. But if you really want to try to coop with a random stranger, it is possible... You just probably have to die at least 10 times before you find the one person that won't shoot you on sight. And even after that, its likely that your coop play will still be short as someone else will shoot at least one of you. (Since all that is quite tedious, I don't even bother with it anymore.)

If you have good gear and you want to keep it, you can forget about cooping (unless you have a tent to store that stuff to, while you go cooping). Thus, attempting to coop is usually only sensible if you've just died and have very little gear.

The one thing to understand is that the game is NOT what it seems like in the two to three month old youtube videos. Probably a lot of players get the game+mod expecting it to be something like that, and end up noticing that it is just another complex deathmatch with some zeds thrown in the mix. (Naturally, the situation is a bit different from the perspective of some bandit group, I'm mostly referring to the situation from the point of a single solo player.)

I can only recommend that while waiting for the game mechanics to get somehow fixed, join the bandit bandwagon and just start killing others on sight as well. Its much more gratifying to shoot the other guy, than to get shot by him. Sure, it further screws up the game and makes it even more into a deathmatch - but hey - its not the players' duty to try to fix the game mechanics by pretending that they are something they are really not (by trying to play all friendly and that, when that's just suicidal and less fun).

I sure as hell shoot everyone whenever I can, nowadays. A horde of zeds behind me? It doesn't matter. Just run and shoot any encountered player asap... As long as he dies before the zeds get me, it's mission accoplished... Is the other guy unarmed? All the better, its basically a free kill with no risk! Does the guy have several heavily armed friends? Who cares! As long as I can kill one of them, it does not matter if the others manage to kill me after that. Since the game has no real punishment on death, why should anyone care about that. It takes less than 30 minutes to get an assault rifle and most of the other gear to efficiently start killing people again... And its just in this game... I never go team killing and trolling in any other shooter games. Because that would be just being a total dick, trying to screwing up other people's fun intentionally. Still, I certainly do it in this game, because this game basically says "its ok, its allowed by design, you can freely choose if you want to kill other players".

I'm sure it was not intended to be as bad as it is right now, but it is what it is. Maybe it will change some day.

Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what. Great, had tons of resources and ammo and made it all the way north.

HAHAHA. YOU WERE WALKING THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF VYBOR?!

Oh MAN... This one takes the cake. You're an absolute moron, man. No wonder you died. You don't walk through the middle of ANY town. Sayonara, buddy. The stuff you lost wasn't even rare. Some blood bags and epi-pens and a gun and ammo, oh no!

If we were talking a GPS or Night-Vision Goggles, sure. But no one who walks through the middle of Vybor would have anything that good.

Edited by LordRayken

If this was real life and I was armed and hungry/starving/dehydrated. You better believe I'd kill someone for their supplies. It's survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed. I'm not trying to rebuild society. I'm trying to take care of me and mine. Not you.

I don't see what your complaining about. People keep wanting to make changes to the game, but its perfectly fine. Trying to balance the game ruins the game. There is a learning curve, there are asshole bandits, there are a few friendlys, there is the joy of playing with friends, and if you lose it all there is always the thrill of starting all over again, to fix what went wrong or you take revenge. Thats the trill of the game. Its so simple but yet to fun, and if you keep complaining then fine no one really cares if you leave so farewell.

I wish getting a decent firearm was much harder in the game. THat's how it would be in real life too. If a real zombie apocalypse happened everyone would seriously not be slinging assault rifles and shotguns. There would probably be groups of people carrying one weapon. Also with lesser weapons people wouldn't kill other people as they needed people with weapons with them to raid cities.

i agree i feel things should be alot more harder to obtain i'd like to see pistols become more common and AR's rarer

I need to get something extremely important off my chest. Can we please touch on the fact this forum thread is called fairwell instead of farewell or fair well...

I think this topic needs to be closed now because the foundation for this forum thread is incorrect and clearly bound to fail.

PS.... You suck.

Edited by ADub

Not all apocalypse settings are friendly...

For those who didnt saw it i recommend The Road movie (or better the book, but who reads books these days :)), where is this overall distrust nicely portrayed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY

I of course would also rather see some more friendly environment, but till the game will grow to such state, we will have to adapt to what we have now.

Edited by Blaf

PS. DOUBLE POST TROLOLOL. For real though, who honestly cares about this guy's bad opinion of Day Z when he clearly lacks the fundemental understanding of how the game works and or the possible outcomes of the game? Its not for everyone, but don't go on to the forums where there are enthusiasts and try to sway people's opinions because of your negative experiences. I would personally suggest you play the game for longer and actually read these forums before complaining so much.

Edited by ADub

Everyone has lost a lot of stuff.

Stop crying about it and get it again!!!

It only takes a shot in the face to die, why not be the first to shoot?

Have you ever seen a zombie movie? Or played the game 'The Walking Dead'? I've never seen the show.. but I know in the game people are bandits.

There are some people in the game that will just waste anyone out there and take there stuff, in-game.. and in real life.

FACT.

Not all apocalypse settings are friendly...

For those who didnt saw it i recommend The Road movie (or better the book, but who reads books these days :)), where is this overall distrust nicely portrayed...

I loved this movie!

IMHO, players I don't know are just NON-AI Zombies. They should be treated as such, stay away from them, move cautiously if encountered and if you aggro them, shoot.

IMHO, players I don't know are just NON-AI Zombies. They should be treated as such, stay away from them, move cautiously if encountered and if you aggro them, shoot.

Yeah, even shoot ppl with basic backpacks and flashlights .... Are you serious ?

Yeah, even shoot ppl with basic backpacks and flashlights .... Are you serious ?

Yup!

Especially if they have a hachet!

And bleeding

And has zombies chasing them and desperately needs to bandage.

Edited by ADub

what a drama..no endgame in an alpha mod, omgffswtfragequit:(

I'm sure there'll be more...obviously they need time to create new content/fix bugs...

Edit:

If you watch that little counter on the main page, well i think about a week ago that was around 300,000

now its 550,000, so just do a quick calculation on these people, who only bought arma/CO to be able to play Dayz. :)

I paid around 25pounds and definitely would pay more for new content..

Edit2:

obv I can't tell for sure that those guys only bought arma to be able to play dayz, maybe they already played the game, anyway i know lots of guys like myself, we saw some videos on youtube, like Sacriel42 and stuff and just linked eachother and started to play next day:D

Edited by kajonna