LieutenantDan

Fairwell, had enough of this

PS. DOUBLE POST TROLOLOL. For real though, who honestly cares about this guy's bad opinion of Day Z when he clearly lacks the fundemental understanding of how the game works and or the possible outcomes of the game? Its not for everyone, but don't go on to the forums where there are enthusiasts and try to sway people's opinions because of your negative experiences. I would personally suggest you play the game for longer and actually read these forums before complaining so much.

Edited by AtomQuark

PS. DOUBLE POST TROLOLOL. For real though, who honestly cares about this guy's bad opinion of Day Z when he clearly lacks the fundemental understanding of how the game works and or the possible outcomes of the game? Its not for everyone, but don't go on to the forums where there are enthusiasts and try to sway people's opinions because of your negative experiences. I would personally suggest you play the game for longer and actually read these forums before complaining so much.

What do you mean by fundemental?

Not all apocalypse settings are friendly...

For those who didnt saw it i recommend The Road movie (or better the book, but who reads books these days :)), where is this overall distrust nicely portrayed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY

The difference between "The Road" and DayZ is that people in "The Road" kill each other because there is barely any food left. They're cannibals.

In DayZ, people kill because they're FPS kiddies. Quite a difference, don't you think.

The difference between "The Road" and DayZ is that people in "The Road" kill each other because there is barely any food left. They're cannibals.

In DayZ, people kill because they're FPS kiddies. Quite a difference, don't you think.

+1

You got it exactly.

Edited by Tanker

Is this another one of those "I just died and now I'm grumpy, so I'm going on the forums to tell everyone how grumpy I am and that I'm never coming back. But I will come back to see how much people care >:( ." threads?

-MONSTER

Ok. 1 issue with this. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TRUST PEOPLE! In a Real life situation yes 1 weapon a group. But someitmes your group member will lose it and attract more zombies than many can handle. If you were walking to work you would be alone. Boohoo. I went 7 straight hours walking town to town looking for someone. I didnt give up. I called my friend and I bought him Arma2co. He was happy we got on and found someone. Guess what we had map, compass,biggest backpacks, guile suits, m24 and a m4. Ya we were stocked for ever. Just to be hatcheted down by 3 others. I was like woah at first. Then I bursted out laughing becaeu my friend thought he was badass! I was laughing about that and the fact they had horde of zombie behind them. I shot off like 5 rounds in the air to attract them. I dont care for best gear or being the best at things. Just having fun with friends or finding someone which you must be determined to do. Have your mic opened all times and sing randomly like, "Im on a mission, to find someone, a survivor that is friendly, and i need a gun, WOOOHOOO!. and repeat!" I did that and found someone and we grouped up. He was like wtf song are you singing? I was like my own!!!!!!!!! We walked into cherno and got 1 shotted by the SAME people that took my friend and my gear earlier.... I LAUGHED SO HARD STILL! Who the fuck really cares for death? It isnt held against you is it? It is a kid game where everything little matters. No that is CoD that KDR matters. Not to be mean but if you want to be childish go ahead play CoD. IDC for dieng. You shouldnt too! Trust me you will get used to it.

Lots of reading about only 3 days of gaming in there. I hoped you enjoyed story about my ingame life!

• Like 1

Arent there atleast 5 of these topic everyday?

There is two ways to play this game.

1. You go solo and avoid anyone dead or alive and you dont need fancy weapons they just give away you current location.

2. Join a clan and play with others ( that didnt come out right now did it?)

Alot of ppl like to hoard stuff and play the game for the stuff and not for the experience.

That is the experience for some people, getting stuff. Just because it is not your 'experience' doesn't mean it isn't the experience.

People play differently. If you don't like the way one player (or lot's of players) play the game, then maybe they don't like how you want to play. In a survival situation, you are going to take all precautions to defend yourself. If you see someone who has an AK-47, and you have a pistol, you are going to fire at them when you have an opportunity, so that you will be better equipped.

If you feel so strongly about how people play, then why not join a clan, or start one. Or just play with a friend like I do.

The thing that makes "trying" to make friends and be "friendly" hard is that this guy freaking drove right next to me, saw me and started honking his horn like as if he was ok with me being so close. I get up and start walking over to him and he drives off. I used my mic, like every player should have, and called out friendly. Ok i don't see him anymore, i thought ok this guy doesn't trust me, cant blame him with all the pvp killing. I start walking through town hear an explosion and thought, maybe he crashed his uaz trying to get the heck out of dodge. Nope, he was firing grenades at me and missed the first shot. Sure got me the second time though. I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

Edit: unless you team up before your in-game. Making friends in-game is no longer an option. But it kind of breaks immersion to me in a way. I mean how do you make friends before you meet them? If anyone wants to team up or let me into a group, i play in the dallas servers.

Dude. first of all I don't know why you're trying to -exclusively- make friends in the game. That's what forums are for. I found a clan by sending 2, just 2, PM's to clans recruiting on these very forums. Now I usually have a good supply of weapons, and WE let friendlies go, if they obey when we tell them to lower their weapon(2xCTRL) etc... We may even add some of these players if we see them often and they prove to be honest.

Stop getting frustrated and play the game intelligently. I'm not trying to be rude, just try to understand that most of the players enjoy hunting others. They want to play this like a normal FPS... let them. Playing solo will be less of an issue if you just don't play solo.

I have to agree with the OP, im new to this game aswell but 90% of the players on this game are jackass's, ive tried hundreds of times to find people to play with ingame and its almost impossible to do even if you are not holding a weapon and telling them you are friendly you will get shot in the face, if you hide and talk to them they will probobly tell you they are friendly, when you come out of hiding, once again shot in the face. Regardless of just having spawned or having a ton of supplies almost everyone will shoot you on site i have a great video i found to explain what dayz is like 99% of the time. http://gamesvideos.tv/post/26717376698/why-people-dont-get-or-like-dayz-watch-this-live

I think that you should really spawn with a map and gps, it would make it allot easier for players to just find eachother out of game and meet up ingame without getting murdered 60 times a day.

• Like 1

This is actually true no one would shot people right away when they see them on a real zombie apocalypse and for me most of the people are actually just retarted,selfish,jealous about killing for fun.

Edited by Pumbas